Bring4th

Full Version: X-files
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I noticed it before... But not until tonight did this idea really hit me!

The whole X-files collection is now up on Netflix.
So my partner and I are obviously gonna re-watch the whole thing and we already got one episode down! Smile
First of all, I'd like to open discussion about the series; not only is it a major part of Ufology, but also it became a part of our culture; and I am 1000% sure there are many fans of the X-files here!

Second of all, now that I got your attention:
The Idea in my head is that the main characters of the show and the whole theme over all, was not only derived from Carla's and Don's investigations of the Unknown, but also that the characters themselves were based on Don and Carla!

I don't know, but after watching that interview they gave in the late 70's? (not sure about the date) where Carla was talking about medicine and Don about UFOs... my jaw dropped a little because of the similarities between them and Scully and Mulder!
Is this show worth it? I have been hearing about it a lot recently and would like to know what people thought about over at these forums. It looks interesting. As to your post i can't say until I watch it if I do. Lol. That was funny to me for some unknown reason. Smile

3DMonkey

(10-05-2011, 08:34 PM)Conifer16 Wrote: [ -> ]Is this show worth it? I have been hearing about it a lot recently and would like to know what people thought about over at these forums. It looks interesting.

I never watched it. Funny synchronicity. I caught the show by chance three different times during its life on air. Ironically, it was always the same episode. The one where there were some creepy looking inbred hillbillies that kept their no legs/no arms mom under the bed to breed with. .... That made me never ever want to watch the show. Although, I did watch that episode.... "huh?"
(10-05-2011, 09:58 PM)3DMonkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-05-2011, 08:34 PM)Conifer16 Wrote: [ -> ]Is this show worth it? I have been hearing about it a lot recently and would like to know what people thought about over at these forums. It looks interesting.

I never watched it. Funny synchronicity. I caught the show by chance three different times during its life on air. Ironically, it was always the same episode. The one where there were some creepy looking inbred hillbillies that kept their no legs/no arms mom under the bed to breed with. .... That made me never ever want to watch the show. Although, I did watch that episode.... "huh?"
Funny I was just going to say every episode is pretty good except the in breed hillbilly episode. It was too graphic to air when it was a prime time show on FOX but when they started doing reruns on FX it seemed to air often.

Other then that it's a great show and I bet if you watch it now so many years later it'll have lots more hidden catalyst type info in it.
Have watched a few episodes. I wouldn't say it's a major part of UFOlogy, it's the other way around - UFOlogy is a major part of the X-files. Scripts were produced in accordance to the many stories and conspiracy theories. Lead with a little innuendo here, some speculation there and you got the day-dreamy people hooked.

3DMonkey

I remember the gossip about it pertained more to "if Scully and Mulder would get together or not".

The X-Files is actually a documentary series.
[Image: williambdavis.jpg]
The X-Files is my favorite show of all time. Thanks for the heads up about Netflix! I have been tempted to buy the whole series, so I can pop a dvd in and watch an episode whenever since I have opted out of having tv. I wouldn't get too hyped up over your theory though.

Chris Carter has said that on several occasions he was approached by shadowy types with script suggestions and requests. Speculative, and it would simply add to the mystery that the show revolves around, but not at all improbable.

Meerie

(10-05-2011, 10:09 PM)3DMonkey Wrote: [ -> ]I remember the gossip about it pertained more to "if Scully and Mulder would get together or not".

that bee!!! Dodgy
that bee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love the contrast.
HAHAH! lol, that's like one of the episodes that was very irrelevant to the whole theme of the show! How unfair! I do recommend to watch it, most of it has to do with UFOs and how the government hides it! Smile
So you guys would like it, I am sure!
(10-05-2011, 09:58 PM)3DMonkey Wrote: [ -> ]

(10-05-2011, 10:06 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]Have watched a few episodes. I wouldn't say it's a major part of UFOlogy, it's the other way around - UFOlogy is a major part of the X-files. Scripts were produced in accordance to the many stories and conspiracy theories. Lead with a little innuendo here, some speculation there and you got the day-dreamy people hooked.
But that's what I meant! Sad
LOL...
Okay, fair enough, I am not pushing the theory lol! Just something that I've noticed! Smile
(10-06-2011, 01:44 AM)Icaro Wrote: [ -> ]The X-Files is my favorite show of all time. Thanks for the heads up about Netflix! I have been tempted to buy the whole series, so I can pop a dvd in and watch an episode whenever since I have opted out of having tv. I wouldn't get too hyped up over your theory though.

Chris Carter has said that on several occasions he was approached by shadowy types with script suggestions and requests. Speculative, and it would simply add to the mystery that the show revolves around, but not at all improbable.

Ha ha! well in the latest movie they are living together lol! and you know....
(10-06-2011, 02:18 AM)Meerie Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-05-2011, 10:09 PM)3DMonkey Wrote: [ -> ]I remember the gossip about it pertained more to "if Scully and Mulder would get together or not".

that bee!!! Dodgy

Hello Jeia Smile

Some synchronicity here! This evening i was going to a rehearsal with my medieval/renaissance music group. Just outside the building i slipped and fell to the ground and pple were rushing to my side to see if i was OK. I was lying under a tree and suddenly a heavy rain fell. There must have been a guardian Angel there, my right arm and hand could have been broken but i'm OK...
I just watched the pilot and so far it is an ok show.

-Conifer16-

3DMonkey

hmmmm, what does "ok" mean on Conifer16's scale? Give us some perspective. Three examples. A great show. Another ok show. And a crap show.
(10-05-2011, 11:28 PM)abridgetoofar Wrote: [ -> ]The X-Files is actually a documentary series.
[Image: williambdavis.jpg]

LOL -- that was my favourite character in the series. -- Yes, I was a growing into a cynic back then. It was also one of the last things I watched before my TV-set reached its pre-programmed end date a good decade ago. Never missed the flickering black hole.

When it aired in Teutonia during the mid to late '90s, it was always a good stimulus for wallowing in Weltschmerz. Fortunately I have no need for that anymore. Smile
My dearest friend,
Glad to hear you are okay! BigSmile maybe it was me AngelTongueRollEyes I have been sending big amounts of love towards you!
(10-06-2011, 05:50 PM)transiten Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Jeia Smile

Some synchronicity here! This evening i was going to a rehearsal with my medieval/renaissance music group. Just outside the building i slipped and fell to the ground and pple were rushing to my side to see if i was OK. I was lying under a tree and suddenly a heavy rain fell. There must have been a guardian Angel there, my right arm and hand could have been broken but i'm OK...

(10-06-2011, 09:53 PM)3DMonkey Wrote: [ -> ]hmmmm, what does "ok" mean on Conifer16's scale? Give us some perspective. Three examples. A great show. Another ok show. And a crap show.
some good shows: "breaking bad", "walking dead", "game of thrones", "spartacus", "doctor who", "babylon 5", "blake's 7", "red dwarf", "battlestar"

3DMonkey

Third synchronistic reference to Breaking Bad. I will look at that first.
What about Kyle XY? .... ROFL
That show is really heavy, but nevertheless amazing!
(10-06-2011, 10:17 PM)3DMonkey Wrote: [ -> ]Third synchronistic reference to Breaking Bad. I will look at that first.
What about Kyle XY? .... ROFL

3DMonkey

I enjoyed a few beginning episodes Blush
(10-06-2011, 09:53 PM)3DMonkey Wrote: [ -> ]hmmmm, what does "ok" mean on Conifer16's scale? Give us some perspective. Three examples. A great show. Another ok show. And a crap show.

Alright then. Great show: Doctor who(actualy, best show ever) good show:psych or Merlin. And crap show(I don't like saying crap show because I havent found A show that I could call crap which implies extreme dislike, if I don't care for a show I will be indifferent saying that) teletubies.Sad Shudders and backs up signing protection from evil. BigSmile hehe I really dont like that show and it could die and be forgotten for all I care(just a phrase like I said I am indifferent but that show is of very brain cell killing quality. And the sad thing is, it sucks you in if you happen to see it. So my advice run if it is on and don't look back. Unless your wife/husband and children are there then go get backup and extreme sungasses and go in a rescue them. BigSmile)

So that is my scale for this moment it could change in the future-that-doesn't-exist. -Conifer16- Adonai Vasu Borragus

Wait doctor who and stargate sg-1/Atlantis/universe tie as best show/s ever. Smile

3DMonkey

Dodgy Dodgy Dodgy

So very disappointed, I am

Teletubbies are awesome!!!

This scene has special importance to me:

(10-06-2011, 10:17 PM)3DMonkey Wrote: [ -> ]Third synchronistic reference to Breaking Bad. I will look at that first.
DUDE..you have to watch Breaking Bad starting with the first season. It too is in my top 5 favorite shows of all time. Superb acting and plots.

Hi X-files fans.

I AM a VERY BIG fan of the X-files ! ! B-)

! ! Don't forget that "The X-files" and "The Oprah W show" where fighting
for the #1 position for many years ! !

. . .and they have been there, alternatively, for MANY years ! !

Blue skies.

(10-06-2011, 10:47 PM)3DMonkey Wrote: [ -> ]Dodgy Dodgy Dodgy

So very disappointed, I am

Teletubbies are awesome!!!

This scene has special importance to me:

ROTFLMFAO BigSmile that literally caused me to laugh out loud. Smile what importance does it have?

(10-07-2011, 04:34 AM)transiten Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-06-2011, 09:59 PM)JeiaRaManuk Wrote: [ -> ]My dearest friend,
Glad to hear you are okay! BigSmile maybe it was me AngelTongueRollEyes I have been sending big amounts of love towards you!
(10-06-2011, 05:50 PM)transiten Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Jeia Smile

Heart Jeia!

My elaborate post just kept on disappearing, never experienced that before???

Probably my guides are chasing me from the internet, made a commitment to only spend 1 hour here for some time...

3DMonkey

(10-06-2011, 11:32 PM)Conifer16 Wrote: [ -> ]ROTFLMFAO BigSmile that literally caused me to laugh out loud. Smile what importance does it have?

Shared moment.
New Year's 1999-2000. My sister and I, on an impromptu vacation together, eating breakfast in a hotel room, (earmuffs) still a bit drunk (remove earmuffs), turn on the tv to see that episode. We had never seen the show, we ROTFL, we thought we were in an alternate universe. Good times.
Oh Monkey - you made my day!

Meerie

you know what... i did not recognize this white thing as a hat at first, to me it looked like a toilet seat, lol. And when this creature put it on this penis-like extension on his forehead I was like "okay... so they seem to pee with their heads".
LOL
Pages: 1 2