Bring4th

Full Version: Going Back Home :)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello fellow wanderers and/or fellow creators. I'm here to share a recent experience with all of you. Like many of us here I've had the feeling of being homesick and feeling like I don't fit in anywhere. Until this past summer...

I put this up in consideration that this experience was necessary for me and it may not be for everyone. I've been amazingly blessed to be drawn to a magnificent place. A place that I feel is fairly close to 4D, 5D life in 3D form, and now I feel that I have the honor/duty to tell you all about it.

I live in eastern Canada and I've been drawn to the mountains for some time. This summer through coincidence/fate I arrived at Yasodhara Ashram. I've come to learn that Yasodhara was the wife of the Buddha, or rather Prince Siddhartha. Although this was not named this way by the founder of the Ashram. You can research it's foundation on your own if it interests you.

This is not just a regular Ashram. It's an Ashram in the mountains of BC, Canada on Kootenay Lake with 150 acres of land. It's also an organic farm, yoga retreat, and a fairly ecologically/spiritually balanced community. They state they are non-denominational but I've found there to be a leaning towards Hinduism due to the teachings of the founder Swami Radha. There are many statues of Hindu deities but there are other kinds as well. Most of what is being practiced is the kundalini system of chakras and hatha yoga. The other main practice is the divine light invocation which is a standing group visualization. This goes along with the temple of divine light. Where everyone congregates nightly to sing, chant and pray together in service to love and light.

If you are between 18-30 you can stay there for free in exchange for what they call Karma Yoga, or selfless service. You would be working on the farm 6 days a week in exchange for a room and 3 meals a day. These are some awesome organic meals made by the kitchen staff that are mostly vegetarian, either from their farm or locally sourced. If you're over 30 then there is a daily cost for staying there unless you are an employee, involved in an internship or taking a course.

I've been there twice this summer and I'm going back again soon. It's been one of the richest experiences in my life so far in the positive sense. I'd have to imagine 4D would be like this, entities coming together in love and studying wisdom together openly. The only thing is that I wish there were more celebrations of joy and oneness in music and dancing there, then there already is. I hope to see some of you there so we may discuss the LOO in greater depth. My name is Andre Smile

You can find out for yourself at www.yasodhara.org

My question now is, are there any other places in the world like this that you have experienced??

Heart + :idea:
It sounds like Yogaville's Living Yoga Training program: http://www.livingyogatraining.org/ ( http://yogaville.org/ )

I used to really want to go there, then I switched to being more focused on living in the society I'm in now, and I'm comfortable with that. Part of me is scared of trying that lifestyle even though I know it has alot of potential for bringing out my really spiritual side. I'll have to think about it.

Unbound

Amazing! I'm from BC, I think I am going to make my way there when it is warmer! Very very interesting.... thanks!
That looks fantastic :¬)

I do find that the more balanced person can find harmony in a city, however, and not rely on such beautiful external circumstances. It's easy to be peaceful then :¬)

Having said that, I'd still love to try it!