Bring4th

Full Version: Birds, the messengers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
105.12 Questioner: I have come to the conclusion that the meaning of the hawk that we had about a year ago when we started to move the first time had to do with the non-benign nature of the house, in the metaphysical sense, which I had picked. If it would not interfere with the Law of Confusion I think that it would be philosophically interesting to know if I am correct with respect to that.

Ra: I am Ra. What bird comes to affirm for Ra? What bird would be chosen to warn? We ask the questioner to ponder these queries.

Ra was depicted with the head of a hawk or a falcon in Egyptian mythology, so I'm guessing those birds affirm for Ra. What bird do you think comes to warn?

Like the raven, the crow is a bird which appears in world mythology as a soothsayer, an omen of death and as a creator and cleanser, taking away all that was decayed. Full of intelligence, cunning, and playfulness, the crow was seen as a guardian of the sacred alw among the tribes of North America, a creature whose far-seeing eye saw past, present, and future all at once. For the Algonquin peoples, Crow was the bringer of grains and beans. In the Ghost Dances, which are danced to solicit the help of their ancestors, Crow is a primary spirit messenger.

Crows and ravens have an intricate and detailed history in Celtic lore and legend. The Irish battle goddesses, Morrigan and Badbh, regulary took the shape of crows, and both crows and ravens were their allies and companions. In Scottish folklore, the crow is said to have 27 different cries (a magical 3 times 9), each of which relates to a different event. These oracular cries can foretell the coming of important guests, an impending loss or death, or the coming of good fortune, a complete body of lore was built up from listening to the varied calls of the crows, which has the ability to mimic many kinds of sounds as well as to communicate with its own kind. When there is a molmacha (flock of crows), all crying together, it is said that no one but the most wise seer in the land can understand their words.

In Greece, the crow was an unlucky sign. Although they were sacred to the goddess Athena, she would not allow them to perch upon the roof of the Acropolis in Athens, for most people believed crows to be an omen of death if they landed upon a roof. However, this did not stop Apollo shapeshifting into the form of a crow when he was fleeing from Typhon.

In China, the three-legged crow lives in the heart of the sun and his three legs represent the morning, afternoon, and evening. A similar symbolism is found in Japan where the crow is often shown in front of the sun. The medieval bestiaries looked upon the crow as a bird of parental devotion. It was also believed that crows led the migtration of the storks. Confusingly, medieval Christian belief held that the crow was both a sign of the devil because of its scavenging behavior and a symbol of fidelity, since it was believed that crows did not seek a new mate if their own partner died. The magical properties of the crow include an ability to divine the future and to dismantle the past, as well as to teach human beings how to mix love, humor, and playfulness.

A picture of two crows in ancient Egypt symbolized married happiness; for the Aryan cultures the meaning was the same along with the idea of food and fertility. To the Hindus, the crow was the emblem of the god Varuna.
Source(s):
"The Element Encyclopedia of Magical Creatures" John and Caitlin Matthews
"Animal Magick" D. J. Conway

Maybe the crow comes to warn for Ra?

(08-15-2011, 03:27 AM)Wander-Man Wrote: [ -> ]105.12 Questioner: I have come to the conclusion that the meaning of the hawk that we had about a year ago when we started to move the first time had to do with the non-benign nature of the house, in the metaphysical sense, which I had picked. If it would not interfere with the Law of Confusion I think that it would be philosophically interesting to know if I am correct with respect to that.

Ra: I am Ra. What bird comes to affirm for Ra? What bird would be chosen to warn? We ask the questioner to ponder these queries.

Ra was depicted with the head of a hawk or a falcon in Egyptian mythology, so I'm guessing those birds affirm for Ra. What bird do you think comes to warn?

(08-15-2011, 03:27 AM)Wander-Man Wrote: [ -> ]Ra: I am Ra. What bird comes to affirm for Ra? What bird would be chosen to warn? We ask the questioner to ponder these queries.

I got an entirely different meaning from the answer. I thought Ra was
being facetious and was trying to say that sometimes a bird is just a
bird and doesn't mean anything.

Could also be neither of those and simply one of a personal nature.
Ra facetious? please. Tongue
David Wilcock mentions that the Phoenix symbolizes the astral body leaving the body each night, and then returning to the body. It's in his latest Sourcefield video.
(08-15-2011, 03:27 AM)Wander-Man Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe the crow comes to warn for Ra?

That's interesting. Jim and Carla told me once that they think Don's insistence that the hawk was intended to warn them away from the house in Atlanta was the start of his downward spiral. (That may be overstating their position and I may be misremembering the conversation, but that's what I took away from it.) It was as if he couldn't see the blessing that was being offered and saw its opposite, instead.
In those days, I recall they had spent time off and on with Andrija Puharich, who had noticed a hawk many times when he was working on a project, probably the one with Uri Geller. That could have made Don and Carla be vigilant for something similar. Regarding the above comments, I could go either way, but tend to think that the bird was random, if they just spotted it flying across the sky. If they saw it behaving in an unusual way or was around day after day then, yes, it might have been a signal.
(08-15-2011, 07:52 PM)kycahi Wrote: [ -> ]Regarding the above comments, I could go either way, but tend to think that the bird was random, if they just spotted it flying across the sky. If they saw it behaving in an unusual way or was around day after day then, yes, it might have been a signal.

I think I remember Jim saying that it was a huge bird and landed very near them on the lawn. Don in one of his questions mentioned that it was unusual in that it came so close.

It's interesting that Ra agreed that the hawk was significant and yet reminded Don that not all birds have archetypical meaning. Ra basically said the three of them needed to figure it out together.
i think the bird was of personal meaning... they had to talk about the house and how they felt. but too much emphasis was placed on the 'meaning of the bird' instead. Also, maybe it was a manipulation and manifestation of a negative entity playing with them and knowing maybe how Don would react to such a thing?

3DMonkey

(08-24-2011, 11:44 PM)Tza 3DP Wrote: [ -> ]i think the bird was of personal meaning... they had to talk about the house and how they felt. but too much emphasis was placed on the 'meaning of the bird' instead. Also, maybe it was a manipulation and manifestation of a negative entity playing with them and knowing maybe how Don would react to such a thing?

I think you hit the nail on the head. I think, if there was a negative entity, it came in the form of misplaced emphasis to hide from what really needed to be talked about.
My mom feeds crows. Here in Washington UW has been studying crows for a number of years. They live for 20 or so years and are very family dedicated. Every morning I listen to them do there morning conversing in a few trees from my house and then they all fly off in different directions. They can remember and recognize people for a number of years. When UW first started collecting crows to put ID tags on them the students involved when showing up for school would get harassed by the crows. Even after a summer vacation and it happened for years. The school had to resort to wearing gloves and masks when collecting crows. Not only would the bird they collected would recognize them so were the children and family members of that crow.

My mom feeds them and thankfully when they come to our house they are very quiet. Stealth fighters even. There could be 12 crows in our back yard and when they start arguing about food they do wing gestures and swoop at each other and rarely kah kaw. There is a hierarchy for sure and respect.

When I leave the house to go on my walks there is always a crow or 2 near me. The term "As the crow flies" has been going through my head a lot lately because they don't fly that far. It's more like a relay. No one knows how they communicate entirely or what/where they get all there intel from. I am a firm believer they can throw there voices and mimic many sounds of the world and are a crucial part of this game called life as spirit guides.

Now I've encountered a murder of crows....it was probably more then a thousand once while I was on one of my walkabout's during a time of lot's of drinking, very little sleep and I was convinced I was with a number of spirits. I wanted to walk down the hill to a local 7-11 about a mile away in the heart of Freemason town AKA Fremont, Seattle. As I walked out my door and headed that way the crows started flying in and landing in all the trees ahead of me kaw'ing like crazy. I've never seen so many birds and Alfred Hitchcock came to mind and I laughed but I decided to take the warning and just went to the corner store 2 blocks from my place.

Many strange things happened prior to that but I felt it was important to humor them on my hunt for more booze/spirits in order to communicate with the darker side of the netherworld. I've been a practitioner of Drunken Style Kung Fu for a long time.....now I am learning Sober Style Monkey Throw Poo. Just need to find myself a monkey...
CarlS - I'm wondering how your Mom specifically feeds crows? I've had a lot of crows in my trees this summer but don't quite know how to feed them. I do have several bird feeders out, and have scattered peanuts on the ground. Just wondering about that.
Shopping - welcome here!
Crows are reincarnated souls of warrior spirits. They eat the same food we as human warriors like to eat. My mother feeds them the left overs from diners we have through out the week. They very much like the flavor of love. And potatoes. We put outside a roasted chicken carcus and they are capable of dismantling it and taking it all away. Crows are problem solvers and often take the food items they get back to the main nest or to a hiding spot they have in order to have a romantic meal with there potential mate or children. They are very family oriented and will eat anything your family does. Like us they are custodians and filtering systems working off karma by cleaning up after there previous incarnations. They represent the dead and are very protective. Earning their trust takes many years because you have to win there parents approval.

They also love candy. Many of them have a sweet tooth. You may see a crow often...think you know that crow only to realize it's the twin cousin of anothers mother and it's spying on you because it heard a rumor from a family member that you give out candy. They also love ice cream bars because they have to eat them on the spot since some of them are sent to fetch food for the kids, moms and lazy elders. Everyone has chores to do. If you see a crow looking at you point it in a direction and there is a good chance it'll fly in that direction because though you don't know it you are capable of giving directions to food sources.

I do not spook the crows. They are very in tune to our energies. They read aura's better then all the other birds except for pigeons. Pigeons and crows are in a battle for something I have yet figured out. Crows like trees, pigeons like concrete. Chickens win at tic tac toe.

Dinosaurs never went extinct. They hit the reset button on this game because they got tired of the stink. Can birds smell? Taste? Why does so much taste like chicken? Which came first the chicken or the egg? I'm going to bet the rooster came first.

Thank you again, CarlS! I'm now betting that I have crows because I have a very large compost pile near the back of my property along a tree line! I'll try putting out candy, too.

And I've always said that the Creator made the Rooster first, then some hens, and then they laid the eggs!

I have a hawk necklace that I wear 24/7 that was my grandfathers. I have also been seeing some type of shadowy bird flying up towards the sky in recent meditations. I shall ponder on this thread as I know this has a significance to me personally.
i love the movie. crows are very mystical.

3DMonkey

I have to eat Crow quite often.

.... oh wait, this isn't the meat thread

.... oh no, that works
I have no idea where to post this but since this thread is about birds of omen, allow me to.
I live in Nairobi. Its relatively like any other city, urban, crowded etc.
In the recent past, I have enjoyed the company of these birds, The Barn Owls. Since I was a child, I remember my grandmother telling us that whenever the owls appeared, they were messengers from the underworld and more often than not their 'cry' signified that someone within the vicinity had to die...
Well, I have researched about them but it seems that many cultures regards owls as bird's of omen.
Every evening (these couple of months), these birds have kept me company starting about 6.40 p.m to around 4ish, often synchronizing their hooting deep in the night. initially, I disliked their presence, but with time, I have often looked out the window to acknowledge their presence, but now they are completely gone. Everyone I share the photos with responds in disbelief, especially due to the fact that these birds are a sign of bad omen in these parts of the world. I donno, five of them though?
(09-04-2020, 04:35 PM)Jow Wrote: [ -> ]I have no idea where to post this but since this thread is about birds of omen, allow me to.
I live in Nairobi. Its relatively like any other city, urban, crowded etc.
In the recent past, I have enjoyed the company of these birds, The Barn Owls. Since I was a child, I remember my grandmother telling us that whenever the owls appeared, they were messengers from the underworld and more often than not their 'cry' signified that someone within the vicinity had to die...
Well, I have researched about them but it seems that many cultures regards owls as bird's of omen.
Every evening (these couple of months), these birds have kept me company starting about 6.40 p.m to around 4ish, often synchronizing their hooting deep in the night. initially, I disliked their presence, but with time, I have often looked out the window to acknowledge their presence, but now they are completely gone. Everyone I share the photos with responds in disbelief, especially due to the fact that these birds are a sign of bad omen in these parts of the world. I donno, five of them though?
I love owls, so much,

I think they are wonderful companions like you do Jow. Smile
I live in a canon and behind me is a hill with eucalyptus, and at night this small owl hoots, and sometimes I have hooted back and then we have a conversation, sometimes for like a half hour. My neighbor asked me to stop, lol
(09-04-2020, 05:16 PM)flofrog Wrote: [ -> ]I love owls, so much,

I think they are wonderful companions like you do Jow. Smile
I live in a canon and behind me is a hill with eucalyptus, and at night this small owl hoots, and sometimes I have hooted back and then we have a conversation, sometimes for like a half hour. My neighbor asked me to stop, lol

here they are. They sure are mysterious birds
Awesome !! Heart
Feed the Birds is my favorite song from Mary Poppins.