Bring4th

Full Version: Metonic Cycle, 19
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

3DMonkey

I take it for granted. I thought I'd bring it up in case any would find it new or interesting.

Familiar with the Metonic Cycle? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metonic_cycle

My definition: Every 19 years the moon cycle (new, full, quarter) matches up to within a half degree orb. For example

May 17, 2011 Full Moon at 26SCO13 (26º 13' Scorpio)
May 16, 1992 Full Moon at 26SCO01
May 16, 1973 Full Moon at 26SCO09

I recalled this as I was deciding on Q'uo material to read. Why not pick something that may be cyclical and pertain to today's energy? I consistently notice that the daily vibe of bring4th has a consistency across topics. I think what I found is closely consistent as well. Although, it isn't exact, because Q'uo readings will all relate to anything we discuss on bring4th. But looking at the desires of the questioners at the time and the questions we are compelled to today, I can see some relation.

(*cognitive dissonance. Narf!*)

I've always thought the Metonic thing was interesting anyway. I'm pretty sure the Vatican uses it to determine the date of Easter. This amuses me, because some strict Christians have disdain for anything that sounds like "Sun worship." If they only knew....
I was not aware of this cycle 3D, thanks for sharing. That's an interesting use, too, using it to find a Q'uo session which matches the days energy. No doubt I'll use it for this very reason BigSmile

(05-18-2011, 07:19 AM)3DMonkey Wrote: [ -> ]This amuses me, because some strict Christians have disdain for anything that sounds like "Sun worship." If they only knew....

If they only knew where ALL of their holidays originated from!

3DMonkey

June 14, 1992

Q'uo:

".....Thusly, when negative greeting is known or suspected the positively oriented person of power sits down and prepares itself to reckon with its own universal nature. It is fully capable and fully supplied with negativity. The perceived negativity from the outside in is successful when the positively oriented intended victim knows not that it is being greeted by its very self. If a ravening beast comes at one’s body, one attempts to slay that beast to save the self. If a metaphysical ravening beast attacks one in the manner of magical arts, one reckons with this attack by visualizing this creature, welcoming it into the self, and accepting fully that this horrible monster is a part of the self.

When one chooses a path one has the full spectrum from which to choose precisely because one contains all that there is. The first defense, therefore, is to visualize this negative power and fearlessly to invite it to take up a loving absorption within the very heart, for positive power is power balanced by knowledge of the self. The decision not to attempt power over another is made when the entity grasps that there is no need to have power over others, for all of creation expresses its power in the self. All magical work, therefore, is done upon the self. There is no need to manipulate, teach, control, move or advise other entities. The need is only to do these things within the self, disciplining the self to a more and more balanced and clear acceptance of the universal nature of selfhood, and therefore choosing lucidly and clearly to serve others, to withhold judgment of or control over others, and to practice loving the self, accepting the self and allowing the errors perceived within the self to be self-forgiven....."

http://www.llresearch.org/transcripts/is..._0614.aspx

Meerie

What has the negative greeting to do with the metonic cycle ? Huh
Or do you want to suggest the negative greetings are also cyclical in nature?

3DMonkey

The questions of Q'uo were 19 years ago.

Plus, a message of love from Q'uo is a good thing... no?

Meerie

Ah okay I hadn't looked at the date there.
Speaking of dates, you know what we are up to tonight?
http://www.space.com/11906-turning-moon-blood-red.html
the blood red moon... ahhhh!!!! HOWL!!!
dr meg says the freqs are lower now and that's cuz of grounding energies. are there any q'uo channelings from 19 years ago that address lower freqs? Tongue

3DMonkey

What is a lower frequency?
an aspect of you. Tongue

3DMonkey

*gasp*

Meerie

who is Dr. Meg? The aspect with the grounding energies and lower frequencies right now makes sense to me. No wonder I feel so low Tongue
Dr. Meg is this chicka who used to be on world puja and then she wrote some book about kids and she channels her ascended masters. she's really nice imo.