Bring4th

Full Version: Vibration of language: culture and culture conditioning
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
IMHO, the tone/rhythm/visual look of language contains the vibration of a specific human group, it was developed only as a communication tool first but it help perpetual a specific culture - a second personality shell for us.

Most of the differences between cultures are due to differences between languages:

- ways of thinking, ie, American vs British due to different accents. American accent is more loud/bombastic/exaggerated, their manner reflect the same; British accent sound more controlled and "twisted", so they are much more "kinky", say British can be very traditional but also extremely open and progressive, say they are willing to show gentiles in TV documentary unlike American whose ego is defended by ridiculing things like being gay or wearing speedo.

French language sounds very romantic and sensual with a lot of tough movement, this is reflect in very aspect of culture.

The difference between the aesthetics in industrial design between Japanese and American products, ie; xbox 360 vs ps3, sony mp3 vs ipods, their congested website design and robots design in anime. Japanese characters and their voicing has a very mechanical feel to it, this reflects.

German language has also a very orderly and military sound to it, no wonder their people are very organized too.

Another perspective is through music, due to difference in tone/rhythm of language, there is different music style with different emotional impact. German classical music is more solemn, French is more fluid and romantic, Chinese is more you know...

It is particularly clear from the music perspective how language and the culture it perpetuated affect our body/mind/spirit since music is known to have effect on chakras. After all language is the most basic human expression, and this expression reflect ourselves, but I hope negative expression will not imprint on us through language.

What are your thoughts?
what does this say about being Australian?
where are you from Kano?

i wouldn't call american accents bombastic. everyone talks in their own way. and i don't like when people glorify countries as more progessive or something. americans have great tradition, evolution and spirit.
(09-11-2011, 03:11 AM)kanonathena Wrote: [ -> ]IMHO, the tone/rhythm/visual look of language contains the vibration of a specific human group, it was developed only as a communication tool first but it help perpetual a specific culture - a second personality shell for us.

Most of the differences between cultures are due to differences between languages: (bold added)

- ways of thinking, ie, American vs British due to different accents. American accent is more loud/bombastic/exaggerated, their manner reflect the same; British accent sound more controlled and "twisted", so they are much more "kinky", say British can be very traditional but also extremely open and progressive, say they are willing to show gentiles in TV documentary unlike American whose ego is defended by ridiculing things like being gay or wearing speedo.

French language sounds very romantic and sensual with a lot of tough movement, this is reflect in very aspect of culture.

The difference between the aesthetics in industrial design between Japanese and American products, ie; xbox 360 vs ps3, sony mp3 vs ipods, their congested website design and robots design in anime. Japanese characters and their voicing has a very mechanical feel to it, this reflects.

German language has also a very orderly and military sound to it, no wonder their people are very organized too.

Another perspective is through music, due to difference in tone/rhythm of language, there is different music style with different emotional impact. German classical music is more solemn, French is more fluid and romantic, Chinese is more you know...

It is particularly clear from the music perspective how language and the culture it perpetuated affect our body/mind/spirit since music is known to have effect on chakras. After all language is the most basic human expression, and this expression reflect ourselves, but I hope negative expression will not imprint on us through language.

What are your thoughts?

My experience teaches me that there is no such thing as a single accent from any country. I have visited England, Scotland, Wales, France, Germany, Tahiti, Canada and Mexico, and have lived in various parts of the US. I have found that "accents" can vary dramatically within a very small geographical region. The lyrical aspect of language, the tone, timbre, cadence and colloquialisms are parochial rather than national in nature.

So I think, referring to the bolded statement you made, I would say it is more the other way around: differences in language reflect differences in culture.