Bring4th

Full Version: hyper intuition as a 'drug'
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:The broad name for Archetype Four may be the Experience of the Mind. In the tarot you find the name of Emperor. Again this implies nobility and in this case we may see the suggestion that it is only through the catalyst which has been processed by the potentiated consciousness that experience may ensue. Thusly is the conscious mind ennobled by the use of the vast resources of the unconscious mind.

The 'resources of the unconscious mind' are perceived via the faculty of intuition.

Quote:The function of intuition is to inform intelligence. In your illusion the unbridled predominance of intuition will tend to keep an entity from the greater polarizations due to the vagaries of intuitive perception.

These vagaries are rampant on these forums, where we see the inflation of 'signposts'. That is, intution tells you 'from where it comes and where it is going'. And since we resonate with the truth of these perceptions, which are often of a powerful spiritual nature, we often tend to think we have connected to or have accepted something - when, in fact, we have not. We've only made an ephemeral association with some potential. In actuality, it's still very unconscious and disowned until we bother to evaluate, and therefore to integrate, what we are merely apprehending.

Hyper-intuitive people (or the 'intuitives') can abuse the intuition like a 'drug'. They are driven to perpetuate the numinous feeling they experience via intuitive perception, rather than to actually use their will and take a look at the information and accept it as part of the logos or self. There really is no effort made, there is no attempt at discernment, and therefore little virtue in this cycle.

Quote:As you may see, these two types of brain structure need to be balanced in order that the net sum of experiential catalyst will be polarization and illumination, for without the acceptance by the rational mind

The 'rational mind' is refering to the thinking or feeling based rational evaluations.

Quote:...of the worth of the intuitive faculty the creative aspects which aid in illumination will be stifled.

There is no 'polarization' progress when stifled. There is also no teach/learn or learn/teach because experience has not been informed.

Quote:Therefore, we offer the question back to you to state that indeed it is the only activity worth doing: to learn/teach or teach/learn. There is nothing else which is of aid in demonstrating the original thought except your very being, and the distortions that come from the unexplained, inarticulate, or mystery-clad being are many. Thus, to attempt to discern and weave your way through as many group mind/body/spirit distortions as possible among your peoples in the course of your teaching is a very good effort to make.
I can't disagree with any of this. OTOH, I'm still trying to get it.

My first attempt: Intuition is a gift from the unconscious that a person, to fully benefit from it, should lead to action. A person can go through a life mostly alone and minding own business, bouncing from one intuitive "insight" to the next and not accomplish very much, as if being addicted to some substance that prevents useful living. Especially not increase polarity (if having made the Choice) or illuminate self with experiences subsequently to integrate.

To correct this, act on intuition-gained insights for the experiencing and share them in a give/take with other selves. Engage with others in order to make group interactions of learning / teaching.

I will extend this, even though I might not have interpreted the OP well, by saying that we are living in 3D space/time precisely to act (i.e. do stuff and involve others) and not mainly to contemplate. Contemplation is okay, but is a kind of imitation of living in time/space for reflection and integration and where fresh action is not possible.

The unconscious self gained from the last existence(s) in time/space and uses intuition as a way to nudge its entity into actions to move it forward, either for productivity on the chosen path (thus increasing polarity) or for experience(s) to fill in a missing piece of a life puzzle that will move the entity closer to balance.

Finally, really reaching now, the unconscious is not as separated from others as is the conscious. So the action you take from an intuitive gift might benefit another-self and actions taken by others might benefit you, but only if you share experiences with them.

I'm amazed at how much this involves items recently gleaned from other threads. Cool I'm probably not the only person who noticed this.

3DMonkey

I entirely agree.

Ironically, I agree because I am fully guilty of it. Absolutely guilty. Eventually, the discernment of my self catches up to me and I see what I have done. I become thankful for this, try to correct any damage I did along the way by moving forward, and I can't be certain I won't trip again. Another thing, it gives me more compassion for the Other.
(05-14-2011, 04:57 PM)kycahi Wrote: [ -> ]To correct this, act on intuition-gained insights for the experiencing and share them in a give/take with other selves. Engage with others in order to make group interactions of learning / teaching.
As an example, the intuitive insight can be seen to carry a certain 'spiritual' charge (it's the 'creative spark' after all). 'Acting' on intuition (intuited information) may just involve treating it as if it were catalyst. Until then, it's just a signpost or shadow or apprehension (as in to grasp at an idea) - something just on the periphery of awareness. A notion. Like the notion of 'time speeding up', or a 'deja vu', or perhaps 'resonating' with what is intuited to be 'right' from a channeling session, but not knowing why or how. By 'knowing', I don't mean 'understanding', just being able to assign actual meaning and purpose to it, integrate it, add it to your 'weltanschauung' - promote it to some structure or level of comprehension - give it 'light'. And this is not necessarily requiring the masculine method of thinking or analytical study, it could be just arranging it in the proper place in one's valuing system (feeling 'rationality').

You already recognize that the unconscious (Ra's 'deep mind') is shared by others. So your intuitive insight may very well have bearing on other's learning as well. But it first must be processed as catalyst, through some kind of determining mechanism (feeling or thinking / right or left brain) involving the use of the will. I'm not sure how it could be otherwise made available for use or be taken out of potentiation. Why would the great artist painter never paint what they perceive has the potential to be expressed, especially if they really desired to share their ideas of the sublime.

3DMonkey

"why have I intuited this?". Right?

I do ask myself this quite often.

The stuff "on this forum" that I am guilty of is forgetting that I am reserved to a way of thinking that came about by intuition.

(I hear the jokes rolling in already)
(05-14-2011, 06:02 PM)3DMonkey Wrote: [ -> ]"why have I intuited this?". Right?

I do ask myself this quite often.

The stuff "on this forum" that I am guilty of is forgetting that I am reserved to a way of thinking that came about by intuition.

(I hear the jokes rolling in already)

As far as I know, all new information arises from the intuition. So all thinking - from experience - came from the intuition, at some point. The question is, why do we tend to keep things of perceived worth suppressed that way?

3DMonkey

Why do "we"? or Why do I? ... Convenience? Basic instinct? Laziness?

I personally think we achieve the suppression by different means. An Aries nature, mine, is to find something to latch on to and move forward fast and direct with it. I won't hold on to it for too long, only until a short term objective is achieved. Not interested in taking it to it's death, so to speak, once my primal nature is satisfied, I can easily take a retrospective look, and readjust for the next influx of ideas.

A Taurus will have a much different approach, IMO (point, point). They, generally, gather up and collect, and gather up and collect, and look around for more to collect. Once they gather it up, their 1 ton build isn't moving until they decide to move it. Generally, new information that touches the affections and pleasures is what prompts them to discern themselves.

And on and on. Sorry for bringing up astrology. It's my best intuited understanding of archetypes Wink .... It's all good because archetypes are fundamentally user specific Smile
Indeed. Life is a balance; rational and intuitive thinking is the foundation to the meaning of understanding both science and spirituality (rather than viewing them in a mutually exclusive manner). The same applies to those biased towards rational/analytical thinking, as described in the full quote...

Ra Wrote:Ra: I am Ra. The lobes of your physical complex brain are alike in their use of weak electrical energy. The entity ruled by intuition and impulse is equal to the entity governed by rational analysis when polarity is considered. The lobes may both be used for service to self or service-to-others. It may seem that the rational or analytical mind might have more of a possibility of successfully pursuing the negative orientation due to the fact that in our understanding too much order is by its essence negative. However, this same ability to structure abstract concepts and to analyze experiential data may be the key to rapid positive polarization. It may be said that those whose analytical capacities are predominant have somewhat more to work with in polarizing.

The bolded quote is of most import. To repeat:

Ra Wrote:However, this same ability to structure abstract concepts and to analyze experiential data may be the key to rapid positive polarization.

This, to me, is addressing one's ability to use analytical thought to process experienced catalyst. To understand the nature of the circumstances mirrored to the individual. Rather than being mutually exclusive to intuition, is a supporting factor/method in which to understand and use.

Intuition will lead you to the correct circumstances, analysis will help you understand them.

The full quote from the second part of the answer...

Ra Wrote:The function of intuition is to inform intelligence. In your illusion the unbridled predominance of intuition will tend to keep an entity from the greater polarizations due to the vagaries of intuitive perception. As you may see, these two types of brain structure need to be balanced in order that the net sum of experiential catalyst will be polarization and illumination, for without the acceptance by the rational mind of the worth of the intuitive faculty the creative aspects which aid in illumination will be stifled.

I believe the warning is not to become addicted to, or defined by intuitive insights, but rather to fortify them with rational understanding. This empowers the entity with the balanced insight of both intuitive and rational perspectives; understanding both sides fo the coin.

Ram Dass uses the term spiritual materialism, which I think is a wonderfully accurate analogy of those lost in the side of spirituality. In many cases, it's simply a phase; with more thought, meditation and contemplation, some begin to understand the validity and purpose of the physical experience.

To conclude my point, in my understanding, intuition is the guide, the inspiration, the spark that directs you to a particular catalyst/experience, while the rational mind is the tool in which to analyse said catalyst/experience. This is the key to a balanced experience and rapid positive polarisation.

Edit: this is the exact reason why both Ra and Q'uo specifically recommend the contemplation of one's actions (a form of meditation). Q'uo recommends this is done daily. A good time is when you get in to bed at night, spend 10 minutes going over your thoughts/words/deeds of the day; did you fall from grace? Did you choose love or fear? Why? How can one better one's thoughts/deeds/actions tomorrow?
(05-16-2011, 06:23 AM)Namaste Wrote: [ -> ]
Ra Wrote:However, this same ability to structure abstract concepts and to analyze experiential data may be the key to rapid positive polarization.

This, to me, is addressing one's ability to use analytical thought to process experienced catalyst. To understand the nature of the circumstances mirrored to the individual. Rather than being mutually exclusive to intuition, is a supporting factor/method in which to understand and use.
Not just analytical thought, however. 'Rational' necessarily has two complimentary aspects itself: thinking and feeling. Feeling would be the structuring side (where things belong or what they're worth) and the thinking would be the analytical side (how things may work). The intuition is purely perception and what it's pointing at can't become experience, can't be shared, without the use of integrative thinking or feeling.

(05-16-2011, 06:23 AM)Namaste Wrote: [ -> ]this is the exact reason why both Ra and Q'uo specifically recommend the contemplation of one's actions (a form of meditation). Q'uo recommends this is done daily. A good time is when you get in to bed at night, spend 10 minutes going over your thoughts/words/deeds of the day; did you fall from grace? Did you choose love or fear? Why? How can one better one's thoughts/deeds/actions tomorrow?

Quote:42.10 Questioner: How can an individual assess what energy centers within its being are activated and in no immediate need of attention and which energy centers are not activated and are in need of immediate attention?

Ra: I am Ra. The thoughts of an entity, its feelings or emotions, and least of all its behavior are the signposts for the teaching/learning of self by self. In the analysis of one’s experiences of a diurnal cycle an entity may assess what it considers to be inappropriate thoughts, behaviors, feelings, and emotions.

In examining these inappropriate activities of mind, body, and spirit complexes the entity may then place these distortions in the proper vibrational ray and thus see where work is needed.

In addition to the daily work like this, you can also search your mind for long-term biases which may contribute to discomfort (imbalances), bring these to the foreground to relive them as an emotional perception, then accept them.
Agreed. I am of the notion that there are two types of feeling; intuitive and directed. Intuitive is the instant feelings one if gifted, without any thought, in response to specific circumstances; the warmth that floods when a stranger gives you an unexpected big smile, the joy while living in the moment. The 'pang' that one gets when asked a question. They are accompanied by the presence of truth.

Generated feelings are those of which you mention, they arise from a period of directed thought; reviewing a favourite photograph, reflecting upon an old memory (either positive or negative), or being thankful for the positives in your life (a wonderful meditation).

Indeed, healing the past as many call it. Viewing one's self in the past as one would another self in the present moment is a fantastic aid to forgiveness of the self.
Intuition and feeling are often confused as both work together and both are time/space functions. Intuition is perceptual while feeling is evaluational. Feeling is part of the rational mind that draws from experience - or body-mind, whereas intuition is mind-spirit centered. Time/space functions are instantaneous as they are naturally whole-to-part oriented - coming from a periphery of wholeness. Feeling's connection to intuition or the 'deep mind' moves from 'emotional' when body-mind (personality shell) offers a pattern from imbalanced bias to 'spiritual' as the body-mind pattern comes from more balanced bias. So feeling is developmental with balancing or maturity.

Truth is always present, so the 'presence of truth' is likely the reflection of biases against some circumstance brought to awareness. Sometimes these circumstances are rare to experience. If there is a charge, or numinosity, something that seems guiding, resonating, or particularly 'true', that means there's probably catalyst available to worth with.
(05-15-2011, 07:01 AM)3DMonkey Wrote: [ -> ]Generally, new information that touches the affections and pleasures is what prompts them to discern themselves.

That might be true for Taureans generally, but not in my case. I tend to accept new information when it's logical and fits into my foundation, which is (my understanding of) the Law of One.

18 years of computer programming left me with a habit of point-by-point logical thinking. So maybe I'm no longer a typical Taurus.

3DM, do you agree that, by the end of our incarnation, we should be very different from the way we were at birth? In other words, our personalities and characteristics should no longer match our astrological chart, but should be getting closer to the astrological configuration of our next lifetime, because we progressed.

3DMonkey

(05-17-2011, 09:10 PM)Bring4th_Monica Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-15-2011, 07:01 AM)3DMonkey Wrote: [ -> ]Generally, new information that touches the affections and pleasures is what prompts them to discern themselves.

That might be true for Taureans generally, but not in my case. I tend to accept new information when it's logical and fits into my foundation, which is (my understanding of) the Law of One.

18 years of computer programming left me with a habit of point-by-point logical thinking. So maybe I'm no longer a typical Taurus.

3DM, do you agree that, by the end of our incarnation, we should be very different from the way we were at birth? In other words, our personalities and characteristics should no longer match our astrological chart, but should be getting closer to the astrological configuration of our next lifetime, because we progressed.

I recall sitting between my wife and my best friend as they exchanged different opinions. "Your are the same person you were twenty years ago." "Your a completely different person than you were twenty years ago."

I found myself agreeing with both.

I think we learn and progress through our incarnation. I also think that this learning is a direct manipulation of the same tools we were born with.
The lessons are so many.... so different.

My brother is a Taurus, Virgo rising. I wouldn't place him under my general description either. Although, in my own mind, I can make my general description "fit", but thats for my mind. Ya know?
(05-14-2011, 01:56 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:The broad name for Archetype Four may be the Experience of the Mind. In the tarot you find the name of Emperor. Again this implies nobility and in this case we may see the suggestion that it is only through the catalyst which has been processed by the potentiated consciousness that experience may ensue. Thusly is the conscious mind ennobled by the use of the vast resources of the unconscious mind.

The 'resources of the unconscious mind' are perceived via the faculty of intuition.

Quote:The function of intuition is to inform intelligence. In your illusion the unbridled predominance of intuition will tend to keep an entity from the greater polarizations due to the vagaries of intuitive perception.

These vagaries are rampant on these forums, where we see the inflation of 'signposts'. That is, intution tells you 'from where it comes and where it is going'. And since we resonate with the truth of these perceptions, which are often of a powerful spiritual nature, we often tend to think we have connected to or have accepted something - when, in fact, we have not. We've only made an ephemeral association with some potential. In actuality, it's still very unconscious and disowned until we bother to evaluate, and therefore to integrate, what we are merely apprehending.

Hyper-intuitive people (or the 'intuitives') can abuse the intuition like a 'drug'. They are driven to perpetuate the numinous feeling they experience via intuitive perception, rather than to actually use their will and take a look at the information and accept it as part of the logos or self. There really is no effort made, there is no attempt at discernment, and therefore little virtue in this cycle.

Quote:As you may see, these two types of brain structure need to be balanced in order that the net sum of experiential catalyst will be polarization and illumination, for without the acceptance by the rational mind

The 'rational mind' is refering to the thinking or feeling based rational evaluations.

Quote:...of the worth of the intuitive faculty the creative aspects which aid in illumination will be stifled.

There is no 'polarization' progress when stifled. There is also no teach/learn or learn/teach because experience has not been informed.

Quote:Therefore, we offer the question back to you to state that indeed it is the only activity worth doing: to learn/teach or teach/learn. There is nothing else which is of aid in demonstrating the original thought except your very being, and the distortions that come from the unexplained, inarticulate, or mystery-clad being are many. Thus, to attempt to discern and weave your way through as many group mind/body/spirit distortions as possible among your peoples in the course of your teaching is a very good effort to make.

This one acknowledges Intuition as tuition from within. It is a direct connection with the Higher Self - an instinct for true discernment - a sort of flash knowledge. It also implies to judging the character and worth-whileness of men and women, as well as comprehending accurately the actual underlying circumstances and conditions of sudden or unexpected situations which confront all of us at times. Intuition is an instant, unreasoned automatic awareness applying to people, circumstances, conditions and things. It sharpens the perception and deduction. It makes those who have it excellent readers of people, character and motive. Those who have it are incline to idealism, theory and impulsiveness. They are largely people of first impressions, and judge others accordingly, unless there is enough logic present and intelligence to control the tendency to jump to conclusions.

Intuition is a wonderful servant but a very poor master. Ones who lack emotional control are candidates ruled by Intuition. These often become the "scatter-brained" who react or respond to the Intuition without thinking. They may jump from one project or one thought to the next without finishing what they started because they allow the Intuition to control them, rather than guiding the inner messages with wisdom. Those who are emotionally controlled are ones who will often not heed the warnings sent to them by the Intuition, which causes regret.

The pure intuitive or clairvoyant types cause visionary ideas but unless there is enough logic or reason, they are unable to put them into effect. Too much intuition is a liability unless they are ones experienced with the business of life, capable of recognizing the constructive possibilities in the ideas presented to them to build a constructive bridge over the distance from here to there.

A practical method of detecting the degree of Intuition in one, is look to their handwriting script - the more the letters are broken between letters, the more intuition they have. Solidly written words are those of the logical mind. Some logical writers, with a far forward slant, show an emotionally sensitive nature, inclined to "impressionability", or the "picking up" or the sensing of impressions of the past, present or future, which may or may not be accurate when the emotions rule. This characteristic can be confused with Intuition.
Thanks for the posting, Vb. I agree with most of it except for no experience regarding the handwriting analysis. I'll have to start looking for such clues.
(06-05-2011, 12:41 PM)kycahi Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the posting, Vb. I agree with most of it except for no experience regarding the handwriting analysis. I'll have to start looking for such clues.

This one was taught the science of handwriting, through an uncle in the profession, which was beneficial to help this personality develop an understanding of human behavior. It has been most handy is discerning the integrity of other selves, during the process of learning to trust the intuition. Being born without a memory in 3D has its disadvantages! Was sharing a tid-bit of information, although could of been deleted and not missed. Everything is important but nothing really matters!
(05-17-2011, 08:39 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]Intuition and feeling are often confused as both work together and both are time/space functions. Intuition is perceptual while feeling is evaluational. Feeling is part of the rational mind that draws from experience - or body-mind, whereas intuition is mind-spirit centered. Time/space functions are instantaneous as they are naturally whole-to-part oriented - coming from a periphery of wholeness. Feeling's connection to intuition or the 'deep mind' moves from 'emotional' when body-mind (personality shell) offers a pattern from imbalanced bias to 'spiritual' as the body-mind pattern comes from more balanced bias. So feeling is developmental with balancing or maturity.

Truth is always present, so the 'presence of truth' is likely the reflection of biases against some circumstance brought to awareness. Sometimes these circumstances are rare to experience. If there is a charge, or numinosity, something that seems guiding, resonating, or particularly 'true', that means there's probably catalyst available to worth with.

Well put. Joe Dispenza discusses this in the excellent book/video Evolve Your Brain. People often think repetitive negative thoughts, which in turn stimulate the brain into creating specific chemicals via the glands, which in turn effect the body (and thoughts) negatively. They then believe that the feeling is natural, and re-enforce it with further negative thought patterns. A nasty cycle (depression being an example), one hard to break free from without great support and guidance.
(06-06-2011, 12:58 PM)Namaste Wrote: [ -> ]People often think repetitive negative thoughts, which in turn stimulate the brain into creating specific chemicals via the glands
Yes, stimulate and/or suppress.

(06-06-2011, 12:58 PM)Namaste Wrote: [ -> ], which in turn effect the body (and thoughts) negatively.
It's often due to too much ignored catalyst, but there are also physiological causes. I'd like to think that these psychological difficulties are unique learning opportunities. You might not have been able to see the 'world' or 'self' in quite the same way without the specific 'negative' bias that the condition induces, and therefore not been able to learn something particularly appropriate about the 'logos'.

(06-06-2011, 12:58 PM)Namaste Wrote: [ -> ]They then believe that the feeling is natural
Yes. All ignored catalyst is believed to be 'natural'. As we know in 3D, the ego automatically habituates (and then desensitizes or filters-out) to common patterns being indicated by any of our 5 senses, plus feeling/emotional impressions.
(05-14-2011, 05:51 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]And this is not necessarily requiring the masculine method of thinking or analytical study, it could be just arranging it in the proper place in one's valuing system (feeling 'rationality').

Valuation is neither linear, biaxial, nor triaxial. It is multidimensional.

Beyond intellect and intuition, we have instinct. We have insight. Inspiration. And others.

The dichotomy of analytic/synthetic modes of thought is a false one, and I do not think fully representative of Ra's presentation.

94.12 Wrote:Questioner: It seems to me that the Experience of the Mind would act in such a way as to change the nature of the veil so that catalyst would be filtered so as to be acceptable in the bias that is increasingly chosen by the entity. For instance, if he had chosen the right-hand path the Experience of the Mind would change the permeability of the veil to accept more and more positive catalyst. Also the other would be true for accepting more negative catalyst if the left-hand path were the one that was chosen. Is this correct?

Ra: I am Ra. This is not only correct but there is a further ramification. As the entity increases in experience it shall, more and more, choose positive interpretations of catalyst if it is upon the service-to-others path and negative interpretations of catalyst if its experience has been of the service-to-self path.

In order to more and more choose positive interpretations of catalyst, then one must increasingly apply a value system which confers value to catalyst by virtue of existence, i.e. "It is catalyst, therefore it must be positive". Such an apprehension requires no analytical input from the intellect.

94.15 Wrote:Questioner: In the fourth archetype the card shows a male whose body faces forward. I assume that this indicates that the Experience of the Mind will reach for catalyst. However, the face is to the left which indicates to me that in reaching for catalyst, negative catalyst will be more apparent in its power and effect. Would Ra comment on this?

Ra: I am Ra. The archetype of Experience of the Mind reaches not, O student, but, with firm authority, grasps what it is given. The remainder of your remarks are perceptive.

The Experience of the Mind grasps what is given to it, by the medium of intuition or any other faculty of mind. "Failure to accept that which is given" equates to a failure to polarize.

Some of the representations of this would be dismissing new and/or unusual ideas "out of hand", refusing to acknowledge facts which run contrary to one's worldview, or ad hominem attacks upon those who think differently from the accepted "norm".

It is not the proper function of the intellect to decide what is "acceptable". Rather, it is the function of the intellect to choose how to accept that which is given. If the intellect should find that it lacks the information necessary to accept that which is given, then the proper response would be to seek for that information, rather than to claim that it must not exist.