Bring4th

Full Version: 1992.04.09 Service
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I love the Aaron / Qu’o channellings. Sometimes Aaron’s insight can be pretty down to earth. I thought this Qu’o / Aaron channelling was great….

http://www.llresearch.org/transcripts/is..._0409.aspx

Service….how does one go about being in / of service as we go through life? I have been thinking about this of late. Sometimes it just feels like I should be doing something…something that matters, something grand?...just something.

Excerpts:

I would like to relate this thought to Barbara’s question. Barbara spoke of the arising of fear and the distortion created by the desire to serve, by grasping at service. Can you see that the grasping is a manifestation of unworthiness? When you know that you serve simply by being, there is no longer need for grasping.

This is truly the essence of it: relaxed and free, not willing, not planning, just being and trusting that you will be placed where you need to be to serve as you are asked to serve. You do not need to set up such situations of service so much as to allow them to happen. You allow them to happen by purifying your own energy, by constant work on yourselves, by prayer, by your constant offer to be of service without grasping at that service, and by deep awareness that when you say, “I need to serve,” that is a manifestation of unworthiness and of ego—”I need to serve so I can feel better about myself.” Well, fine, but first feel better about yourself and then all the service you want will pour through you. It really is as simple as that.

At times many of you have a fixed idea of what it means to serve, an ego attachment to one type of service or another, and you forget so quickly that, as Q’uo just explained, service is a type of being not a doing. When you fully allow yourself to be transparent, and allow light and pure energy to move through you—both into you and out of you, giving and receiving—then you “are” service. You are not serving, you are service.

Then…finally this:

What is service? It is not a doing, but a being, an attitude, a way of approaching the world and yourself with love.

Sometimes….even what seems complicated on the outside really has a simpler answer. I’m not sure what 1992 means to me…than being 17 yrs ago, but I found more channellings in that single year that meant something personally….than any other single year to date.

1992…it was a good year Wink

Richard

ayadew

And what if the only desire you have is to be, instead of serve..
Quote:And what if the only desire you have is to be, instead of serve..

Couldn't say, Ayadew. Ra seems to imply a choice to be made. To service or to self. How each of us interprets that implication is a function of free will.

Richard
(06-25-2009, 10:04 AM)Richard Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:And what if the only desire you have is to be, instead of serve..

Couldn't say, Ayadew. Ra seems to imply a choice to be made. To service or to self. How each of us interprets that implication is a function of free will.

Richard

What the channeling is implying is, you can "be" for yourself or you can "be" for others, its not about going out and helping people to feel better about yourself its about being for the greater purpose (STO wise).
This is exactly how I feel about service...and why I've said before on other threads that I don't "connect" with the idea of STS/STO paths.

You are what you are, and when the circumstance comes to you, you will quite naturally act in service to the other person or in service to yourself. You simply are STS/STO/or some kind of teetering mix of the two, as described by Ra and Q'uo.

When they speak of further polarization, I see it as you just being more aware of how your actions are either serving or hindering the other persons growth, and how much vitality you have to actually go through the motions of serving...NOT that you become more good or more evil. Rather, that you are more frequently being yourself and serving quite naturally when the time is right, as opposed to being drained/tired, or unwilling to do anything when a call for help comes to you.

As always, I hope my interpretation helps. Godspeed!
My sense of serving is opening my energy channels through meditation so that Creator can use me more harmonously, and to hold the light for others.
I enjoyed this session very much with offerings of how one grasps at different kinds of service and then fails to see that true service is even the smallest things. I particularly enjoyed the examples which Aaron gave about Barbara and her will to get a meditation in before channeling. And how the smallest things and other service opportunities are ignored and discriminated against because of the ego.

Quote:She is almost never short-tempered with them in actuality, but she sometimes feels impatience although she does not manifest that impatience. She feels a sense of wanting to hurry them through their dinner, wanting them to get their dishes washed, and so on. If she goes in to meditate and her youngest son comes in and shares his homework with her, she looks at her watch and is aware that “A houseful of people are going to appear here in half an hour and I need to meditate. Get out of here with your homework!”

Now, she does not say that. She sits him down on her lap and she looks at it, but she is feeling that impatience. And then she feels anger at herself and says, “Who am I serving here? Am I ignoring my family to serve others?”

She has learned that when she can let go of her fear; when she can feel compassion for this human who is feeling fear so as to allow that fear not to solidify, then it does not matter whether she is sitting in meditation or washing dishes or holding her son on her lap and admiring his homework. It is all meditation because at that point, as she washes the dishes or holds her son, she is service; she is love. What could be better preparation for channeling than holding a child on your lap and giving him love? But the voice of fear distorts that and says, “I must have silence to prepare,” and then self-criticism arises because she knows that to follow up on that impulse would be to hurt the child.

It would be well worth your while to look at the ways you manifest this in yourselves. No being of third density is immune to this. No matter how aware you are, it catches you sometimes.

What does it mean to serve? A friend shared a story in which he was leading a large workshop, and a woman who had kept talking about her family of eight or nine children all weekend and the demands they placed on her spoke up toward the end of the weekend and said, “Oh, I want to serve! How can I serve?”

Many in that group had been talking about working with the homeless or those with AIDS or another disease, and so on. And this man, S, turned to the woman and said, “You want to serve? Get up in the morning and serve your family bacon and eggs.”

What is service? It is not a doing, but a being, an attitude, a way of approaching the world and yourself with love.
By Aaron

Quote:Aaron: This is Aaron. For those of you who are interested in pursuing this, I offer a bit of homework. In the coming evening and morning, watch yourself very carefully. Service is not just the big things, but the little: smiling to another, washing a plate or glass, petting a cat who is seeking affection, being love.

Watch yourselves very carefully. Watch for any arising of “I should.” Begin to distinguish the movement of “I should” through the third chakra of will and determination and the “I Am” of love expressed through the open heart.[4] The more deeply you can move into awareness of these patterns in yourselves, the less control habitual pattern has over you.
The next session goes further into service along the same line of thought:

http://llresearch.org/transcripts/issues..._0410.aspx

I have to say, these two sessions with Aaron and Q'uo talking about service are some of the most helpful I have ever read. I especially like what Aaron has to say in these sessions. These are the first Aaron readings I have read, but I will definitely make it a point to read more of his channelings. I was extremely impressed. I think I need to read through those two sessions a few more times and do some careful meditation on the concepts for all of it to sink in.
This quote made me laugh:
Quote:The depth of the illusion which you experience is infinite. You will not know anything within this illusion. You may have our permission to stop trying.[3]

It's relaxing to know that it's okay to be a doofus
The quotes given in previous posts come very close to how I feel about service and energy sharing. They are very helpful to me and I'm grateful to know the thoughts of otherselves who reflect my own thoughts. I identify closly with Barbara's dilemma when she wanted to meditate and I've learned a new way to focus in Aaron's advice to watch our for "I shoulds".

My service is like reiki for the world that starts with an energy flow that sends positive, balancing energy into my immediate community to spread like ripples in a pond from there. Simple but hard to explain.

Thanks for the interesting thread, friends. I am learning alot here. :->
Quote:Aaron: This is Aaron. For those of you who are interested in pursuing this, I offer a bit of homework. In the coming evening and morning, watch yourself very carefully. Service is not just the big things, but the little: smiling to another, washing a plate or glass, petting a cat who is seeking affection, being love.
I like to refer to politeness (for me a form of love) as a social grease. Smile

(02-24-2010, 11:59 PM)haqiqu Wrote: [ -> ]My service is like reiki for the world that starts with an energy flow that sends positive, balancing energy into my immediate community to spread like ripples in a pond from there. Simple but hard to explain.

Thanks for the interesting thread, friends. I am learning alot here. :->

That's beautiful haqiqu. As centers of love we can radiate outward to all. Thank you.
AngelHeartSmile

Agreed! This rings so true and so difficult to do....but it get's easier once you start out...

transiten
And still...you wonder if there is something you should be doing. Some technique...some meditation...some behavior.

And yet Ra..says it so eloquently..and simply...

Quote:Book 3 / Session 52 / May 19,1981

Questioner: Thank you. Just a little point that was bothering me of no real importance. Is there then, from the point of view of an individual who wishes to follow the service-to-others path, anything of importance other than disciplines of personality, knowledge of self, and strengthening of will?

Ra: I am Ra. This is technique. This is not the heart. Let us examine the
heart of evolution.

Let us remember that we are all one. This is the great learning/teaching. In this unity lies love. This is a great learn/teaching. In this unity lies light. This is the fundamental teaching of all planes of existence in
materialization. Unity, love, light, and joy; this is the heart of evolution of the spirit.

The second-ranking lessons are learn/taught in meditation and in service. At some point the mind/body/spirit complex is so smoothly activated and balanced by these central thoughts or distortions that the techniques you have mentioned become quite significant. However, the universe, its mystery unbroken, is one. Always begin and end in the Creator, not in technique.

I do it all the time. I let the logical side take control and mentally insist on a conscious process to get from Point A to Point B. And forget to just live in …joy, light, love…and attempt to understand Unity in the same context that Ra states.

Richard
(03-18-2010, 05:35 PM)Richard Wrote: [ -> ]And still...you wonder if there is something you should be doing. Some technique...some meditation...some behavior.

I do it all the time. I let the logical side take control and mentally insist on a conscious process to get from Point A to Point B. And forget to just live in …joy, light, love…and attempt to understand Unity in the same context that Ra states.

Your description captures my process as well, Richard. So much effort is expended in attempting to think the right train of thoughts or enact the right formula which will yield spiritual realization, when the truth of it is that we are *already* realized.

As absurd as it sounds, it is just so difficult to let go, to accept, and to BE. How I am sure I will look back at all my vain effort and think, with an affectionate smile, "How you had it all along but you could not see because it was too close to you."

May meditation continue,
GLB