Bring4th

Full Version: my brief experience with meditation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I wish to share with you all an experience that happened to me while meditating a few years back that I think you'll all like. I've never told anyone about it till now because my knowledge on the subject is limited and I have yet to recreate the experience though I dont meditate very often. I was doing research one day on the internet and was drawn to the idea of mantras and the act of sitting and repeating the same words while having the eyes closed. So I sat down and put myself into a full lotus posture (which was uncomfortable by the way lol) and I closed my eyes and pointed them up in the direction of my third eye chakra area and began repeating to myself "God is love, God is light, God is knowledge, God is wisdom" and other things of that nature always beginning with "god is". After a while (I'm not entirely sure how long it must have been but no longer than 15 minutes) I went silent and my entire view opened up in a sphere like manner and I could "see" all around me. Up, down, left,right, forward, and even behind me. I could see the ceiling and the bed behind me, my dresser in front of me as well as the door to my side and my nightstand to my other side. Not only that but everything I saw was mad up of these small golden specs of light that vibrated in place. Even though the entire experience lasted only for a split second, I could "see" no seperation between me and the air or the air to the objects around me but only an endless sea of vibrating gold specs of light. I was so stunned because I wasn't expecting that to happen, heck I wasn't expecting anything to happen. Now I've heard stories about near death experiences and out-of-body experiences but thats all they were to me, stories. *throws hands in the air due to confusion* Im sorry but I'm still at a loss at any kind of explanation as to how it happened the way it did. My best theory so far is that my subconcious mind and its ability to basically be aware of the sorrounding area and my concious mind and its need to filter out some information and bring other information to the forefront of our awareness (from what I've read)were no longer seperate but operated as one, but why everything appeared as gold specs of vibrating light....I don't know. The only reason I wished to share this experience with you is to maybe gain some more insight and to see if anyone else has had an experience like that. I don't hear voices and I've never seen little fairies dancing around somewhere (not that I'm judgemental against those who may have) and the only drug I've ever done is marajuana and I tell you with 100% certainty that I was not high. I have plenty of experience with pot to tell you that that was not a pot trip (though the experience itself was pretty far out lol). I welcome any comments regarding my experience and I welcome the stories of others in regards to meditation.

Now since I mentioned me smoking pot I feel it is my responsibility to issue a disclaimer or what not in regards to smoking pot. In no way, shape, or form do I condone or critisise the use of pot, only a warning. It is very, very easy to not want to do anything and sit on your butt all day after smoking pot. I no longer smoke pot not out of hate for the plant but for the simple reason that I things I wish to accomplish in life and those things were not being accomplished during my time with pot.

I also want to say that I am writing this on my phone and this model is very limiting in regards to correcting errors in spelling and grammer and for that I apologize. I thank you for reading my words (holy crap I just looked at the clock and it says 2:22. very far out lol)

May the Love and Light of the Infinite be with you all always.

Brittany

I've always been able to see particles in the air. When I was little I would ask people "what are all those dots?" and no one knew what I was talking about. If everything is made up of vibrating light particles, it makes sense that you might perceive this when entering the deeper layers of consciousness brought on by meditation. I've seen all *kinds* of crazy stuff when I meditate. Once I did it while looking in the mirror and I saw my face melt off! O____O (I wasn't on drugs, btw)
(04-24-2011, 03:25 PM)NeoIcebreaker Wrote: [ -> ]I wish to share with you all an experience that happened to me while meditating a few years back that I think you'll all like. I've never told anyone about it till now because my knowledge on the subject is limited and I have yet to recreate the experience though I dont meditate very often. I was doing research one day on the internet and was drawn to the idea of mantras and the act of sitting and repeating the same words while having the eyes closed. So I sat down and put myself into a full lotus posture (which was uncomfortable by the way lol) and I closed my eyes and pointed them up in the direction of my third eye chakra area and began repeating to myself "God is love, God is light, God is knowledge, God is wisdom" and other things of that nature always beginning with "god is". After a while (I'm not entirely sure how long it must have been but no longer than 15 minutes) I went silent and my entire view opened up in a sphere like manner and I could "see" all around me. Up, down, left,right, forward, and even behind me. I could see the ceiling and the bed behind me, my dresser in front of me as well as the door to my side and my nightstand to my other side. Not only that but everything I saw was mad up of these small golden specs of light that vibrated in place. Even though the entire experience lasted only for a split second, I could "see" no seperation between me and the air or the air to the objects around me but only an endless sea of vibrating gold specs of light. I was so stunned because I wasn't expecting that to happen, heck I wasn't expecting anything to happen. Now I've heard stories about near death experiences and out-of-body experiences but thats all they were to me, stories. *throws hands in the air due to confusion* Im sorry but I'm still at a loss at any kind of explanation as to how it happened the way it did. My best theory so far is that my subconcious mind and its ability to basically be aware of the sorrounding area and my concious mind and its need to filter out some information and bring other information to the forefront of our awareness (from what I've read)were no longer seperate but operated as one, but why everything appeared as gold specs of vibrating light....I don't know. The only reason I wished to share this experience with you is to maybe gain some more insight and to see if anyone else has had an experience like that. I don't hear voices and I've never seen little fairies dancing around somewhere (not that I'm judgemental against those who may have) and the only drug I've ever done is marajuana and I tell you with 100% certainty that I was not high. I have plenty of experience with pot to tell you that that was not a pot trip (though the experience itself was pretty far out lol). I welcome any comments regarding my experience and I welcome the stories of others in regards to meditation.

Now since I mentioned me smoking pot I feel it is my responsibility to issue a disclaimer or what not in regards to smoking pot. In no way, shape, or form do I condone or critisise the use of pot, only a warning. It is very, very easy to not want to do anything and sit on your butt all day after smoking pot. I no longer smoke pot not out of hate for the plant but for the simple reason that I things I wish to accomplish in life and those things were not being accomplished during my time with pot.

I also want to say that I am writing this on my phone and this model is very limiting in regards to correcting errors in spelling and grammer and for that I apologize. I thank you for reading my words (holy crap I just looked at the clock and it says 2:22. very far out lol)

May the Love and Light of the Infinite be with you all always.

Eff, that is so awesome.
You should try it again! I'll do it with you haha.

Unbound

We seek within.
YES! Finally people I can relate to. I've also have seen the little colored dots especially at night. As for trying it agian, I want to but I never have been patient enough to do it again (I think I need a way to discharge energy or something cause I feel like a pent up ball of energy). Even though it only lasted a split second it really shown me definitive proof that there is more out there then meets the five senses. As for looking in the mirror and seeing your face melt that musta been something huh? Wow I dont what I would do if I saw that lol. I really feel inspired to try meditation again now since I now have a place to share my experiences. Which reminds me I need to do a search for meditation experiences.

Meerie

Dear Neo,
there is also a thread about Energy particles here:
http://www.bring4th.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=1925
May be interesting to you. Good luck with your meditation!

Unbound

Lately I have seen a spiral of tiny "orbs" circulating in the center of my vision, attached to my vision itself, it will stay there for awhile and I can clearly make it out as being vortex like. Perhaps the energetic focus of my third eye? I have no idea.
(04-24-2011, 03:25 PM)NeoIcebreaker Wrote: [ -> ]I wish to share with you all an experience that happened to me while meditating a few years back that I think you'll all like. I've never told anyone about it till now because my knowledge on the subject is limited and I have yet to recreate the experience though I dont meditate very often. I was doing research one day on the internet and was drawn to the idea of mantras and the act of sitting and repeating the same words while having the eyes closed. So I sat down and put myself into a full lotus posture (which was uncomfortable by the way lol) and I closed my eyes and pointed them up in the direction of my third eye chakra area and began repeating to myself "God is love, God is light, God is knowledge, God is wisdom" and other things of that nature always beginning with "god is". After a while (I'm not entirely sure how long it must have been but no longer than 15 minutes) I went silent and my entire view opened up in a sphere like manner and I could "see" all around me. Up, down, left,right, forward, and even behind me. I could see the ceiling and the bed behind me, my dresser in front of me as well as the door to my side and my nightstand to my other side. Not only that but everything I saw was mad up of these small golden specs of light that vibrated in place. Even though the entire experience lasted only for a split second, I could "see" no seperation between me and the air or the air to the objects around me but only an endless sea of vibrating gold specs of light. I was so stunned because I wasn't expecting that to happen, heck I wasn't expecting anything to happen. Now I've heard stories about near death experiences and out-of-body experiences but thats all they were to me, stories. *throws hands in the air due to confusion* Im sorry but I'm still at a loss at any kind of explanation as to how it happened the way it did. My best theory so far is that my subconcious mind and its ability to basically be aware of the sorrounding area and my concious mind and its need to filter out some information and bring other information to the forefront of our awareness (from what I've read)were no longer seperate but operated as one, but why everything appeared as gold specs of vibrating light....I don't know. The only reason I wished to share this experience with you is to maybe gain some more insight and to see if anyone else has had an experience like that. I don't hear voices and I've never seen little fairies dancing around somewhere (not that I'm judgemental against those who may have) and the only drug I've ever done is marajuana and I tell you with 100% certainty that I was not high. I have plenty of experience with pot to tell you that that was not a pot trip (though the experience itself was pretty far out lol). I welcome any comments regarding my experience and I welcome the stories of others in regards to meditation.

If you had then focused on the spaces in between those particles (without having any thoughts), you might have been able to cause the "particles" to disappear; and then you would have entered The Void. This happened to me one time, many years ago.
I learned about a weekly, Wednesday night meditation group and attended it every week for a long time. There was almost always a channeled message from Hatonn or another entity. Sometimes the message went on so long that the entity would change instruments and continue.

Anyway, after the session newbies would ask about this thing called meditation and people would describe various sensations including a tingling, seeing colors and so on. So when I "tried" to meditate and didn't get any of those I thought I still wasn't doing it right.

Even though I was supposed to think of nothing, during one "attempt" I decided to go over how I would improve myself. One way was to see others with unconditional love. Suddenly, and I mean that, a white light and some white noise engulfed me. I thought, "this is it!" but my excitement brought me out of whatever state I was in and the sensation went away, never to return.

Future "attempts" were like the first ones, and I went a long time before noticing that I was indeed improving in many areas of my life despite "not being able" to meditate. That took the pressure off and eventually I noticed that I could go into a peaceful state where I didn't have to "work at" thinking of nothing, and it felt wonderful.

From then on, when people ask me how to meditate, I will always say that trying to meditate is meditation.

I think the fireflies vision is a good thing, but don't know what to make of it.
Wonderful and inspiring post, kycahi! Thank you! Heart