Bring4th

Full Version: Findhorn
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

This place has always made me think what a better world might look like...]

http://www.findhorn.org/

One of these days, I'm going there.

Richard
I've been there (to the beach at Findhorn, not the village...it was in 1972).

We named our latest cat Findhorn.

By the way, it's colder than a witch's a$$ there. It's amazing that they get the growth of vegetables that they do.
Mornin Eddie,

Yeah, I gathered from the photos that it must be fairly chilly there. Everyone was wearing heavy sweaters..even while sitting in the sun. Still it looks like they have been pretty successful since the map shows affiliated communities all over the world right now.

1972?...you do go back aways. I was only 15 in 72 Smile

Richard
I've been there!!! It really is beautiful! The cabbages are no longer huge, but the gardens are still prolific! We had a wonderful vegetarian communal meal in this beautiful building. We were embraced by the community. It was a wonderful, magickal place!

And yes, it was chilly; I was there in June (1987) and it was a sunny, but rather cold day.

I have some pictures I could post if you want to see them. Remind me! I'll have to dig them out.

I highly recommend The Findhorn Garden - it's a great read! Very inspiring!
(09-02-2011, 03:08 PM)Bring4th_Monica Wrote: [ -> ]I've been there!!! It really is beautiful! The cabbages are no longer huge, but the gardens are still prolific! We had a wonderful vegetarian communal meal in this beautiful building. We were embraced by the community. It was a wonderful, magickal place!

And yes, it was chilly; I was there in June (1987) and it was a sunny, but rather cold day.

I have some pictures I could post if you want to see them. Remind me! I'll have to dig them out.

I highly recommend The Findhorn Garden - it's a great read! Very inspiring!
The community that they create or are trying to create...its what I imagine is as close to 4D as 3D will allow. I say this as someone on the outside looking in of course. I have no doubt they have as many problems as the rest of us...but its (or to me anyway) how they appear to apply their spirituality to their lives and sense of community.

How would we live as a community in 4D...practically speaking?

I'd love to see your pictures.

Richard