Bring4th

Full Version: Nothingness
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Unbound

I place this here since formal Philosophy is a subject of science.

Why is there something rather than nothing?

http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/nothingness/
Of course there is such a thing as nothing. When your girlfriend asks you what you're thinking one of the most common answers is "nothing" therefore nothing exists. It is the empty space available for the moments of spontaneous thought only to be emptied after the moment has passed. It's in the nothing that things become something. Think of it like the RAM in your computer that only functions when power is supplied to it and upon removal of that power all things get wiped clean and back to nothing. Of course it's a made object so it is something at the same time. This is when you get close to understanding time/space and space/time complications.

As you stare at a wall you see a wall but there is a lot of nothing in between the wall and your perception/interpretation of that wall. It's called nothing because we as humans are unable to perceive it as something. Just as time is an illusion so are somethings and nothing. Of course it's impossible to prove and that's a part of the game we are burdened with. Many people can't grasp this concept because it's more of a belief then anything else.

Of course if you read what I just said and understand it good for you but I was trying to make a point about nothing so focus on the spaces. They are empty and contain enough room for everything with a strong enough magnification. They contain the GOD particle but sadly they have evaporated already and left nothing behind. Keep up the good work Large Hadron Collider!