Bring4th

Full Version: Doctor who.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok. My family(mom sister and brother(not my dad he doesn't like doctor who)) sat down to watch doctor who(the girl who waited episode) and a syncronisity(Sp?) type thing happened(well actually two things). We were in the middle of the episode when I paused it so people could get more food and go to the bathroom and my brother started reading the words on his vitamin water bottle and it said something about how when waching your favorite show you can fall into a type of time warp and start to be identifiable by not only your fingerprints but also your couch print. And if you watch the episode you will know why that is so funny. After that we continued watching the episode and finished it and when we were done pandora came on suddenly(we have a Logitech tv thing) and guess what the song was... If you seek Amy by Britiny spears. That was so unexpected that it shocked a laugh out of me and now I am in high spirits and the grandest of moods. SmileSmile lol. Just wanted to share that for all and if any of you have seen That episode then hopefully this puts a smile to your face. Smile

Thanks,
Conifer16
Adonai Vasu Borragus
Oh and maybe this thread could be used to discuss doctor who and rave about how awesome of a show it is.Smile so I'll start who is your favorite doctor? Mine is the current one Matt smith the 11th doctor.

3DMonkey

I have no clue about the show. Old or new. Confusing. ... but your story is nice. I love life at these kind of moments.
The episode had to do with trying to find and rescue a Charecter called Amy Pond from a different time stream them the other two main Charecters(the doctor, and Rory Williams) and so the time stream and the Charecters Amy Pond were the two Syncronistic things that happened. Also I would like to highly recommend Doctor who as it is IMO one of the greatest shows of all time. And Netflix has all the seasons except for the most recent one.

3DMonkey

The original? Isn't there a revised version, or something? I've looked into it, but I fell short on engaging it.
I have only watched the re-boot which started in 2005 so I can't recommend the classic series as I haven't seen it yet but I do recommend the re-boot. And for me I watched the last episode that can be watched on Netflix because I couldn't get Into doctor who before that and decided to try it one more time. Then fell in love with it, started at the beginning of the season that I had watched the last episode of then watched from the beginning of the re-boot. I really loved how the show used time travel and how it is so spontaneous and quirky and that is what drew me in.

Thanks,
Conifer16
Adonai Vasu Borragus
WOW i love doctor who ( starting 2005)

I haven't watched yesterday's episode yet, was it any good ?
what fantastic synchronicities, quite funny really, love lighthearted nudges like that BigSmile

my son and i are both big doctor who fans, it's a fantastic programme. matt smith has usurped tom baker as my favourite doctor - tom baker (4th doctor) was the doctor when i was a child but matt smith is just magical

3d monkey - dr who is a uk sci fi show that will be 50 years old in 2013, it ran fairly continuously till the late 80s and then lost its way, but it was revived in 2005 and its been spectacularly successful. it used to be made fun of for its obvious low budget, wobbly walls, dodgy aliens etc, but the stories and ideas within the plots are fabulous, this series is by far my favourite, such interesting story arcs and some beautiful stand alone stories, last nights episode was fascinating but heartbreaking
(09-11-2011, 03:45 AM)drifting pages Wrote: [ -> ]WOW i love doctor who ( starting 2005)

I haven't watched yesterday's episode yet, was it any good ?

I really liked it, but others in the fandom have written about how they think it is to much like the doll story of last week or the plot made no sense and stuff like that. Which I find very hard to understand because to me I didn't get a doll vibe and it was extremely easy to follow the plot which I thought was put together well. Now I can't wait to see what Trevor,Tom,and James have to say about it(the doctor who podcast).

Thanks,
Conifer16
Adonai Vasu Borragus
Hello Everyone, New woman on this thread. Wanderer I am I am. I just love Dr. Who!
So excited to meet you all. Matt Smith is doing an excellent job. Just saw seasons 5...4 and 2. What are your idea's are of how this show is affecting the minds of so many people world wide. What thoughts of how it may or may not relate to the bring4th. I'm new and have much to learn. Also been learning along my path and am trying to intergrate everything.
Advice/suggustions are welcome, if they are acted on is up to how relavent they are at the moment. Nice to meet you :)

Clips from BBC America http://videos.bbcamerica.com/category/27.../Season-6/