Bring4th

Full Version: Where else have you found the spirit of the LOO?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings all, from Sydney, Australia.

I've recently read the "Law of One" series and a whole bunch of other material in the llresearch library, and by extension found my way onto these forums. 

I was going to post in the "Wanderer Stories" thread, but I don't know/care if I'm a wanderer or not, and I figured I could start this thread to a better end.

My question to you guys, is where have you found other material that carries the message or the spirit of the LOO? Prior to finding the Ra Material, I had read things like "Illusions" by Robert Bach, "The Celestine Prophesy" by James Redfield and every novel by Tom Robbins.

These books served to break down and rebuild my view on reality and ethics, so when I finally picked up the Law of One, it was more like "Oh right, that's how this all fits together", rather than, "These are the answers I've been looking for my whole life!"

"Illusions" served as a good introductory course to the lessons of free will and the illusionary nature of our reality.

"The world is your exercise book, the pages on which you do your sums. It is not reality, although you can express reality there if you wish.
You are also free to write nonsense, or lies, or to tear the pages."

"The Celestine Prophesy" on the other hand, opened my eyes to synchronicity and the spiritual awakening of the people around me.

Tom Robbins seems to have a different dash of the LOO in each of his novels. He deals with all kinds of things from Pyramids, to free will, to coexisting contradictions, to the veils of society and religions, to ET transmission, to vibrations, to dealing with catalyst and so on. To list what I found in all of them would take all day, but I will say I found "Still Life With Woodpecker", "Even Cowgirls Get The Blues", "Skinny Legs And All" and "Another Roadside Attraction" the most enlightening.

I do want to share this quote from "Even Cowgirls Get The Blues", as it's my number one go to I keep in mind whenever I'm dealing with catalyst.

"So you think you're a failure, do you? Well, you probably are. What's wrong with that? In the first place, if you've any sense at all you must have learned by now that we pay just as dearly for our triumphs as we do for our defeats. Go ahead and fail. But fail with wit, fail with grace, fail with style. A mediocre failure is as insufferable as a mediocre success. Embrace failure! Seek it out! Learn to love it. That may be the only way any of us will ever be free."

There are other places where I have encountered LOO spirited material, but perhaps this is enough for now. I wanted to share should any of these text be of interest or help to someone else out there, and also because I'd like to see if the members of this community might have anything they'd like to recommend to the rest of us.

It's exciting and lightens my heart when I see the messages of Ra alive in the creaks and crevices of our culture. I think it would be nice to illuminate as many of them as possible.

Stay classy.
(11-20-2011, 05:37 AM)TheFifty9Sound Wrote: [ -> ]"So you think you're a failure, do you? Well, you probably are. What's wrong with that? In the first place, if you've any sense at all you must have learned by now that we pay just as dearly for our triumphs as we do for our defeats. Go ahead and fail. But fail with wit, fail with grace, fail with style. A mediocre failure is as insufferable as a mediocre success. Embrace failure! Seek it out! Learn to love it. That may be the only way any of us will ever be free."
I think it's important to embrace one's limitations. These limitations were precisely planned as a lesson and their possible transcendence was also planned for if and when that lesson would be learned.

Ra used terms originated in the work of some individuals: "Wanderers" came from George Hunt Williamson. "Higher Self" came from Roberto Assagioli. "Thought forms" came from Theosophy. "Space/time" and "time/space" from Samuel Alexander and Dewey Larson. The general philosophy seems to be Dialectical Monism.
Welcome, Fifty9, and thanks for the post. Tom Robbins' books are such a joy to read on so many levels: characters, humor, plots and, not least, worldview. I haven't gotten to all of them, but none has disappointed. I agree that he seems plugged into the Law, aware of it or not.

I can't comment on Celestine or Illusions.
Hi TheFifty9Sound,

Great to see another Aussie here. ALthough i read a lot on this site i havent posted a lot, for various reasons i suppose.

I agree it is uplifting to see subtle signs of the Law of One or Ra material in parts of the community etc, whether by design or coincidenece. Australia is a place where the light should really start to shine.

Anyway, welcome.

i read the celestine prophecy about 15 years ago, and really liked it and have always been interested in similar philosophy etc, i probably started with Sophies World i think it is called and all those themes just seemed so true to me, but it wasnt until i accidentally discovered a book by Gurdjieff, "Meetings with Remarkable Men" on the shelf at my in laws that i eventually found my way to the Ra material by searching on the net and then blam, it was like where has this been hiding!!

Well apologies, i just see that was my first post..who am i kidding!!

I must have put in a one or two chat comments previously, but anyway hi to everyone else on here. Love all your stuff. Long time reader first (2nd now) time poster!

The novel Steppenwolf by Hermann Hesse.

[Image: 37a.jpg]

Was very good and I highly recommend it. Here is a good description.

"It is a discourse of a man who believes himself to be of two natures: one high, the spiritual nature of man; while the other is low, animalistic; a "wolf of the steppes". This catautonomous man is entangled in an irresolvable struggle, never content with either nature because he cannot see beyond this self-made concept.

The pamphlet gives an explanation of the multifaceted and indefinable nature of every man's soul, which Harry is either unable or unwilling to recognize. It also discusses his suicidal intentions, describing him as one of the "suicides"; people who, deep down, knew they would take their own life one day. But to counter this it hails his potential to be great, to be one of the "Immortals"."
Per Zenmaster's recommendation, I picked up some of Carl Jung's works (some of the easier-reads), and was pleasantly surprised to see some parallels. Jung's psychological method of "working with opposites" is strikingly similar to Ra's description of balance and the balancing technique. Jung also studied Archetypes (what other psychologists may call "archaic remnants") in-depth through mythology, symbolism, and general exploration of the unconscious. They have some differing terminology and practical expressions, but can easily be drawn as parallels to Ra's description of this Logoi's archetypes.

Jung also did a fascinating little piece on Synchronicity which obviously fits the Law of One bill.
Near the shower. Smile I'm not sure if it is a fun spirit though, it can stink to have it around sometimes Smile lol.

-Conifer16- Adonai Vasu Borragus
Welcome to TheFifty9Sound and Hag -

I find hints of LOO in almost everything I read. I grew up reading the Bible and I see it there - but you have to be able to sort it out, so to speak. I've read almost everything Richard Bach wrote - Johnathan Livingston Seagull, Illusions etc, & Celestine Prophecy. Have also read all of Shirley McClain's books - interesting stuff there. Have found some of the concepts Ra gives information about in CS Lewis books, The Chronicles of Narnia and his space trilogy: Perelandra, Out of the Silent Planet, and That Hideous Strength. Right now am reading the circle series by Ted Dekker, started with Black, and am currently reading Red.

Sagittarius - looks like Steppenwolf will be next on my read list!

Light and love, y'all!
Thank you to those who welcomed me!
I'm keen to start looking into some of these books, this is exactly what I was after.

Another place I've found traces of the LOO is on the album Vheissu by Thrice. Here is a little snippet from the chorus of a song called "Music Box"

"We are not alone, we feel an unseen love
We are sons and heirs of grace
We are children of a light that never dims
A love that never dies, keep your chin up child
And wipe the tears from your eyes"

I feel like that's a nice little affirming message Smile
Good quote there 59. It gives me some encouragement. Thanks.
Yeah, but Robbins has always had his tongue inserted so far into his cheek that he might be considered a cannibal. Lets not confuse satire with philosophy.

Is he promoting it or making fun of it. I suspect the latter.

Richard
Interesting point Richard. I've sat here for a while considering it, as I've never been challenged on him before. I guess I consider him to promote what he once called "Crazy wisdom"

"Crazy wisdom is, of course, the opposite of conventional wisdom. It is wisdom that deliberately swims against the current in order to avoid being swept along in the numbing wake of bourgeois compromise, wisdom that flouts taboos in order to undermine their power; wisdom that evolves when one, whilst refusing to avert ones gaze from the sorrows and injustices of the world, insists on joy in spite of everything; wisdom that embraces risk and eschews security, wisdom that turns the tables of neurosis by lampooning it, the wisdom of those who neither seek authority nor willingly submit to it."

(I love my quotes, don't I?) Tongue

I guess the only thing I can say with any certainty, is that his work has always encouraged me to think for myself and further my seeking - And I can understand if it resonates differently with others.

What books have you read, might I ask? That might help me further understand your perspective.
(11-22-2011, 11:54 PM)TheFifty9Sound Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting point Richard. I've sat here for a while considering it, as I've never been challenged on him before. I guess I consider him to promote what he once called "Crazy wisdom"

"Crazy wisdom is, of course, the opposite of conventional wisdom. It is wisdom that deliberately swims against the current in order to avoid being swept along in the numbing wake of bourgeois compromise, wisdom that flouts taboos in order to undermine their power; wisdom that evolves when one, whilst refusing to avert ones gaze from the sorrows and injustices of the world, insists on joy in spite of everything; wisdom that embraces risk and eschews security, wisdom that turns the tables of neurosis by lampooning it, the wisdom of those who neither seek authority nor willingly submit to it."

(I love my quotes, don't I?) Tongue

I guess the only thing I can say with any certainty, is that his work has always encouraged me to think for myself and further my seeking - And I can understand if it resonates differently with others.

What books have you read, might I ask? That might help me further understand your perspective.

Hi 59,

Oh, he is a wordsmith no doubt. And one of my favorite authors. But he's totally irreverent about everything. So, I've never been sure if he believes all he writes or if he is lampooning those that that embrace the various belief systems.

I put his style of writing in the same class as James P. Blaylock. Both authors seem to have an innate sense of the sometime absurdity of human endeavor. That they communicate in the form of fiction.

Jitterbug Perfume was Robbins best work, in my opinion. I've read everything else he's written all the while hoping he could write another like it. Everything has been good....but not nearly as much fun.

(Blaylock quote I like: Middle ground has become the rarest sort of real estate.)

Richard

I just had a look around on the net for some reviews on his books, just to see what others have said, and "irreverent" was mentioned on more than one occasion. So I guess you have a point, and are not the only one to have observed that quality in his work.

I like to think that at times he stirs the pot, and that he is most irreverent about those things that seem to attempt standardization or taming of the spirit. That was really key for  me when I began my "seeking" in that it encouraged me to adjust my perspective.

Perhaps I'd enjoy Blaycock if you think he has a similar style to Robbins? Any recommendations?
Namaste All! This is my first post, I though I'd start off small and work my way up, so to speak Wink

"The Third Millennium: Living in the Posthistoric World" by Ken Carey. This has been the most harmonious book to the Law of One material I've read to date. Google Books has a limited preview that can be viewed for free online.

If you have any questions about this book, or would like me to elaborate more, please let me know and I'd be happy to do so.

Try playing the new elder scrolls game called Skyrim if your into video games.

The whole game reeks of the Law of One. Basically 90% of the quests has to do with the choice between STO and STS. The game also came out on 11/11/11.
I have read hundreds of spiritual books over decades, and I have never encountered anything less distorted than the Ra material. I am delighted that you found it. Welcome to Oneness.