Bring4th

Full Version: Acquiring Material Possessions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Although material wealth is not a mark of negativity, it's acquisition is a tool used very frequently by negatives, because it provides great opportunity for exerting power and feeling elite.

I had forgotten about this and have not yet integrated it into my notions about the Experience of the Mind. My initial reaction is that the material wealth is an opportunity for the mind to see itself as elite and deserving of power. So the Emperor, having already grasped this, adorns himself with his wealth as sign of confidence in his eliteness.
Opportunity to express yellow and orange-ray selfhood. If you're still identifying with material possessions (using them to reinforce eliteness), then you haven't polarized to the point of having a significant service orientation, regardless of polarity.

it is not that complex.

acquisition of material wealth is acquisition of red or orange vibration material. which is actually, red or orange vibration parts of infinite intelligence. and then claiming it and controlling it on the name of self as a unit -> adding those red and orange to one's own self. with the complicated ownership schemes we have in our modern day capitalism, ownership scheme also allows control of entities or social outfits that one adds to his/her possessions. this brings in yellow ray to the mix.

it basically fulfills the requirements of clogging/blocking first 3 energy centers, and therefore fulfills definition of negative. you basically take and use the first 3 levels of emissions of infinite intelligence in this octave, for your own self. instead of emitting your own energies.

I am attempting to fit the notion of material acquisition into the context of this specific card. This is the experience of the mind, and because the proper domain of the mind in relation to itself is lifting the veil between the conscious and unconscious, the experience of the mind must therefore be take the form of reshaping the matrix in order to accommodate new knowledge. The Emperor is the belief system tweaked, which thereby allows greater confidence in maintaining such a belief system.

That said, I am aware that material possessions are a cornerstone of the process of negative evolution, allowing greater means of power exertion. But, I'm not exactly sure yet how this fits into the process of recognizing catalyst pertaining to the mind in its view of itself. My best guess is that the processing of this catalyst for polarizing negative involves a feeling of eliteness.

I must also emphasize that the path of the negative is not to seek blockage in red-yellow rays. These rays must be open and balanced, moreso than for positive polarity. The blockage that the negative adept seeks is green and blue. Thus, with the kundalini bursting upward through through the yellow ray, it must find a new path to indigo without making use of the intentionally blocked green and blue rays centers.
Lets clarify the meanings of acquiring material possessions. We all acquire material possessions or we wouldn't be alive. If someone's life revolved around the never ending quest to possess more and more then they have an addiction. They are likely to be more STS polarized, but a well polarized STS entity wouldn't care very much about acquiring material possessions because they can get almost anything they want through sheer will power (magic, visualization, manipulating people, etc.).

Someone on the STO path doesn't have to be a hermit. I'm sure there are many people on the STO path who not only live comfortably but are rich. Money can be used to help people, it can also be used to give someone comfort who considers their path difficult but still sticks to it and doesn't want to resort to drug addiction or something like that. I think this topic is reading too deeply into one haphazard statement by Ra, Ra said that wasn't even the meaning they intended in the first place, just that they find Don's interpretation quite acceptable.

Everything is fine in moderation whether acquiring material possessions, using mood changing substances, or drinking water. Too much or too little of anything can be harmful.
actually, acquisition of material possessions cannot be a cornerstone of negative evolution. negative path is the path of control over others. this may be anything - basically trying to control infinite intelligence - not only other entities. trying to add external red material or orange material to the self, is actually a behavior of orange ray. so, we can say that acquisition of material wealth, is more linked to anything orange ray blockage, than anything else. and, this orange ray blockage seems to be the main perpetrator of most of the problems we see in this society.

however, the ownership system is as of this point is a well developed, well organized system that pushes for more control of other entities for resource/wealth generation for self. or, in cases which this fortunately may not apply - due to expertise cases etc, then your skill is valued and you can make good money with your skills - this time due to feelings of elitism. so, it eventually pushes the entity towards a negative format.
Unity, by "cornerstone," I only meant that it is one of the most powerful and consistent tools. I do not mean that material acquisition lies at the heart of the matter -- but I do think that it is commonly used as part of the foundation of the negative path.

Otherwise, I agree with you.

Again, my primary point here is that if we are talking about the processing of catalyst whose content is information about the unconscious mind, then material wealth must signify something to the conscious mind about the mind as a whole. My best guess is that what it signifies, what it reveals that is within the unconscious, is eliteness.
im saying that acquisition of material possessions is actually not directly helpful to negatively polarizing entity.
Ra says that negatively polarizing entities often program for wealth because it is conducive to distortions toward power. Are you saying, then, that this programming is an artifact of the particular environment of Earth?
(09-18-2011, 04:53 PM)JustLikeYou Wrote: [ -> ]Ra says that negatively polarizing entities often program for wealth because it is conducive to distortions toward power. Are you saying, then, that this programming is an artifact of the particular environment of Earth?

yes. the system of earth has been more geared for use of material possessions to acquire power over others, despite it is inefficient. normally they should attempt to do it directly.

Well, efficient evolution along the negative path entails enslaving a population by their own free will. One powerful way to do this is to deceive them, and indirect systems like money are a means of doing this. I think the environment on Earth necessitates this kind of enslavement, though on planets less positively oriented, it is probably easier to brainwash the slave class without indirect methods like money. Plato's Republic actually offers just such a possibility.

What, then, is your interpretation of this comment about material possessions?
What a loaded discussion! On earth we cannot live without some possessions, unless we are so spiritually advanced that we do not need clothing or food. As Ra continues to explain the Fourth Card in Session 95, 21,22,23, one can read that the intention of the adept becomes important. One on the positive path is guarded by the cat. The length of the skirt symbolizes how close others can get to the wearer.
My personal thinking is that to serve others, one must be somewhat attractive, in the plain sense of having enough clothes to keep one's clothing clean and "polished." There are extremes in both directions, but the intention of the adept remains important.
Book Four has been quite a challenge for me! Reading, re-reading, summarizing. Glad to "hear" all of your postings.
I'm glad you brought up the skirt, cosmiclady. In tandem with the bag of money, we can extrapolate that others cannot get close because the concept of elitism creates a boundary between the self and the other. I imagine that even those of the elite class all think they are more elite than everyone else.
I'd say stay detached from ownership of what you "have".
Perhaps it represents attachment to the physical manifestations of creation. Wanting to keep it close to the hip and guard it with fear that others will take it. Rather than sharing it freely with joy and love. Where it would be in the outstretched hand of giving.

Heart + :idea:
i think people should have at least some items that are theirs. if one needs to own stuff because that's their way of making it sacred, i think that's ok. i don't believe in sharing everything. that's like sharing your toothbrush. but most of my "stuff" is not that important to me. but if a lot of stuff makes someone happy i don't paint them STS. if i was rich i'd get a room just for sand.
(11-16-2011, 09:21 AM)Oceania Wrote: [ -> ]if i was rich i'd get a room just for sand.

Haha BigSmile
my dream house would have a room for sand. and a room for water. and a room for climbing. and a room for swinging. BigSmile
You need to go and find yourself a warm beach, and build yourself a hut :¬)
it doesn't even cost anything, i'd have that stuff instead of furniture.
Exactly :¬)
(09-18-2011, 01:09 PM)unity100 Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.lawofone.info/results.php?ses...=1&ss=1#28

Attachment to objects creates a drag on the motion of the seeker, as represented by the weight of the bag falling counter to the garment. It is not the acquisition of wealth, but the attachment to it, as symbolized by a bag being worn around the waist. In the Path of the Seeker, it may appear as if the contents of the bag (material possessions) are important, but they are not. And in many ways can be a hindrance. The more material possessions under one's care, the more time/space needs to be devoted to the control and maintenance of said possessions, thus leaving less available for forward motion upon the Path.
Accumulating material possessions as a device for power, separatism, or even the avoidance of looking within, seems a negative use of money (our current system of exchange).

However, money, in this present society, to me, only represents choices. Those choices would hopefully be conscious.

As many have already stated, unless one is an advanced being who can survive here with no clothing, way to prepare food, etc (and if they are so adept, what are they doing here?), one requires some material possessions. They are just things, that may bring joy to the individual, like Oceania's room of sand. The real issue then, is not in the accumulation of things, but in the motivation and intention.
(11-19-2011, 07:48 PM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: [ -> ]Attachment to objects creates a drag on the motion of the seeker, as represented by the weight of the bag falling counter to the garment. It is not the acquisition of wealth, but the attachment to it, as symbolized by a bag being worn around the waist. In the Path of the Seeker, it may appear as if the contents of the bag (material possessions) are important, but they are not. And in many ways can be a hindrance. The more material possessions under one's care, the more time/space needs to be devoted to the control and maintenance of said possessions, thus leaving less available for forward motion upon the Path.

Good points. Certainly attachment is a key factor.

But there is the consideration that in service to others, there may be possessions under one's care, such as a piece of land (service to the Earth, plants, animals), a trust or charity for helping humans in need. I think it is easy to isolate one's self and think one is progressing (I have done it), but to be of service can sometimes involve having "things" under one's care.
Hi all,

Which part in the session 94, refers to the acquiring of material possessions?
I'd love to further discuss the subject from a quote...

For my part, I see that all material objects are made of Light and are alive in a way. They are all made from the living Light. As such, I respect all material things, meaning that I do not despise them. Each comes with a function to accomplish and a service to render. My way of relationship with them is to respect and to help them rendering the service which they came to accomplish upon this plane. I even communicate with 'things' when needed. Usually, the object which comes into my life is here to help and succeeds to render very good service. And I feel grateful for their light. For example, I greatly appreciate my old printer and always congratulate it for the wonderful service it renders in the work of spreading learning and therefore furthering awareness.
Though I am not trying to acquire objects, what I need for my life, usually happily comes my way. I like to think that they are happy with me because I value their light and respect their service. After all, they are part of the Creator.

L/L
(12-13-2011, 02:15 PM)Diana Wrote: [ -> ]However, money, in this present society, to me, only represents choices.

I wish that were wholly the case! Unfortunately, due to the global social contract known as "Bretton Woods" the dollar is actually a representation of petroleum.

Quote:But there is the consideration that in service to others, there may be possessions under one's care, such as a piece of land (service to the Earth, plants, animals), a trust or charity for helping humans in need. I think it is easy to isolate one's self and think one is progressing (I have done it), but to be of service can sometimes involve having "things" under one's care.

Yes. I think it is wise to move from a concept of "ownership" to "stewardship". But then this gets back to the money issue- where we currently perceive that "ownership" results from a transfer of money, which in turn is actually a representation of petroleum.

So it is all a fine mess in which we find ourselves. We have to participate in society to some degree. Well... we don't "have to" but there probably isn't a lot of polarization to be gained living as a total recluse.

(12-14-2011, 09:45 AM)Whitefeather Wrote: [ -> ]Which part in the session 94, refers to the acquiring of material possessions?

94.28 Wrote:Questioner: The skirt is extended toward the left hand but is somewhat shorter toward the right. There is a black bag hanging from the belt of the entity on the left side. It seems to me that this black bag has a meaning of the acquiring of the material possessions of wealth as a part of the left-hand path. Would Ra comment on that?

Ra: I am Ra. Although this meaning was not intended by Ra as part of this complex of concepts we find the interpretation quite acceptable.

Whitefeather Wrote:For my part, I see that all material objects are made of Light and are alive in a way. They are all made from the living Light.

This is certainly congruent with the philosophy promoted by Ra when they walked among humanity.

2.2 Wrote:It was our naїve belief that we could teach/learn by direct contact and the free will distortions of individual feeling or personality were in no danger, we thought, of being disturbed as these cultures were already closely aligned with an all-embracing belief in the live-ness or consciousness of all.
(12-14-2011, 01:34 PM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: [ -> ]Yes. I think it is wise to move from a concept of "ownership" to "stewardship". But then this gets back to the money issue- where we currently perceive that "ownership" results from a transfer of money, which in turn is actually a representation of petroleum.

So it is all a fine mess in which we find ourselves. We have to participate in society to some degree. Well... we don't "have to" but there probably isn't a lot of polarization to be gained living as a total recluse.

This has been an issue for me--resisting reclusivity Smile. It's so true that without contact with the world and others, little gain can be had in terms of spiritual growth because of lack of catalyst.

As for money: although what you say is true, intention does count on a certain level. So, in spite of the world situation with transnational corps and global banks and petroleum, I can use money with intention, to create choices, share resources, and help me steward what is in my care. Surely these intentions and actions will add light to the world, thereby countering the darkness.
Money in this world is just a form of energy. It's neither negative or positive, its there for us to use. You can use it as a STS or as a STO energy. Not all people with money are STS, many use their fortunes to help the needed and to serve others. Look at Bill Gates and how much he has spent of his fortunes to do this. Money and the material things that is purchased from it can be used by either side. Think of how much help a STO oriented person can do if they were a billionaire. As with all things in this world, you are given a free will of choice when you decide to use any catalyst or energy in this world. It's all borrowed energy anyways. Let it flow.
If you imagine abundance, you may find people giving you money. It's just another responsibility.
Pages: 1 2