Bring4th

Full Version: First post after reading so MUCH!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all, this is my first post. I discovered this site by reading the info over at http://www.lawofone.info and I got to there from discovery Edgar Cayce a few years ago. I guess I’ve always known there is so much more to our existence then what is taught to us.
My journey started when I was 12 or 13. I met Jesus one fall day. I was reading a DragonLance book propped up on my bed under my window. The next moment I see Jesus in the distance with his right hand raised kinda like he was waving to me. I don’t recall remembering any sounds but I must have been screaming to him because I knew I couldn’t stay. I distincally remember 2 beings that I couldn’t see, had their arms locked into mine and dragging me away.
The next thing I remember I was dumped back into my body and I was physically reaching out my window for Jesus. I thought my chest was going to explode because of the tremendous sense of love and peace I felt. I yearn to feel that feeling again. I often think if every human could experience that feeling for just ONE second there would be no more hatred on this planet.
I mostly forgot about meeting Jesus until I was 26 or 27, I’m 35 now. I was surfing the interwebs at work trying to find something to do (my job was very boring) and I stumbled across Edgar Cayce. I read, and read, and read everything I could find on him. My favorite site was near-death.com I loved reading about other people’s experience with the afterlife.
It was during the many months that I read about Cayce that my mind overloaded on all the information. I would sit at work for minutes and just try to wrap my head around what I had just read: THAT WE ARE ALL ONE. It was unbelievable to me but it FELT so right and so PERFECT. I’ve gone to church and I KNOW that Jesus and GOD exist in some way. But I guess I’ve always felt that we as humans are never getting ALL the facts or something is always missing from what we are taught.
After remembering my encounter with Jesus and that tremendous feeling I had always been able to recall that feeling and it would brighten my day. I knew I had something personal and precious with that memory. The feeling was maybe only 2% of what is was that day but it was still magnificent.
When my wife was pregnant was with our second girl (about 4 years ago) she was having a lot of lower back and siatic pain. I remember standing in the kitchen one day and placing my hand on her lower back and just kinda silently asking the Universe if I could trade-in my feeling (rememberance of Jesus) if it would make her back feel better.
She never said anything to me but she also never complained about her back hurting again. I’ve also never been able to reconnect with that feeling again. I can still vividly remember seeing Jesus standing there with his right arm raised and the feeling of the 2 ‘people’ pulling me away but I cannot reconnect with that wonderous feeling. I yearn to feel that again but I also know if the ‘trade’ worked that it was completely worth it.
I think about a year ago now I was having a good day. I can’t remember why or what happened but I had an urging to go to bed early. So around 9pm I slipped into bed and as soon as I closed my eyes I could see ‘light’. It was like a massive strobe light in the night sky. I remember seeing a sci-fi rendition of a blackhole or wormhole and it was beautiful. I remember breathing so deeply I thought my lungs were going to burst. I just kept on breathing in and in and in! Then I would slowly exhale and my body felt electrified. I could feel my body, every single cell, was burning or something. I don’t know exactly but it was great! I felt nothing but peace throughout the whole experience.
It probably only lasted a few minutes but I wished it could have lasted longer. I have no memory of what I did that day. I’m guessing I did something pretty good that made someone ‘up there’ happy and I was rewarded with that experience. I’ve never tried mediating so I know I didn’t bring this on myself. I’ve mediated since then and I cannot repeat what happened to me. If anyone could give me some pointers on what to try I would be greatly appreciated.
I’m at a new job that is mostly boring again so I have lots of time to read. I’ve been scrolling through and reading all the great information here. I must say being raised a Christian some of this is so very hard to believe but yet some of it feels so right. It’s a difficult position I find myself in. I try to reconcile my understanding and the teachings of the church but there is so much more information out there. I try to blend them together so they make sense but it’s hard.
I think I’ve come to the conclusion, a lot based on Edgar Cayce, that the bible is a great GUILD book and it has a lot of good lessons in it. But as a thinking and loving person it’s my responsibility to open my mind and heart and learn everything I can.
Thanks all for a great site. There are lots of terms I don’t understand like STS and what all the different colors of light mean but I’m reading and learning. If anyone can give me some good threads to start reading instead of what I’m doing now: oh, I like that title of this thread, let me read…
Much love and Peace all

3DMonkey

Wonderful story.

Stick with your gut feelings. None of these threads will have any definitive answers, only catalyst. From your story, the way you have proceeded thus far sounds like the perfect path to take.

I am your age as well. My fourth child is due to be born this coming Friday. I have also had occasional intuition that I can heal others as you described.

Join us in the Treehugger's Treehouse. It is a place for like minded camaraderie, a thread for fun.

Meerie

Yes those boring jobs, they are truly a blessing.... I can relate, I also found this site thru surfing the web at my boring job Smile
And your post reminds me of something else. A couple years ago, I was sitting on the bus when I saw a man standing on the sidewalk. The street was perfectly deserted and he stood there, clad in white, long hair and his whole body emitted bright light. I remember thinking "Wow... this must be Jesus!" The bus went on, and I turned around to take one more look at him but he had disappeared. It made quite an impression on me.
So welcome to the forum, brother!
Heart
(09-19-2011, 09:10 AM)3DMonkey Wrote: [ -> ]Join us in the Treehugger's Treehouse. It is a place for like minded camaraderie, a thread for fun.

Good tip Monkey! BigSmile

Welcome Luuchie!! I´m 35 too and can relate to some of your story. Make yourself at home brother Heart

(09-19-2011, 09:10 AM)3DMonkey Wrote: [ -> ]Hi 3D, thanks for the reply. Where is the Treehugger's Treehouse?

Wonderful story.

Stick with your gut feelings. None of these threads will have any definitive answers, only catalyst. From your story, the way you have proceeded thus far sounds like the perfect path to take.

I am your age as well. My fourth child is due to be born this coming Friday. I have also had occasional intuition that I can heal others as you described.

Join us in the Treehugger's Treehouse. It is a place for like minded camaraderie, a thread for fun.

(09-19-2011, 09:23 AM)Meerie Wrote: [ -> ]yeah, boring jobs make the day go by slowly but it's great for personal learning. Seeing a guy in bright light on a deserted street corner would have made an impression on me too!
Yes those boring jobs, they are truly a blessing.... I can relate, I also found this site thru surfing the web at my boring job Smile
And your post reminds me of something else. A couple years ago, I was sitting on the bus when I saw a man standing on the sidewalk. The street was perfectly deserted and he stood there, clad in white, long hair and his whole body emitted bright light. I remember thinking "Wow... this must be Jesus!" The bus went on, and I turned around to take one more look at him but he had disappeared. It made quite an impression on me.
So welcome to the forum, brother!
Heart

Welcome in this forum!
This is an amazing place, and you are destined to be here if you have found it, so do not worry about joining in conversations and such.
A slight warning though: if you do not feel like participating in "life and death-heavy discussion wars" that sometimes goes around, most frequently regarding whether Harvest will be intense or not, simply lay back and do not bother.

Post in threads that resonate with you, and it will be alright. : ) And stick to your experiences, because they can change the way you see everything around you. It is so easy to fall back into the ordinary and the separation, but that is not all there is out there.
Hello luuchie - welcome to bring4th - I'm new, too, and like you, came from the christian path. So, I understand what you mean when you say that you were raised a christian, but that the information here "feels so right.!" I feel that way, too. Oldern gave you some good advice, trust yourself and your own experience, and keep sharing with us!

Light and love!