Bring4th

Full Version: I wont be participating here anymore
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i will not be participating here anymore, due to the immense difference in between my understanding and the understanding of politeness as expressed/expected in american culture. i think that things like telling things in roundabout ways to appear you are not telling what you are actually telling, refraining from telling what you actually think, evading expressing things that are already obvious but undesirable by society, and similar other things that are required by anglo-american political correctness, are dishonest and detriments on the path of spiritualism. its all about feel-good by make-believe and pretend.

i see that this is creating a lot of problems with the general percentage of participants in this environment, and problems for those who are maintaining this environment.

as i am not at all willing to let go of honesty for purposes of a social group finding me agreeable or harmonious, i am ceasing participation in this forum to evade problems. and no, i dont at all think that such fakery is compassion/politeness/caring either. nothing fake can ever be positive, nomatter how beautifully worded or redefined.

therefore, i thank participants for their discussions up till this point, and all the effort that went into this social environment. i may not be responding to responses made to me in this topic.
(11-14-2011, 08:02 AM)unity100 Wrote: [ -> ]i will not be participating here anymore, due to the immense difference in between my understanding and the understanding of politeness as expressed/expected in american culture. i think that things like telling things in roundabout ways to appear you are not telling what you are actually telling, refraining from telling what you actually think, evading expressing things that are already obvious but undesirable by society, and similar other things that are required by anglo-american political correctness, are dishonest and detriments on the path of spiritualism. its all about feel-good by make-believe and pretend.

i see that this is creating a lot of problems with the general percentage of participants in this environment, and problems for those who are maintaining this environment.

as i am not at all willing to let go of honesty for purposes of a social group finding me agreeable or harmonious, i am ceasing participation in this forum to evade problems. and no, i dont at all think that such fakery is compassion/politeness/caring either. nothing fake can ever be positive, nomatter how beautifully worded or redefined.

therefore, i thank participants for their discussions up till this point, and all the effort that went into this social environment. i may not be responding to responses made to me in this topic.

What if specific individuals give you permission to talk to them that way?

Now that I feel like I understand where you're coming from I don't find you offensive and I enjoy your posts.

Maybe i could make you a generic disclaimer ala q'uo that would go before your posts and in your sig? The purpose would be to warn the reader that they may interpret you as rude but that it is unintentional and due to cultural differences? It would assure the reader that you like him or her and that all criticisms are given out of a genuine desire to serve.

I could be your PR guy

All the best on your endeavours unity.

You'll meet people on your journey with open hearts, acting from genuine compassion. You'll find it hard to interact with these people, just as you have here.

So watch out - the universe likes to offer repeat catalyst :¬)

Much love and Namasté.
Unity i'll miss you. nothing fake about that. Heart Sad
Well, if that's how you feel. There is some truth to your perspective, in that other's reactions do point to their own catalyst, but they're not completely unwarranted. Communities must be harmonized however, and so it requires effort on both ends. You're welcome, and thank you also.
Have fun wherever you go. Smile
Bye Unity
-Conifer16- Adonai Vasu Borragus
Peace.
Thank you for all your contributions to our community, unity100!

You are loved. Peace and blessings to you! HeartHeartHeart
Peace be with you, always.
I tell you not to leave because you have a sharpness to your writing which I appreciate. There have been a few who have the same quality and it is really refreshing. I'm sure everyone here jumps to read the sharp and clear responses which actually have a new and interesting point or maybe a different way of looking at a matter than reading vague points, or reading incoherent and even misleading writing which leaves a reader confused.

Q'uo September 23, 2001
Quote:We find great beauty in this pattern. We do not understand it completely. As each of you works with your own spiritual journey we ask simply that you not fear the light-bringer who brings seeming destruction. For there must be that taken down as a preparation for that which is builded anew. There needs to be the removal of false concepts before the building of a fresh and vital concept.

Damn. I was hoping to one day go back and resolve that point about Ra's contact with Akhenaten. Oh the irony! BigSmile

As one who has upon many occasions been quite irritated by your posts, let me say I have not once found myself in the least offended.

By the way, congratulations on your graduation. I bid you adieu.

Godspeed in all your endeavors!
i wish you luck in your adventures. despite all the turbulence in the past you will be missed.
I really appreciated most of your posts and I'll miss your valuable input. Perhaps you could stay if you ignored people who you don't get along with, without you there will be less variety in opinion and approaches to conveying information. I hope you'll reconsider. I come from the culture in question and I agree with your criticisms of it, but not everyone follows those protocols, I certainly appreciate your honesty and logic.
Being of Teuton blood which is renowned for its directness the world over I can relate to your reasons. As an anglophile I have some appreciation for politeness, though.

German: 'Arschloch!' (a$$hole)
Englishman: 'My pleasure! Jones.'

At the right place it works wonders.

Though I'm not aware that we ever interacted verbally (probably because I'm not into discussions) I got valuable information through some of your posts. Thank you!

LIGHT, LOVE & LAUGHTER wherever you go!
Dr Meg?
(11-14-2011, 08:02 AM)unity100 Wrote: [ -> ]i will not be participating here anymore, due to the immense difference in between my understanding and the understanding of politeness as expressed/expected in american culture.

Originating from non-Anglo-American culture myself, I see your point. I have often expressed that a non-judgmental attitude is the golden key to managing any differences including cultural.
In a forum using the written word, words carry their own limitation ! 3D is another limited environment. All these limitations can be quite frustrating.

Quote:therefore, i thank participants for their discussions up till this point, and all the effort that went into this social environment. i may not be responding to responses made to me in this topic.

You are welcome brother. I thank you too for your participation. Good luck on your path. Just remember that, rather than your words, your heart is your path. However hard we each may try to be right with our words, they can never be (right). This is due to the limitation of the written word and also, the fact that words come mostly from the mind. The mind is forever cluttered by words, only the heart is free.

Peace and Light to you

Whitefeather
I am very late to this but I want to send love and light to unity. I love you, brother! You have spurred me on to much thought and I thank you for your service. I hope I was able to provide the same. Take care, friend!
Unity, as one who appreciates honesty I am sorry to see you go, although I don't recall crossing paths. If you will come back, I will be more than happy to debate with you.

Diversity is good. We all have different styles.
I have been reading these forums for last 6 months or so. Love the patient, compassionate vibe here.

I went back to read old threads, and even though it was a little annoying initially, but Unity100's perspectives slowly became clear to me. His kinda arguments/challenges are very important in my mind, because often good, compassionate groups suffer from lack of challenge, and same things being repeated forever. So many new age groups suffer form this and the resultant crop of egoistic leaders. India is a prominent example how the ideas of reincarnation/spirits/consciousness can be turned into a putrid mess over generations, when there are no challenges, and the "good/kind" authoritarianism creeps in.

It would be nice for Unity to start posting here again. "Spiritual experts" make the world boring, and suffocate the spiritual quest for me. A few challenges here and there to the infinity are always welcome.

Melissa

Agreed Manniz, I think unity's debating skills are simply phenomenal.
Yeah man, someone call Unity100 back!
(02-14-2014, 05:01 PM)rie Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah man, someone call Unity100 back!
i did it. here's their reply:

B4 is not a good place to debate on advanced spiritual matters. The
problem comes from the concept of political correctness. Something
deeply afflicting angloamerican cultures, and therefore
english-speaking internet.

At the point i had left, not only it was at a point at which i was
requested to not use 'you are wrong', or 'this is incorrect', but it
was at a point i was told that i should respond to people as if they
were correct (even if they are dead wrong in something like 'earth
revolves around the moon') AND then tell them the true/correct version
of what they are saying, WITHOUT making them aware that i was
correcting them.

This is unbelievably dishonest and irreconcilable - its basically
manipulating someone into thinking something else, WHILE giving
him/her the wrong impression that you think s/he is right. It doesnt
matter whether this is done with good intentions - its still
manipulation even if in the mild sense. This cannot be reconcilable
with the seeking of someone who is in search of higher rays than
green.

And if what people remember from what effort i have expended is me
merely providing a 'challenge' to them, my efforts would not seem too
fruitful. I tried to advocate thinking simple, being uncompromisingly
honest about one's self, spiritual thoughts, interactions with others,
and putting one's actions where one's mouth is. The advanced topics i
have tried to discuss are aside from this - they seem to have reached
a number of similar seekers who have contacted me from email.
"advanced spiritual matters" lol!
I wonder what they are, this 'advanced spiritual matters'...
Dunno, but must be involved with the world danger map.
The danger-worldview yeah that happens.

Melissa

TS, did you ask him if it was ok to post his response on the forums? (Just curious)
(02-15-2014, 04:39 AM)Melissa Wrote: [ -> ]TS, did you ask him if it was ok to post his response on the forums? (Just curious)
yeah

the reply:

"i dont mind you sharing them. im thinking of opening up a small forum
to accommodate a small number of people to discuss advanced spiritual
matters in peace. when it materializes, i may let you know."
(02-15-2014, 02:07 AM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]"advanced spiritual matters" lol!
another email from unity100:

zenmaster's reply in that thread has caught my attention. it is a very
low quality response, considering how he had willingly and fervently
participated in a lot of discussion topics i have brought. since i
dont think he is someone who doesnt have the mental capacity to
remember such things, i reckon there should be a reason for this
'lol'-grade response. can you shed any light on this curiosity?
Pages: 1 2