Bring4th

Full Version: joplin missouri
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i took my car over to the insurance company to get an estimate for the damage from the hail storm. the fellow who did the estimate
was from east texas. i want to say something just about everybody i have met from texas i have liked and this goes back a while. something easy going and relaxed about texans. i guess the state is too big to be in a rush. anyway. he said he spent a month in joplin missouri doing claims for the people in the tornado. he said the damage was the worst he had ever seen in his life and he is in his 50's. one man he met who had lost everything was interested in only one thing. he didnt care about his house or his belongings he wanted help to find his cat. it took them two days to find the cat and he was alive. thank God. he said when he got home he fell to the floor and he sobbed uncontrollaby until he cried all his tears. afterwards i had a dream that my wife and i were in the house and we heard a noise.we couldnt figure out what it was. i then took a ride in my car and the noise was there and then i heard distinctly a cat meowing. there was a little kitty cat under my t shirt and i took him out and looked at him. then i brought him into the house and my wife and i were happy that we had the little kitty kat. bottom line stories like this help us to have a perspective on life. i wasnt happy my car was damaged in a hail storm but i wasnt devastated either. i realize it can be a lot worse. i have a desire to pray for people all over the world who suffer these tremendous losses and i cant wait until we move into a reality that is more user friendly without all the loss and pain and suffering. mankind imho has earned a better fate and i strongly believe that better world is fast approaching us

norral
i love Texas too. it's great he got his kitty back.
The part I like most about this story is the honesty of the claims guy. I think it would be pretty rare to meet a man who readily admits to a stranger he cried uncontrollably.
he has a good heart austin. its nice to meet people like that . they give us hope for the future.

norral
(08-14-2011, 01:35 PM)abridgetoofar Wrote: [ -> ]The part I like most about this story is the honesty of the claims guy. I think it would be pretty rare to meet a man who readily admits to a stranger he cried uncontrollably.

:idea: His relating of that to strangers is premium quality STO. Thanks for passing it on, norral.