Bring4th

Full Version: Faith
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I like having evidence for things, for the past several months I stopped believing in anything I didn't have evidence for, and then last night I got back in the groove here for some reason. People tell me believing in something "greater than your self" is good for you, regardless of what that belief is. Why?
Faith allows us to jump first and grow wings second. This accelerates our growth.

Had I followed logic in my life and not blindly trusted that the universe would take care of me, I would be stuck in a system which I ultimately disagree with. Because I chose to follow my heart despite lack of evidence or reason, I'm happier, more aware, and in a position I feel will allow me to fulfill my purpose here on Earth.

Meerie

I don't believe in evidence, think about it... how often have scientists said they have proof for this and that and turns out they were completely wrong afterwards?
I go for gut feeling and usually I am right. I believe the things that I feel to be true in my heart.
Sometimes I get flashes / insights that make shivers running up my spine and hair stand up, then I know there is usually something to it.
If you look at how your body reacts that might give you clues about things.
Of course someone elses truth may be entirely different from mine.
Science facts and evidence evolve - people have faith in new paradigms and then set about testing and exploring them, so the 2 aren’t really incompatible.

I don't have a 'Faith' as such I have lots of Christian friends.
I find the humility in there worship amazing, I'm trying to learn about this as being 'humble' isn't something I've ever been terribly good at. Blush
(11-16-2011, 01:38 AM)abridgetoofar Wrote: [ -> ]Faith allows us to jump first and grow wings second. This accelerates our growth.

Had I followed logic in my life and not blindly trusted that the universe would take care of me, I would be stuck in a system which I ultimately disagree with. Because I chose to follow my heart despite lack of evidence or reason, I'm happier, more aware, and in a position I feel will allow me to fulfill my purpose here on Earth.

Bang on!

Bashars offers this great advice (this is my condensed form, take on it)...

Hope leads to faith.
Faith leads to belief.
Belief leads to knowingness.
In knowingness, you are at one with the Creator.

Edit: 01:23 number synchro on post :¬)
Yeah, it seems I live almost exclusively through faith.

For me, it's about how much do I trust Creator?
(11-16-2011, 02:15 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, it seems I live almost exclusively through faith.

For me, it's about how much do I trust Creator?

Oh, that reminds me, trust is in there also...

Hope leads to faith.
Faith leads to belief.
Belief leads to trust.
Trust leads to knowingness.
In knowingness, you are at one with the Creator.

:¬)
(11-16-2011, 01:27 AM)turtledude23 Wrote: [ -> ]I like having evidence for things, for the past several months I stopped believing in anything I didn't have evidence for, and then last night I got back in the groove here for some reason. People tell me believing in something "greater than your self" is good for you, regardless of what that belief is. Why?

Simple... it's because 'evidence' only belongs to the five senses and, we are so much more (than the five senses).

The source of my faith are my direct experiences of the Divine through molecular, entheogenic technology...

There is no hesitation to embrace it, for I have come to a point where my "faith" is strong enough to be considered "knowingness". Because of it I can exist aligned in complete harmony with the Universe, and from my experiences I can say without a doubt in my mind that what the Law of One postulates is indeed absolute truth.
(11-16-2011, 06:21 PM)godwide_void Wrote: [ -> ]The source of my faith are my direct experiences of the Divine through molecular, entheogenic technology...

There is no hesitation to embrace it, for I have come to a point where my "faith" is strong enough to be considered "knowingness". Because of it I can exist aligned in complete harmony with the Universe, and from my experiences I can say without a doubt in my mind that what the Law of One postulates is indeed absolute truth.

I've tried 3 different hallucinogens (mushrooms, LSA [Hawaiian baby woodrose seeds], and 2C-I) at basic doses and each time I had a similar experience: no hallucinating, forced introspection, realizations, a generally unpleasant feeling, a desire to be closer to those around me. I think most people would have considered it a bad trip but I kept it under control. So when I hear about people saying they get these awesome spiritual experiences on hallucinogens I feel a little sad, I actually get more of a spiritual experience from marijuana in some regards so I guess I'm lucky I have that.

(11-16-2011, 06:00 PM)Whitefeather Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-16-2011, 01:27 AM)turtledude23 Wrote: [ -> ]I like having evidence for things, for the past several months I stopped believing in anything I didn't have evidence for, and then last night I got back in the groove here for some reason. People tell me believing in something "greater than your self" is good for you, regardless of what that belief is. Why?

Simple... it's because 'evidence' only belongs to the five senses and, we are so much more (than the five senses).

Statements like that sound nice but may not be true.
(11-16-2011, 10:15 PM)turtledude23 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-16-2011, 06:21 PM)godwide_void Wrote: [ -> ]The source of my faith are my direct experiences of the Divine through molecular, entheogenic technology...

I've tried 3 different hallucinogens (mushrooms, LSA [Hawaiian baby woodrose seeds], and 2C-I) at basic doses and each time I had a similar experience: no hallucinating, forced introspection, realizations, a generally unpleasant feeling, a desire to be closer to those around me. I think most people would have considered it a bad trip but I kept it under control. So when I hear about people saying they get these awesome spiritual experiences on hallucinogens I feel a little sad, I actually get more of a spiritual experience from marijuana in some regards so I guess I'm lucky I have that.

And what is so bad about the aforementioned results? One seems to take "spiritual experience" to mean some ineffable and corporeal event or machination, when really it entails much more than that. You had no hallucinations, therefore no distractions. You were made to view yourself in total, nothing hidden, and were made to analyse and scrutinize yourself. From this contemplation you chanced upon epiphanies and the unpleasant feeling is your subconscious yearning to be in a more harmonious realm, and you simply no longer match the lower vibrations of this place. Clearly, you had a spiritual experience, as well as a psychedelic/consciousness-expanding one.

Do not forget that our work is here, on Earth. We are here to work on ourselves. My entheogenic experiences have shown me much, and taught me much, but in the end it is how I integrate what I learned from my visionary quests into my daily life that seals the deal.
(11-16-2011, 10:15 PM)turtledude23 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-16-2011, 06:00 PM)Whitefeather Wrote: [ -> ]

Statements like that sound nice but may not be true.

By this statement, do you mean that you do not think it is true that you are more than your five senses? So, you feel that you are defined only by your five senses? So, do you have feelings? What about intuition?
What defines who you feel you are, then?

Smile
i've always followed my own logic. my logic follows intuition and love. dunno what those two follow. i just know i have an internal logic and it tells me when something sounds off. the problem is my mind doesn't always trust that i know best. there's so many others telling me their version of truth and it doesn't resonate with me, but i trust they're good people. this especially includes the channelings i've read.

Even health insurance companies like it if you pray, or meditate, because statistically speaking people who do suffer from fewer health related issues Smile So maybe that's the angle your friends are coming from?

Otherwise, why proof? Well, some find it helpful and I'm certain many people here can explain more on that end. Personally I've never held faith as a central concept in my seeking. I think there are already many things that make faith obsolete, if you will. (Not to discount it at all of course)... UFOs, paranormal phenomena, etc. Or if you wanted to look outside of scientifically controversial things and focus instead on scientifically mainstream ideas, just check out quantum mechanics. Or leading cosmology. Popular sentiment in science circles is that all of these things are just normal aspects of the universe we live in, nothing that equates to a finger pointing towards God. But I just don't buy that. It's all too mysterious and wonderful.

Heck, even ignoring all of that, look at consciousness. What is that anyways, where did it come from and why? Evolution of course, but that's about as much in the way of explaining it as saying that the reason the Titanic sank was because of water. BigSmile In short, I see the divine all around me pretty much all the time. It's not really faith... just a different perspective I suppose.

Much L&L,
Eric