Bring4th

Full Version: Semantics
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3

3DMonkey

I want to rant....

One's own perspective and understanding need not fit within the framework definition of a declared textbook to be defined as the same damn thing. In reality, one's enlightenment need not be explained in a centralized way to appease an agreed upon textbook terminology. The explanation one gives for their enlightened view can equal an explanation that sounds entirely different because at the core vibration, they can be the same. 

In fact, when the textbook becomes a centralized method of discounting our innate abilities, this textbook becomes our own box/prison. At that point, one should toss that textbook in the river and try their damnedest to get out of that box. 

We can all mean the exact same thing and say it with completely different descriptions. Allow the discrepancy with acceptance. If we look past the intellect and into the heart of others, we, in turn, seek our heart within. In so doing, we find our essence, our nature, our role, our path, whatever you decide to call it. 
(04-17-2011, 06:19 AM)3DMonkey Wrote: [ -> ]We can all mean the exact same thing and say it with completely different descriptions.

A big hallelujah to that. It would also save so much pain in terms of knowing that one's dignity has not been targeted.
That is true. However, when we lovingly intend to build a bridge correctly, and it falls apart due to poor engineering, we are also building the exact same bridge as another's that doesn't fall apart. There is no difference between the bridges, because, deep down, we meant to build the bridge correctly.

But perhaps in the explanation above, although my learn/understanding distortion is essentially correct, my choice of vibratory sound complex is not entirely as accurate as this language allows. This is unfortunate (or is it really?), because in this illusion the unbridled predominance of intuition will tend to keep an entity from the greater polarizations due to the vagaries of intuitive perception.
(04-17-2011, 08:40 AM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]This is unfortunate (or is it really?), because in this illusion the unbridled predominance of intuition will tend to keep an entity from the greater polarizations due to the vagaries of intuitive perception.

I will add to it that psychological projection of our emotional state to the words presented can further distort the range of understanding, in my opinion.

Let us say that someone was fired from their job, then on the board the same day, anything said even obliquely critical may immediately trigger an inner tsunami. It may be poured onto the forum in words, but more often than not, it would be suppressed inside and let out in small doses over an extended period across different posts. The person who initially triggered the emotional tsunami would most likely be targeted through the period, even though, in the original post, the referent poster had no clue or knowledge about the former's psychological state. To put it bluntly, it was not the individual's problem.

On top of that, when responding to someone, it is quite likely that we may operate from the wellspring of our stereotyped image of the other. A tendency we may most likely catch if we are careful in analyzing our thoughts while posting.
(04-17-2011, 08:59 AM)Confused Wrote: [ -> ]A tendency we may most likely catch if we are careful in analyzing our thoughts while posting.
It is 100% likely that we can catch it. The question is how can we make use of it, that is to say 'own it'? We may only own part of it, due to lack of acceptance.
As they say, 'We would note at this time that the totally efficient use of catalyst upon your plane is extremely rare.' But there is an advantage with written communication, in that we can always choose not to post something connected to emotional reaction without due consideration and honesty.

3DMonkey

Embracing catalyst is a goal.

Seeking positive resonance with others is a goal.

Looking past the "issue" to the heart of the other self as self is a goal.
(04-17-2011, 09:26 AM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]...due consideration and honesty.

When I read honesty in your post with regard to understanding one's own emotions, the following words of Ra (extracted from 48.6) came to mind -

Quote:There is always some difficulty in penetrating blue primary energy for it requires that which your people have in great paucity; that is, honesty.

(04-17-2011, 09:43 AM)3DMonkey Wrote: [ -> ]Embracing catalyst is a goal.

I am ready to do it. I really am. But it should be beautiful always Tongue

Apart from the humor, I understand the underlying key point of your post, 3. Thanks.

3DMonkey

(04-17-2011, 10:40 AM)3DMonkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-13-2011, 10:42 AM)Spectrum Wrote: [ -> ]Since wisdom came up in this thread, I thought the following might also be applicable:

Session 101, December 21, 1982 Wrote:Ra: For the answer to this query we must begin with the
consideration of the serpent, signifying wisdom. This symbol has the value
of the ease of viewing the two faces of the one who is wise. Positive wisdom
adorns the brow indicating indigo-ray work. Negative wisdom, by which we
intend to signify expressions which effectually separate the self from the
other-self, may be symbolized by poison of the fangs. To use that which a
mind/body/spirit complex has gained of wisdom for the uses of separation is
to invite the fatal bite of that wisdom’s darker side.

Say it again!!!

For the answer to this query we must begin with the
consideration of the serpent, signifying wisdom. This symbol has the value
of the ease of viewing the two faces of the one who is wise. Positive wisdom
adorns the brow indicating indigo-ray work. Negative wisdom, by which we
intend to signify expressions which effectually separate the self from the
other-self, may be symbolized by poison of the fangs. To use that which a
mind/body/spirit complex has gained of wisdom for the uses of separation is
to invite the fatal bite of that wisdom’s darker side.

Signify expressions: indicate emotions into words. Declare the process of making known one's thoughts. Exchange boasts that convey one's opinions publicly.

(The session goes further to explain the catalyst of an actual spider bite, and that this was a physical manifestation of a fifth density negative's attempt. )

My rant was trying to tell me something methinks. That is, everyone is right and I don't need to tell them otherwise. (Get out the bug spray)
(04-17-2011, 10:43 AM)3DMonkey Wrote: [ -> ]That is, everyone is right and I don't need to tell them otherwise.

You definitely have a valuable place as a teacher, 3. Please don't sell yourself short.

There might be people who find your counsel invaluable, both here and elsewhere.
Words are symbols which represent ideas, in all languages a given word can have 1 or more official definitions, in order for that word to be useful for communication the majority of people you communicate with in that language should have the same definition in their minds of that word as you do. It is possible for 2 people to believe in an improper definition of a word and end up conveying a message clearly to someone else, but its more likely for people to understand your message less clearly if you use an improper definition of a word. Furthermore its even easer to misunderstand someone through written communication than face to face because of the lack of that semi-psychic link which is present when talking fact to face.

Describing abstract concepts which are based more on faith than empirical evidence is probably the hardest type of verbal communication, Ra and Q'uo express such concepts very eloquently by using proper definitions of a word, in fact there were many times when Ra used a word I never heard of before so I searched for its definition on dictionary.com, once I understood the definition it made the message clearer by adding in the nuance of that particular word which could have been replaced by more well known word which meant essentially the same thing.

Using your own subjective definitions of words may be very useful for diaries, journals, dream logs, etc. because they would have more meaning to you than the official definition of the word, but using that kind of language on a forum is bound to lead to confusion.
(04-17-2011, 10:49 AM)turtledude23 Wrote: [ -> ]Furthermore its even easer to misunderstand someone through written communication than face to face because of the lack of that semi-psychic link when talking fact to face.

But at the same time, I feel it is much more easier in written form to express more subtle/difficult/critical points without feeling discomfort in terms of receiving immediate reactions from the other. Largely due to the anonymity factor too.
(04-17-2011, 10:53 AM)Confused Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-17-2011, 10:49 AM)turtledude23 Wrote: [ -> ]Furthermore its even easer to misunderstand someone through written communication than face to face because of the lack of that semi-psychic link when talking fact to face.

But at the same time, I feel it is much more easier in written form to express more subtle/difficult/critical points without feeling discomfort in terms of receiving immediate reactions from the other. Largely due to the anonymity factor too.

That is true, however usually the medium for those kinds of points is newspapers, magazines, books, and essays which are edited for clarity.
(04-17-2011, 10:49 AM)turtledude23 Wrote: [ -> ]Describing abstract concepts which are based more on faith than empirical evidence is probably the hardest type of verbal communication, Ra and Q'uo express such concepts very eloquently by using proper definitions of a word

I agree. On top of that, Ra tells us that on our planet we have a multitude of different archetypes, each with a different way of relating, communicating, expressing their blue ray.

This is why our planet is expected to have a difficult transistion to 4D. Apparently on Venus they got along a lot better and were more in tune with each other. On earth, communication is tougher.

Anyway, I am glad to be here on this forum with such a collection of thoughtful and forgiving brothers and sisters. Together we can try to do a good job of this 'hardest type of ... communication". Maybe have some time along the way for semantics and the like ... Smile

3DMonkey

(04-17-2011, 10:49 AM)turtledude23 Wrote: [ -> ]Words are symbols which represent ideas, in all languages a given word can have 1 or more official definitions, in order for that word to be useful for communication the majority of people you communicate with in that language should have the same definition in their minds of that word as you do. It is possible for 2 people to believe in an improper definition of a word and end up conveying a message clearly to someone else, but its more likely for people to understand your message less clearly if you use an improper definition of a word. Furthermore its even easer to misunderstand someone through written communication than face to face because of the lack of that semi-psychic link which is present when talking fact to face.

Describing abstract concepts which are based more on faith than empirical evidence is probably the hardest type of verbal communication, Ra and Q'uo express such concepts very eloquently by using proper definitions of a word, in fact there were many times when Ra used a word I never heard of before so I searched for its definition on dictionary.com, once I understood the definition it made the message clearer by adding in the nuance of that particular word which could have been replaced by more well known word which meant essentially the same thing.

Using your own subjective definitions of words may be very useful for diaries, journals, dream logs, etc. because they would have more meaning to you than the official definition of the word, but using that kind of language on a forum is bound to lead to confusion.

Dude, what would you say has played the biggest role outside of yourself to influence your own wisdom? I'm talking parents, school, society, location, technology, etc. I want to learn from you. Your presence makes me metaphorically weep for my 19 self.
3DM, and all who have contributed to this thread so far, you have given me good food for contemplation today. Thank you all.

----

Ra speculated our Logos forced us down a path of spoken language (rather than telepathy) to accentuate the veil and further enhance the illusion that we are separate from our other-selves. Considering the long and tiring discussions, sometimes even arguments, derived from simple semantics, I'd say it worked. Whether it turned out to be an efficient way to explore polarization I can't even speculate on, but we can search for lessons in our "handicap" of language and most definitely find them.

3DMonkey

(04-17-2011, 10:45 AM)Confused Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-17-2011, 10:43 AM)3DMonkey Wrote: [ -> ]That is, everyone is right and I don't need to tell them otherwise.

You definitely have a valuable place as a teacher, 3. Please don't sell yourself short.

There might be people who find your counsel invaluable, both here and elsewhere.

The only way I know how to teach is to expose my own learning/teaching for all to see. If they see it, it can be an example.
(04-17-2011, 12:35 PM)3DMonkey Wrote: [ -> ]The only way I know how to teach is to expose my own learning/teaching for all to see.

I suppose that is the best way to do it.
it's kinda what i was getting at. semantics often divides. where as we often agree if we LOO beyond semantics and into the heart of the matter.

3DMonkey

Not your usual effort Confused, tired head? Tongue Heart

You are an example of kindness for me.
(04-17-2011, 01:16 PM)3DMonkey Wrote: [ -> ]You are an example of kindness for me.

That is it. The world will now definitely have to come to an end.

Confused and kindness!! Blush Heart
(04-17-2011, 12:21 PM)3DMonkey Wrote: [ -> ]Dude, what would you say has played the biggest role outside of yourself to influence your own wisdom? I'm talking parents, school, society, location, technology, etc. I want to learn from you. Your presence makes me metaphorically weep for my 19 self.

Weep for yourself? Why? You are who you are now and that's what matters.

When I was younger I daydreamed alot, that gradually turned into thinking alot because of various catalyst, now I'm looking for the balance between the two and emotion. I was always curious and preferred isolation over social contact until very recently, and I had a computer in my room with internet access. I'd read about whatever I was interested in on Wikipedia and because of my participation in the piracy community I could also find alot of pdf versions of books I was interested in. I watched alot of comedies intended for adults when I was young, one show in particular was mainly political satire, that really helped develop my critical thinking skills, as did one song on an Eminem CD I bought which criticized george bush's policies, although these factors also lead to pessimism until I found spirituality. My dad talked about conspiracy theories sometimes and my mom would help me refine my own theories about the world by pointing out their weaknesses, she might be a wanderer. I learned very little about anything from school other than the fact that I dislike my free will being infringed. Spending so much of my life in front of a computer and studying how it works probably influenced my thinking process (A is always a cause of B, etc.) causing an imbalance which I'm well on my way to resolving. Living in a peaceful suburb with alot of trees and animals that is walking distance from a downtown area with a subway, skyscrapers and malls probably influenced my belief that you can have the best of both worlds and that anything you need is accessible. The religion I was raised with taught me to feel guilty about meaningless things, I've rid myself of this belief for the most part. Marijuana also helped.

3DMonkey

Thank you for that, turtledude23.

Yes, I am grateful for every experience in my life that has led to this moment.

But, man, it would've been great to have the internet. Enjoyed it, did you? BigSmile

Technology can be a really good thing.

I like to hear of your communication with your parents. My oldest is 6, and I hope to have a good relationship with them as teenagers. ( I know, I know parents, I have much to live and learn still. hahaha "Let the experiment begin!" [Arrested Development] )
(04-17-2011, 09:04 PM)3DMonkey Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for that, turtledude23.

Yes, I am grateful for every experience in my life that has led to this moment.

But, man, it would've been great to have the internet. Enjoyed it, did you? BigSmile

Technology can be a really good thing.

I like to hear of your communication with your parents. My oldest is 6, and I hope to have a good relationship with them as teenagers. ( I know, I know parents, I have much to live and learn still. hahaha "Let the experiment begin!" [Arrested Development] )

The pleasures all mine, I love talking about my self as I'm sure we all do. Seriously though, I never analyzed my life that closely and objectively before, so thank you for allowing me to do it.

The internet means alot to me, its like a best friend in many ways, such uncensored access to so much information in so many formats. Technology can be good or bad depending on how you use it, same with most things in life.

I don't want to get into semantics but if I recall correctly I believe Tobias exclaimed "Let the great experiment begin!", and then ran upstairs, possibly to weep in the shower wearing cut offs.

My parents and I didn't communicate much at all, it's hardly a model worth emulating. I spend my time upstairs in my room, now that we have TV again we're bonding a bit more. But I just can't make small talk very well with anyone so all I can tell them are my ever changing ambitions, observations, and theories - occasionally I asked them about life in a communist country or how their day was. If you have a child like me then let them have their space but pay attention if they seem to have problems. Otherwise I'd say follow your gut, interact with them in mutually enjoyable ways, and then whatever bad s*** happens - no big deal, just catalyst, you'll all move on and grow from it. Oh, and if they hate school find an alternative school, the STS nature of schools is totally unnecessary catalyst as far as I'm concerned.
(04-17-2011, 11:43 PM)turtledude23 Wrote: [ -> ]Otherwise I'd say follow your gut, interact with them in mutually enjoyable ways, and then whatever bad $hit happens - no big deal, just catalyst, you'll all move on and grow from it.

I liked the light touch there, td23.
(04-17-2011, 11:47 PM)Confused Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-17-2011, 11:43 PM)turtledude23 Wrote: [ -> ]Otherwise I'd say follow your gut, interact with them in mutually enjoyable ways, and then whatever bad $hit happens - no big deal, just catalyst, you'll all move on and grow from it.

I liked the light touch there, td23.

I don't get it.
(04-18-2011, 12:14 AM)turtledude23 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't get it.

The ability to take challenges and difficulties in life with quiet confidence and dignified demeanor.

And seeing them for what they are - catalysts. In short, holding the torch of divine humor over earthly tragedies, if need be.

3DMonkey

I thought there was a "great" in the quote. You got the funny visual anyway. "never nude" shorts. Lol.

Thanks again TD23. My wife and I have discussed what we would do in a bad situation happened in school. We both would move if needed without hesitation. School can be a catch 22, damned if u do damned if u don't. We did contemplate homeschool, but now with her first year complete we realize how much she has learned that we honestly wouldn't be capable of. She loves it right now, and she's "all business" in class, as her teacher says. She has a photogrphic memory. And the boy, he loves words and he reasons with us like.... like crazy. Baby girl, not talking, but knows what she wants and doesn't care whose in her way to get.

Too much doting. I just woke from a dream in which I was graduating from college. Driving on a straight road that was undercontruction, a friend was reading the program and it recognized me publicly as "one who has grown the most from where he started". I saw myself with my children on stage as I wept with joy.

Derailing? Ha! 'it's my thread and I can cry if I want....' Smile
'cry if I want to. You would cry to if it happened to you...'
I think our education system is where the biggest changes need to be made to move towards 4D. Unfortunately, it seems to be the system most ingrained in 3D thinking in our society. Growing up in a world of 3D concepts that made absolutely no sense to me, being forced through the public school system, I felt like a square peg being pounded into a round hole.

When I was younger, in 1st grade, my mom removed me from public school and put me into a Montessori school for a year and a half. I'd say that this experience is how school should be moving forward to a 4D society.

They style of learning was very "unguided." We had a list of stations we had to visit by the end of the day, and learning stations all throughout the room. We rarely had specific lessons to learn, but more like a guideline, such as "go to the zoology station and learn about whichever animal you want." We were allowed to move about and learn at our own pace, spending as much time at one station as necessary. The teachers did not force material down our throats, but rather observed our learning techniques and guided them the best they could. There were group sessions throughout the day where we would sit "indian style" in a circle and share stories, what we learned, what we wanted to learn, and how we felt about life in general.

We were not segregated by age, which I think is one of the first mistakes in public schools. I matured at least 2 or 3 years slower than most children, physically and mentally. But, after being placed in an open learning environment, I accelerated by learning nearly 10 fold. I went from struggling with simple 1st grade addition to doing complex 5th grade multiplication in my first year there because the tools were available for me to teach myself. I was not forced to learn a certain thing in a certain way.

Unfortunately, cost didn't allow me to stay there, and my mom tried to homeschool me until 5th grade, when I was cast back into the 3D society that made me lose all of my wonder for learning.

In my current situation, I'm much more capable of changing our systems of food distribution and concepts on agriculture, nutrition, and stewardship of our Mother Gaia. However, with public school being such a rough challenge for me to go through, I hope that some day I may take up the task of transforming our schools from a system which forces learning upon our kids, to a system which allows our kids to learn. Once these changes are made, I think we'll see amazing steps forward in expelling 3D concepts from our reality and adopt ing 4D concepts. It is coming. Change is imminent. But it is imminent because we're here to make the changes. Let's get to it.

3DMonkey

I like that idea of school. I think it takes a special teacher. Actually, a special teacher can create the same effects within a regular school too.

I had great teachers and I had clueless teachers. I don't view school as the main source of learning. I find the home environment to be the most influential. School is just facts. I'm the one responsible for nurturing whatever interests my child has. Good teachers will do this too, but if we find one, it's a bonus.
I did have some teachers in public school I absolutely adored, who were able to take the public school requirements and turn them into something I wanted to learn. But it is becoming harder and harder for teachers to do this, even those with the most heart. It seems that school is becoming more 3D, more cookie-cutter, and moving in the wrong direction.

(Around here...)
Field trips are becoming a thing of the past. Funding for teachers to have the tools they need to make learning fun is all but gone. Recess is no more...instead, students here have to march to lunch, eat quietly, then march back to class for 30 minutes of required reading...a book from the approved list, of course, not your own choice. We now have "standardized testing," which just those words makes me cringe. Schools are packed and jobs for teachers are being cut.

Isn't it ironic that I found the most relief in high school in our JROTC program? A militarized, standardized system of classes meant to turn kids into uniform personalities felt more free than my other classes in high school.

The more I think about public school, the less I can stomach it. My experience in school is not something I have spent time contemplating the catalytic benefits of yet. I feel my passion for changing this system grow from discussing it. After I get some work done today, I think this would be a great starter for a thread.
Pages: 1 2 3