Bring4th

Full Version: The Secret Life of Plants
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The link below upon which I am drawing your attention is a film made in the seventies, The Secret Life of Plants, in eleven parts, on youtube. This is an old film, a detail which makes it more surprising that in spite of this information being widely available, it seems like we have not got the message yet as a society. The message is obviously taking its time to reach social awareness as it is too often the case regarding important collective awareness of our environment. This reminds us of an earlier event in social history. The discovery in early 16th century that Earth was a spherical celestial body rather than a flat plane was first met with only mockeries from the public as well as from the scientists. It took many years and much scepticism in order for this new paradigm to become part of a new understanding of our environment and our human consciousness.

After watching this video, you may want to ask yourself who wants to disrupt the delicate and beautiful amazing life of plants by weeding them, smashing them and eating them amongst other things. That would be a good question to start with because there are solutions to all problems. However, to find solutions requires from us, before using our free will, to start asking the right questions for answers leading to gaining awareness.

I would like to do a brief presentation of the video film for facilitating further exchange of views.

The film presents Sir Jagdish Chandra Bose who was born in Bengal, now Bengladesh on 30 November 1858. At the beginning of the following century, this physicist, botanist and biologist who had invented the crescograph started scientific experimentation on plants and demonstrated that “All the characteristic responses exhibited by animal tissue are also to be found in plants”. He further proved that “plants have a sensory system similar to humans”. He went to present his findings at The Royal Society in London but was too advanced for his time and it is fifty years later, in 1966 that his findings were acknowledged and his experimentations taken seriously and duplicated.
Some of the new findings include that the mere intent by a human being to burn a plant, causes a huge reaction in the plant, a reaction which could be seen on a polygraph. It was also demonstrated that plants react to any termination of life happening in their immediate environment, that plants carry an awareness that binds all things together, etc. The film goes on describing that those findings and many more should change the whole picture of how we interact with plants because we are affecting them all the time and they also affect us back.

Part five is about talking plants and singing plants. In an experiment, we actually hear the plants making sounds as a reaction to people’s presence and moods as well as changing their sounds according to different passer's by. In Japan there were experiments of talking cactus.

According to further research in Russia, plants may even have thoughts, can recognize assailants and it is postulated that in a short future, we may find ways to understand the way plants express their wishes since they should be able to controlling their intake of water and nutrients. We would only have to understand their language for reaching a state of harmony within our natural environment.

Part eight is about the Dogon, a people in Africa who live at the SW and on the edge of the Sahara desert. They have a ritual celebrating the movement of the star “Po tolo” orbiting the star Sirius in the constellation Canis Major. For the Dogons, the star Po tolo is the Eye of the world, a ‘germinated seed’ from which they received all knowledge. Recently science confirmed that Sirius has a companion star invisible to the naked eye and orbiting Sirius, the Digitaria star.

The video goes on presenting experimentation on bio-communication starting in 1962. It was concluded that there is consciousness in the plant realm. The work of an engineer, Lawrence, confirms that plants are receiving messages from outer space. Apparently he intercepted through instruments, messages to the plants from the constellation Ursa Major. His conclusions include that plants are actually witnesses of the chaos of the human condition before passing the message to stars and constellations.

For the very excellent documentary regarding the Secret Life of Plants, part 1.
In part 1, you may skip the first seven minutes if your time availability is limited
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8kO5AF-lj4

You will find the sequential parts on the right hand side column.

Welcome to the world of plants, also our world.

HeartSmile
Thanks for sharing, Whitefeather.

Here is a thread about eating animals which also has a lot of discussion about consciousness in plants scattered throughout:

Life on Planet Earth > In regards to eating meat
(11-27-2011, 01:31 PM)Bring4th_Monica Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for sharing, Whitefeather.

Here is a thread about eating animals which also has a lot of discussion about consciousness in plants scattered throughout:

Life on Planet Earth > In regards to eating meat

Thank you Monica,

I am aware of the In regards to eating meat thread but I don't want to participate in the thread. Besides, though I made a short post there a couple of days ago, it is too long a thread really to start reading it now. Two or three weeks ago I tried to however and, started reading from the start but did not go past page three which is where I discovered your reply to a few things I was saying (which were moved here from another thread which is why I was unaware of your last reply).

In your reply you were asking to understand more about plants, so I dug this old video for you. Smile Thank you for asking those questions btw.

This post about plants is for raising awareness about the intricacy of their life and their amazing abilities as well as their functions in regards to the Law of One. The thing which more amazes me is probably their function as 'spy' (for the lack of a better word). They are continuously spying on us and 'reporting' to the stars (which they are in communication with), it is amazing! I love that about them. Also I love the way they interact with us on the emotional level. I find plants are wonderful and amazing life forms and can be great companions much like pets.

It surprises me that in spite of the knowledge gathered from those experiments back to the sixties and even before with the J.C. Bose findings, experiments of which there is probably a great deal more, this awareness of the life of plants remains very much on the background of our societal awareness and neglected.

Long live the plants! BigSmile

Heart
Whitefeather

I so completely agree with you about plants! I LOVE plants! I have always been the "weird plant lady" who could revive a nearly dead, buggy plant. People still bring me their plants to revive them. I really do talk to them, sing to them, love them, touch them, thank them and commune with them much the same way - as you said - I would a pet or a friend! I have one plant that I've had with me since my Mom died in 1984! It brings me so much comfort, and has kept me company through 2 divorces and several moves!

And I hug trees, too!

And I confess, I haven't take time, yet, to watch the video, but I will!

Thanks again Whitefeather!

Long live the plants!
(11-28-2011, 10:33 PM)Ruth Wrote: [ -> ]Whitefeather

I so completely agree with you about plants! I LOVE plants! I have always been the "weird plant lady" who could revive a nearly dead, buggy plant. People still bring me their plants to revive them. I really do talk to them, sing to them, love them, touch them, thank them and commune with them much the same way - as you said - I would a pet or a friend!

It is wonderful to hear you. I am a bit the same. I can hear plants talking to me, and trees and... it is not my voice, it is their! I learned so much from them. In fact, when one tunes to them, they can tell you about everything that had ever happened upon Earth! And, they only need love ... oh, and some water (lol) but then, we can make water be love. BigSmile

Quote:I have one plant that I've had with me since my Mom died in 1984! It brings me so much comfort, and has kept me company through 2 divorces and several moves!

It is awesome! That plant loves you. It knows what it is doing as a friend.

Quote:And I hug trees, too!

So you do too! We have a giant sycamore in our tiny garden which our insensitive neighbors keep cutting on their side. Well, this tree is a most dear friend! We have deep talks.

Quote:And I confess, I haven't take time, yet, to watch the video, but I will!

You will enjoy it sister! What I like about this film is that it gives us support to what we feel and we've always known in the depth of our being. It is scientifically proven so we can now put our fist on the table, so to say, by networking the documentary amongst friends and family. Tongue

Quote:Thanks again Whitefeather!

Long live the plants!

Hahaha! In the case of your friend plant, that is certainly true!
Your post made me so happy... I am still laughing with joy!

Heart
About science backing me up - and perhaps this should be a different thread - I don't much care what science "proves" or "disproves". I am a spiritual being, and put far greater stock/belief into what I KNOW spiritually (like hearing plants and trees and animals talk - or at least sensing their energies) than I do in what someone thinks they can prove scientifically. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy reading or watching vids like the one you posted that share information from other spiritual beings who are trying to demonstrate how things really are, but it doesn't change what I know/feel.

Does that make any sense to you?

I guess what I'm trying to say is that science follows spirit, not the other way around.

Light and love!
Thank you for sharing this, Whitefeather.

I want to point out that in Middle Eastern culture, trees that bare fruit have great signifcance to an extent which is not commonly known today.
It is said that each type of plant (mainly big trees with fruits) invite spirits to reside beneath them. For an example, a pommegranate tree has a different spirit than a vine tree. I am not well informed in the subject but i do know that you can communicate with those spirits. I will look into the subject and come back with more.
I think that you might be hearing the voices of these spirits and not the plants themselves. Though, i heard that some people consider part of those spirits to be negative.
Just like in Feng Shui, placement and positioning has great importance. Planting a vine tree infront of your doorstep could be good while planting a Loquat tree could be bad. Proportionatly ofcourse.

I believe that the Japanese have similar ideas in their Shinto religion.

I will come back with more, i hope.

Peace.
Thank you, Crown!
(11-29-2011, 12:10 PM)Ruth Wrote: [ -> ]About science backing me up - and perhaps this should be a different thread - I don't much care what science "proves" or "disproves". I am a spiritual being, and put far greater stock/belief into what I KNOW spiritually (like hearing plants and trees and animals talk - or at least sensing their energies) than I do in what someone thinks they can prove scientifically. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy reading or watching vids like the one you posted that share information from other spiritual beings who are trying to demonstrate how things really are, but it doesn't change what I know/feel.

Does that make any sense to you?

I guess what I'm trying to say is that science follows spirit, not the other way around.

I agree, as I wrote a couple of posts above, "What I like about this film is that it gives us support to what we feel and we've always known in the depth of our being."

You'll find on this link what prompted me to research the support of science in regards to plants, http://www.bring4th.org/forums/showthrea...239&page=3, posts # 49 and 50. You will see that questions were asked and, because I was challenged to find evidence, so I did. It is the video. Smile

Also, as I posted earlier, it was only a few weeks ago that I became aware of Monica's reply but dating back to March last year!

Below are a few excerpts of post # 50.

(03-23-2010, 01:18 AM)Bring4th_Monica Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-18-2009, 04:52 PM)Whitefeather Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-18-2009, 06:29 PM)Bring4th_Monica Wrote: [ -> ]I perceive its life force as being radiant and happy to merge with mine. I don't think its life force has exited its body when I pull it out of the ground, as the soul of a deer exits its body when the bullet kills its body in a bloody act of violence.
I agree. The life force of the lettuce is only fading away slowly from the moment it is taken away from its nourishing ground. :-/ And it is only when it is actually under our teeth that it starts to suffer and die, not very differently than when a tiger eats a live animal.

I respectfully disagree. On what basis do you think the lettuce is suffering? I see no evidence of that. …

(10-18-2009, 06:29 PM)Bring4th_Monica Wrote: [ -> ]The carrots and potatoes are definitely still alive. They continue to grow sprouts until their life force merges with mine.
Oh yes, they are trying hard to survive until the last second.

Again, on what basis are you presupposing this? This sounds like mere speculation. Why do you attribute 3D characteristics (free will, sentience) to 2D entities? …

(10-18-2009, 06:29 PM)Bring4th_Monica Wrote: [ -> ]The slaughter of an animal against its will is death. It's violence.
And the lettuces, aren't we acting against their will or do we ask their consent before eating them raw?

Your question presupposes that 2D plants have free will. Do they?

(10-18-2009, 04:52 PM)Whitefeather Wrote: [ -> ]As a shaman, I have seldomly see a life which wants to be eaten or, to perish, so far and, this includes plants.

Under what circumstances did you observe plants about to be eaten? Did you observe plants about to be harvested by a machine? In which case, of course the spirit fled in terror! Or, did you observe a lettuce lovingly harvested by an appreciative gardener?

(10-18-2009, 04:52 PM)Whitefeather Wrote: [ -> ]We have to accept that we kill in order to eat, We have to be aware of what we do. Because if we are not aware of the everyday killing of life, how can we ever do something about it? It is about awareness and responsibility.

What do you propose we 'do' about it? I am doing something about it. I refuse to participate in the killing. …

(10-18-2009, 06:29 PM)Bring4th_Monica Wrote: [ -> ]I think that if a soul is sentient enough to have free will, it won't incarnate into the body of a carrot. It'll choose an animal body so it can run for its life. I think that's a clue.
The lettuce would run for its life if it only could!

This is speculation. How do you know that? …

I know the cow suffers. I know the cow doesn't want to be killed.

I don't know that about the lettuce. I have only your opinion to go by. I respect your opinion as a shaman, but, to be honest, I don't take it as absolute or authoritative. …

(10-18-2009, 04:52 PM)Whitefeather Wrote: [ -> ]The Earth is the Logos (or octave) above us. My concern about food chain is about densities above us. As a principle, on Earth, life feeds from the density below, meaning that we are food for someone. I just wonder what it is that they 'eat' from us.

Respectfully, I think you are making some assumptions here. I don't think we can assume that, just because a pattern is prevalent in the lower densities, that it is also prevalent in the higher densities. …
\

Those excerpts above from this other thread show the circumstances of this present thread.

Of course, I've never been in favor of the killing of animals. My position is that I do not support the killing of animals AND of plants. But then, because I know that people needs to survive in different climates, different seasons, with different social economic possibilities as well as with different health requirements and, at different moments of their life, I am of a reasonable position. In order to survive, people need to eat as well as to get shelter. From the eating, hopefully, the best that is happening is that people are doing work in consciousness. Where I reconcile with having to eat is that we are all part of a bigger picture.

For my part, I do not see the point 'fighting' about which is best between eating plants or meat because there is no best. Regarding eating, I see that there is in the world a need for inner reconciliation with ourselves, with animals and with plants. There is a need for self-responsibility at the personal level. There is a need for better treatment to all life, not only plants and animals but also to human beings. I see everything else as acts of tyranny. I did not say that there is no progress to be made because, there is! I am saying that it could take a couple of centuries at least.

Also, when plants and animals have enjoyed a good life, it is always better of course but there are so much progresses to make in that area. For over 35 years, I have supported organic, fair trade, biodynamic and free range types of culture at a time when these were very little known. I have helped in raising consciousness around me in my family and then amongst friends. But all this takes time because people are slow to move and, they cannot be forced ... free will... remember.

For example, as I explained in the post, I want to eat fruits but, the fruits which the Earth is giving in abundance and which should provide ample nourishment for everyone on the whole planet are not enough in term of nourishment. Why? Because, no-one care to care about fruits.
In oranges today, there are so much chemicals, preservatives and radiation that when the product arrives on our tables, it is virtually empty of nutrients. On the land, some other people prefers to grow factories or nuclear plants or endless fields of wheat. They do not care about the quality of the soil. I do not want wheat, there is too much wheat already ... I want quality fruits! Why can't I have quality fruits? Because there is not enough? How unfair and ridiculous but true!

There are wars going on between vegetarians and meat eaters, between vegans and vegetarians, between the blood types diets and the macro-diet. And it goes on and on. There are conflicts between countries, between cultures, between religions and, all for very good reasons and... you know, I am tired of these endless conflicts. As a societal complex we need HARMONY! There is jut not one diet which will fit all! Or one culture or one religion alone for that matter. For us STOs to keep harmony, we need to work together with a greatest variety of ways because each is UNIQUE and with unique requirements.

Ra would ask where is the love in the eating. Do we eat what we do not love? No, of course we eat what we love. Each eats what they love. May we be forgiven that our love takes such an expression as eating other life forms. So, forgive the self and everyone for loving with such a distortion. Then let's move forward.

But I am telling you. I disagree with the feeding ways of this planetary complex and, in 4d, I am going to produce perfect and delicious fruits which can provide all necessary nourishment. Tongue

Thank you Crown for sharing about the trees and their spirit. Smile

Blessings of Peace in Love and Light

Love always

Whitefeather

Thank you, Whitefeather, for your excellent explanation! I have pretty much avoided the eating meat thread because of the negativity and unloving vibes I got from it. I certainly didn't go back so far, and appreciate your bringing it here. I just didn't realize.

I can hardly wait to taste your 4D fruit!

And I'm anxious to hear more about Middle Eastern cultural histories of trees being occupied by spirits. I love to learn new things!

Light and love and delicious fruit!
(11-30-2011, 11:38 AM)Ruth Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you, Whitefeather, for your excellent explanation! I have pretty much avoided the eating meat thread because of the negativity and unloving vibes I got from it.

You are welcome Ruth! So did I (avoided the thread) since the start. The posts 49 and 50 are a discussion between Monica and me which got moved from another thread.

Quote:I can hardly wait to taste your 4D fruit!

Smile They will be several and plenty, all inspired from mangoes, papayas, guavas, pomegranates, all berries, apricots and peaches, dates, avocados, pears, etc. They will be free for all who will only have to ask the trees and plants before gathering the fruits. Trees and plants live without veil so they know things which we cannot see from the 3d point of view.

Quote:And I'm anxious to hear more about Middle Eastern cultural histories of trees being occupied by spirits. I love to learn new things!

Light and love and delicious fruit!

Me too...!
Thank you ... Smile

Heart
Ha ha ha, your post reminded me of the scene in the Wizard of Oz movie where the apple trees start throwing their apples at Dorothy and Scarecrow because they didn't ask permission!

My plant friend said to tell you hello and "thank you, Whitefeather!"

Light and love!
Oh and please, some apples and grapes?
(11-30-2011, 03:07 PM)Ruth Wrote: [ -> ]Ha ha ha, your post reminded me of the scene in the Wizard of Oz movie where the apple trees start throwing their apples at Dorothy and Scarecrow because they didn't ask permission!

BigSmile lol

Quote:My plant friend said to tell you hello and "thank you, Whitefeather!"

She is welcome. Am sending a kiss.

Quote:Light and love!
Oh and please, some apples and grapes?

Of course... The sky is the limit Smile

Heart
In that case, there is a fruit (I don't recall the name of it) mentioned in the Circle series of books (fiction) written by Ted Dekker the juice of which is able to heal any injury or ailment either by being eaten or by having the juice applied to the wound. Wish we could grow some of that fruit here in 3D!
(11-30-2011, 06:52 PM)Ruth Wrote: [ -> ]In that case, there is a fruit (I don't recall the name of it) mentioned in the Circle series of books (fiction) written by Ted Dekker the juice of which is able to heal any injury or ailment either by being eaten or by having the juice applied to the wound. Wish we could grow some of that fruit here in 3D!

That's what we need in the forum. Let's bring it on board. A little of imagination will suffice Tongue
Whitefeather - I finally managed to watch all the sections of Secret Life of Plants. Now I want to watch it again and take notes this time! I'd love to see this remade with some of the growing plant series done in HD! I wonder why this reasearch stalled out even though some of the study results were verified by the Smithsonian Institute.

Thank you for seeking this out and for sharing it!
That's great.
True, I too find it strange that this very important research into the consciousness of plants which constitute the most abundant and diverse living form on Earth, came to an halt. I wonder the reason behind such a suppression.
Feel free to share when you find some more info or video related. I welcome all info regarding the consciousness of plants.

Take care sister
Heart:idea:
Ohhhh Whitefeather . . . . you'll never guess what I stumbled upon at the bookstore today - quite by accident as I was looking for Christmas gifts. . . .

A book titled (drumroll please . . . .) "THE SECRET LIFE OF PLANTS - a fascinating account of the physical, emotional, and spiritual relations between plants and man" by Peter Tompkins and Christopher Bird, authors of the "Secrets of the Soil" (which the bookstore did not have in stock or I'd have purchased that one, too).

It will probably be post-holidays before I can really dig in, but I'll keep you apprised!

The back cover has a paragraph by Richard M. Klein, Professor of Botany, University of Vermont that was taken from Smithsonian magazine that says:

"If I can't 'get inside a plant' or 'feel emanations' from a plant and don't know anyone else who can, that doesn't detract one whit from the possibility that some people can and do . . . . According to The SEcret Life of Plants, plants andmen do interrelate, with plants exhibiting empathetic and spiritual relationships and showing reactions interpreted as demonstrating physical-force connections with men. As my students say, 'hey, wow!'"

Cheers!
(12-06-2011, 07:07 PM)Ruth Wrote: [ -> ]Ohhhh Whitefeather . . . . you'll never guess what I stumbled upon at the bookstore today - quite by accident as I was looking for Christmas gifts. . . .

A book titled (drumroll please . . . .) "THE SECRET LIFE OF PLANTS - a fascinating account of the physical, emotional, and spiritual relations between plants and man" by Peter Tompkins and Christopher Bird, authors of the "Secrets of the Soil" (which the bookstore did not have in stock or I'd have purchased that one, too).

It will probably be post-holidays before I can really dig in, but I'll keep you apprised!

The back cover has a paragraph by Richard M. Klein, Professor of Botany, University of Vermont that was taken from Smithsonian magazine that says:

"If I can't 'get inside a plant' or 'feel emanations' from a plant and don't know anyone else who can, that doesn't detract one whit from the possibility that some people can and do . . . . According to The SEcret Life of Plants, plants andmen do interrelate, with plants exhibiting empathetic and spiritual relationships and showing reactions interpreted as demonstrating physical-force connections with men. As my students say, 'hey, wow!'"

Cheers!

It is wonderful, Ruth! You found THE book!Heart
It is great, thank you for reaching out to me here and let me know.

Fell free to quote here in the thread passages from the book at will. I have no doubt that our forum's brothers and sisters will be enjoying it.

Heart:idea:

I own the book. Have to get back to it sometime.
(12-07-2011, 11:21 AM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]I own the book. Have to get back to it sometime.

Lucky you! You are meant to have it, Gemini. It is a worthwhile journey into STO mode.

Heart

Thanks WF. I haven't actually finished it. That's been one of my quirks, is not finishing books. Though I did read David Wilcock's Source Field Investigations. Now I"m reading The Golden Compass. It's kind of a slow read for me since it doesn't capture my imagination too much. But it is starting to get more interesting than earlier. Maybe 95 pages into that.
(12-08-2011, 12:05 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks WF. I haven't actually finished it. That's been one of my quirks, is not finishing books.

I do that too sometimes, not finishing books. I think that maybe, when you stop reading a book is when you have reached that part important for you to read, that particular information which was meant to cross your path. (I mean 'you' in a general sense). Why should we feel obliged to read books from start to end, after all? Smile The good thing is that when we re-open the book at another chapter at a completely different moment in life, there is more discovery to be made.
It is all about keeping flexible regarding aspects of reading.

Quote:Though I did read David Wilcock's Source Field Investigations. Now I"m reading The Golden Compass. It's kind of a slow read for me since it doesn't capture my imagination too much. But it is starting to get more interesting than earlier. Maybe 95 pages into that.

Oh, I have this one on a shelf somewhere. Here it is known by another tittle, "Northern Lights" by Philip Pullman. I have not read it though. I started it but ... you know. BigSmile

Btw, is there any pictures in "The Life of Plants" book? Smile
No pictures in the book I have. :-(
(11-30-2011, 01:25 AM)Whitefeather Wrote: [ -> ]There are wars going on between vegetarians and meat eaters, between vegans and vegetarians, between the blood types diets and the macro-diet. And it goes on and on. There are conflicts between countries, between cultures, between religions and, all for very good reasons and... you know, I am tired of these endless conflicts. As a societal complex we need HARMONY! There is jut not one diet which will fit all! Or one culture or one religion alone for that matter. For us STOs to keep harmony, we need to work together with a greatest variety of ways because each is UNIQUE and with unique requirements.

But I am telling you. I disagree with the feeding ways of this planetary complex and, in 4d, I am going to produce perfect and delicious fruits which can provide all necessary nourishment. Tongue

Yes, on the global scale amongst largely unawakened and repressed (by poverty, governments, etc) humans, there is warring and the "divide and conquer" energy.

But I want to say here, that hopefully on this site, with individuals who are trying to evolve and grow, the discussions about what to eat are enlightening for all (although, because it is an emotionally charged issue, it may seems like warring, but I don't see it that way; we are all here by choice).

I respect your viewpoint as a Shaman, White Feather. There is life in all things. I view it all as equal. There are fine points, however, in choosing foods to eat in the meat thread. And if you are not willing to participate in whole by respecting all the postings, then you are missing a lot of insights.

We are all, here, trying to evolve (my word, others have other words for it). The choice of food is a huge issue, and one that I don't believe can be covered by saying "eat what you love."

Your comment about 4D fruits is much in line with my thinking. I imagine, as you have, a more ideal way of surviving in terms of sustenance. And I try and take steps toward it, now Smile.
(12-11-2011, 01:52 PM)Diana Wrote: [ -> ]... the meat thread. And if you are not willing to participate in whole by respecting all the postings, then you are missing a lot of insights.

Diana, what has caused you to write this line to me? Kindly quote me.

(12-14-2011, 01:42 AM)Whitefeather Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-11-2011, 01:52 PM)Diana Wrote: [ -> ]... the meat thread. And if you are not willing to participate in whole by respecting all the postings, then you are missing a lot of insights.

Whitefeather, it was because of this post of yours:

"There are wars going on between vegetarians and meat eaters, between vegans and vegetarians, between the blood types diets and the macro-diet. And it goes on and on. There are conflicts between countries, between cultures, between religions and, all for very good reasons and... you know, I am tired of these endless conflicts. As a societal complex we need HARMONY! There is jut not one diet which will fit all! Or one culture or one religion alone for that matter. For us STOs to keep harmony, we need to work together with a greatest variety of ways because each is UNIQUE and with unique requirements."

I felt that if you had read the thread, you would have seen that we were endlessly trying to inform, and discuss, and understand each other's comments and insights--not war. First of all, I don't believe anyone was pushing just one diet for all. I do not see the meat thread as warring, since the people on this site, I would assume, are conscious and want their actions to be conscious. The meat subject is complex, and triggers emotional responses. If it were all just about the human individual, and what the individual wants, then no other consideration need be addressed. But that is not the case. We are not the only life on this planet.

Perhaps I was wrong in assuming you had not read the entire thread (which admittedly, at this point, is crazy long--which is an indication that the discussion is important). But to compare the thread to the mindless, greedy, unconscious warring and conflict in the general public, is not a fair comment in my opinion.

(12-14-2011, 04:41 PM)Diana Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-14-2011, 01:42 AM)Whitefeather Wrote: [ -> ]

Whitefeather, it was because of this post of yours:

"There are wars going on between vegetarians and meat eaters, between vegans and vegetarians, between the blood types diets and the macro-diet. And it goes on and on. There are conflicts between countries, between cultures, between religions and, all for very good reasons and... you know, I am tired of these endless conflicts. As a societal complex we need HARMONY! There is jut not one diet which will fit all! Or one culture or one religion alone for that matter. For us STOs to keep harmony, we need to work together with a greatest variety of ways because each is UNIQUE and with unique requirements."

I felt that if you had read the thread, you would have seen that we were endlessly trying to inform, and discuss, and understand each other's comments and insights--not war. First of all, I don't believe anyone was pushing just one diet for all. I do not see the meat thread as warring, since the people on this site, I would assume, are conscious and want their actions to be conscious.

Diana,

Fortunately, I am free not to participate in all threads on this forum as well as in other forums on the whole internet. This is not disrespectful on my part.
I'd be curious to hear which are the 'lot of insights' you think I am 'missing'.

I don't think I was thinking about the 'eating meat' thread in my comment though it is true that I do not approve of this particular thread you mention and, I believe I expressed it kindly somewhere earlier on page three of the thread.

I know too well the insidious working of the negative polarity to be aware that it is done through violence and suffering conveyed by use of brutal words and brutal imaging. That is when they are not using violence and suffering directly on people.

Quote:The meat subject is complex, and triggers emotional responses. If it were all just about the human individual, and what the individual wants, then no other consideration need be addressed. But that is not the case. We are not the only life on this planet.

This comment of yours shows that you misread me and do not know my position on the subject.

Quote:...But to compare the thread to the mindless, greedy, unconscious warring and conflict in the general public, is not a fair comment in my opinion.

Again, what made you think I was mentioning the 'eating meat' thread, and not the state of affair and controversies regarding eating and diets in general?
Besides, 'mindless', 'greedy', unconscious warring and conflict in the general public'... Those are YOUR words, Diana, not mine!

The topic of THIS thread is about spreading awareness about the life of plants.
The reference about the other thread was to explain some circumstances to Ruth, though I carefully edited out all brutal words. Words can be weapons, they can hurt and, I didn't want that to happen in this thread.

L/L

(12-14-2011, 07:16 PM)Whitefeather Wrote: [ -> ]I'd be curious to hear which are the 'lot of insights' you think I am 'missing'.

It would be impossible to accurately convey the numerous insights, thoughtful, brilliant points and subtle distinctions made in 1789 posts. :-/ (That is the post count as of this moment.)

(12-14-2011, 07:16 PM)Whitefeather Wrote: [ -> ]what made you think I was mentioning the 'eating meat' thread

I too got that impression:

(11-28-2011, 10:27 PM)Whitefeather Wrote: [ -> ]I am aware of the In regards to eating meat thread but I don't want to participate in the thread. Besides, though I made a short post there a couple of days ago, it is too long a thread really to start reading it now. Two or three weeks ago I tried to however and, started reading from the start but did not go past page three...

...So did I (avoided the thread) since the start.

(12-14-2011, 07:16 PM)Whitefeather Wrote: [ -> ]The reference about the other thread was to explain some circumstances to Ruth, though I carefully edited out all brutal words. Words can be weapons, they can hurt and, I didn't want that to happen in this thread.

Since you did mention the other discussion, in fairness to it and for the benefit of those who might wish to read it, but who might get turned off of it upon reading your description of it as 'brutal', I offer this:

Blatantly 'brutal' words aren't allowed anywhere in this forum. I personally found the discussion grueling, because of the strong emotional charge often generated, but highly thought-provoking and rewarding at the same time. I second Diana's opinion that there is much richness there, and would encourage anyone interested in the topic to dig in and read it. Yes, it's long, but it's a complex subject and there are many subtle nuances expressed, from many points of views, that are very rewarding.

I wouldn't refer to anyone, on either side of the debate, as being 'brutal.' That's just my opinion and you are certainly entitled to your own opinion. You are also entitled to start your own discussion, as you've done.

Discussing consciousness in plants or animals can be kept light. But as soon as discussion turns to what people are choosing to eat, the discussion can turn volatile, and people tend to get defensive, no matter how 'nicely' differing opinions were expressed. Passions rise and tempers flare whenever people discuss volatile topics. All things considered, I'd say we did rather well, compared to what I've seen on public forums when they discuss controversial topics.

With that, I will leave you to your discussion about plants. I won't be participating because I already shared a great deal about plants in the meat thread, and I see no point in repeating it all here.

(12-14-2011, 07:16 PM)Whitefeather Wrote: [ -> ]The topic of THIS thread is about spreading awareness about the life of plants.
The reference about the other thread was to explain some circumstances to Ruth, though I carefully edited out all brutal words. Words can be weapons, they can hurt and, I didn't want that to happen in this thread.

I apologize for the misunderstanding. I did think you were referring to the meat thread.

I do feel you are judging us all a little harshly, regarding the words you think are brutal in the meat thread. You certainly are free not to participate in it Smile.

I cannot summarize the points in the meat thread for you here; it's too complex, and many more members than just myself posted great insights and perspectives.
Whitefeather, I reread your post, and it still seems like you were referring to the meat thread. If you only want to talk about plants here, then go to it, but I'm not sure why you would use this thread to complain about the meat thread.

Pages: 1 2