Bring4th

Full Version: Zain's Brotherhood of Light Tarot Book
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For those of you who have read it, is it recommended? The Archetype study guide on the web is nice, with the general meaning of each image able to be studied, but I'm thinking it would be nice to have the original clearer images. Some of the details are drowned out. Those that aren't aware, the images the group used when speaking to Ra came from this set. http://www.amazon.com/Sacred-Tarot-Broth...526&sr=1-2

I'm thinking it might also be useful to read the Serpent in the Sky for an understanding of Egyptian symbolism http://www.amazon.com/Serpent-Sky-Wisdom...5BQKMX49I9

Any general comments on Egyptian feline symbolism, its intended meaning..especially in terms of what they guard? From what I've read Egyptians considered them seers (the ability to find their way through the darkness), their usefulness in capturing mice/snakes, and the protective nature of the lion. It seems there are relationships to the unconscious, intuition, and female principles.

So for instance, in the Experience of Body, I see the lion with its mouth open (as if some kind of snarling gesture) possibly representing the body turning on one's self, representing the conflict/experience that occurs in the body or the natural instinct of repulsion when confronting unconscious aspects of the self. When we reject or hold things back, this would be reflected as poor health or physical problems. Or the lion is opening its mouth to be fed, in which this would represent the illusory stimulating conscious desires (which may be driven by unconscious activity), and our tendency to succumb to or feed our emotional desires and intuitive notions, in essence being led around by them. The female in the picture closing the mouth would represent the necessity of not letting our intuitions and "conscious" desires run wild, in an attempt to be more balanced and perhaps recognize the unconscious activity taking place.
I have it and it is occasionally useful. The deck is incredible, but Zain's commentary seems confused and confusing. He claims esoteric knowledge of the tree of life and the tarot, and I have never seen any other writer who subscribes to a similar position as he does. I also don't think that his claims cohere very well (his astrological associations don't make any sense to me, especially considering Ra's system of sevens). Nevertheless, it may be useful for the imaginative and discerning seeker.

I would love for you to comment on my upcoming thread on Archetype 14. Discussion in my archetype threads has been less active than I had expected. I hope that this is because I haven't yet made it to the more mysterious cards (the later cards).
(10-21-2011, 12:46 AM)JustLikeYou Wrote: [ -> ]Discussion in my archetype threads has been less active than I had expected. I hope that this is because I haven't yet made it to the more mysterious cards (the later cards).

Don't give up. Your archetype threads are on my reading list, and probably that of others, too.
JustLikeYou - Thanks for the response, that's helpful. I wasn't expecting to get much out of his own commentary. I'll be sure to comment on 14. I haven't participated in archetype discussion yet because I want to go through all of them myself first, and see what comes through my own mind before reading other's opinions. At first the potentiator/matrix etc. lingo seems confusing, but I'm finding that when simply looking at the pictures a wealth of interpretation and understanding easily comes through.
Thank you Icaro, though I mispoke. The enchantress is card #11. 14 is the Alchemist.

Interestingly enough, the opposite is true for me. It wasn't until I began to penetrate Ra's vocabulary that the symbols took on robust significance.
Yes, they seem to go hand in hand.

apeiron

(10-21-2011, 07:06 AM)βαθμιαίος Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-21-2011, 12:46 AM)JustLikeYou Wrote: [ -> ]Discussion in my archetype threads has been less active than I had expected. I hope that this is because I haven't yet made it to the more mysterious cards (the later cards).

Don't give up. Your archetype threads are on my reading list, and probably that of others, too.
Are some of the archetypes representing the whole octave? Since there were nine before the veil and after the veil came the rest, how far in the octave of densities are these archetypes carried over? I don't see them going above 5d, but I am not expert in book IV. Obviously, the veil would apply to third density. but the choice goes up to the middle of 6d. Without veil, only 9 (+ the fool it seems?) were present, which seem very few to account for other densities.

--I understand these archetypes apply to this galaxy. Also, implied is that when Ra incarnated in other galaxies must have been in third density. However, octave wise, there has to be some parallels since galaxies are part of this octave as well.

That's a good question actually, considering that above third density you exist in the positive or negative polarity. So there is no use of a veil in the sense of upholding the illusion of polarity. There is slight veiling for the incarnations themselves in the higher densities however.