Bring4th

Full Version: Parallel Selves
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am curious on how does one look to parallel sides of yourself. How are you able to speak and go to that other self of you?

Love,
Steve

Unbound

There are meditative techniques, such as inducing trance, which allow your consciousness to shift. I presume you mean in a manner similar to the way Jane Roberts "channels" Seth?
what does consciousness 'shiting' mean ?

Unbound

Exactly what the word denotes, a movement. In this case your conscious focus being that which is shifting away from your "forward", physical focus.

Others seem to use a sort of astral travel/lucid dreaming to achieve a state where they may inquire with their other selves, masters, guides, etc
I have found herbal teas that help with lucid dreaming...do you think it could help one to shift their conscious to their parallel self?
(07-02-2011, 06:56 PM)Spiritbrother Wrote: [ -> ]I have found herbal teas that help with lucid dreaming...do you think it could help one to shift their conscious to their parallel self?

SpiritBro, what teas have you found that help? I have often wanted to get into Lucid dreaming. Read my fair share of Stephen DeBerge (sp?) books, and the like, but can never seem to get myself aware of myself dreaming.

On the bright side, I've had one lucid dream 20 years ago, so I know I can do it!

Any help you have would be great. Maybe we can chat though PM or start a lucid dreaming thread. If there's an existing LD thread, perhaps we can jump to that, too.

EDIT:

There's a thread devoted to Lucid Dreaming... Can we pick it up there? Perhaps you can respond with your tea suggestions there. Thanks!

http://www.bring4th.org/forums/showthrea...d+dream%22

Thanks!
Steve
yeah... defiantly...I found this website but I havent tried them yet...I cant wait to but people have said it helps...I am sure it all depends on the person but I am very interested in speaking with my other selves and bringing them together...
Here is the website....
http://www.shamansgarden.com/c-25-dreami...ducts=true
I could write a book about my probable selves.
This is off topic a bit but was brought up...lucid dreaming.

I found a couple things that seemed to help me. One was, napping during the day. I dont have time to do it much but I would look forward to knowing I could take a cat nap during the day because I had great success with being aware in a dream or dreams being very vivid, other worldly. The other was discovered with my love for the snooze button in the mornings. I would notice that if I went to bed late and had to set the alarm...when I would hit the snooze button and fall back asleep, I would rush right into a vivid dream. Not always aware I was dreaming, but both the naps and the awaking in the morning and going back to sleep (if I was lacking sleep) seemed to bring a huge difference to my dreaming experience.

It was so awesome that I still to this day, set my alarm for a hour early then when I need to get up and I will hit the snooze button every 10 mins. I notice on days when I go to bed early and I have gotten plenty of sleep that it doesn't really work because I cant just doze back off.

If you think about it, if I am falling asleep in between each snooze alarm, Im probably only getting to sleep for like 4-5 mins in between each alarm. That doesnt seem to matter much though and I have continued dreams this way too (returned to the same dream).

If I ever get the chance to nap, I do it in a kinda sitting up position. Its not really comfortable and of course napping is much easier if you have not had a full nights rest, but the sitting up seems to keep me more alert, more on the edge of being aware.

Just some thoughts
Lynette
naps are great for experimentation. i went out of body once during a nap totally accidentally.
there's a great astral projection site online btw. i forget what it's called. :/
(07-02-2011, 10:53 PM)Eddie Wrote: [ -> ]I could write a book about my probable selves.

That book would never end then! Cool
(07-02-2011, 09:28 PM)Spiritbrother Wrote: [ -> ]yeah... defiantly...I found this website but I havent tried them yet...I cant wait to but people have said it helps...I am sure it all depends on the person but I am very interested in speaking with my other selves and bringing them together...
Here is the website....
http://www.shamansgarden.com/c-25-dreami...ducts=true

Cool! I'll check it out. I was thinking this morning about the teas, and was wondering... Lucid dreaming is all about becoming conscious in your sleep. I am not sure how tea would help my mind to "snap" out of a dream, unless the tea is really a symbol that I am using to reinforce a magical idea.

Interesting, nonetheless!
Steve
I believe the tea helps you relax your mind and body to focus going into the mind.... consciously going into the mind....when I was meditating awhile back I relaxed my body so much I could focus just my mind staring into the blankness and this white light came rushing towards me...I think maybe thats what you go through before you go into your dreams or parallel self....
Wow, that would be really cool to get to that point. As I've mentioned, I've read a lot of books on Lucid Dreaming, and most of them seem to be based towards conditioning the mind to always ask, "Am I dreaming?"

But for there to be a substance that can assist with relaxing and perhaps changing one's vibrations to match that of leaving the body through meditation or sleep would be very cool!

I'll definitely be looking into it, although I went to the site and see many different herbs for the same purposes. I would be interested in finding out which ones are most effective.

(07-03-2011, 02:10 PM)Spiritbrother Wrote: [ -> ]I believe the tea helps you relax your mind and body to focus going into the mind.... consciously going into the mind....when I was meditating awhile back I relaxed my body so much I could focus just my mind staring into the blankness and this white light came rushing towards me...I think maybe thats what you go through before you go into your dreams or parallel self....
(07-02-2011, 04:37 PM)Azrael Wrote: [ -> ]Exactly what the word denotes, a movement. In this case your conscious focus being that which is shifting away from your "forward", physical focus.

that is rather an ambiguous and fancy word for the entity leaving the body, it seems.
it feels stupid to ask am i dreaming when i know i'm not. but i'm sure it works. Chakotay uses the earth moon to know if he's dreaming and he taps on the back of his hand to wake up.
I dunno i usually have lucid dreaming and astral travel automatically when i sleep, especially since january 2011.
I think that from all of this, i learned 5 things.

1- BE responsible to what you think and feel and do. You are creating your reality right now and there are always new probabilities showing up.
2-Don't be afraid of feeling afraid some times, acknowledge it as part of the becoming processes that is you.
3- Accept yourself even more when you are supposedly showing negative traits, you are not done, you are an open book, do not judge your emotions.
4- There is always a new moment, a new light and a new love.
5- I have a selfish nature, but that is not exactly wrong, i can use it on my favor and towards harmony instead of grief/pain/hatred etc.

Also I do not know, I never know, and that is ok right now.
Will i ever truly know something ? I don't know.
(07-03-2011, 11:02 PM)Oceania Wrote: [ -> ]it feels stupid to ask am i dreaming when i know i'm not. but i'm sure it works. Chakotay uses the earth moon to know if he's dreaming and he taps on the back of his hand to wake up.

Yeah, it does seem a little crazy to keep asking yourself that when you know your awake. The exact reason behind this concept is that we dream about evens that happen in our daily lives. So if we condition the mind to constantly ask, "Am I dreaming or am I awake?", then soon enough our dream experiences should theoretically include the now-common action of questioning whether we are awake or not.
yea but it's a drag doing it. Tongue i've tried the moon trick, but it's hard on earth because the earth moon is out there. on Voyager the moon obviously wouldn't be confusable so i think i should imagine seeing a planet or moon i wouldn't see out of my window every night. even pondering what planet i want to use helps me.
in Waking Life the guy flips switches and tries to read/see numbers on clocks to determine it, and as we all know in dreams things change rapidly. so if you stare at text it starts to change. although, lately in my dreams i have had stable images so it's harder to tell lol. but there are many tricks to do this, it's fun to think of ways.

Raman

(07-02-2011, 03:55 PM)Spiritbrother Wrote: [ -> ]I am curious on how does one look to parallel sides of yourself. How are you able to speak and go to that other self of you?

Love,
Steve

All this is done through Indigo ray, however it is potentially very dangerous without the cooperation of Higher Self.

No only that, I do not see the need for Wanderers to have parallel selves since it seems they choose the "main world" or timeline. Parallel selves seems to be a phenomena of 3D.

Also 2d but in a different way since not aware of selves.
i want parallel selves if they do things better than i do! why would wanderers skip that? why is something a mainworld if there are parallel timelines?

Raman

Those questions are very easy...

The difficult thing are the answers... 8P