Bring4th

Full Version: Attributes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Brittany

Hmmm...this may seem weird, but I figured it was worth a shot.

I've always been fascinated with giving my characters "attributes" - certain signs and symbols I use to represent their personalities. I usually give them a representative color, animal, element and even a theme song, then subtly incorporate them into the story. I just figured it would be cool to see which "attributes" you all identified with, if anyone wants to participate.

Here's my basic lineup:

Color:
Animal:
Element:
Season:
Theme Song:

Anyone could add anything else, if you have a particular plant, constellation or automobile you identify with.

Here's mine:

Color: Orange/Cerulean Blue
Animal: Snake
Element: Fire
Season: Autumn
Theme Song: "There Was a Life" by Trans-Siberian Orchestra/ "The Cave" by Mumford And Sons

I'm not trying to assign anyone labels or anything...I just think it would be fun and interesting to see what other people resonate with.

3DMonkey

orange and blue is a terrific color combo.

frogs are cool. Horses are the most beautiful.

fire and water

Spring. definitely spring

twinkle little star? ... I'm no good with music. Associate that with me..... maybe.... Life Uncommon by Jewel
Love Mumford and Sons... need to buy it

Brittany

I picture you as a green, 3DMonkey. Not saying that's the color of your aura or anything...it's just the color I see when I think about you. Smile

3DMonkey

(I like this idea ahktu. I just imagine everyone in the hospital on a breathing machine. Helps me with my lack of compassion) j/k
(04-27-2011, 09:28 PM)ahktu Wrote: [ -> ]I picture you as a green, 3DMonkey. Not saying that's the color of your aura or anything...it's just the color I see when I think about you. Smile

I'm good with that. You know, when I first communicate with Ankh, I told her I received visions of blue.

Brittany

I see Ankh as blue/indigo.

What color do you see me as?

3DMonkey

Lol. I dunno. White? Hahaha. I don't know Blush
(04-27-2011, 09:28 PM)ahktu Wrote: [ -> ]I picture you as a green, 3DMonkey. Not saying that's the color of your aura or anything...it's just the color I see when I think about you. Smile

It might be fun to guess the attributes of others...then see how close we are to what they think they are.

Unbound

We seek within.
(04-27-2011, 11:25 PM)Azrael Wrote: [ -> ]I suppose my colour would be black,

Black isn't my favorite color, but it's the color I wear the most.

(04-27-2011, 11:25 PM)Azrael Wrote: [ -> ]I am also fond of dragons and cats.

Me too!!

Unbound

I'm not sure if it's my "favorite", I find it so hard to pick favorites, but it is most resonant with my being. I am particularly in connection with the goddess Bast and my mother is a dragon.
(04-28-2011, 12:30 AM)Azrael Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure if it's my "favorite", I find it so hard to pick favorites, but it is most resonant with my being. I am particularly in connection with the goddess Bast and my mother is a dragon.

I too have an affinity for Bast and dragons...and dolphins.

Unbound

Aha I differ on the dolphins, although I respect them and it's notable to me. I see all these traits as different bends in my path, by choosing how far I go to each one I can shape my path.
(04-28-2011, 12:35 AM)Azrael Wrote: [ -> ]Aha I differ on the dolphins, although I respect them and it's notable to me. I see all these traits as different bends in my path, by choosing how far I go to each one I can shape my path.

Swimming them helps to appreciate them, and bond with them.

Have you ever seen a dragon? I have.

Unbound

Aha Depends what you mean by seen... yes? I would say so, but perhaps not in the physical besides the clouds. I bet that would be a fun and interesting experience!
(04-28-2011, 12:44 AM)Azrael Wrote: [ -> ]Aha Depends what you mean by seen... yes? I would say so, but perhaps not in the physical besides the clouds. I bet that would be a fun and interesting experience!

Dragons love hiding behind clouds.
(04-27-2011, 09:30 PM)3DMonkey Wrote: [ -> ]You know, when I first communicate with Ankh, I told her I received visions of blue.

Oh yeah, I remember that! I thought you were little creepy, thinking "who is this guy??" lol!!! =))

Because you see, my favourite colour is bluuue! In all kind of gradations. I love turquoise, I love blueness of the sky och ocean. The colour of the atmosphere is fascinating. I love indigo and violet. Everything that is blue in short. Animal is the bird of course. The element is the air! =)) My favourite season is the spring. I love the time that is right now so much that it hurts sometimes! And the song that takes me up high into the blueness is "The Top of the Morning" by Mike Oldfield:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUPt8yXP3-g
3DM was probably just influenced by your avatar color Tongue

Meerie

(04-28-2011, 12:33 AM)Bring4th_Monica Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-28-2011, 12:30 AM)Azrael Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure if it's my "favorite", I find it so hard to pick favorites, but it is most resonant with my being. I am particularly in connection with the goddess Bast and my mother is a dragon.

I too have an affinity for Bast and dragons...and dolphins.
Is Bast the Egyptian cat goddess ? I resonate strongly with her, too! And for some reason, I love the ravenbirds.
(Anyway I have always suspected I have a witch background Blush)

Unbound

I like Ravens a lot too! Very intelligent birds. Yes, that is the Bast I speak of, one of my spirit guides is cat-like manifestation of Bast I believe.

Meerie

Yes they are very intelligent, indeed! you know, a couple months before I had my awakening, a raven landed on my head, while I was walking down a busy street here in Munich BigSmile
I was shocked, I still feel the clutches of his claws on my head. When I told a friend about it, she said "well maybe it was Huginn or Muninn. Odins messenger ravens whom he sends out across the world."
(04-28-2011, 02:54 AM)Meerie Wrote: [ -> ]Is Bast the Egyptian cat goddess

Yes

(04-28-2011, 02:54 AM)Meerie Wrote: [ -> ]I resonate strongly with her, too! And for some reason, I love the ravenbirds.
(Anyway I have always suspected I have a witch background Blush)

Me too. Druid Priestess in Britain.

Meerie

Someone said he saw me as a Germanic seer and priestess. And someone as a Nordic warrior goddess Tongue
Are we derailing Blush?
Why do you like to wear mostly black, Monica? I am switching from black to dark blue. you know, dark blue is the black for blondes BigSmile
I sometimes wear black when I want to feel protected, for some reason. But some say it is not good for the aura, to wear it all the time.

Unbound

We seek within.

Meerie

Yes you are right! I was extremely light-sensitive after a 3rd eye opening last year and during that time could not stand to wear white at all. It totally weakened me.
I wore black exclusively at that time.
Alchemy is very interesting. Did you have a past-life in Prague, maybe?
I still have this book here "Alchemy" by Johannes Fabricius. A wonderful illustrated book.
(04-28-2011, 03:16 AM)Meerie Wrote: [ -> ]Why do you like to wear mostly black, Monica?

I dunno...I feel strong when I wear black. Or maybe it just makes me look thinner! Tongue

(04-28-2011, 03:16 AM)Meerie Wrote: [ -> ]I am switching from black to dark blue. you know, dark blue is the black for blondes BigSmile

I'm blonde also...though darker than when I was young. More of a golden, brownish blonde now that I'm getting to be a crone.

I wear blue sometimes...but I'm sort of indifferent to it. I prefer purple.

(04-28-2011, 03:16 AM)Meerie Wrote: [ -> ]I sometimes wear black when I want to feel protected, for some reason. But some say it is not good for the aura, to wear it all the time.

Maybe so. I think for me it's protective, so my energy doesn't get sucked dry.

But I wear purple a lot too.

I could see how it might be depressing for some people, if that's all they wear and they don't ever like any other colors.

I love colors, and light. It's only my clothing that's black.

Unbound

That sounds very interesting! Perhaps I was in Prague, difficult to say, I feel a strong connection to Cornelius Agrippa, King Solomon, Pythagoras and the egyptian alchemical mysteries. I feel black is just a comfort thing for me, but I suppose it acts as a sort of superficial protection. I shall have to examine that book.

Brittany

I'm very fond of the color black as well. When you wear it, it goes with everything.

I've always loved dragons- I love serpents of all kinds, and dragons are like the Granddaddy of all serpents. Never seen one with my eyes...only in my mind. Walter saw a Thunderbird once...lucky. :p

Anubis was always my favorite in Egyptian mythology.
White, 3DM? Great...I'm the color of terror. :p

Meerie

(04-28-2011, 06:51 AM)ahktu Wrote: [ -> ]Anubis was always my favorite in Egyptian mythology.

Do you like Keanu Reeves, ahktu?
I think he has that underworld-otherworldly flavor about him. when you juggle his name you get:
Anuves Ree Ke - pronounced differently:
Qui Re Anubis.
Here is King Anubis. (qui re means "here King" in italian)

3DMonkey

(04-28-2011, 02:06 AM)Icaro Wrote: [ -> ]3DM was probably just influenced by your avatar color Tongue

This thought did cross my mind when I first suggested it. It's possible. My actual vision of blue is more vivid though and detailed. But, yeah, it's probably a contributor. Everything is Wink
(04-28-2011, 08:57 AM)3DMonkey Wrote: [ -> ]My actual vision of blue is more vivid though and detailed.

Now you got my attention. =) What was your vision? o_O
Pages: 1 2