Bring4th

Full Version: When You Feel You can No Longer Carry On
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What do you do when you get to the point when you feel like it is useless to carry on?
When I've run into times like that, I've reminded myself that I'm at the point where I am because of some deeper spiritual reason that's unknown to me right now. It's because I need to learn something important or change the way that I'm reacting to something.

Then, I try as hard as I can to look at this challenging situation as a gift. It's only after the toughest and most uncomfortable moments that you'll be rewarded with the most beautiful inner transformations...

And always remember that you can change the way everything is perceived in an instant with a single thought. Smile And if you're really feeling torn down, stepped on, lost, and alone, it never hurts to send out a call for help. Ask to feel unconditional love just for a moment or for a glimmer of hope...

Can you share details of why you're in such a tough place, alanea?

Unbound

I remember that there is no stopping, the universe is no place for the lazy.
(05-28-2011, 05:48 PM)Azrael Wrote: [ -> ]I remember that there is no stopping, the universe is no place for the lazy.

Right, every particle is always in motion! You'll never get stuck forever in an uncomfortable or painful place...

Unbound

Indeed, consciousness does not go out, it only changes. Just as energy, indeed I'd say energy and consciousness are synonymous. Think about it, even these computers need electricity (nervous system, anyone?) to "wake up" and "turn on". Oops, perhaps I'm saying too much.

3DMonkey

(05-28-2011, 04:51 PM)alanea Wrote: [ -> ]What do you do when you get to the point when you feel like it is useless to carry on?

I ride it out. A new wave always comes.

Brittany

You keep going anyway. At least, that's what I've always done. I'm perpetually suicidal, but the realization of what would happen if I ended it all keeps me from carrying out the action. I'd end up right back here, doing it all again, until I got the message. I'd rather scrape my way through the first time, even if it does feel like walking on razor blades.

(Meh...don't mind me. I'm being depressing. XP )
Charity gets rid of depression. Go volunteer at an animal shelter or something like that. (I would rather help animals than people for some reasonTongue)

The effect you have on others will have an effect on you.
Thanks Everybody,
I agree Pickle, Charity does help.
Ahktu, I didn't find you depressing, it is nice to know I am not alone in my feelings.
3DMonkey"A new wave always comes." thank you
Aaron,"there is some deeper spiritual reason." thank you
Azrael,"It only changes."
(05-28-2011, 06:35 PM)ahktu Wrote: [ -> ]You keep going anyway. At least, that's what I've always done. I'm perpetually suicidal, but the realization of what would happen if I ended it all keeps me from carrying out the action. I'd end up right back here, doing it all again, until I got the message. I'd rather scrape my way through the first time, even if it does feel like walking on razor blades.

(Meh...don't mind me. I'm being depressing. XP )

No, you are most definitely not! And we will mind you. Because it is a beautiful spiritual catalyst for many of us, or at least me (speaking strictly for myself, that is) Smile
(05-28-2011, 04:51 PM)alanea Wrote: [ -> ]What do you do when you get to the point when you feel like it is useless to carry on?

I don't know. I am at the same place myself. Sad

I have personally observed that all talk of love & light usually evaporates when lived reality cuts at the treacherous edge of dark despair, hopelessness and pain. At least that is what I have observed in my personal life. I am not an adept or great devotee. All that I want is a decent form of dignified existence and sometimes, even that is denied. And the ONE wants me to focus on it meanwhile!!

What can we/I do? I don't know, alanea. I am with you in your despair in complete empathy.
Plus you would miss out on all the wonderfall changes that we are going to see in the next few years... Never give up I know it seems tough but it will get better.. This world gets me down sometimes to so much corruption and saddness.. So many people lost, complaining about mundane things, wasting thier time on pointless activities, so many who are not awoken to the truth of life itself.. Remember that soceity it almost set up to keep people down these days.. But you can bring light to the darkness im sure thats why you are here.. Dont worrry I have felt this way before with everyone seemingly living in a dream world and it seems like a burden in a way to know so much more than them... But do not ever feel down for you are the creator and the creator is all there is, you are whole and perfect, for you are everything and everyone. You are one. Love and light.

This might cheer you up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P779XJEq6...re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HAN57I-lnE
i love animals and have been thinking about helping them in a shelter, would give some perspective to do that, if you can handle it.

if you're feeling suicidal, which i do every day, i just think about how it would suck to be a ghost. wandering the earth haunting the ones you hurt. sucky. so i try to tuff it out. if you feel really bad say a prayer, to your guardians or something, to find some light or feel better, i did this once when i was feeling really low, recently, and lo and behold some wonderful energies were sent to me.

listening to solfeggio on youtube helps a lot.

eating healthy stuff helps keep a good mental health too. loving yourself and taking care of yourself. and focusing on good things. what brings you joy? sorry this is all quite general stuff but it's a good foundation.
(05-28-2011, 11:33 PM)Oceania Wrote: [ -> ]...feeling suicidal, which i do every day...

Sad Heart
it's not that bad, just a general wanting to get out of body frustration. it's hard to be in 3d you understand.
(05-29-2011, 01:49 AM)Oceania Wrote: [ -> ]...just a general wanting to get out of body frustration. it's hard to be in 3d you understand.

You bet :-/ The same here and suppose among many others, I suppose.
i guess we remember a different way of being.
Yes, a more peaceful and centered way of being, wherein the balance is good. Our earth is swinging from extreme to extreme. Euphoria to depression, hope to despair, etc. Even otherwise, as a spirit, being resident in a gross physical frame is akin to crucifixion. I guess it was referred to as such in many mystical texts.
huh, you put it perfectly. Smile