Bring4th

Full Version: Vibrational Sound Complexes Cycling
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm wondering what this is about. I subscribe to an advertising co-op for my business. When people respond to an ad, their contact info is put in a pool and divvied up to the subscribers on a rotating basis. Each subscriber gets about 1 lead per day, on average.

Naturally, with about 30 names per month, there are going to be some duplicates of common first names. So I don't think anything of it when I get multiple John's, David's, Lisa's or Linda's.

But, uncommon names are not statistically likely to appear multiple times in such a small sample, within a few days of each other, right? Well, a few months ago I noticed a lead named Bunny. A few days later, I got another lead named Bunnie. Not exactly a common name, right? At first I thought it was a duplicate but no, 1 was male and the other was female.

The next week, I got 2 Marisa's within a few days of each other.The 2 Pat's 2 days apart, and a 3rd Pat about 4 days later.

I thought, this must be part of the algorithm. It's looking at the first name. I asked the company and they assured me that wasn't the case. As a former software engineer, I didn't believe them. I thought, intentional or not, that's gotta be part of the algorithm.

But then, it started happening elsewhere. One of my customers was named Claudia. Less than a week later, I was introduced to someone names Claudia. Not a common name. I don't remember anyone names Claudia since...since...well actually the only Claudia I can think of, was a character in a book I read in 5th grade. And now I meet 2 of them within a week!

Last week, someone called about martial arts classes named Marco. Not Mark, but Marco. Less than a week later, I got another call about classes from a different Marco.

I read a book about edible weeds by an author named Sam. Right after that, I got an email from a local herbalist teaching wild weed foraging classes. Guess what his name is? Sam.

Then there were 2 Megans and 2 Zachs.

If I was reviewing hundreds, or even dozens, of names each day (like a telemarketer for example) then I wouldn't find it strange. But I'm not reviewing a list of dozens of names. I get maybe 3 or 4 calls each day about classes, and 1 lead for my other business. So we're talking about a total of a few dozen names I come across each week.

In a sample of, say, 50 names, to see several sets of duplicates of common names would be reasonable. What seems strange to me is that the duplicates are uncommon names, and they occur within a few days of each other, sometimes within 2 days of each other. And I'm getting more duplicates on uncommon names and very few dupes on the common names. And, I've had businesses for many years, and this has never happened before with such consistency.

Maybe these names are just getting more common. But it sure seems strange, sort of like being in the Twilight Zone whenever it happens.

Any thoughts?
Selective attention tends to create a confirmation bias for seemingly improbable occurrences. May be interesting to figure out why there is selective attention, because there could be hidden purpose in that.

3DMonkey

(05-10-2011, 07:35 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]Selective attention tends to create a confirmation bias for seemingly improbable occurrences. May be interesting to figure out why there is selective attention, because there could be hidden purpose in that.

I think I know what you're talking about, but I'm not sure how it applies to the first post because I wasn't paying attention.

Raman

Whoever is not in the "twilight zone" by now is not getting it.
I agree with the strange. It might be an algorithm, but not in simple software. You may have exposed an opening in our fabric (Twilight Zone music) :exclamation:

But seriously Monica, I dunno.
(05-10-2011, 11:50 PM)Raman Wrote: [ -> ]Whoever is not in the "twilight zone" by now is not getting it.

HA!!! Tongue

I got 2 Rachael's this week - 1 from the lead service and the other a referral, in person. And that's not counting a friend named Rachael that resurfaced in my life.

Unbound

Like attracts like.
(05-11-2011, 01:35 AM)Azrael Wrote: [ -> ]Like attracts like.

That is why I pressed 'LIKE' on your comment Smile

Yeah. But what's strange is that it's been happening so much lately.

Unbound

Are you hitting on me, or am I Confused? Tongue

Is that strange, Monica? Maybe you've only just really noticed it.
(05-11-2011, 02:34 AM)Azrael Wrote: [ -> ]Are you hitting on me, or am I Confused? Tongue

Nope, I am strictly straight by preferred personal orientation. I knew early on from your profile that you are male. So definitely not hitting on you TongueHeart
(05-11-2011, 01:38 AM)Bring4th_Monica Wrote: [ -> ]

Yeah. But what's strange is that it's been happening so much lately.
So are you going to look in to it, or remain incredulous?

Unbound

Well at least I know your gender now. Tongue

I find this occurences of "syncronicity" tend to guide us towards specific parallels. Perhaps attention is being brought to the uniqueness of the times?
(05-11-2011, 08:53 AM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]So are you going to look in to it, or remain incredulous?

I already looked into it as much as I can. I was told the leads were assigned on a rotating basis, so it still seems like getting so many duplicates so close together is statistically highly improbable. Add to that, that it's not just the leads (which could be explained by an algorithm) but phone calls and people I'm meeting as well.

I actually think it's kinda cool to notice anomalies. I think of it as seeing the code in The Matrix,, or seeing the holodeck walls flashing.

Unbound

My friend today just mentioned the same thing regarding words that you've never heard before, and then you'll encounter the same word multiple times throughout a couple days.

I think you're right Monica, our notice of these seeming "anomalies" I think is our higher self proving the truth of our knowledge on a day to day basis. A very intriguing part in the book Seth Speaks is when the scribe's Higher Self actually "blocks" or refocuses his consciousness which causes him to lose vision, forget his own shorthand script and eventually even how to spell properly. I think we are in a constant interactive game with our own reality, it feeds us hints and secrets.
Doesn't necessarily have anything to do with higher-self communication at all. Our brains are practically hard-wired to notice anomalous patterns in experience. We're living in the 'matrix' of our own creation. Noticing strangeness is actually the easy part. The higher-self communication and use of the intuition and will might be useful in uncovering meaning, which can lead to development rather than casual bemusement.

Unbound

I was more instigating that since our higher self is in a sort of "causal" body it can influence our experiences to an extent I'd presume. It's not really about the brain, it's about the very fact of the anomalies.
(05-11-2011, 08:35 PM)Azrael Wrote: [ -> ]I was more instigating that since our higher self is in a sort of "causal" body it can influence our experiences to an extent I'd presume. It's not really about the brain, it's about the very fact of the anomalies.
We're in the 'causal' body now. It can be used in creative visualization or 'journeying' to discover what is behind the anomaly. All the info is there, and I guarantee that if it merely had enough energy to provoke wonder, there is hidden meaning (probably personal).

Unbound

Our experiences still have to be "generated", events must unfold, I am just simply intimidating that the anomalies are personally specific, as you say, and I believe this can sometimes be an interactive message to help guide us.
(05-11-2011, 08:56 PM)Azrael Wrote: [ -> ]Our experiences still have to be "generated", events must unfold, I am just simply intimidating that the anomalies are personally specific, as you say, and I believe this can sometimes be an interactive message to help guide us.
I don't think it can be anything else. That's why I know there is no advice worthwhile other than to say that it can indeed be 'figured out' if examined. Actually it is a 'good' thing to be presented with such compelling catalyst this 'high up' or to use Ra's terminology down in the 'roots of mind'. But this is just the 'shadow' of what's underneath, something could be well worth exploring.

Unbound

'Zactly!

Meerie

(05-11-2011, 06:29 PM)Bring4th_Monica Wrote: [ -> ]I actually think it's kinda cool to notice anomalies. I think of it as seeing the code in The Matrix,, or seeing the holodeck walls flashing.

This is from "the Mythic call" (I think it fits in with the anomalies and codes talk):
"the luminous ones who would journey to Gaias assistance agreed to spark each others remembrance. Thus the starseeded ones were encoded in many ways with sounds, colors, lights, images, words and symbols. A vibrational resonance that would assist them in remembering their commitment to the light. It was agreed that these coded clues would appear everywhere : in visionary art and music, in penetrating looks, in speech and feelings."
Reading this gave me goosebumps, totally. I love when these synchronicities and symbols appear out of the blue, in everyday life. It also sometimes happens when I overhear someone elses conversations. Just glimpses of someone elses talk.
Very interesting.
3 Julia's last week. 2 Angelo's and 1 Angel this week.
(05-17-2011, 04:48 AM)Meerie Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-11-2011, 06:29 PM)Bring4th_Monica Wrote: [ -> ]I actually think it's kinda cool to notice anomalies. I think of it as seeing the code in The Matrix,, or seeing the holodeck walls flashing.

This is from "the Mythic call" (I think it fits in with the anomalies and codes talk):
"the luminous ones who would journey to Gaias assistance agreed to spark each others remembrance. Thus the starseeded ones were encoded in many ways with sounds, colors, lights, images, words and symbols. A vibrational resonance that would assist them in remembering their commitment to the light. It was agreed that these coded clues would appear everywhere : in visionary art and music, in penetrating looks, in speech and feelings."
Reading this gave me goosebumps, totally. I love when these synchronicities and symbols appear out of the blue, in everyday life. It also sometimes happens when I overhear someone elses conversations. Just glimpses of someone elses talk.
Very interesting.
. Meerie, That quote as well resonates with me!! Id like to know where that passage came from! For me its in Music and Numbers!!! Songs pop up and the lyrics tie in perfectly to my situation. Or repeating numbers show up everywhere!! Something about the way that passage is worded makes me feel the same way Smile

Meerie

Dear 111,
it is from that youtube video,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zJzh0w3DlU
Enjoy! there is a thread called the Mythic call, it is on page 2 of Olio right now.
It's still been happening. 2 Eva's last week. This week, 2 Harold's and 2 Evangelina's.

I mean, Harold and Evangelina??? Those aren't exactly common names! I'd never even heard of Evangelina before.

Someone named Harold called about classes, and 2 days later another Harold called about water.

Someone named Evangelina called about classes, then the next day I was flipping thru a gardening book and...one of the illustrations was drawn by an Evangelina. What are the odds?