Bring4th

Full Version: tried to meditate last night
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,
I discovered this site and all it's wonderful material a few weeks ago and i've been reading through the posts for hours everyday trying to understand all the new-to-me info here.

So last night after my girls were asleep i tried to meditate. I've only tried a few times in past without much luck at anything. I would mostly feel relaxed but nothing past that except for the one night i talked about in my first post here earlier this week.

I started breathing deeply and just after a few seconds i got very nervous, almost scared. I needed to open my eyes to see what was going on in my bedroom. I felt like someone was there but not in a good way. Frankly it really scared me to the point i gave up even trying to meditate. I really felt like someone was watching me. I got a little tingly inside and that's when i gave up and didn't try again.

Is there something i should be doing before i meditate? There's so much info on this site and the Q'uo readings. I was reading a lot of David Wilcock's stuff so i'm wondering if i just set myself up for failure. Did I open myself up to something? I'm not really worried that i couldn't meditate last night but i am worried about the feeling i got when i got 'tingly' inside and felt like someone else was there. I'm wondering if i just overloaded my mind with all this new information.

Any suggestions or ideas would be great.
Thanks all

Meerie

You could visualize protection before meditating... like being surrounded with white light, coming directly from the creator. Or say a little prayer and ask for protection during your meditation.
so before i even start meditating say a little prayer and ask for protection? is there anything in particular i should ask for protection against? I'm going to try again tonight just to see if i was in a weird mood last night.
thanks for the reply
(09-23-2011, 08:11 AM)Meerie Wrote: [ -> ]You could visualize protection before meditating... like being surrounded with white light, coming directly from the creator. Or say a little prayer and ask for protection during your meditation.

Hi there. Grounding is also important. You can visualize yourself connected to the center of the Earth.

Fear creeps in when our mind goes unbalanced.

Just realize the fears you see and fear are part of yourself, coming to the surface.

We all have a Universe within us.

Much Love and Light,

- Gemini Wolf
ok thanks. I'll give that a try. I will say a prayer before i start and then visualize myself grounded as i start to meditate. Sounds like a plan!
Thanks again
(09-23-2011, 08:37 AM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there. Grounding is also important. You can visualize yourself connected to the center of the Earth.

Fear creeps in when our mind goes unbalanced.

Just realize the fears you see and fear are part of yourself, coming to the surface.

We all have a Universe within us.

Much Love and Light,

- Gemini Wolf

Try finding a time during the day to meditate. It's meditating at night that's bothering you..you feel like something is around you or watching you. I used to feel the same way.
(09-23-2011, 08:11 AM)Meerie Wrote: [ -> ]You could visualize protection before meditating... like being surrounded with white light, coming directly from the creator. Or say a little prayer and ask for protection during your meditation.

Meerie is right.

I went through the exact same thing with my first try. I had a presence show up to my left, then one to my right. What I found out later is that I was crossing over to the astral, even though I was not aware of it. I did not know until I had already brought back an astral entity trying to attach itself to me. I think it was my 3rd try that I had what felt like someone rubbing their thumb across my left temple, kind of pushing/wipng. While these things were interesting, I was not sure what they were.

You do need to create a shielding program, which is super simple, and you just need to overcome the "disbelief" that is in your way of accomplishing it. It is as simple as imagining another layer of "skin" about an inch or two outward of your real skin, and filling that skin with the color/frequency/vibration/aura of your choosing, programming that layer to be a type of firewall that is porous allowing only the frequencies of love through the pores. You can program this like "all negative frequencies cannot pass through this shield" or whatever sounds good to you. A command line such as "activate" can be used to start the program before you undertake anything. You can use the program any time you wish by just saying/thinking the word.

Programs are super simple, in the exact way that a hypnotist would do. I would recommend that you look into books on hypnotism as a way to understand how to connect to your subconscious and understand how to work with it and modify it.
is a prayer enough? i can't program my mind like that very easily.
(09-23-2011, 09:54 AM)Icaro Wrote: [ -> ]Try finding a time during the day to meditate. It's meditating at night that's bothering you..you feel like something is around you or watching you. I used to feel the same way.

This may be very useful, until you get used to your own way to "get there", luuchie. Most people are prone to instinctively and unwittingly feel safer in light. Find your own "warm safety" tool - prayer, One's light visualization, light shell...

I tried to began too fast... Not a good idea, of course.

So then I looked firstly just for the sheer pleasure of being relaxed, bodily relaxed. Mind stillness uses to be more difficult the get, but I would say sooner or later it comes. One day it appears, maybe for just a while, but then you know it and know how it feels and, so, you know what to look for.

Take your time and enjoy!
sweet. i'll try to come up with something simple this afternoon so i can try again tonight, or maybe this evening. It's tough to find the time during the day when my 5 and 3 year olds what to play. There isn't anything better in my humble opinion then spending time with 2 little kids who are so full of life and innocence. Maybe i can put an episode of Dora on and try meditating again.

THANKS!
(09-23-2011, 10:00 AM)Pickle Wrote: [ -> ]

Meerie is right.

I went through the exact same thing with my first try. I had a presence show up to my left, then one to my right. What I found out later is that I was crossing over to the astral, even though I was not aware of it. I did not know until I had already brought back an astral entity trying to attach itself to me. I think it was my 3rd try that I had what felt like someone rubbing their thumb across my left temple, kind of pushing/wipng. While these things were interesting, I was not sure what they were.

You do need to create a shielding program, which is super simple, and you just need to overcome the "disbelief" that is in your way of accomplishing it. It is as simple as imagining another layer of "skin" about an inch or two outward of your real skin, and filling that skin with the color/frequency/vibration/aura of your choosing, programming that layer to be a type of firewall that is porous allowing only the frequencies of love through the pores. You can program this like "all negative frequencies cannot pass through this shield" or whatever sounds good to you. A command line such as "activate" can be used to start the program before you undertake anything. You can use the program any time you wish by just saying/thinking the word.

Programs are super simple, in the exact way that a hypnotist would do. I would recommend that you look into books on hypnotism as a way to understand how to connect to your subconscious and understand how to work with it and modify it.

yeah, maybe i'll just start simple by relaxing my body and mind. After i feel safe and comfortable i'll move on.

THANKS!!
(09-23-2011, 11:05 AM)Odinn Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-23-2011, 09:54 AM)Icaro Wrote: [ -> ]Try finding a time during the day to meditate. It's meditating at night that's bothering you..you feel like something is around you or watching you. I used to feel the same way.

This may be very useful, until you get used to your own way to "get there", luuchie. Most people is prone to instinctively and unwittingly feel safer in light. Find your own "warm safety" tool - prayer, One's light visualization, light shell...

I tried to began too fast... Not a good idea, of course.

So then I looked firstly just for the sheer pleasure of being relaxed, bodily relaxed. Mind stillness uses to be more difficult the get, but I would say sooner or later it comes. One day it appears, maybe for just a while, but then you know it and know how it feels and, so, you know what to look for.

Take your time and enjoy!

(09-23-2011, 10:52 AM)Oceania Wrote: [ -> ]is a prayer enough? i can't program my mind like that very easily.
Of course yes, Ocean. Some people prefer the term, Affirmation. With that, instead of asking for protection, you just announce that you have it. E.g., "I have all the protection I need to prevent something happening to me as I meditate now. I have light all around me. My higher self loves and protects me as always. I will meditate with no disturbance and will feel the love of the Infinite One."

Adjust the words to be your own.

Heart
(09-23-2011, 07:26 AM)luuchie Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all,
I discovered this site and all it's wonderful material a few weeks ago and i've been reading through the posts for hours everyday trying to understand all the new-to-me info here.

Hi, luuchie! Welcome!

luuchie Wrote:I started breathing deeply and just after a few seconds i got very nervous, almost scared. I needed to open my eyes to see what was going on in my bedroom. I felt like someone was there but not in a good way. Frankly it really scared me to the point i gave up even trying to meditate. I really felt like someone was watching me. I got a little tingly inside and that's when i gave up and didn't try again.

I understand this sensation that you feel is actually part of a release of norepinephrine induced by deep breathing. I would recommend you research the effects of this neurotransmitter on the body in order to confirm this is the case. Norepinephrine also acts on the fear center of the brain called the amygdala. If not balanced by the presence of other chemicals that induce the feeling of "safety" this can cause distress.

It is true that there are negative entities "around". However it is also true that there are many more positive entities around. If you fall into fear, you will draw these negative entities to you, with all the appurtenant confusion and manipulation. Please realize it is the FEAR that calls the negative ones- not the other way around. It is normal for us to feel fear. However there is no reason to fear the fear. In the moment we feel fear, we can request to become aware of its opposite vibration of "love" which is present in all time/spaces and space/times without exception.

Quote:Is there something i should be doing before i meditate?

Nobody likes to be "should" upon. However there are a whole host of things which you may do to prepare. For example, you can contemplate upon all the love and light which surrounds you at all times. You may call upon beings which can reinforce any quality you wish to experience in yourself... such as that feeling of being "safe" or "unconditionally loved" or whatever you would wish.

If you can conceive of a feeling, there are those who can help to amplify that feeling through the mechanism of calling. This includes negative feelings such as fear. There are those who offer every type of service imaginable. Therefore, it is helpful to be very clear about what you want beforehand.

Finally, I would recommend to ponder upon the sense of "urgency" that you are feeling regarding meditation. Why is this there? Where did it come from?

Remember, you can take all the "baby steps" you want. There is no reason to try to force yourself to move faster than is comfortable.

(09-23-2011, 01:33 PM)kycahi Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-23-2011, 10:52 AM)Oceania Wrote: [ -> ]is a prayer enough? i can't program my mind like that very easily.
Of course yes, Ocean. Some people prefer the term, Affirmation. With that, instead of asking for protection, you just announce that you have it. E.g., "I have all the protection I need to prevent something happening to me as I meditate now. I have light all around me. My higher self loves and protects me as always. I will meditate with no disturbance and will feel the love of the Infinite One."

Heart

These are some great observations and suggestions. I see "protection" as a bridge or a stepping stone to the understanding/awareness that it is not necessary. There is no reason to fear the dark ones if one is firmly rooted in who they are. But there is nothing "wrong" with requesting protection, either. It is all part of the process.

"Finally, I would recommend to ponder upon the sense of "urgency" that you are feeling regarding meditation. Why is this there? Where did it come from?"

i never thought about this...^^^.

Thanks for the other suggestions too Smile

(09-23-2011, 01:33 PM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-23-2011, 07:26 AM)luuchie Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all,

Hi, luuchie! Welcome!

luuchie Wrote:I started breathing deeply and just after a few seconds i got very nervous, almost scared. I needed to open my eyes to see what was going on in my bedroom. I felt like someone was there but not in a good way. Frankly it really scared me to the point i gave up even trying to meditate. I really felt like someone was watching me. I got a little tingly inside and that's when i gave up and didn't try again.

I understand this sensation that you feel is actually part of a release of norepinephrine induced by deep breathing. I would recommend you research the effects of this neurotransmitter on the body in order to confirm this is the case. Norepinephrine also acts on the fear center of the brain called the amygdala. If not balanced by the presence of other chemicals that induce the feeling of "safety" this can cause distress.

It is true that there are negative entities "around". However it is also true that there are many more positive entities around. If you fall into fear, you will draw these negative entities to you, with all the appurtenant confusion and manipulation. Please realize it is the FEAR that calls the negative ones- not the other way around. It is normal for us to feel fear. However there is no reason to fear the fear. In the moment we feel fear, we can request to become aware of its opposite vibration of "love" which is present in all time/spaces and space/times without exception.

Quote:Is there something i should be doing before i meditate?

Nobody likes to be "should" upon. However there are a whole host of things which you may do to prepare. For example, you can contemplate upon all the love and light which surrounds you at all times. You may call upon beings which can reinforce any quality you wish to experience in yourself... such as that feeling of being "safe" or "unconditionally loved" or whatever you would wish.

If you can conceive of a feeling, there are those who can help to amplify that feeling through the mechanism of calling. This includes negative feelings such as fear. There are those who offer every type of service imaginable. Therefore, it is helpful to be very clear about what you want beforehand.

Finally, I would recommend to ponder upon the sense of "urgency" that you are feeling regarding meditation. Why is this there? Where did it come from?

Remember, you can take all the "baby steps" you want. There is no reason to try to force yourself to move faster than is comfortable.

(09-23-2011, 01:33 PM)kycahi Wrote: [ -> ]

Heart

These are some great observations and suggestions. I see "protection" as a bridge or a stepping stone to the understanding/awareness that it is not necessary. There is no reason to fear the dark ones if one is firmly rooted in who they are. But there is nothing "wrong" with requesting protection, either. It is all part of the process.

i don't feel comfortable with affirmation. i prefer prayer.
(09-23-2011, 02:55 PM)luuchie Wrote: [ -> ]"Finally, I would recommend to ponder upon the sense of "urgency" that you are feeling regarding meditation. Why is this there? Where did it come from?"

You are welcome. I just reminded myself of another suggestion. You can take GABA prior to meditation in order to help take that "edge" off. Once the meditation kicks in your body will be making GABA on its own. I tried 700 mg under the tongue and 700 mg by mouth with some good results.
I just ordered some monoatomic gold. Gonna see what kind of effects it has on my meditation experiments. BigSmile
thanks again! i'll to some research on the GABA.
(09-26-2011, 07:21 PM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-23-2011, 02:55 PM)luuchie Wrote: [ -> ]"Finally, I would recommend to ponder upon the sense of "urgency" that you are feeling regarding meditation. Why is this there? Where did it come from?"

You are welcome. I just reminded myself of another suggestion. You can take GABA prior to meditation in order to help take that "edge" off. Once the meditation kicks in your body will be making GABA on its own. I tried 700 mg under the tongue and 700 mg by mouth with some good results.

(09-26-2011, 08:04 PM)Pickle Wrote: [ -> ]I just ordered some monoatomic gold. Gonna see what kind of effects it has on my meditation experiments. BigSmile
Yçu need to read this first, I don't know how much trust we can put into the claims of that perticular "white gold" - the advanced growth of psychic awarenes. : http://educate-yourself.org/cn/monoatomi...ug05.shtml - a website that wants you to be aware of many things, such as "white gold".

I came across that site back when I was trying to decide whether to take it. Ken is a liar, and he is becoming more well known for that now. I think the only other to copy his claim is Sherry Shriner. The claims by those two helped me make my decision.