Bring4th

Full Version: If thine eye be single
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
"The lamp of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light."

What does this phrase mean? I guess it has many different meanings in several different books, naratives and explanations.

I, personally, have come to a conclusion of what this phrase could actually mean.

It is about "Unity over seperation". If you stop looking at things as dual-sided your body will be full of light. The light body resembles health, hapiness, love, wisdom, and manily enlightenment.

A conflict between two countries does not have two sides. It has one side, and this side is infinite. This also applies to any conflict between any type of consciousness on our planet, be it a single person or the whole world.

This statement basically speaks against dualism. There is no "Good vs Evil". there is good and there is evil and they are both part of the same thing and this thing is infinite therefore it has infinite possibilities and ways of manifestations or projections.

It also applies to our relationships between each other. When a married couple is not getting along, some poeple would blame the husband and some people would blame the wife. It is neither's fault as much as it is both of them who are in fault here. There is a problem in the relationship between them and not just in one of them.

The two sides of a coin eventually form one thing, which is the coin.

No matter how much we seperate different aspects in our existance, it will all be part of the same infinite thing eventually. And this infinite is the consciousness, the "know", the creator.

So basically, Jesus was trying to send a message of love and understanding and i am not sure that alot of us actually understood it.
It is generally interpreted to refer to third-eye (indigo chakra) activation.
(04-20-2011, 09:09 AM)Eddie Wrote: [ -> ]It is generally interpreted to refer to third-eye (indigo chakra) activation.

Indigo is the colour of infinity = When you are aware of the one you are aware of the infinite. becoming aware of the one could not come from dualism.

Indigo ray is Used for healing, sleep, inner harmony and rest = Body full of light.

Indigo ray represents saturn = the residing place of our solar system's guardians. Beings that i think, would wants us to be aware of the oneness and infinity.

So you see? its not that or that... Its both. My initial thoughts came from a less spirtual view but dare i say, phylosophical.

3DMonkey

I follow your thoughts, crown, as I have pondered this as well. I have a journal entry I will look up later...

Your first post brings to mind the Transformation of the Mind tarot.

Ra- "...In this image of Transformation of Mind, then, each of the females points the way it would go, but is not able to move, nor are the two female entities striving to do so. They are at rest. The conscious entity holds both and will turn itself one way or the other or, potentially, backwards and forwards, rocking first one way then the other and not achieving the transformation. In order for the Transformation of Mind to occur, one principle governing the use of the deep mind must be abandoned..."

( another biblical favorite of mine: " be not conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind...")

Also, a personal experience: in my early years of searching, Jesus spoke to me in a dream. One sentence. " a child whose thoughts are good, lives by the light. " i
It made a great impression on me and I began putting it to practice. ( within a month after, I found A Course In Miracles that confirmed what the light is )

I think I have a couple pages on "thine eye" in my journal somewhere.

Brittany

I interpreted it as a reference to focus. The more you hone your focus (know what you believe in and dedicate yourself to practicing that belief), the harder it will be to knock you off your path, and the more truth (light) you will have access to.
I think all of those comments are right on. Even simpler, I first thought that the "eye being single" means seeing the One. As we more and more see everything as parts of the One, then we will shine a light of compassion and then compassion tempered with wisdom.

Such light will be an example for others, especially those who have been yearning for a direction.

Angel Caution to Wanderers: be a light yet avoid the temptation of proud leadership leading to gathering enslaved followers. Angel
(04-20-2011, 09:09 AM)Eddie Wrote: [ -> ]It is generally interpreted to refer to third-eye (indigo chakra) activation.

Precisely. Additionally, David Wilcock mentions this particular phrase in his talks; he says that if thine eye be singe refers to the third eye activation, and has been known by the Vatican and others for a while, as there is a huge pineal gland statue symbol inside the Vatican courtyard.

[Image: 156093-famous-pinecone-statue-created-in...-italy.jpg]

3DMonkey

I never bought into the pineal gland stuff.

What interpretation of the bible is this quote in anyway?
That's not true. I did buy it in full. Then I came around.

Brittany

(04-20-2011, 01:32 PM)kycahi Wrote: [ -> ]Angel Caution to Wanderers: be a light yet avoid the temptation of proud leadership leading to gathering enslaved followers. Angel

But having enslaved followers is so much FUN! Tongue
From book 1 of the LOO:

"The next center is the pineal or indigo-ray center. Those blocked in this
center may experience a lessening of the influx of intelligent energy due to
manifestations which appear as unworthiness. This is that of which you
spoke. As you can see, this is but one of many distortions due to the several
points of energy influx into the mind/body/spirit complex. The indigo-ray
balancing is quite central to the type of work which revolves about the spirit
complex, which has its influx then into the transformation or transmutation
of third density to fourth density, it being the energy center receiving the
least distorted outpourings of love/light from intelligent energy and also the
potential for the key to the gateway of intelligent infinity."
(04-20-2011, 04:30 PM)ahktu Wrote: [ -> ]But having enslaved followers is so much FUN! Tongue

Good point, ahktu! Everybody, forget that Caution part. Gather around me and I'll divulge to you the Secrets of Universal Power. Dodgy All you have to do is take a simple little oath; just a formality, really, no big deal. Yee-hah! BigSmile
(04-20-2011, 07:56 PM)Eddie Wrote: [ -> ]From book 1 of the LOO:

center may experience a lessening of the influx of intelligent energy"

After I read this, I stopped using fluoride in my water and toothpaste. Apparently it leads to 'calcification' of the gland. Don't know if that's totally correct, but I didn't want to take a chance!
Thank you all for your comments.

3DMonkey

(04-20-2011, 08:46 PM)kycahi Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-20-2011, 04:30 PM)ahktu Wrote: [ -> ]But having enslaved followers is so much FUN! Tongue

Good point, ahktu! Everybody, forget that Caution part. Gather around me and I'll divulge to you the Secrets of Universal Power. Dodgy All you have to do is take a simple little oath; just a formality, really, no big deal. Yee-hah! BigSmile

The key to success is gathering as many people you can that you are smarter than.
(04-20-2011, 09:33 PM)Edinburgh Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-20-2011, 07:56 PM)Eddie Wrote: [ -> ]From book 1 of the LOO:

center may experience a lessening of the influx of intelligent energy"

After I read this, I stopped using fluoride in my water and toothpaste. Apparently it leads to 'calcification' of the gland. Don't know if that's totally correct, but I didn't want to take a chance!

Okay, don't take this the wrong way. It is clever and bold. That's me though. Here goes...

Does an enema unblock the red ray center?
(04-20-2011, 10:11 PM)3DMonkey Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, don't take this the wrong way. It is clever and bold. That's me though. Here goes...

This question is not as flippant as it may sound; indeed, an enema can unblock the red ray center, as well as the indigo center.

For many years archaeologists in Mayan areas were puzzled by artifacts that they found, that were flexible containers made of leather or the inner bark of certain trees, which had a reed tube sticking out of the opening. Once Mayan script had been sufficiently deciphered, the archaeologists learned that those containers were enema bulbs. The Mayans were advanced Psychonauts. They brewed a sort of beer out of Psilocybin mushrooms, which they administered to themselves in enema form. In doing so they certainly stimulated both the red and indigo energy centers.

[Image: enema.jpg]

[Image: escuintlaenema.jpg]

This hale fellow is clearly enjoying his chakra adjustment.
Wow..that's a new piece of information. Intense!

3DMonkey

Sounds like a way to "get off". I've heard of modern day circles enjoying wine enema orgies. This isn't exactly proof of higher minded ways of unblocking energy centers. Sounds more like enjoying energy center effects.

LOL. The sculpture is priceless.
I looove this site! BigSmile

One of the doctors at my job told me that there is an unconventional method of curing some diceases by massaging the anus. But one have to be careful for some people love it so much so they just keep coming. So she does it only three times, and if it's not helping she uses a conventional method. I just kept thinking "who gets an idea to massage anus to cure a decease?" Oh yeah, swedish doctors! I just love my country! BigSmile
Lol what the heck. I can imagine people abusing that system!

3DM - I've actually heard that kids are taking shot enemas on college campuses. No one should be in a hurry to get drunk that fast........
(04-21-2011, 12:09 PM)Eddie Wrote: [ -> ]They brewed a sort of beer out of Psilocybin mushrooms, which they administered to themselves in enema form. In doing so they certainly stimulated both the red and indigo energy centers.

Pretty good research. Not something you find out on the history channel! It seems these fellows knew how to activate both the lowest and highest chakras at the same time. Thanks Eddie for finding this.

(04-20-2011, 10:11 PM)3DMonkey Wrote: [ -> ]It is clever and bold. That's me though. Here goes...

haha, you might try it and see brother! apparently works well in Sweden! please let us know how you get on with it ! call it 'smart excursions in unblocking one's arse' :-) You will be helping the bring 4th community ..

(04-20-2011, 10:11 PM)3DMonkey Wrote: [ -> ]The key to success is gathering as many people you can that you are smarter than.

As a humble seeker of truth, I have found the key to success is not understanding love, but being love, in every moment, every event.

3DMonkey

I have, but not for energy center stuff. What do I know about that? Only concepts.

I was following the sarcasm with the success comment. Although, I do think there os some truth to it for STS. We should just let sts have that word, success. We don't need it Smile
(04-21-2011, 01:18 PM)Icaro Wrote: [ -> ]heck.

lol!!! In swedish it means ass! ROFL!
(04-21-2011, 02:22 PM)Ankh Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-21-2011, 01:18 PM)Icaro Wrote: [ -> ]heck.

lol!!! In swedish it means a$$! ROFL!

Another synchronicity! Smile

Unbound

We seek within.
lol..heck is the non-cuss word substitute for hell

3DMonkey

Who needs a doctor for that, Ankh? Lol
Interesting perspectives Azrael. I would like to pick up a book on the beliefs of the Mayans, and read the reasoning behind them. In this way, we might be able to trace the Mayan's perversion of the Confederation's teachings.

Unbound

We seek within.
(04-21-2011, 02:37 PM)Icaro Wrote: [ -> ]lol..heck is the non-cuss word substitute for hell

Not in Sweden Tongue

Quote:Who needs a doctor for that, Ankh? Lol

Who needs a doctor for what? Angel

3DMonkey

Massaging the heck out of me
Pages: 1 2 3 4