Bring4th

Full Version: Archetypes in Movies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Actors that reoccur in Hollywood movies are like Tarot Archetypes. Only these are made up Archetypes from the Dark Ones.

Movies,TV and Media over-all act as mediums for highly distorted MASS-Catalyst. The Dark infringe too much on free will for lying! I guess that is the cause for the fact it has been decided that Everything in the whole MULTIVERSE will ascend, (humanity will soon break free from Polarity and Disunity Consciousness as this affects every being/complex etc.)

3DMonkey

I agree completely. Up until you said "dark ones".

I believe writers of Hollywood or any other wood are the true wanderers. Somehow, writers are the ones that "see" the world for what it is. Think about it, stories. Stories are what our minds use to make sense of ourselves. Every story is about us because every story represents the archetypes, and what the archetypes represent is the mind that wrote the story. We can actually see our mind giving birth to our mind like a cell wall constantly transforming and renewing itself.
(11-09-2011, 01:31 PM)3DMonkey Wrote: [ -> ]I agree completely. Up until you said "dark ones".

I believe writers of Hollywood or any other wood are the true wanderers. Somehow, writers are the ones that "see" the world for what it is. Think about it, stories. Stories are what our minds use to make sense of ourselves. Every story is about us because every story represents the archetypes, and what the archetypes represent is the mind that wrote the story. We can actually see our mind giving birth to our mind like a cell wall constantly transforming and renewing itself.

I was really high when I thought this one up. With "Dark Ones" I don't mean it like Evil as in Starwars.

I guess a good definition for Dark would be; to withheld light/truth; impair polarization opportunities. I am well aware all is One, but the "darkness" needs to be balanced with Light for an incarnation experience to be valid. Now it is not, therefore instead of being sorted by Polarity, we now recieve huge amounts of energy to change our frequency to 4D.

I get the idea that this works like a free pass. The reason I think that is because in many channelings I've read that the energies currently affecting us is unable to leave anything untouched.

OffTopic: This time I got high I had to balance wisdom/love(in the form of service-to-others). On one hand, I had much greater understanding, on the other my wisdom could cause disharmony when overwhelming).

Isnt the balancing of wisdom/empathy a lesson? But not required to graduate third density, right? I'd say 4-5d, intuitively.

One Love Brothers and Sisters

My point is that the system of archetypes is well beyond average human understanding. Just take one look at the world and dare say there has been no interference with our polarization.

The cage we have lived in for thousands of years is a construct of lie and deceit. And due to the complexity of the methods used, it inhibited fair play. You can't polarize if everything around you is based on fear and control.

(11-09-2011, 12:39 PM)Wander Wrote: [ -> ]Actors that reoccur in Hollywood movies are like Tarot Archetypes.

Actors, or the characters they play?

Ever since stories and art have existed they have been riddled with consistent archetypes to allow humanity to explore its collective mind. Intentionally or unintentionally, it's unavoidable that the archetypes will shine through any sort of story or art.

The unconscious which is drawn upon for creativity derives from the archetypal framework of the mind.

Some prominent psychologists have studied and written about this in fact.
(11-09-2011, 02:50 PM)abridgetoofar Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-09-2011, 12:39 PM)Wander Wrote: [ -> ]Actors that reoccur in Hollywood movies are like Tarot Archetypes.

Actors, or the characters they play?

Ever since stories and art have existed they have been riddled with consistent archetypes to allow humanity to explore its collective mind. Intentionally or unintentionally, it's unavoidable that the archetypes will shine through any sort of story or art.

The unconscious which is drawn upon for creativity derives from the archetypal framework of the mind.

Well, have you noticed how they usually create characters that represent Archetypes -BUT they are modified to conform to the "dark" lifestyle. And I suspect that the archetypes used are purposely distorted to keep the observer within the dark framwork.

You see what I mean, of course archetypes exist everywhere as they are fundamental. Yet they are not pure in hollywood movies, they are used to control public opinion.
Remember the subjective nature of perception. Perhaps you more readily perceive the "dark" archetypes because those are what your unconscious is wishing you to explore?

It's easy for us to accept and acknowledge the light inside of us. When we fail to do the same with the dark inside of us, our consciousness is presented with these archetypes in an attempt to balance what we already accept about ourselves. You may see this "darkness" in order to recognize it within yourself and accept it.
(11-09-2011, 04:57 PM)abridgetoofar Wrote: [ -> ]Remember the subjective nature of perception. Perhaps you more readily perceive the "dark" archetypes because those are what your unconscious is wishing you to explore?

It's easy for us to accept and acknowledge the light inside of us. When we fail to do the same with the dark inside of us, our consciousness is presented with these archetypes in an attempt to balance what we already accept about ourselves. You may see this "darkness" in order to recognize it within yourself and accept it.

Regarding the subjective nature of perception, I am very much aware of that! You see, I think you still interpret my use of "dark" as being something separate from me. This is not the case, what I mean with dark is to consciously manipulate, control and cheat people. In other words, inhibit the individual in question from finding Truth and acting upon it.

The hidden purpose of movies for example is to make you like a certain role. This role represents everything the mind behind the role wants you to absorb. The role is not a person, only a symbol for a bunch of ideas.

I mean how often is the character people grow fond of NOT composed of the values, the culture and the systems of the "Machine".

You can apply this to advertisements as well. You always end up buying all sorts of useless s*** without a clue why.

Just put all the tools of control, lies, death and cheating in a neat package and people will buy it.

So the Light and Dark is not about evil. It's about how well the statement works in reality.

An oversimplification of this method could be as follows: I have an attractive woman imply that 1+1=3. The idea has been neatly packed in sexuality and you are more likely to swallow this. Now, one day you will find out that 1+1 is in fact =2. That will make you see Light.

I hope I could get across, feel a bit tired :p

Wander, that makes me think about, why is 0 different than 1?
In infinity, they should be the same.
I think it comes down to free will, but could you offer an idea on this, why 0 != 1
(11-09-2011, 05:30 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]Wander, that makes me think about, why is 0 different than 1?
In infinity, they should be the same.
I think it comes down to free will, but could you offer an idea on this, why 0 != 1

I'm having difficulties relating the query to my previous post. Could you be more specific? Smile
You mentioned some math, so I was throwing it in.
I guess it was a logic question.
Don't worry about it.

3DMonkey

Wander, every role is unique, and I Think everyone differs in who the like or don't like in a movie. There are also differing opinions of genre, decade, and whatever else.

Let's break down a specific movie. Is there one that was on your mind?
This is only my opinion, take it for what it is and only that. If you wish.

I used to work in the film industry with writers and I can state that generally it's all about the money. Pandering to the lowest common denominator is not uncommon. I found that most concepts are thought of for their "cool" factor for commercialization, on the conscious level at least. This is speaking of the indie scene, I'd have to imagine it's similar yet very different in Hollywood. On the sub-conscious level the possibilities are infinite though, so it remains an unknown. I won't pretend to have the faintest clue to anybodies motives.

As to the nature of films and the archetype portrayals. I think that films are meant to submerge us into an illusion within an illusion to take in heavily purified emotional catalyst at a quicker rate. One can analyze it for it's archetypical nature but it might be far more effective to experience it as any other catalyst, rather than dissecting it analytically. To each their own though

Love + Light Heart

3DMonkey

I analytically dissect all my catalyst though. What else should I do with it?
(11-10-2011, 12:12 AM)UnifyingFactor Wrote: [ -> ]One can analyze it for it's archetypical nature but it might be far more effective to experience it as any other catalyst, rather than dissecting it analytically. To each their own though

Love + Light Heart
(11-10-2011, 01:05 AM)3DMonkey Wrote: [ -> ]I analytically dissect all my catalyst though. What else should I do with it?

I believe that it is more efficient to analyze catalyst through the archetypal framework. As long as the thinking/feeling balance is remembered and maintained. I do this by doing Ra's balancing exercise and immersing myself in the emotional landscape, feeling as best as I can, and ultimately accepting and balancing that emotion. Also just simple silent meditation. I feel like combining these three things is the most efficient way for me personally to process catalyst and live a fairly balanced life.
To give you something real then. The catalyst for getting into this kind of thinking was when I came across a new movie on a website.

It was called "My Idiot Brother" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1637706/

And throughout the whole movie this really 'from my perspective normal guy' gets picked upon and called all sorts of things.

The sisters consists of:

1. Businesswoman, she always has big plans, no time and a lot of money.
2.Housewife, always home, not attractive etc.
3.A fairly sane lesbian woman.

So for every peace/light-ful action the brother does, the more it crumbles the illusion of the three sisters. Now in the movie he is depicted as a problem, not a solution.

However, I have to tell you that I didn't watch the whole thing. I was really high so I really didn't feel like wasting my time on that manipulative bullsheit.

Love :p
Let me expand even further. How often do characters representing bums get depicted as real human beings?

How often are senior citizens without some kind of mental handicap?

How often is the goal of the main character not fame, money and material wealth?

I am not saying every movie is like this. But if you read between the lines you will eventually become sick with all the conditioning.

And look at video games. How can games depicting a warzone give points for putting a bullet in another being? How far has it gone when rock music is played when you've killed a certain number of people?

Everyone knows it's not real, but for people conditioned towards patriotism and dreams of being a "war hero", they are likely to be influenced and get a distorted view of what a soldier really is.

The soldier is the lowest rank of a war. A soldier is an expendable pile of meat and metal. Yet in these games they are immortal, rewarded new ranks, given "better weapons" and considered heroes.

Most people think I'm insane for having these ideas, but I know more than well that there is a lot to it.

Take it or leave it

Light&Love

EDIT: Now, the proof of this lies only in the heart. I am not aware of an existing paradigm able to handle these kinds of problems.

3DMonkey

A character in a movie is an archetype representation, not a whole complex.
The entertainment industry is indeed a medium of mind control, it's used to set the norms of society on a daily basis (24/7). It goes hand-in-hand with the news industry. It's quite enlightening to trace ownership over the media giants. It's quite incestuous.

Very dangerous viewing for one not consciously filtering what they see.

For those who do, it's fantastic catalyst :¬)
(11-10-2011, 08:44 AM)3DMonkey Wrote: [ -> ]A character in a movie is an archetype representation, not a whole complex.

im not disagreeing with that fact. Though my concern is the conscious biases of the archetypes in question. That is pure manipulation and further distortion.

Also, it is indeee a good catalyst for an enlighted soul, but it gets very problematic for the ones still asleep/in darkness.

3DMonkey

I don't see it as any more manipulative or problematic as talking to me is.
(11-10-2011, 10:44 AM)3DMonkey Wrote: [ -> ]I don't see it as any more manipulative or problematic as talking to me is.

Sure it is very hard to state this in a way to avoid polarity. Let me restate: To intend to distribute highly distorted information for ones own gain does not fully represent unity consciousness or service to other.

Its basically just a huge bump in the road for people seeking light so they can act from understanding. Though I am becoming very aware that 3d is about polarizing and not about polarizing FROM understanding.

So the only thing I can really do is to make people aware of this..
(11-09-2011, 02:50 PM)Bring4th_Austin Wrote: [ -> ]Ever since stories and art have existed they have been riddled with consistent archetypes to allow humanity to explore its collective mind. Intentionally or unintentionally, it's unavoidable that the archetypes will shine through any sort of story or art.

wow. this is beautifully expressed Austin.

I just did a rewatch of Aliens, and it is one of the most archetypal movies ever made, in my opinion.

I mean, its probably the 8th or so time I've watched it since childhood, and it still packs a punch.

I can just offer some stream of consciousness observations as seen through my lens this time around.

- -

* the film begins with Ripley still having dreams/nightmares of the 'Alien' experience. The 'alien' is the presence or voice of separation (fear impulse).

* the crew travels to the planet, and the ship stays in orbit. A drop ship goes 'down' to the planet. The film ends with the 'ascending' of the drop-ship from the planet. (incarnation)

* the crew and the various actors die off one by one until only a few are left. These 'actors' represent various catalysts and distortions of mind. Notice how sharply drawn and larger than life some of the combat crew are, and how they represent various facets of self. As these facets are depicted and enjoyed on screen, they no longer become necessary as they are experienced and assimilated into the self.

* when Ripley goes down the cooling tower, she is descending into the depths of the mind. There, the 'Alien Queen' has laid all her eggs; these eggs being the thoughtforms of fear created by the mind. Ripley 'torches' the eggs with the flame of liberating love. The Queen, though, is not so easily destroyed.

* after the 'ascent' back to the spaceship in orbit, the 'final encounter' takes place. This is between Ripley (the conscious mind), and the Alien Queen (the voice of separation and fear within the self). For this 'encounter', Ripley utilises a mech-suit, that is used for moving cargo around. This 'suit' is the armoring of love and light for the final showdown with the 'voice of separation'.

* The Queen is finally 'ejected' from the spaceship, to return to the void of infinite potentials. It is seen by the self as no longer being needed. It was not destroyed; just regarded as no longer helpful or required for the experience.

*Bishop, the android, is some form of faithful, diligent, guide.

* Newt, the child, is the nurturing of the inner love within the self.

- -

It just captures the spiritual journey so completely, I had to pause the film multiple multiple times to absorb and digest the imagery as it was speaking directly to my unconscious.

it does not have the archetypes proper, as in the 22 explicitly, but rather it speaks to the deep mind.

I remember in high school english class how wankery it seemed to 'force' these types of patterns for the sake of writing essays just because we had to. But there are some films and works of art in which this effect of narrative is so natural and emotion-inducing, that it is totally spontaneous and unforced.

and legions of people will attest to its effect, if not totally comprehending what is being spoken or reflected through the Veil.

deep down, we just know these works of art are 'true'. More truer than a fact. Truth in the sense of timeless concept.

peace
Green Lantern Movie

this is another film with fantastic mythic qualities.

The scene at the end, where Parallax is led into the light of the sun (assimiliated) is a true symbol of how fear (separation) is truly overcome; by melting back into the one (the logos).

it's a stunning scene Smile

thumbs up (y)

BigSmile
Bit sad though. Parallax is originally defeated by Hal Jordan assimilating it and becoming the new Parallax though chained through its new vessel.

Only when other Lantern Corps appear (first through Sinestro) does Parallax truly go away.

While GL movie attempts to make a long story short both the longer and shorter story fall short of a few spiritual aspects respectively. Watching the movie and reading the comic will bring the full set of 'lessons' around these stories into light.
Superman (latest) is a very good movie of how not to act as a wanderer.
Titanic Movie

I just had the enthralling experience of doing a rewatch of the Titanic since I first saw it in theatres all those years ago - back in 1997. So its a sixteen year gap between viewings.

and what can I say, but wow?

James Cameron proves himself, yet again, as an explorer of the archetypal patterns, albeit in a highly intuitive, story-telling way.

The central actor in this film is the Ocean, which represents the Deep Mind. This Deep Mind encompasses, and swallows absolutely everything; there is nothing beyond its grasp; it is 'all things'.

The Titanic itself is and represents all man-made constructs; which includes technology on a gross level, but also man-made concepts and intelligences; and through excessive hubris, one thinks one can travel on the shores of the deep mind without truly engaging it; but this is False. The Deep Mind cracks open the 'unsinkable ship' and all things return to it.

The central human figures in this film play out a love story. This is Rose (the young Kate Winslet) and Jack (an even younger Leonardo). They represent to me the Empress (catalyst of the mind) and the Emperor (the experience of the mind) interacting and navigating each other's presences.

Rose (the Empress), represents catalytic forces and the various drives and impulses of the mind. Stablising this is the force of Jack (the emperor) who represents a service-to-others instinct and choice of behaviour. Jack here consistently leads the Empress to form (and recall) biases in regards to the other-self; as Rose was born into a rich society and figures to live out the rest of her life in that easy, although very disheartening and empty, strata. But the impulse that there is 'something more' leads her to Jack; and the love story consists of the two forces (catalyst and experience of mind) in interplay.

in the end, even Jack (the emperor) is swallowed by the infinite maw of the deep mind (the ocean). Rose, as the catalyst, lives on. Forever and always.

The deep mind is so centrally powerful in this film; it just cannot be expressed. It's might, it's all encompassing nature, it's boundless presence; it's engulfing self. It is awe-inspiring.

A truly amazing film. Well paired with Aliens as a popular classic; and one that resonates on levels that the public doesn't truly grasp, but they know something has been 'sounded' within the self that this is an important, satisfying, and heartening experience.

in almost constant tears the last 20 minutes. A soulful experience Mr James Cameron. You are one intuitive son of a gun. BigSmile

peace brother, I salute your skills of inspiration.

- -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmbw8OycJrE

[Image: BVjBdVN.jpg]

[Image: O5NBAvN.jpg]

[Image: HLmspog.jpg]

- -
Catwoman (2004)

this is a film that is absolutely lambasted and ridiculed as absolute shite. I, however, hold a different opinion.

I originally saw it in theatres almost 10 years ago, and quite enjoyed the film. It, however, was received poorly, and is still considered one of the worst superhero movie-adaptations in the recent era (say, since the onset of CGI).

I just did a rewatch just now, and still enjoy the film. It is not, by any means, an over-complex film; the plot and story-arc is quite evident from early on, and one is just along for the ride, to see how it plays out.

the critical, archetypal moments occur early in the film; Patience Phillips is killed by being flushed into the ocean from a great height. The ocean, again, represents the deep mind, and from this 'death', she is reborn (ressurected, the judgement card) as a new individual. The same, yet very different.

after this point, the rest of the film is about Catwoman retaking back her 'power', her 'femininity', her 'boldness'. It is a presentation of orange-ray unblockage, in every way. Here, orange ray is not about gaining 'superpowers' (or what is called in metaphysics 'siddhis'), but about the confidence, self-belief and self-empowerment that comes from fully unblocking orange ray.

Siddhi's, more bluntly speaking, are powers and the domain of indigo ray activation (or over-activation as the case may be).

but back to Catwoman. Yes, she is portrayed in the film as having lightning reflexes, superb senses, and the habits of a feline; but that is just illustration of the self-empowered self. Once you 'believe in yourself', release the self-doubts, be bold and adventurous, there is nothing that can stand in the way of such an individual. They are 'fearless'; totally and utterly. This is orange ray clearance.

the cats in the film represent some depiction of spiritual guides or guidance; they are omnipresent, and show themselves especially in moments of crisis; clustering around one and offering succor and possible advice on decisions that one can take to extricate (unblock) oneself from that situation.

the stuntwork is excellent, and the tracking shots in the first half hour of the film are most impressive. Cinematography in general is excellent and impressive. The CG is a little dated now ten years on, but is used sparingly enough.

a simple film, but one with a direct message.

I liked it the first time around; this time I liked it again, but can understand fully why I liked it.

Such is the archetypal power of art. It reaches down and reminds us of an important message. We just 'know' that something important is being communicated and conveyed.

good film.
Peaceful Warrior (2006)

about 15 min this film, one of the main characters (the 'mentor') drops this line:

Quote:There's no greater purpose than service to others.

I was flabbergasted to say the least!!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0438315/quotes
(11-09-2011, 01:50 PM)Aureus Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-09-2011, 01:31 PM)3DMonkey Wrote: [ -> ]I agree completely. Up until you said "dark ones".

I was really high when I thought this one up. With "Dark Ones" I don't mean it like Evil as in Starwars.

I guess a good definition for Dark would be; to withheld light/truth; impair polarization opportunities. I am well aware all is One, but the "darkness" needs to be balanced with Light for an incarnation experience to be valid. Now it is not, therefore instead of being sorted by Polarity, we now recieve huge amounts of energy to change our frequency to 4D.

I get the idea that this works like a free pass. The reason I think that is because in many channelings I've read that the energies currently affecting us is unable to leave anything untouched.

OffTopic: This time I got high I had to balance wisdom/love(in the form of service-to-others). On one hand, I had much greater understanding, on the other my wisdom could cause disharmony when overwhelming).

Isnt the balancing of wisdom/empathy a lesson? But not required to graduate third density, right? I'd say 4-5d, intuitively.

My point is that the system of archetypes is well beyond average human understanding. Just take one look at the world and dare say there has been no interference with our polarization.

The cage we have lived in for thousands of years is a construct of lie and deceit. And due to the complexity of the methods used, it inhibited fair play. You can't polarize if everything around you is based on fear and control.
When you refer to that state of the world in being unable to massively polarize millions i am not so sure. Theres always a way to polarize. U can start by making me a sandwich lolol. Or lets session hahaha n then u can make my sandwich. I am Ra. We have requested that what you call sound vibratory name sandwich.
(11-09-2011, 01:50 PM)Aureus Wrote: [ -> ]

When you refer to that state of the world in being unable to massively polarize millions i am not so sure. Theres always a way to polarize. U can start by making me a sandwich lolol. Or lets session hahaha n then u can make my sandwich. I am Ra. We have requested that what you call sound vibratory name sandwich.
Pages: 1 2