Bring4th

Full Version: Mercury Retrograde
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
WOOHOO max nuttiness will begin during thanksgiving dinnerBigSmile
I will be waiting to hear the stories LoL! (i don't celebrate holidays)

http://www.astrologycom.com/mercret.html
Quote:Mercury Shadow Phases

Many astrologers consider that the "Mercury Shadow" begins between two and three weeks before the actual retro station; so the shadow phase begins this time on November 5, when Mercury passes the point of direct station for the first time in this cycle (see the date for the beginning of each shadow period in the table). Weird things often start to happen then, but the really noticeable peculiarities begin when Mercury slows significantly, a few days before the retro station.

The Mercury Shadow extends to the return date, something under three weeks after the direct station. Bear this in mind, because experience shows that the effects of the retro period are still marked during the shadow phase. Some of the most characteristic annoyances often occur just after Mercury makes the direct station, while he is crawling forward before picking up speed.

What does Mercury affect?

In general, Mercury rules thinking and perception, processing and disseminating information and all means of communication, commerce, education and transportation. By extension, Mercury rules people who work in these areas, especially those who work with their minds or their wits: writers and orators, consultants, commentators and critics, gossips and spin doctors, salespeople, teachers, travellers, tricksters and thieves. Mercury also has an occult side, so healing, astrology and the transmission of spiritual knowledge are also in his area.

Mercury retrograde gives rise to personal misunderstandings; flawed, disrupted, or delayed communications, negotiations and trade; glitches and breakdowns with phones, computers, cars, buses, and trains. And all of these problems usually arise because some crucial piece of information, or component, has gone astray or awry.

It is not exactly wise to make important decisions while Mercury is retrograde, since it is likely that such decisions will be clouded by misinformation, poor communication and careless thinking. Mercury is all about mental clarity and the power of the mind, so when Mercury is retrograde these intellectual characteristics tend to be less acute than usual, as the critical faculties are dimmed. Make sure you pay attention to the small print!
great, as if i don't have enough problems.
Interesting :¬)

I'd quite like a (Google / iCal) calendar with dates for all this stuff on!

3DMonkey

I've always wondered how exactly it is that a planet can have an effect on a person's personal life, let alone how a planet such as Mercury could be able to dictate our mental cognition, social skills, perception and intellect.
(11-21-2011, 12:32 AM)godwide_void Wrote: [ -> ]I've always wondered how exactly it is that a planet can have an effect on a person's personal life, let alone how a planet such as Mercury could be able to dictate our mental cognition, social skills, perception and intellect.

I thought it was based on the position of the moon when you were born.
magnetism? i see the solar system as the workings of a clock. all these things going around.

3DMonkey

(11-21-2011, 12:32 AM)godwide_void Wrote: [ -> ]I've always wondered how exactly it is that a planet can have an effect on a person's personal life, let alone how a planet such as Mercury could be able to dictate our mental cognition, social skills, perception and intellect.

I see it as symmetries of existence. As above so below. The cosmos mimics the symmetry of an atom. We are somewhere in between stages. So, why wouldn't the macrocosm reflect our personal 'cosm' Smile
is it gonna affect the elections?
How many times has Mercury gone retrograde already this year? It seems like it does it all the time.

3DMonkey

When any planet is retrograde, this is the time to go within. It is not the time, as Pickle stated in regards to Mercury, to sign deals, make contracts, or make any outward decisions. It's the the time to go within and consider, and feel, these things.
(11-20-2011, 10:15 PM)3DMonkey Wrote: [ -> ]LOL, Namaste. Calendars! Smile

http://www.cafeastrology.com/astrologyof...copes.html

Goodness me, that'll do!

Haha, thanks :¬)

In my understanding it's due to the harmonics of the planets, in terms of sacred geometry, rotation, relative positions and time.

All matter has an energetic counterpart. There is a lot of evidence pointing at sacred geometry throughout the fractals of experience (molecules, cells, humans, planets, stars etc).

The geometric shapes are based upon frequencies, as cymatics show...

Note that we're only seeing a two dimensional representation of the sound. It's actually three dimensional (and likely far more).

Hence, the positions of the stars, and the stars themselves, equate to harmonic geometrical shapes, and hence varying levels of energy/frequency that saturate our experience. It's these energies that effect our consciousness. The positions of the planets are but pointers to this.

Update: here's a calendar that can be imported...

http://www.nancyschorr.com/p/google-calendar.html
That video is insane, Namaste. I've heard of the experiment but never watched it, thank you for it. Smile Your input also is appreciated as I now have a slightly better grasp of the mechanics of the process I was curious about.
(11-21-2011, 12:09 PM)Diana Wrote: [ -> ]When any planet is retrograde, this is the time to go within. It is not the time, as Pickle stated in regards to Mercury, to sign deals, make contracts, or make any outward decisions. It's the the time to go within and consider, and feel, these things.

So when's the best time to start new relationships?

So Namaste, can we assume that in 4D the patterns will be even more complex? Maybe the laws of physics will change, as will gravity and the like.

3DMonkey

When? Now is always a good time Wink
(11-21-2011, 12:24 PM)godwide_void Wrote: [ -> ]That video is insane, Namaste. I've heard of the experiment but never watched it, thank you for it. Smile Your input also is appreciated as I now have a slightly better grasp of the mechanics of the process I was curious about.

Incredible isn't it!

The effect of the alignments of planets is actually their geometric counterparts in harmonic alignment/frequency.

Imagine also, that when you speak (or even think), you're creating these geometrical forms in another dimension of experience. In fact, anything you do produces these forms :¬)

(11-21-2011, 12:28 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]So Namaste, can we assume that in 4D the patterns will be even more complex? Maybe the laws of physics will change, as will gravity and the like.

That's exactly what I believe Tom, on all points :¬)

Another interesting thing to note, on the subject of viewing 'stuff' in a limited number of dimensions, is the sine wave.

You always see it plotted such as this:

[Image: Sine-Wave1.png]

They are actually two dimensional representations of the three dimensional spiral!

[Image: spiral_steps.jpg]

Another view:

[Image: 260px-Logarithmic_Spiral_Pylab.svg.png]

The 'direction' and dimensionality that one studies such objects makes a profound difference.
Namaste,

That swirl looks almost like the phi ratio, otherwise known as the golden ratio.

[Image: image19.gif]

You know the sine wave is like having a point on a circle that rotates. It tracks the x-coordinate of the point. Cosine tracks the Y-coordinate. Or is it the other way? I know they are 90-degrees out of phase.
omg. the golden ratio is something illusory. like watching a swirl from above.

3DMonkey

I've always viewed it as simple math. Doubling. Seems like a no brainer for nature.
I think he meant it is the view of a spiral staircase, from above. That sort of illusion.

3DMonkey

heh? an illusion?
like in inception
Here is what I was talking about. I saw Inception but don't remember it.

[Image: 800px-TulipStair_QueensHouse_Greenwich.jpg]
(11-21-2011, 01:43 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]That swirl looks almost like the phi ratio, otherwise known as the golden ratio.

[Image: image19.gif]

You know the sine wave is like having a point on a circle that rotates. It tracks the x-coordinate of the point. Cosine tracks the Y-coordinate. Or is it the other way? I know they are 90-degrees out of phase.

That's why I picked it BigSmile

Yes exactly, it tracks x and y on the 2D plane. It's the third plane, z, which yields 3D space, that people forget (or have no idea) the sine wave is representing. The movement along z creates the spiral from the circular motion.

(11-21-2011, 09:56 PM)Pickle Wrote: [ -> ]I think he meant it is the view of a spiral staircase, from above. That sort of illusion.

I did indeed :¬)

Simply, the sine wave represents a spiral, shown in limited dimensions.
how cool. i wish they taught this in schools.
(11-22-2011, 09:50 AM)Oceania Wrote: [ -> ]how cool. i wish they taught this in schools.

They do to a point: fractal geometry and fibonacci numbers. Only at the level of theoretical physics, and in particular the subatomic realm, does it start to get fun Smile.
(11-21-2011, 12:28 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-21-2011, 12:09 PM)Diana Wrote: [ -> ]When any planet is retrograde, this is the time to go within. It is not the time, as Pickle stated in regards to Mercury, to sign deals, make contracts, or make any outward decisions. It's the the time to go within and consider, and feel, these things.

So when's the best time to start new relationships?

I'm not an astrologer, but I would look at the whole chart. Perhaps when Venus and/or Jupiter are in your 7th house (for a short-term affair--5th house).
(11-21-2011, 12:10 PM)Namaste Wrote: [ -> ]In my understanding it's due to the harmonics of the planets, in terms of sacred geometry, rotation, relative positions and time.

All matter has an energetic counterpart. There is a lot of evidence pointing at sacred geometry throughout the fractals of experience (molecules, cells, humans, planets, stars etc).

The geometric shapes are based upon frequencies, as cymatics show...

Seriously cool video Smile.
they didn't teach me that stuff. i'd have been better if it had been about sine waves and quantum physics.
(11-22-2011, 12:55 PM)Oceania Wrote: [ -> ]they didn't teach me that stuff. i'd have been better if it had been about sine waves and quantum physics.

Do you read about it now? The Holographic Universe (Michael Talbot) and The Fourth Dimension (Rudy Rucker) are very good books. Parallel Universes (Fred Alan Wolf) is good too. And David Bohm's Wholeness and the Implicate Order is good, but has math in it as well and less of a layman's book.
Smile
Just lost the net for a sec, after getting back on I see that the guy in London I was talking to dropped also. Then a look at one of the forums and they were empty of users.
Pages: 1 2