Bring4th

Full Version: Exercise Of Fire
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone. I havn't posted in quite a while, but I lurk from time to time.

I've been trying to understand the exercise of fire and how to visualize it. I'm having difficulty. I was wondering if any of you understand it well enough to explain it?

Also, is The inner light or fire of the creator, the eighth chakra?

Thank you.
I never understood this myself. Don seems to have referenced it from something else they were reading.
Use a candle flame. Fire in my understanding is the most basic attainment of light, we move away from it as we become more complex but are also seeking to return to that state in a higher form, ie becoming like the sun.
Inner flame is what they call chi/kundalini.. when u get that all working as it should, the inner fire/creative energy becomes strong and we gain power
(07-13-2011, 03:43 PM)peelstreetguy Wrote: [ -> ]I've been trying to understand the exercise of fire and how to visualize it. I'm having difficulty. I was wondering if any of you understand it well enough to explain it?

Have you looked in western magical texts? I have the idea that it's associated with the banishing ritual of the lesser pentagram.
βαθμιαίος, are you talking about the Qabalistic Cross?
(07-14-2011, 10:45 PM)peelstreetguy Wrote: [ -> ]βαθμιαίος, are you talking about the Qabalistic Cross?

I was thinking of something more like this: http://www.thetruthcentral.com/relations...h-alchemy/
βαθμιαίος, Thanks, looks like a great read! I'm always interested in the correlations between the chakras and Western High Magick.
is it lesser banishing ritual of the pentagram or what you said person whose name i can't repeat? i've heard it called both.
Ra and Don called it banishing ritual of the lesser pentagram but I think it's more commonly referred to as you did.

You mean you don't speak Greek? Tongue
no i don't even have the alphabet. Tongue

it stuck out to me in the Ra material that they called it that, i wonder why tho. i don't even know what the lesser means. Tongue
I read about a meditation called furor fire where you imagine flower shaped discs on the seventh, fifth, fourth and second chakras connected to a tube.
[Image: 24bcd0e6f91447f9982fe6e.jpg]
I was just listening to Jim expand on the exercise of fire where one visualises the light/energy of the sun travelling through each chakra and then sending it on to someone to be healed.

Interesting synchronicity as I was at a loss over the weekend as to how to help a sick relative and a pressing thought came to me to meditate and send green light from the heart and gold solar light from the crown (maybe I got that muddled and it should have been from the solar plexus) from my body to my relative. I've had a strong urge to do this several times per day since.

When I sun gaze I visualise the light going in my eyes and to each chakra individually with 7 breaths. It was this light I was using to send to my relative.

I need to research this further as it's a good synchronicty to having a strong urge to send light, then listening to Jim talk about a very similar healing practice.

Meerie

(09-03-2012, 11:32 PM)jacrob Wrote: [ -> ]I was just listening to Jim expand on the exercise of fire where one visualises the light/energy of the sun travelling through each chakra and then sending it on to someone to be healed.

Interesting synchronicity as I was at a loss over the weekend as to how to help a sick relative and a pressing thought came to me to meditate and send green light from the heart and gold solar light from the crown (maybe I got that muddled and it should have been from the solar plexus) from my body to my relative. I've had a strong urge to do this several times per day since.

When I sun gaze I visualise the light going in my eyes and to each chakra individually with 7 breaths. It was this light I was using to send to my relative.

I need to research this further as it's a good synchronicty to having a strong urge to send light, then listening to Jim talk about a very similar healing practice.

I am not sure I got you right there, Jacrob, but I would like to point out... please do not send YOUR OWN energy in order to heal someone!
to avoid depleting yourself, I would suggest tap into the universal source of love and healing energy and direct that to others...
the first part "from my body to my relative" sounded to me as if you used your own energy.

jacrob,

here are the relevant quotes

http://www.lawofone.info/results.php?q=e...0&o=r&ss=1

but I must admit, I've struggled with this concept/practice as well.

- -

this is one of my favourite passages of praise from Ra:

Quote:75.11 Questioner: Was the exercise of the fire properly done?

Ra: I am Ra. The baton is well visualized. The conductor will learn to hear the entire score of the great music of its art.

so warm and cuddly! BigSmile

Unbound

For some reason I felt to post this:

http://alexismincolla.com/Treatise-on-Cosmic-Fire.pdf
(09-04-2012, 09:26 AM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]jacrob,

here are the relevant quotes

http://www.lawofone.info/results.php?q=e...0&o=r&ss=1

but I must admit, I've struggled with this concept/practice as well.

- -

this is one of my favourite passages of praise from Ra:

Quote:75.11 Questioner: Was the exercise of the fire properly done?

Ra: I am Ra. The baton is well visualized. The conductor will learn to hear the entire score of the great music of its art.

so warm and cuddly! BigSmile

Thanks Plenum, and yes a very nice quote. Lots of their quotes nearly bring a tear to the eye...like the poker playing/veil analogy they made in book 1, i cried alot because of it's warmth.
(09-04-2012, 09:05 AM)Meerie Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-03-2012, 11:32 PM)jacrob Wrote: [ -> ]I was just listening to Jim expand on the exercise of fire where one visualises the light/energy of the sun travelling through each chakra and then sending it on to someone to be healed.

I am not sure I got you right there, Jacrob, but I would like to point out... please do not send YOUR OWN energy in order to heal someone!
to avoid depleting yourself, I would suggest tap into the universal source of love and healing energy and direct that to others...
the first part "from my body to my relative" sounded to me as if you used your own energy.

Thanks for advice Meerie, actually I'm not sure how to describe where the energy I'm using is coming from. I sort of visualise sunlight coming in through the eyes and breath it into each chakra, then energise the heart and send strands of 6 gold and 1 green strand (from the heart as per Edgar Cayce and his green light/healing advice) from the chakras and out the aura at chest level (was thinking of Donnie Darko and his wormholes coming out the chest as a reference for my visualisation) in 1 big spiral to my relative who lives several kilometres away. For the last 3 days I've felt extremely energised so I'm not sure if I'm doing it right or the continued sungazing is propping up my energy.

(09-04-2012, 07:54 PM)TheEternal Wrote: [ -> ]For some reason I felt to post this:

whoa! Thought it was going to be a quick read and it's 685 pages. Will get back to you on this one. "Lucis Trust"......fire/light bringer. This should be interesting.
Technarch,

Your image is interesting. I find the chakras drawn/painted in so many different ways. I wonder if there is a right way? Sometimes they seem to be spheres, sometimes, as in your image, they are disks laid flat, sometimes, they are shown as disks facing forward and back, and that's just the beginning of the different kinds of structures I've seen depicted.
On this same subject (kind of) Edgar Cayce says that the kundalini is properly raised up to the 5th, then it curves around the back of the head (in a path similar to the shape of a cobra ready to strike) and into the crown chakra. Finally it continues into the indigo chakra. Not sure what happens next.
(09-06-2012, 03:18 PM)caycegal Wrote: [ -> ]Technarch,

Your image is interesting. I find the chakras drawn/painted in so many different ways. I wonder if there is a right way? Sometimes they seem to be spheres, sometimes, as in your image, they are disks laid flat, sometimes, they are shown as disks facing forward and back, and that's just the beginning of the different kinds of structures I've seen depicted.
On this same subject (kind of) Edgar Cayce says that the kundalini is properly raised up to the 5th, then it curves around the back of the head (in a path similar to the shape of a cobra ready to strike) and into the crown chakra. Finally it continues into the indigo chakra. Not sure what happens next.

I don't want to debate with anyone whether this is right or wrong - just sharing it. I've been practicing this way since I learned about Cayce's reading on it.

Hi all,

If I were to pick a classical element with which I resonate most strongly it would be fire. I work with its energy in one way or another more or less constantly.

What I've learned is that transmuting inner anger is an excellent way for me to build up fire energy. I have a lot of repressed rage bottled up inside of me, and in order to cook off it has to percolate up through my repression mechanism and into my psyche in the form of hot, destructive energy that surges through my chakras and fills my mind with violent, warlike imagery.

That imagery, though violent and sometimes horrific, is actually very powerful for white magic. All I have to do is let my anger flow, allow it to fill my mind and body, and then vent it through the filter of positive intent, which transmutes it into the pure essence of fire.

That built-up rage energy is like lightning that wants to strike something and utterly annihilate it. By deciding that it will be used positively and remaining unafraid of its violence, it tends to automatically form a very powerful magical visualization without needing much conscious effort to form it.

If I wanted to heal someone with that raging energy, I would simply build it up and trust that it would discharge in the right way. A visualization would spontaneously form - say, a dense forest of twisted, blackened, leafless trees. As this arose my gut-level understanding would be "okay, this image is a psychic symbol of that person's problems." I would feel perfectly okay, then, allowing the rage to pour into that image and turn it into a world of total destruction.

Some appropriate way of initiating that pouring-out would occur to me - I might allow anger to twist my face as I clench a fist, imagining it to be a gesture that calls forth that power and blows every tree to splinters at the same time. Or it might occur to me to direct it through a subtle inner grunt or shout, scowling and snorting out through my nose like a raging bull as I trust that healing intention to carry all that accumulated violence to the karmic problems of the one in need.

I also tend to spontaneously generate images of warriors when I use this energy. If someone is sick off in some distant place, the visualization that spontaneously arises when I begin to discharge the anger positively might be them lying on a bed while African warriors dance in a circle around them, shouting mighty war cries and shaking their weapons menacingly while pouring their own energy into them in a powerful destructive wave that goes into the patient.

Or they might manifest as civil war-era soldiers appearing around them, raising their rifles with bayonets and murderously stabbing them into the patient over and over, the underlying knowledge being that this is a safe channeling of wrathful energy not at the patient, but at their health problems, and more importantly their karmic ties to them.

Another visualization that might occur would be a platoon of soldiers storming a building, which I would immediately understand to represent their body, kicking down doors and ruthlessly gunning down any living soul they find inside as I nod in approval - then reporting in to tell me the mission is accomplished. Again, I would feel totally safe directing this violent energy into the patient because its target, represented in the spontaneous visualization somehow, would be their health issues and bad karma.

Hand gestures that channel violent energy assist this greatly.

If one is skeptical of the possibility of this kind of discharge being good for people, bear in mind that Buddhist practitioners of tantra routinely use very violent imagery to do essentially peaceful magic. (Of course, a patient might really not need all that fire in a pure energy-balancing sense... one has to use discretion.)

This might not come as naturally to other forum users as it does to me, but I feel very safe using this energy to fuel my prayers and white magic. It is part of my own healing process, and through me, the Earth's.

The gist of this post is basically that if one has patterns of angry energetic holding blocking one's chakras, one can release that anger in a very constructive way by letting it empower an exceedingly wrathful visualization that needs very little deliberate guidance to form and channels destructive power against negativity in a way that is intuitive, safe, and easy to use. Just don't give too much fire to someone or it may imbalance them.
Okay, so after having a day to think about my last post, I have to add a few things.

First of all, I have been using this type of energy to heal myself and was probably too trigger-happy about recommending its use on others. It works for me - it can trigger massive energy releases and has been very helpful. But if others' energy fields are inherently more resonant with peaceful approaches, and especially if they are not fire-type people already, they may not react well to it. If you're going to try to do this to heal someone, ask their higher self for intuitive guidance and talk it over with their physical self, too. Transmuted anger is violent, destructive energy, which means it could change things in their body and mind fast. It's not gentle at all. If someone isn't ready to bear major tumult in their chakras as part of the healing, don't bother with it. This is for people who want huge gobs of stuck energy and solidified thought forms ripped to shreds, burnt to a crisp, or wrenched out of them with force. Don't expose someone to that without permission. It's not what most people have in mind for a healing.

Bear in mind too that violent energy isn't a universal tool. When working on myself, I think it's great to use wrathful approaches to pulverize stuck energy, slash through negative thoughtforms and cords of attachment, and forcibly wrench out or punch holes in the energetic "plate armor" I've formed in my field, especially around the heart. But the other elements are needed for balance, and like I said, not everyone wants raging fire to be the method by which these things are dealt with.

Also, I would never build up the initial energy by, say, thinking about how much someone made me mad or how angry I am about this or that particular thing. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT. You wouldn't be able to clean the hatred out of that and it would not be healing if you sent it into someone. The source of my energy when I choose to use wrathful power is a reservoir of generalized, non-focused anger which is just there in me without a discernible reason. So when I summon it up, it doesn't really have the characteristic of hatred, which is directed at someone or something and bears real malevolence, but it is pure explosive force.

I must say, it's pretty amazing how powerful raw fire is. I love it. It just grinds and shreds countless internal obstacles. If you have the raw combustive power already in you to draw upon, I say use it - unleash its total violence on whatever sets you back internally. But don't think I'm talking about using hatred to do the job. Stars don't hate when they go supernova, right? It's just raw power.

Also, one can distill from anger a more gentle fire energy from than I've suggested. Possibly a better way to do things, ESPECIALLY bearing in mind I'm probably a rarity in terms of my affinity for wrathfulness, would be to summon the wrathful power, then when it is sufficiently strong, lighten up your grip on it with the intent for it to become a peaceful type of energy. Get your storm on, build up wrath, then let go of the specific intention to stay connected to the anger circuit which is the source of it. Immediately become gentle, allow that psychological shift to automatically change the flavor and intensity of the energy, then let the peaceful energy spread. To do that is to turn a two-step process (build wrathful energy and then let it discharge with positive intent) into a three-step one (build wrathful energy, switch it to a peaceful form, then discharge it).

Basically, be discriminating. If you want to work with raw, violent fire-power, use it on yourself first to see what it's capable of. Get used to it, make sure you are aware of whether or not there is negative emotion inherently wrapped up with it, and see how much violence you are comfortable with in the imagery. You might not want warriors, in particular, to be part of it, because they may feel too negative. They could introduce the thought "I'm fighting a hated enemy" to the working, depending on your personal associations with the soldier image. When I allow warriors to surface in my visualizations, it's partially because I want to create a space for the karma attached to the soldier archetype to redeem itself, and this is so deep in me that it is a subtext I don't have to deliberately insert. If you don't personally have a desire to see the archetype of the violent soldier used for a redeemed purpose, think about not bringing them in. I have a strong sense of love for soldiers and a respect for their basic innocence, so I think that loving feeling inherently arises when I use warrior images and crowds out the possibility of hatred and fear perverting the work.
(09-04-2012, 07:54 PM)TheEternal Wrote: [ -> ]For some reason I felt to post this:

Thanks man that was a big synch for me. I'am on fire today.
(09-08-2012, 01:54 AM)Sagittarius Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks man that was a big synch for me. I'am on fire today.

This is interesting. I tried to read Alice Bailey years ago but could not penetrate it. Now I am thinking I understand that what she calls "fire" is what I would call electro-magnetic energy, auric field, atomic energy, and so forth.

I really enjoyed the forward which talks about how she was aware that in future much more will be revealed on the topics she channeled.
(09-07-2012, 05:56 PM)DMCubic Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, so after having a day to think about my last post, I have to add a few things.  

[quote was so long that I had to delete it]

4 years later, thank you. Just got to "exercise of fire" via Law of One; and your post resonates with me entirely. I recognised just yesterday that my internal suffering/ despair, that which has not been healed, is but supressed anger/ rage. Anger turned inward is depression.

Your post resonates with me entirely, for the purpose of the healing of the self.

Much gratitude, love, and light. Adonai.
I'm fairly certain it was an Order of the Golden Dawn exercise they were talking about.