Bring4th

Full Version: Sanskrit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is hard http://learnsanskrit.org/ I'm already having trouble understanding how to say things(the audio examples don't work on my iPod and I am at the compound vowels) Sad I'm not going to give up though.

-Conifer16- Adonai Vasu Borragus

Meerie

I bet you are going to have a hard time to find someone to practice conversation on that one :-/
No more native speakers, are there?

oguz

confused may speak sanskrit
I don't know. I just suddenly felt like tryingSmile and maybe I will be able to "manipulate"(ask rock to move)reality with it Smile using it as. Focus for my thoughts and Ra said that Sanskrit was designed to be very representative of reality,I think. Smile

Meerie

you are right! according to Wiki it is still spoken in some state in Northern India.
I thought this was a language that had died out.
(12-06-2011, 03:06 PM)Conifer16 Wrote: [ -> ]Ra said that Sanskrit was designed to be very representative of reality,I think. Smile
how so?
I don't fully remember I just remember something about Sanskrit and Hebrew being powerful languages in our reality.
This is http://www.lawofone.info/results.php?sea...e=any&sc=1 it Smile
I recall Hebrew letters being formed by shadow of light cast across sphere and tetrahedron in different angles. Not sure though.

Ah yes, "characters of the Hebrew alphabet are projections of a ‘special form’ on the faces of a tetrahedron seen from different angles...Hence, the characters of the Hebrew alphabet are the projections of a Golden Mean spiral.
"

So they're like the shape of reality.

http://www.soulsofdistortion.nl/SODA_chapter11.html
Quote:Ra: These sound vibration complexes [of what you call your Hebrew and some of what you call your Sanskrit vowels] have power before time and space and represent configurations of light which built all that there is.

Questioner: How did the users of these sounds, Sanskrit and Hebrew, determine what these sounds were?
Ra: I am Ra. In the case of the Hebrew that entity known as Yahweh aided this knowledge through impression upon the material of genetic coding which became language, as you call it.
In the case of Sanskrit the sound vibrations are pure due to the lack of previous, what you call, alphabet or letter-naming. Thus the sound vibration complexes seemed to fall into place as from the Logos. This was a more, shall we say, natural or unaided situation or process.

Questioner: You spoke in a previous session about certain Hebrew and Sanskrit sound vibratory complexes being powerful because they were mathematically related to that which was the creation. Could you expand on this understanding as to how these are linked?
Ra: I am Ra. As we previously stated the linkage is mathematical or that of the ratio you may consider musical. There are those whose mind complex activities would attempt to resolve this mathematical ratio but at present the coloration of the intoned vowel is part of the vibration which cannot be accurately measured. However, it is equivalent to types of rotation of your primary material particles.

Questioner: Would these sounds, then, be of a musical nature in that there would be a musical arrangement of many different sound vibrations, or would this apply to just one single note? Which would it apply more to?
Ra: I am Ra. This query is not easily answered. In some cases only the intoned vowel has effect. In other cases, most notably Sanskrit combinations, the selection of harmonic intervals is also of resonant nature.

You can search online (youtube, grooveshark, etc.) for Sanskrit chants. Funny, a few weeks ago I was experiencing severely painful cramps and had a veritable 'download' of wisdom to cure; I closed my eyes and listened to "Om Asatoma Sadgamaya (ॐ असतो मा सद्गमय)". The pain alleviated almost immediately.

The chant itself is
Om
Asatoma Sadgamaya
Thamaso Maa Jyothir Gamaya
Mrithyor Maa Amrutham Gamaya

Which means:
Lead me from the asat to the sat.
Lead me from darkness to light.
Lead me from death to immortality.

The first mantra—asato ma sadgamaya—means, "Lead me from the asat to the sat." In fact, it is best to not translate sat (nor its negative counterpart asat) for, as with many Sanskrit words, sat has many meanings and not only are most of them applicable here, their deliberate combined import provides a depth that no one of them could hold independently. These co-applicable meanings include: existence, reality and truth. (Co-applicable meanings for asat being: non-existence, non-reality and untruth.)more info here
This is why I love Deva Premal. Her voice, with the processing (multiple layers), and sounds, are wonderful :¬)

i love Deva's Gayatri Mantra
Jyothir sounds Celtic o_O... But Celts weren't around until around 500BC. This mantra is older than that, correct?

and I found this translation on YouTube:
from the unreal to the real
from darkness to the light
from death to immortality

for reference on how to pronounce the mantra: