Bring4th

Full Version: We are thankful for...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I do not know whether this will seem frivolous to some, or whether a similar thread has been created in the past. None the less, I am feeling particularly thankful for seemingly ordinary things, and I feel that sharing such with others of different perspectives may give rise to good thoughts. If you feel so then do share what makes you feel thankful for being a human bod on the earth at this time.

I am thankful for;

Too hot, muggy summers
Human smarts and funny sarcasm
Cold winter when it arrives
A roof over my head
Enjoying rain and storms
Food in my fridge and cupboards
Tiny birds flitting and loving
Shops where I can just buy things
Money (I dislike) but a sustaining system
A lovely bed to sleep in
Family and friends who love me
The scent of flowers on a walk
Boots for winter someone made
Electricity and the web of friends
(08-20-2011, 06:05 PM)Kiko Wrote: [ -> ]I do not know whether this will seem frivolous to some, or whether a similar thread has been created in the past. None the less, I am feeling particularly thankful for seemingly ordinary things, and I feel that sharing such with others of different perspectives may give rise to good thoughts. If you feel so then do share what makes you feel thankful for being a human bod on the earth at this time.

I am thankful for;

Too hot, muggy summers
Human smarts and funny sarcasm
Cold winter when it arrives
A roof over my head
Enjoying rain and storms
Food in my fridge and cupboards
Tiny birds flitting and loving
Shops where I can just buy things
Money (I dislike) but a sustaining system
A lovely bed to sleep in
Family and friends who love me
The scent of flowers on a walk
Boots for winter someone made
Electricity and the web of friends
There is nothing frivolous in all of creation, and in love and light. The understanding of the unity of all, and the infinite nature of creation is exciting and awesome. There is never a moment to be bored within, for all teaches us the interdependence of our being upon this density, and all others. This being said, all things I am grateful for can be described by the feeling of love, happiness and joy.

There are not certain triggers that 'call forth' these feelings for me, because everyday, joy is brought into my life into ever more surprisingly ways. I find myself initially opposed to an idea or judging it before understanding it, or even experiencing it. I then let go, and just let it be what it is.

I cannot give a list in this way, but perhaps I can say the process of experience and synchronicity at this time is what brings me joy, and love/light into my heart.

Namaste

i just woke up and went, oh god i'm still here! it wasn't all a dream. but i love many things about life. watching TV, reading, listening to music, i enjoy the linear nature of time here, as there's anticipation for what you want and then you get it, and that maybe doesn't happen in other realms. i enjoy rain on my skin, i used to enjoy cigarettes early on a winter morn, going outside in the snow freezing my butt off just to smoke and a cold morning beer with that is amazing. i love swinging. i love furry animals. i love smells. vanilla, mint and coffee, chamomille... i love pizza. i love melted cheese on bread. i love my vices. Tongue i love eating too many chocolate cookies before i get the jitters. i love climbing. i love poetry. i love art. i love moods. i love night. i love the sun. i love heatwaves. i love funny stuff. i love sleeping and forgetting i'm alive. that's not all.
I'll reach to another end of the spectrum. I've been met with disappointment, loneliness, and sad feelings for a short while now. I am grateful for these sad feelings because they allow me to explore myself. They allow me to find out what it is about myself interacting with the things in my life which bring these feelings forth. I'm grateful because they allow me to balance my imbalances. I'm grateful for the feelings of relief and contentment that comes with balancing, though it is harder to find right now, I have faith it will come.

Meerie

(08-21-2011, 12:46 AM)Oceania Wrote: [ -> ]i love furry animals.
q.e.d.
LOL

3DMonkey

soap, cereal, chocolate, coffee, water, children, cinema, sex, morphine, hospice care
every morning. No matter what happened the day before, each morning there is a new chance to perfect that which was less perfect the day before =)

@3DM -- hospice care? lol!!

3DMonkey

Smile well, I am. when the time comes, it is very nice to know it's there
I work in such place Tongue
i love soap, and Fight Club for teaching me how to make soap so i will be self sufficient when i am the last (wo)man on earth.
Didn't you just say in Treehuggers that soap makes your skin itch? And now, you love it? (I am right then, Wanderers are a bunch of masochists) BigSmile
see i use it so much it makes my skin itch. Tongue
Ah, that makes sense then *LOL*
I am thankful for the many graceful individuals I found here at b4th. I am thankful that the Law is ONE, otherwise, I would have burned down by now with the sense of envy!

Meerie

(08-21-2011, 06:58 AM)Confused Wrote: [ -> ]I am thankful for the many graceful individuals I found here at b4th.
I was thinking the same a couple mins ago! "highfive"

(08-21-2011, 07:08 AM)Meerie Wrote: [ -> ]I was thinking the same a couple mins ago! "highfive"

Smile You are one of them!!
I am thankful for sex.

(during sex too!) BigSmile
This is going to be one of those really loooong threads! BigSmile

I add to the above (especially sex Wink) that I'm grateful for being on this planet at these pivotal times, whatever my role is, and I'm happy with my STO choice. B4th is a real beacon of love and hope, so huge gratitude for Don, Carla, Jim and all of our selves :exclamation: Angel Heart Cool

3DMonkey

School starts tomorrow and the Cowboys play tonight Smile.