Bring4th

Full Version: What is the Soul? And robots
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
At the physical level, or perhaps the quantum level, we are all consciousness. We, living and organic, are spirits with physical vessels.

What is matter on the other side? The spiritual side. Is the soul merely a condensed "gem" of consciousness, expounded on itself by memory, reincarnation and self-awareness? Similar to how matter in the physical realm is layer upon layer of energy fused into objects.

If you can grasp what I'm asking, I ask further, what of future robots that have been programmed with self-awareness? Certainly their material is from the same star-dust we're composed of. What makes us different but the soul?
Any being with self awareness is third density and beyond, physical form should not matter when this quality is present. And if come machines with self awareness during the time we are still here then we should be happy to share with them our learning, our choices and more.

3DMonkey

(08-23-2011, 05:32 PM)Gribbons Wrote: [ -> ]We, living and organic, are spirits with physical vessels.

I don't think this is a precise conclusion. We are mind/body/spirit with a potentiation of complexity. More precisely, "I" am conscious awareness with a complex ceiling of unconscious contributions; plus; moving energy formed in a specific manner; plus; the mind/body emitting and interacting with the "wind", or the blank space of darkness.

(08-23-2011, 05:32 PM)Gribbons Wrote: [ -> ]What is matter on the other side? The spiritual side. Is the soul merely a condensed "gem" of consciousness, expounded on itself by memory, reincarnation and self-awareness? Similar to how matter in the physical realm is layer upon layer of energy fused into objects.
The time/space "side" you mean? I don't really know, but it is the reciprocal of this space/time.

(08-23-2011, 05:32 PM)Gribbons Wrote: [ -> ]If you can grasp what I'm asking, I ask further, what of future robots that have been programmed with self-awareness? Certainly their material is from the same star-dust we're composed of. What makes us different but the soul?

In that sense, there shouldn't be much difference, IMO. They are bits of 1D material put together in a configuration. They lack the unconscious, maybe? No, I can see they would have unconscious, with a much lower ceiling... I'd imagine. Would they be aware of another robot having its own awareness? It is certainly possible. Aha! Here would be a big difference.... we would have no remorse for "killing" a robot. We could flip a switch and the poor fellow would need to start all over again... that must be limiting...
(08-23-2011, 05:32 PM)Gribbons Wrote: [ -> ]At the physical level, or perhaps the quantum level, we are all consciousness. We, living and organic, are spirits with physical vessels.

What is matter on the other side? The spiritual side. Is the soul merely a condensed "gem" of consciousness, expounded on itself by memory, reincarnation and self-awareness? Similar to how matter in the physical realm is layer upon layer of energy fused into objects.

If you can grasp what I'm asking, I ask further, what of future robots that have been programmed with self-awareness? Certainly their material is from the same star-dust we're composed of. What makes us different but the soul?
A local body becomes self-aware after becoming inspirited. Until we understand more of time/space, which likely means having a more capable brain that can fathom the practical scope of it, we will not be able to develop suitable (robot) vehicles to host self-aware consciousnesses. After all, the consciousness that has reached a self-aware level has other options for a body.

The other side, is 'metaphysical' aka 'time/space' - not 'spiritual' any more than this side aka 'space/time' is spiritual.

3DMonkey

http://www.lawofone.info/results.php?sea...&ss=1&sc=1

Is it ever discovered what the robots are?

I don't really think we will be able to develop these hypothetical robots either, zenmaster. Hypothetically, I think the robots would have a "soul" as the original question uses the term.
(08-23-2011, 09:41 PM)3DMonkey Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.lawofone.info/results.php?sea...&ss=1&sc=1

Is it ever discovered what the robots are?

I don't really think we will be able to develop these hypothetical robots either, zenmaster. Hypothetically, I think the robots would have a "soul" as the original question uses the term.
At the point they're self-aware, they aren't robots. It's an oxymoron.

3DMonkey

Oh, now that's just silly zenmaster Tongue

organism- a thing that has the ability to function independently

robot- a mechanism that can move automatically

these sound very similar and neither requires self awareness...yet neither rule out self awareness

this could turn into the meat eating thread all over again, lol....seriously
(08-24-2011, 01:55 AM)3DMonkey Wrote: [ -> ]organism- a thing that has the ability to function independently

robot- a mechanism that can move automatically

...neither rule out self awareness
Following a deterministic program to mimic a set of characteristics, is the same as possessing infinite potential for self reflection and self knowledge - due to an intrinsic connection to all aspects of beingness?

3DMonkey

I honestly don't know which of those descriptions is "me" ;-)
Or, how they are different...
Ra said the inspirited m/b complex - now the m/b/s complex - has an 'upward drive towards the infinite'. How is infinity programmed? If you want to read some interesting material on the subject, there is a paper called "Derrida's Machine's" on the web.
(08-24-2011, 07:59 AM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]Following a deterministic program to mimic a set of characteristics, is the same as possessing infinite potential for self reflection and self knowledge - due to an intrinsic connection to all aspects of beingness?
Cayce called these types of bodies machines. There is a lot of info out there about androids. Fairly interesting concept brought up in Anastasia also.

3DMonkey

That makes sense. Inspirited= drive towards infinite. Even first density makes it to this point, which is what we and robots are made of.

"Ra: I am Ra. Each step recapitulates intelligent infinity in its discovery of awareness. In a planetary environment all begins in what you would call chaos, energy undirected and random in its infinity. Slowly, in your terms of understanding, there forms a focus of self-awareness. Thus the Logos moves. Light comes to form the darkness, according to the co-Creator’s patterns and vibratory rhythms, so constructing a certain type of experience. This begins with first density which is the density of consciousness, the mineral and water life upon the planet learning from fire and wind the awareness of being. This is the first density."

"19.3 Questioner: When this transition from second to third density takes place, how does the entity, whether it be animal, [vegetable] tree, or mineral, become enspirited?
Ra: I am Ra. Entities do not become enspirited. They become aware of the intelligent energy within each portion, cell, or atom, as you may call it, of its beingness.

This awareness is that which is awareness of that already given. From the infinite come all densities. The self-awareness comes from within given the catalyst of certain experiences understanding, as we may call this particular energy, the upward spiraling of the cell or atom or consciousness.

You may then see that there is an inevitable pull toward the, what you may call, eventual realization of self."

From your quote:
"9.13 Questioner: Then there were second-density entities here prior to approximately 75,000 years ago. What type of entities were these?
Ra: I am Ra. The second density is the density of the higher plant life and animal life which exists without the upward drive towards the infinite. These second-density beings are of an octave of consciousness just as you find various orientations of consciousness among the conscious entities of your vibration."

"19.2 Questioner: Let’s take the point at which an individualized entity of second density is ready for transition to third. Is this second-density being what we would call animal?
Ra: I am Ra. There are three types of second-density entities which become, shall we say, enspirited. The first is the animal. This is the most predominant. The second is the vegetable, most especially that which you call, sound vibration complex, “tree.” These entities are capable of giving and receiving enough love to become individualized. The third is mineral. Occasionally a certain location/place, as you may call it, becomes energized to individuality through the love it receives and gives in relationship to a third-density entity which is in relationship to it. This is the least common transition."

(08-24-2011, 08:35 AM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]Ra said the inspirited m/b complex - now the m/b/s complex - has an 'upward drive towards the infinite'. How is infinity programmed? If you want to read some interesting material on the subject, there is a paper called "Derrida's Machine's" on the web.

The only thing that pieces this all together is that anything experiencing interplay with the infinite is of a spiritual nature. This, basically, leaves nothing "out".
(08-24-2011, 09:18 AM)3DMonkey Wrote: [ -> ]The only thing that pieces this all together is that anything experiencing interplay with the infinite is of a spiritual nature. This, basically, leaves nothing "out".

I think this is more appllicable to "nature".

The created machine/robot would not be an evolved or natural being. A form of synthetic life maybe.
I'm thinking of the holographic doctor from Star Trek Voyager. Very adaptable, though I don't think would have a soul.

3DMonkey

(08-24-2011, 09:42 AM)Pickle Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-24-2011, 09:18 AM)3DMonkey Wrote: [ -> ]The only thing that pieces this all together is that anything experiencing interplay with the infinite is of a spiritual nature. This, basically, leaves nothing "out".

I think this is more appllicable to "nature".

The created machine/robot would not be an evolved or natural being. A form of synthetic life maybe.
How are we different than that? Evolved- oxygen contributed to our evolvement; why can't our hands contribute to evolvement of something new? Is it unnatural for us to create?

Raman

I don't think a 3d being can create an artifact (robot) than can allow incarnation of another 3d being. 3d has created by cloning, genetic manipulation, etc different 'beings' but the base species was already present. In Atlantis, it appeared that this was accomplished in a more 'perfected' way. Also, free will issues seems to be at play.

It seems that a level of Guardian at least is needed to accomplish this. But we know robots exist per Ra talks about how Orions infiltrate in planets. As to if those robots have 'souls', that is not stated, as far as I know.

However, even a 1d entity can have a 3d spirit if I remember well. Some monuments, caves, constructions, can acquire this characteristic. However, it appears to me that this could not be a permanent occurrence.
if a place can become an individual so can a robot.