Bring4th

Full Version: insight
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here is an insight I had a little while ago, while struggling with how to deal with a difficult person:

- I realized that rather than think that some people are put on this earth just to annoy me and make my life miserable, I should instead think that I am put on this earth to make their life better.

Taking this attitude actually makes a big difference in how I experience every day life. If we are wanderers we are here to raise vibrations, which we do by being good people. Perhaps some of those who are beset by negative vibrations will be lifted up by our attitudes, whereas if we get mad at them for being jerks and so forth it just perpetuates the negativity.

Of course, you guys probably already knew this already, but I just figured it out...
Indeed brother, and as experience is a Cosmic Mirror, these people are here to teach you acceptance/love (if you're polarising positively, of course).

All catalysts are expansive opportunities :¬)
My "problem" isn't thinking that everyday people are annoying, but rather that they're small-minded and sheep-like and dancing to an inner music that I either can't hear or don't enjoy. Maybe that annoys me sometimes but my annoyance is secondary to the rather judgmental way I look at them. This does not infringe upon my ability to be kind to them when I try to be, but it makes me lonely and not interested in the people around me. I live by myself and my job surrounds me with people twice my age, so in a worldly sense I can't be blamed for not being particularly emotionally interested in the people around me...but I can't help thinking that there's a flip side to my attitude towards them that I need to find in the same way Etude did.
(10-06-2011, 05:06 AM)Namaste Wrote: [ -> ]All catalysts are expansive opportunities :¬)
Sweet, I'm realizing that too Smile

Take jealousy for example. Jealousy expanded can be a yearning. Yearning expanded can be longing. Longing expanded can be contentment. Contentment expanded can be wonder. Wonder expanded can be captivation. Captivation expanded can be rapture.

If I want to learn more about a specific emotion, say wonder (my favorite atm), I ask "what is the capacity of 3D to offer me wonder?"
or if you're more comfortable "what is the capacity of 3D to offer infinite wonder?"