Bring4th

Full Version: Compassion/Love vs. Wisdom in society
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Everybody!

My own query regards the inability of myself to interact with the general public, but more specifically how to not be "angry/disappointed" at others who are still so blindly buying into this materialistic world- if everybody would open their eyes we could start to make such headway in alleviating the horrible suffering which is experienced by so many in the world.

A good example of this is that I work in a video store, so most people who come into the store for starters treat me like an automated teller machine, and only want to rent movies to keep themselves stupified and oblivious to the facts of reality. I understand that this doesn't apply to everyone, and that people definitely deserve to relax and unwind with a movie (i'm like that myself with cartoons haha), but every time someone comes to the counter I feel like screaming at them "!!open you eyes people, read a book, talk to your children etc etc rather than wasting your money on these stupid DVD's!!"

So my specific query would be something along the lines of; is it better to attempt to see everyone else as the creator and forgive them for their ignorance (which I presume is the better option, but I am REALLY struggling with this), or should I try to interject into the conversation something that may lead them towards discovering the material that can open their eyes to the truth of our reality? Do I just smile, nod and die a little inside [deliberately melodramatic Smile ] , or do I come off sounding like a crazy nut, who in a few years time may be appreciated for what he was trying to say.

I understand that my inability to accept others as they are has something to do with my inability to accept parts of myself (seeing as we're all One anyway), but I have always felt my personality to be that of the teacher (and my friends and family seem to be in agreement) or something like that, and I feel like I am squandering the gift that I have been blessed with!

I'm certain that millions of others out there feel the same as I do, so I'd love to hear what you have to say, to see if we can all get through this together!

Peace, Love and Understanding,

Troy

P.S. I apologise for this seeming to be all about myself, but I hope that others with similar issues can learn from this also.
Welcome to the forum!

There is a quote from the Ra material which would anser your situation pretty well. It could take me a little while to find though, so bare with me Smile

It has to do with not actually being able to directly help, but we are here to offer help if it wanted. Such as the ETs/Spirits above us, they will only interject IF we ask.

I'll find that quote for you ^^

Love and Light
That didn't take long at all, Thank you 3D Sunset!! BigSmile

Ra, Book I, Session 17 Wrote:Questioner: Is it possible by the use of some technique or other to help an entity to reach fourth-density level in these last days?

Ra: I am Ra. It is impossible to help another being directly. It is only possible to make catalyst available in whatever form, the most important being the radiation of realization of oneness with the Creator from the self, less important being information such as we share with you.

We, ourselves, do not feel an urgency for this information to be widely disseminated. It is enough that we have made it available to three, four, or five. This is extremely ample reward, for if one of these obtains fourth density understanding due to this catalyst then we shall have fulfilled the
Law of One in the distortion of service.

We encourage a dispassionate attempt to share information without concern for numbers or quick growth among others. That you attempt to make this information available is, in your terms, your service. The attempt, if it reaches one, reaches all.

We cannot offer shortcuts to enlightenment. Enlightenment is, of the moment, an opening to intelligent infinity. It can only be accomplished by the self, for the self. Another self cannot teach/learn enlightenment, but only teach/learn information, inspiration, or a sharing of love, of mystery, of the unknown that makes the other-self reach out and begin the seeking process that ends in a moment, but who can know when an entity will open the gate to the present?
Hi Sirius, thank you very much for your reply!

You're completely right in the relevance of that quote, and I think that may almost be what is contributing to my frustration some of the time is that I want to be asked so that in some way I can help, but the only questions I seem to get is "what is a good movie to watch?" Tongue

I suppose that I need to practice my patience, and that if I have this incredibly strong desire to help people "understand" these spiritual concepts, which are so important for all of us, I should have faith that I will get my chance to serve the creator- I think I need to stop supposing I understand in what capacity I am supposed to aid humanity, and just learn to live in the precious present moment.

A lovely little quote from Kung Fu Panda seems relevant:

"The past is history,
The future's a mystery,
But today is a gift- that's why they call it the present."

Thank you again, I truly appreciate your help, and i'm very happy to have joined the forum!

Peace, Love and Understanding
(06-26-2009, 01:59 AM)Troy Wrote: [ -> ]So my specific query would be something along the lines of; is it better to attempt to see everyone else as the creator and forgive them for their ignorance (which I presume is the better option, but I am REALLY struggling with this), or should I try to interject into the conversation something that may lead them towards discovering the material that can open their eyes to the truth of our reality?

Yes, this is not easy at all, and it happens to everyone.
I may have many 'intelectual' models to deal with specific situations (you know i do, everyone does Blush) but in the end, and at the 'hour of truth' it´s like total ignorance - where´s the light Huh? I guess it was switched off so that we can switch it on ourselves.
Some say 'listen to your heart' and perhaps it´s true, perhaps it´s from where enlightenment comes, or from where light illuminates the mind, whatever. Either way, it´s not easy at all, theories fall flat on the ground, personal experience.

Bruno
You are more than welcome Smile

There are a lot of films which have 'Spiritual Teachings' in them. Never really directly but if your looking for them you can certainly find the meanings yourself, Maybe recomend those films? BigSmile Have you seen Six Degree of Separation (1992)? That film flid my lid. Don't underestimate your position Smile Maybe the films could help you also?

It's not something that is given too much credability when you use a movie as proof of your thoughts but they may help you understand your thoughts personally. I have come across quite alot of youtube videos that do use 'films for proof' so at least we know the substance is there.

Lovely quote, I remember it too well actually hehe, that stuff is far to advanced for kids! ;P

Love and Light Smile
Well said Sirius, we are all in where we are today because of the choices we have made in our lives, and any position can be one that can help others if chosen. Yes lots of movies out there just kill the brain cells, but there are a lot of good movies that relate to service to others in subtle enough ways that some will learn from it any those that don't want to will ignore the message. All we can do is try and make the messages available.

Also those ignoring the messages obviously need more learning on the planet, so although they may frustrate us at times, those of us further along our journey may have frustrated others like us while we were beginning to learn, now it's our turn Smile

Love & Light
Well, yeah (in response to all the other posts here so far). Exactly.

And yet -- there are many people who simply will not progress to spiritual awareness in this lifetime, especially not at the promptings of us lunatics. Really. Where else can any of us talk about our understandings, experiences and awareness outside of this and perhaps one or two other forums? Certainly no one going out to rent a movie (or engaged in any number of mundane activities) is interested in hearing about the 'higher' aspects of life, even if they're spiritually aware. It's just not the time or place.

The largest struggles in my life came down to feeling powerless over certain situations. The art of acceptance was the single most difficult lesson I've ever learned. Seriously. Also the most valuable, in regards to how I found my inner balance, 'accepting the things I cannot change' and stopping having struggles against the fact that I was struggling. Acceptance can be a very good thing, especially when it's balanced with those other little gems, 'changing the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference'.

Gee sometimes I sound like a broken record....
*giggling* plur
No, I wasn't really talking about the content of the movies themselves; I was talking about people not being interested in engaging in meaningful conversation (in general) when they're out renting movies... or shopping, or visiting the library or etc.

I completely agree that quite a bit of what's offered as entertainment actually contains profound life lessons. Was recently discussing with Sirius the old "Twilight Zone" series, which is a great example; each episode of the original series (as opposed to the movies) carried a message and the opportunity to delve more deeply into the human condition, if one were so inclined.

Hm. Might be fun to have a thread here for members to share their favorite titles!
plur
Ah. I'd skipped that thread coz I'd made some assumptions about what the subject line entailed. "Inspirational" brings up images of ... well ... the antithesis of "entertaining". Now I know better. Thanks for pointing that out, Taha.
plur
Welcome, Troy. You are very close, even guessing good answers to your own questions. Many times here, someone quotes Ra saying that, not only do 3Ders not need to understand, they need NOT to understand to go on from here. This is not the density of understanding. So no need even to attempt to "teach" someone heavy stuff.

OTOH, you want to be available when they are ready for some new answers, so do that by being able absolutely to love anyone who interacts with you, fully and unconditionally (yet discretely, in order not to freak them out). When someone asks you what's a good movie, try this: smile and say "My best way to answer you is to know what were some good movies that you already saw; so give me three." Now you have basis for some conversation and likely will have a title or two to suggest.

Your job is your "role," to the customers. Do it well and some may appreciate that you might know something besides movies that could be worthwhile for them to hear.
Troy's been absent for over 2 years.
Jeez, that's funny. I wonder what brought it up. Tongue
Hello, Troy! Very good, and very interesting question.

I think that it is hard to answer your question which is one of the most volatile ones that are possible to ask in this world, as of right now Smile
Here is my take on this: they are only just as ignorant in you. Remember that due to multiple incarnations, maybe some of them actually went on a spiritual path, maybe one even further than you. Who knows, right? If we assume that time is not really an issue, even with a "harvest closing in", that should not inspire fear on you for them. They will awaken when the catalyst for that has been enough.

My personal opinion in this matter: if I am in the "public", I do not try to convert anyone or open anyone's eyes. Because when awesome things like Law of One meets the ones that does not seek it, it is not always a good thing. Think about how an average person reacts to basically every single religious "hi there, hear our theories out" converter. Not so good, right. But my friends are a different matter. Upon seeing me being more peaceful and happy than before, they asked me if there is a reason for that change. And then I gladly told them about the HH/LOO material and how it affected me almost immediately. They laughed, asked more questions, then in further meetings, it did come up as a point, and it looks like that it helped two or three of my friends already - they are now able to have a different perspective in their own daily lives, and will be able to know what to seek when/if they are "ready" or "asking for it".

3DMonkey

(08-23-2011, 05:03 PM)kycahi Wrote: [ -> ]Jeez, that's funny. I wonder what brought it up. Tongue

Is billevan trying to be funny? http://www.bring4th.org/forums/showthrea...0#pid51430
(06-26-2009, 01:59 AM)Troy Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Everybody!

My own query regards the inability of myself to interact with the general public, but more specifically how to not be "angry/disappointed" at others who are still so blindly buying into this materialistic world- if everybody would open their eyes we could start to make such headway in alleviating the horrible suffering which is experienced by so many in the world.

A good example of this is that I work in a video store, so most people who come into the store for starters treat me like an automated teller machine, and only want to rent movies to keep themselves stupified and oblivious to the facts of reality. I understand that this doesn't apply to everyone, and that people definitely deserve to relax and unwind with a movie (i'm like that myself with cartoons haha), but every time someone comes to the counter I feel like screaming at them "!!open you eyes people, read a book, talk to your children etc etc rather than wasting your money on these stupid DVD's!!"

I really feel for you buddy (and everyone else who works in service retail). The closest I ever came to it was a high school part time stint at McDonalds cooking burgers ... but I saw some of the behaviour and bad temper of people when they didn't get what they wanted, when they wanted it.

to answer your question: we live in a brainwashed, media programmed society, and people just absorb the prevailing viewpoint/opinions. In a way, even up to the age of 18 I was very much a fish in that water.

(06-26-2009, 01:59 AM)Troy Wrote: [ -> ]So my specific query would be something along the lines of; is it better to attempt to see everyone else as the creator and forgive them for their ignorance

whenever I see poor behaviour, I try to take Socrates' view:

"if they knew better, they would do better"

and in many many cases I think this holds true. I didn't know how glorious music could be until I discovered Classical; up to then, I had lived in lower income family with not much 'culture' around. My reality was defined by limited information (way way before the internet Smile)

and we can always take Jesus' view, if these were the words he actually said:

"forgive them father, for they know not what they do".

peace to you Troy, and thanks so much for your one off contribution.

re-reading your post, I can see how deep a query you are presenting.

it is basically:

how best can I help the people that I meet in everyday life?

that is a HUGE topic BigSmile