Bring4th

Full Version: Patterns out of Chaos
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm wondering if anyone else experiences this.

I can look at a wall that has dots or streaks all over it, or random smudges, and see patterns in it. Like faces. It might be the brain that
puts order to chaos.

Is this pretty common? Is it something about the brain doing that,
or is it consciousness?

I mean from completely random visual noise, my mind can even find
adorable characters. And these characters tell stories to me
by the way they are presented visually.

It's usually just faces that I see. Both human and animal.
Gemini Wolf

I see faces everywhere, too! In the clouds, in wall textures, in floor tile textures, in wood grains . . . . .

You're not alone on this one for sure!

Love and light to you, GW!

Meerie

In some of the photos that kia took, we could see orbs. and when you zoomed them closer, you would see faces in them too.
Some time ago, I meditated outside in the mountains, and I stared at a rock cliff in front of me. Suddenly faces and symbols appeared inside the rock, then I fell into some kind of trance and received information.
too bad that then a couple of hikers came by, and the noise made me go back to 3D life again.
OMG it's so awesome some of the faces. Cute wolfy characters. Sometimes dragons. They are so fangy sometimes, large fangs which are cool. I like cartoon fanginess.

I'm wondering if there is a psychological term for seeing faces in the randomness.

Or maybe it's driven by consciousness, so nothing is truly random.

There are a plethora of faces in our random carpet patterns.

I love how they emotionally tell me stories.

Meerie

(11-14-2011, 11:41 AM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]I'm wondering if there is a psychological term for seeing faces in the randomness.

here you go:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareidolia

There is also a story by Roald Dahl, about a boy who starts to see things in the carpet:
http://www.roalddahlfans.com/shortstories/wish.php
Thanks Meerie. The faces though I see seem to come from a bit more randomness than what they portray. But I think it's the same thing.

Unbound

Yeah, faces and patterns have always been part of my perception, I'm quite good at catching them.
(11-14-2011, 10:59 AM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]I'm wondering if anyone else experiences this.

I can look at a wall that has dots or streaks all over it, or random smudges, and see patterns in it. Like faces. It might be the brain that
puts order to chaos.

Is this pretty common? Is it something about the brain doing that,
or is it consciousness?

I mean from completely random visual noise, my mind can even find
adorable characters. And these characters tell stories to me
by the way they are presented visually.

It's usually just faces that I see. Both human and animal.

i love seeing faces. it's common in those who look. the brain is wired to recognize faces. it even creates them.