Bring4th

Full Version: Hebrews 11:1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In the spirit of it being 07/11/11 i wanted to post my favorite 111 quote.

"Faith is the Reality of what is hoped for, the Proof of what is not seen "
Hebrews 11:1 Smile <3
how about a 7/11 celebration? Tongue hooray for shops that stay open late.
My favorite is Hebrews 6:4-6

3DMonkey

Wow. You have me reading the Bible again.

How is this for some distortion past, present, future?

Quote:Hebrews 9
6 When everything had been arranged like this, the priests entered regularly into the outer room to carry on their ministry. 7 But only the high priest entered the inner room, and that only once a year, and never without blood, which he offered for himself and for the sins the people had committed in ignorance. 8 The Holy Spirit was showing by this that the way into the Most Holy Place had not yet been disclosed as long as the first tabernacle was still functioning. 9 This is an illustration for the present time, indicating that the gifts and sacrifices being offered were not able to clear the conscience of the worshiper. 10 They are only a matter of food and drink and various ceremonial washings—external regulations applying until the time of the new order.
....14 How much more, then, will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself unblemished to God, cleanse our consciences from acts that lead to death,[c] so that we may serve the living God!
(07-11-2011, 09:25 PM)Pickle Wrote: [ -> ]My favorite is Hebrews 6:4-6

If you put your thinking cap on, this is a condensed version of the moral in the story of eden.

3DMonkey

(07-12-2011, 10:05 PM)Pickle Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-11-2011, 09:25 PM)Pickle Wrote: [ -> ]My favorite is Hebrews 6:4-6

If you put your thinking cap on, this is a condensed version of the moral in the story of eden.
Help me out.

"Once people have seen the light, gotten a taste of heaven and been part of the work of the Holy Spirit, once they've personally experienced the sheer goodness of God's Word and the powers breaking in on us—if then they turn their backs on it, washing their hands of the whole thing, well, they can't start over as if nothing happened. That's impossible. Why, they've re-crucified Jesus! They've repudiated him in public! Parched ground that soaks up the rain and then produces an abundance of carrots and corn for its gardener gets God's "Well done!" But if it produces weeds and thistles, it's more likely to get cussed out. Fields like that are burned, not harvested."

I'm stumped at the highlighted part.

(Also, I'm a little worried that Monica would be mad that burning the weeds wastes a good meal Smile Heart )
This is the part most religious wish they could remove from the bible.
Quote:For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit, 5 and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, 6 if they fall away,[a] to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame.

The simple concept is once you are aware of wrong, you are held accountable for that wrong. This is the same underlying concept in eden. Once they had awareness of wrong, they could never return to their original position.

Quote:26 For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, 27 but a certain fearful expectation of judgment,

(07-12-2011, 10:39 PM)3DMonkey Wrote: [ -> ](Also, I'm a little worried that Monica would be mad that burning the weeds wastes a good meal Smile Heart )
Not sure that green weeds will burn. Dead weeds burn well, and well, they are dead so no matter. Ha.