Bring4th

Full Version: Amazing heart opening at ashram yesterday
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, I'm posting this because I don't really know who else to tell and I feel like I need to tell someone haha. I also figured that some of the people here may be interested in this.

Over the last few months, I have gotten into yoga. I have always been interested in the spiritual aspects of yoga, and because of this, I started to take yoga classes at a local ashram. This ashram, and a series of ashrams, was founded by a master of kundalini yoga. I am lucky that this particular ashram is where the guru spends a lot of his time. They have community nights on Monday nights, and I decided to go (I had only been to the yoga classes and never to the community night). At these community nights they do chanting, meditation, and satsang (question and answer with the guru). The satsang is where I had my amazing experience.

For the satsang, I ended up sitting on the floor near the edge of the group kind of by the door that leads out of the room. The satsang was very nice, and the guru was very funny, caring, and had many wise things to say. I have done some reading on so called "masters" of various traditions and all of these aspects are mentioned frequently so I was not really surprised by this personality. However, at the end of the satsang, as the guru left the room (the group stays after the guru for some announcements) he walked right by me. I don't mean to suggest he walked by me with some ulterior motive, I was just in the path to the door. Anyway, as he walked by me, I had the most amazing experience of my entire life. The sensation I got as he walked maybe a foot or two away from me was INTENSE. He has a very formidable energy about him. This is an understatement. It was the most inspiring feeling I had ever felt, and also the most intimidating feeling I had ever felt. I felt like an ant...in the best possible way. I felt like I had a small taste of the divine (although it felt immense!). I don't know what happened, but I suppose maybe I was feeling his aura. I have heard that masters have immense and powerful auras about them.

For about two hours after this, my heart was the most open it has ever been in my life. In my earlier years of college I did a fair number of drugs, and the feeling felt very reminiscent of ecstasy...minus the "drug" feeling. I was, as you might expect, overjoyed with this experience. I had finally found that spiritual experience I had been waiting for. I thanked the universe (I was just saying thank you to nothing in particular haha) over and over last night for the experience. I am wondering if the guru did something "special" when he walked right by me for me to feel that. Because, if he didn't do anything special and that is just the energy that is about him all the time...WOW. It boggles my mind all the people who come into contact with this man on a daily basis and experience his profound energy. Needless to say I will be becoming even more involved in this ashram...it was a life changing experience!

3DMonkey

Cool!
Sounds like the guru's channeling of the divine was a catalyst for you to self-heal some blockages.

"The crystallized healer is a channel for intelligent energy which offers an opportunity to an entity that it might heal itself."

"True healing is simply the radiance of the self causing an environment in which a catalyst may occur which initiates the recognition of self, by self, of the self -healing properties of the self."
wonderful brother !!! i am very happy that u have found so
much joy HeartHeart

norral

Brittany

That's awesome! I've experienced a lot of awesome people, but I've never had an experience quite like that.
Wow, sounds like a fascinating, opening experience. Never had that happen myself, but I can just imagine.