Bring4th

Full Version: Control and Acceptance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This exchange has been central in helping me understand the paths of acceptance versus control. Discipline is sometimes misunderstood as control, and I've found it a common theme among a lot of New Age material to try to "control" your vibration so you only "attract" good things to you. I've found the path of exploration, acceptance, and balance much more fulfilling than that of retreat to positive feelings.

Quote:46.6 Questioner: I am not sure that I understand that. Let’s take some examples: an entity polarizing toward the negative path becomes angry. Let’s take the condition where he develops a cancer. What is the principle that is at work for him?
Ra: I am Ra. We see the thrust of your query and will respond at variance with the specific query if that meets with your approval.

46.7 Questioner: Certainly.
Ra: The entity polarizing positively perceives the anger. This entity, if using this catalyst mentally, blesses and loves this anger in itself. It then intensifies this anger consciously in mind alone until the folly of this red-ray energy is perceived not as folly in itself but as energy subject to spiritual entropy due to the randomness of energy being used.

Positive orientation then provides the will and faith to continue this mentally intense experience of letting the anger be understood, accepted, and integrated with the mind/body/spirit complex. The other-self which is the object of anger is thus transformed into an object of acceptance, understanding, and accommodation, all being reintegrated using the great energy which anger began.

The negatively oriented mind/body/spirit complex will use this anger in a similarly conscious fashion, refusing to accept the undirected or random energy of anger and instead, through will and faith, funneling this energy into a practical means of venting the negative aspect of this emotion so as to obtain control over other-self, or otherwise control the situation causing anger.

Control is the key to negatively polarized use of catalyst. Acceptance is the key to positively polarized use of catalyst. Between these polarities lies the potential for this random and undirected energy creating a bodily complex analog of what you call the cancerous growth of tissue.

46.8 Questioner: Then as I understand it you are saying that if the positively polarizing entity fails to accept the other-self or if the negatively polarizing entity fails to control the other-self, either of these conditions will cause cancer, possibly. Is this correct?
Ra: I am Ra. This is partially correct. The first acceptance, or control depending upon polarity, is of the self. Anger is one of many things to be accepted and loved as a part of self or controlled as a part of self, if the entity is to do work.

46.9 Questioner: Then are you saying that if a negatively polarizing entity is unable to control his own anger or unable to control himself in anger that he may cause cancer? Is this correct?
Ra: I am Ra. This is quite correct. The negative polarization contains a great requirement for control and repression.

46.10 Questioner: A repression of what?
Ra: I am Ra. Any mind complex distortion which you may call emotional which is of itself disorganized, needs, in order to be useful to the negatively oriented entity, to be repressed and then brought to the surface in an organized use. Thus you may find for instance, negatively polarized entities controlling and repressing such basic bodily complex needs as the sexual desire in order that in the practice thereof the will may be used to enforce itself upon the other-self with greater efficiency when the sexual behavior is allowed.

46.11 Questioner: Then the positively oriented entity, rather than attempting repression of emotion, would balance the emotion as stated in an earlier contact. Is this correct?
Ra: I am Ra. This is correct and illustrates the path of unity.

And the role of allowing one self to experience rather than suppress in the pursuit of balance:

Quote:42.1 Questioner: I am going to make a statement and ask you to comment on its degree of accuracy. I am assuming that the balanced entity would not be swayed either towards positive or negative emotions by any situation which he might confront. By remaining unemotional in any situation, the balanced entity may clearly discern the appropriate and necessary responses in harmony with the Law of One for each situation. Is this correct?
Ra: I am Ra. This is an incorrect application of the balancing which we have discussed. The exercise of first experiencing feelings and then consciously discovering their antitheses within the being has as its objective not the smooth flow of feelings both positive and negative while remaining unswayed but rather the objective of becoming unswayed. This is a simpler result and takes much practice, shall we say.

The catalyst of experience works in order for the learn/teachings of this density to occur. However, if there is seen in the being a response, even if it is simply observed, the entity is still using the catalyst for learn/teaching. The end result is that the catalyst is no longer needed. Thus this density is no longer needed. This is not indifference or objectivity but a finely tuned compassion and love which sees all things as love. This seeing elicits no response due to catalytic reactions. Thus the entity is now able to become co-Creator of experiential occurrences. This is the truer balance.

42.8 Questioner: What is the difference in terms of energy center activation between a person who represses emotional responses to emotionally charged situations and the person who is balanced and, therefore, truly unswayed by emotionally charged situations?
Ra: I am Ra. This query contains an incorrect assumption. To the truly balanced entity no situation would be emotionally charged. With this understood, we may say the following: The repression of emotions depolarizes the entity in so far as it then chooses not to use the catalytic action of the space/time present in a spontaneous manner, thus dimming the energy centers. There is, however, some polarization towards positive if the cause of this repression is consideration for other-selves. The entity which has worked long enough with the catalyst to be able to feel the catalyst but not find it necessary to express reactions is not yet balanced but suffers no depolarization due to the transparency of its experiential continuum. Thus the gradual increase in the ability to observe one’s reaction and to know the self will bring the self ever closer to a true balance. Patience is requested and suggested, for the catalyst is intense upon your plane and its use must be appreciated over a period of consistent learn/teaching.

42.9 Questioner: How can a person know when he is unswayed by an emotionally charged situation or if he is repressing the flow of emotions, or if he is in balance and truly unswayed?
Ra: I am Ra. We have spoken to this point. Therefore, we shall briefly iterate that to the balanced entity no situation has an emotional charge but is simply a situation like any other in which the entity may or may not observe an opportunity to be of service. The closer an entity comes to this attitude the closer an entity is to balance. You may note that it is not our recommendation that reactions to catalyst be repressed or suppressed unless such reactions would be a stumbling block not consonant with the Law of One to an other-self. It is far, far better to allow the experience to express itself in order that the entity may then make fuller use of this catalyst.

I just thought I'd share some of the material which I have gotten the most use out of in going about my daily life.

3DMonkey

Thank you, Austin.

I can honestly say that the following exercise does work. I tried it for the first time last year. Something stirred anger in me. I followed the advice to intensify the anger in mind, and I did it for quite some time, UNTIL, finally, acceptance was literally achieved. The coolest thing happened with that experience for me. The very moment, I mean within five minutes, that I truly achieved the acceptance, I was contacted by the person with which I felt the anger- he contacted me with love and apology.

Quote:"Ra: The entity polarizing positively perceives the anger. This entity, if using this catalyst mentally, blesses and loves this anger in itself. It then intensifies this anger consciously in mind alone until the folly of this red-ray energy is perceived not as folly in itself but as energy subject to spiritual entropy due to the randomness of energy being used.

Positive orientation then provides the will and faith to continue this mentally intense experience of letting the anger be understood, accepted, and integrated with the mind/body/spirit complex. The other-self which is the object of anger is thus transformed into an object of acceptance, understanding, and accommodation, all being reintegrated using the great energy which anger began."

Meerie

Wow.... cool. Did you do it all in your mind only? I am asking because when I am really angry I will often swear or express it.
I don't know how to get away from the person that caused the anger and to the plain emotion itself.
That's how healing works. in the mind 'only'. We share 'mind'. Anger itself is a failed projection - a rejected aspect of ourselves coming back for attention from the unconscious.

3DMonkey

(07-05-2011, 07:38 AM)Meerie Wrote: [ -> ]Wow.... cool. Did you do it all in your mind only? I am asking because when I am really angry I will often swear or express it.
I don't know how to get away from the person that caused the anger and to the plain emotion itself.

I'm no expert. What I 'get' from this exercise is that verbal expressions is "funneling this energy into a practical means of venting the negative aspect of this emotion ". To me, that goes along with, my favorite, breaking stuff or punching a wall, etc.

So, yes, I purposely used it all in my mind. This is not suppression. Suppression is to push it down mentally and forget about it. NO! The idea is to "intensify" mentally. I went over it and over it and over it. And when I wanted to be done with it and move on with my thoughts, I dug deep and went over it again, and again. I promise you, it worked for me, there was an actual point when the energy changed, transformed, and my perspective was uncanny acceptance for all that I was angry about. I was able to completely see the other as self at that point. .... Low and behold, the universal energy answered back for me (probably some time/space positive 4Ds involved Wink)

Meerie

So did you mentally refrain from thinking angry thoughts at the person who caused the anger, and instead chose to focus on the raw emotion only?

3DMonkey

I explored all the angry thoughts BigSmile
I replayed the scenario that was the source, and all the thoughts would come. You know.
"Intense" ;-)

Meerie

Plutonic ;-)
I think I have never had the endurance to play it thru til the emotion transforms so far.
Next time I will take the time and see what happens (if I don't forget, that is RollEyes )

3DMonkey

Smile

FYI, I'm not always "on top of it", but when I try, it seems to be achieved faster since I've actually had that first experience.

I reiterate, IMO, you can't give up, you must continue UNTIL. If time lapses and your thoughts move on, THIS is when repression or suppression can occur and, as it says, the energy WILL manifest somehow, i.e. Cancer.

Meerie

I see your point, but what if it happens at work for example, someone really makes me totally angry. I don't really have the opportunity there to ponder for the next say 50 mins or so, until the emotion may transform. I have to continue what my job requires me to do.

3DMonkey

Multitasking

I don't know.

Meerie

Preserve it until later when I have time? :exclamation:
Meerie, maybe this passage can help.

Quote:42.10 Questioner: How can an individual assess what energy centers within its being are activated and in no immediate need of attention and which energy centers are not activated and are in need of immediate attention?
Ra: I am Ra. The thoughts of an entity, its feelings or emotions, and least of all its behavior are the signposts for the teaching/learning of self by self. In the analysis of one’s experiences of a diurnal cycle an entity may assess what it considers to be inappropriate thoughts, behaviors, feelings, and emotions.

In examining these inappropriate activities of mind, body, and spirit complexes the entity may then place these distortions in the proper vibrational ray and thus see where work is needed.

and also

Quote:42.9...You may note that it is not our recommendation that reactions to catalyst be repressed or suppressed unless such reactions would be a stumbling block not consonant with the Law of One to an other-self. It is far, far better to allow the experience to express itself in order that the entity may then make fuller use of this catalyst.

I think "preserving it until a later time" is a good idea...just don't suppress it and ignore it. In the moment, take a few moments to let the emotional anger flow without acting upon it. Perhaps imagine punching that person in the nose or something :p. Then just move about your day, don't let the anger effect everything all day. Then when night-time comes and you have some time for self-exploration, relive the situation in your mind, and continue with the balancing exercise.

Chances are, you'll be presented with the same catalyst again to help you gauge the effectiveness of your balance. If you find your reaction to the same situation hasn't changed, keep on balancing. If you find that you no longer anger at the same situation, balancing accomplished, you can now serve others much more easily Smile
(07-05-2011, 07:35 AM)3DMonkey Wrote: [ -> ]I can honestly say that the following exercise does work. I tried it for the first time last year. Something stirred anger in me. I followed the advice to intensify the anger in mind, and I did it for quite some time, UNTIL, finally, acceptance was literally achieved. The coolest thing happened with that experience for me. The very moment, I mean within five minutes, that I truly achieved the acceptance, I was contacted by the person with which I felt the anger- he contacted me with love and apology.

I've had that happen too, actually a number of times! Not always within 5 minutes, but within a few days...people I hadn't spoken to in years suddenly reappeared. And sometimes issues got resolved the very same day I did the acceptance. Very powerful!
(07-05-2011, 07:47 AM)3DMonkey Wrote: [ -> ]What I 'get' from this exercise is that verbal expressions is "funneling this energy into a practical means of venting the negative aspect of this emotion ". To me, that goes along with, my favorite, breaking stuff or punching a wall, etc.

Many therapies (such as Rebirthing) utilize physical expression as a way to defuse the negative energy in a harmless way. I think as long as it's not directed at anyone, but vented harmlessly (like hitting a pillow or punching bag) the physical release can be cathartic. But that is in addition to, not instead of, the mental exercise.

(07-05-2011, 07:47 AM)3DMonkey Wrote: [ -> ]So, yes, I purposely used it all in my mind. This is not suppression. Suppression is to push it down mentally and forget about it. NO! The idea is to "intensify" mentally. I went over it and over it and over it. And when I wanted to be done with it and move on with my thoughts, I dug deep and went over it again, and again. I promise you, it worked for me, there was an actual point when the energy changed, transformed, and my perspective was uncanny acceptance for all that I was angry about. I was able to completely see the other as self at that point. .... Low and behold, the universal energy answered back for me (probably some time/space positive 4Ds involved Wink)

Exactly! I would add to that, that, at the same time, I focus on my choice to transmute the anger into love/acceptance/forgiveness. While I'm feeling the intensity of the anger, I'm also consciously choosing to transmute it.
Monica and Monkey, I have had similar a similar experience... The anger was almost so unbearable that at the point I brokedown in tears and said I don't wanna feel this way about ANYONE, much less someone (a friend) who I had been through so much with. Within 24 hours he initiated contact and over the next couple of days we worked it out. We hadn't spoken in over a year.

I think it speaks to our ever expanding psychic abilities. We are preceiving the unrest in otherselfs mind. Were these meetings of forgivness always going to happen?? Did we create the situation with the sheer power of forgivness of both self and others?? Or was it a psychic connection?? If I remember Ra stated that as the time of Harvest moves closer, our pshychic abilities will increas as the planet moves farther into 4D vibrations. Along with this is a dramatic increse in sensitivity(hints the burning anger and feeling it stronger than I ever had) Is there a connection??
P.s I feel this psychic connection and working out feelings and emotions through thought alone to be a 4D concept. And we are uncoinsiously (and in this case coinsiously) percieving 4D lessons of L/L due to the presence of this new 4D energy we are experiencing. And we are uncoinsiously healing ALL on this planet simply by accepting and forgiving otherself... Just a thought
Here's another great gem from Book 1 regarding the same issue:

Quote:18.5 Questioner: Thank you. I have a question here that I will read: “Much of the mystic tradition of seeking on Earth holds the belief that the individual self must be erased or obliterated and the material world ignored for the individual to reach ‘nirvana,’ as it is called, or enlightenment. What is the proper role of the individual self and its worldly activities to aid an individual to grow more into the Law of One?”
Ra: I am Ra. The proper role of the entity is in this density to experience all things desired, to then analyze, understand, and accept these experiences, distilling from them the love/light within them. Nothing shall be overcome. That which is not needed falls away.

The orientation develops due to analysis of desire. These desires become more and more distorted towards conscious application of love/light as the entity furnishes itself with distilled experience. We have found it to be inappropriate in the extreme to encourage the overcoming of any desires, except to suggest the imagination rather than the carrying out in the physical plane, as you call it, of those desires not consonant with the Law of One, thus preserving the primal distortion of free will.

The reason it is unwise to overcome is that overcoming is an unbalanced action creating difficulties in balancing in the time/space continuum. Overcoming, thus, creates the further environment for holding on to that which apparently has been overcome.

All things are acceptable in the proper time for each entity, and in experiencing, in understanding, in accepting, in then sharing with other-selves, the appropriate distortion shall be moving away from distortions of one kind to distortions of another which may be more consonant with the Law of One.

It is, shall we say, a shortcut to simply ignore or overcome any desire. It must instead be understood and accepted. This takes patience and experience which can be analyzed with care, with compassion for self and for other-self.
(07-05-2011, 12:49 AM)Bring4th_Austin Wrote: [ -> ]This exchange has been central in helping me understand the paths of acceptance versus control. Discipline is sometimes misunderstood as control, and I've found it a common theme among a lot of New Age material to try to "control" your vibration so you only "attract" good things to you. I've found the path of exploration, acceptance, and balance much more fulfilling than that of retreat to positive feelings.

I just thought I'd share some of the material which I have gotten the most use out of in going about my daily life.

thanks for your thoughts Austin (bridges lol).

I've found that acceptance is the magic ingredient in the STO experience. One can serve others more when you come to see them as more and more of yourself. That way the boundaries between two entities almost disappears.

for eg, if you reject or disapprove a quality in yourself (for eg, being too noisy in an office environment), when that quality presents itself in experience, then a rejection of the other will take place automatically. They will be seen as an 'instigator' or a 'challenge' to that original rejected notion.

The Acceptance does not come about via becoming noisy yourself (what a thought lol) but recognising that one has that capability or dipole WITHIN ONESELF, because all things and qualities are present in each (as fragments of the one creator that we are).

once that self-possibility is recognised, accepted, understood, then when that behaviour presents itself in experience there is no opposition for that sensory stimulus to brush up against, and trigger an allergic reaction.

This 'path of acceptance' can be applied to almost anything that you can think of. It is nigh universal in its application. It's a much more valuable tool than just telling people to 'love all', 'forgive all', etc etc. There is a certain process or technique to it Smile

peace, and thanks for the opportunity to present my sermon.

[Image: cat6j.jpg]

BigSmile

Meerie

I got to spread a lesson of acceptance last night and it felt really nice.

My sister was frustrated because out of the 3 women who work in her office she is the only one who holds egalitarian views. Both the other girls, who are about 8-10 years younger than her, will let their boss get away with sexist comments and sexual harassment all the time, while my sister doesn't stand for that s***. The thing that really set her off was a discussion about a 13 year old girl who claimed she was raped by a camp councilor. Both the other girls instantly sided with the guy, saying that the girl had a history of being "that kind of girl" and that she was just saying this to cover her back . . . etc. etc. There was a big argument where my sister felt like she was the only arguing that it's not fair to automatically discount the girl's side of the story.

She was complaining to me about this last night and I told her "you can either go forward from this situation seeing your office as a sort of arena where you are pitted against these opposing views in an adversarial way OR you can see this as an opportunity to provide these young women with a positive role model by simply being yourself and giving them something to think about." That really cheered her up and she told me that that was a much better idea than her planned passive-aggressive war BigSmile
The path of least resistance is the path of greatest allowance.
Quote:46.10 Questioner: A repression of what?
Ra: "I am Ra. Any mind complex distortion which you may call emotional which is of itself disorganized, needs, in order to be useful to the negatively oriented entity, to be repressed and then brought to the surface in an organized use. Thus you may find for instance, negatively polarized entities controlling and repressing such basic bodily complex needs as the sexual desire in order that in the practice thereof the will may be used to enforce itself upon the other-self with greater efficiency when the sexual behavior is allowed."

Regarding the last part of the above statement, can the intentional repression of sexual desire not also be a practice of positive sexual relations?
(07-27-2012, 12:42 PM)Siren Wrote: [ -> ]The path of least resistance is the path of greatest allowance.

If acceptance is hard, you ain't doing it right.