Bring4th

Full Version: Emotional Sensitivity
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since my mental breakdown experience of a month ago, I've felt emotionally sensitive. I'm a guy, and just earlier I broke down in tears talking to my father. I wasn't thinking of anything in particular, but just felt overwhelming sadness. Is that getting more common for guys to break down in tears for no reason at all?

Well, there are some underlying issues like I will have to close my business, but I was never really attached to that. I'll be glad when it's over. Perhaps I'm a little homesick and wanting to visit my dad again. I don't understand though as we're not too close. But I look up to him and my step mom.

Is it the 4D energies that are causing me to feel more emotionally sensitive than usual? I've never been in tears when talking to my dad before.

And how does one find joy in their life. I'm on meds that could be part of the problem. Without them, my mind feels like it's floating away.

I tried attending a depression/bipolar group, but I picked up on the emotions of everyone there, and I didn't get much out of it, except maybe to meditate.

Does one meditate to find joy? I have trouble going deep. Deep means more processing to do. How do others find joy in these emotionally turbulant times?

I'm going to be attending this convention, god willing, if my finances are ok for it: https://www.furryfiesta.org/
And hopefully my empathic side won't be overwhelmed with how excited everyone is. A little over a month ago I couldn't handle even seeing a video of people in fursuits, it was just too awesome for me to handle. And in 2 months I'll be going to a live 6-days of being around fursuits. Am I setting myself up for failure? Do we do what we love, even if it's too amazing to behold?

That's probably my greatest passion, all those furries there. But even thinking about it now doesn't bring me joy. Maybe I'm a little depressed, as I'm often bored bored bored. Even at work I get bored.

Is it normal for a man to cry when nothing's on their mind? Does the emotional energy of sadness sometimes come over with no reason? I mean even when my mind is clear, I still cried, and I didn't know why.

Well, at least I'm not in the dark night of the soul again. That got really bad. Now, it's just general discomfort. I mean I'm not married, nor really a family to take care of. No kids, but I do have 2 dogs, and one of them is my life. Means the world to me. I get giddy around him, but still I don't feel the joy in my heart being around him.

It's all so strange, these are some of the darkest days of my life.
Keep your chin up and remember that we are all one, your sadness is my sadness, and my joy, your joy. Love and light to you and I hope the best for you in these times that trouble you.
note: I am a male and I just shed tears yesterday. It is not feminine nor abnormal for a male to show emotion.
stabilizing your emotions is done through the root chakra... it makes sure that "things in general" dont go out of controll even.
Sounds like you're in a bit of a dip young man :¬)

Depression and a negative mindset (or even a delicate state of being) can be related to the cycle of one's thought patterns. Thinking greater than the circumstances is absolutely key to breaking neurological patterns.

Watch this, it's fantastic. Dr. Joe Dispenza's presentation on evolving the brain (from a scientific/neurological perspective, covers depression).

(8 parts)

And this, from our friend Bashar (he would also say from a scientific perspective "it's just physics")

:¬)
Thanks Namaste. I think the feeling I felt while crying was because of how much I appreciate other people. I appreciated that my dad was there to hear me talking. That he listened to me. That welled up some type of emotion. Sadness was the closest I could think, but it could just be a deep appreciation.

He made reference to What the Bleep do we know.

I found the video here.

The word "normal" is a Statistics term that means the big crowd in the bulge of the bell-shaped curve. In that regard, a man crying is not normal. What you want to know is whether it's healthy. I strongly believe that not only is it very healthy, but doing it is an excellent way to get closer to good health, both physically and mentally.

In most cases with men, openly weeping can be a breakthrough of something suppressed within. That something might be huge or just long-hidden, and working it out removes it from a virtual do list. If you are nervous whether it might happen again at an embarrassing moment, try forcing it when with a trusted friend.

Method actors drag up a painful memory to cry when the part requires it. They don't cry as their character, they just cry from within and recite their lines. So if you weep at a "bad" time, be ready to excuse it as a technique you are working on for a play, if that might fit, or because somebody (a shrink?) suggested that it's "supposed to remove blockages, whatever that means." Wink
I very much agree with Lee. Allowing oneself to cry takes emotional courage and strength. Ironically, it's those who hold it in due to fear of ridicule who are of the weaker position.

I also very much believe that balancing both sacred principles (male/female) is part of the evolution of one's consciousness. This is what the winged scarab indicates in ancient Egypt; balanced hemispheres. Men who open to the feminine energy are well along the path of expression and evolution.

Tom: Watched that video a while ago, nice to see it free online now. Great eye opener for many! Including my own family whom I showed it to.

Avocado

(12-12-2011, 05:35 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]Is that getting more common for guys to break down in tears for no reason at all?

Sounds like me Gemini. Sometimes I just have to do it, I don't know why, but I assume there is a reason deep down. Other times the reason is closer to the surface. Sometimes the valve just needs to open and relieve the pressure. I've cried my entire life, the cultural view on this seems upside down. InLakesh my friend.
Namaste, both videos you posted--Bashar & Dispenza--were great. We streamed Dispenza's 8-part video last night. The experiment with the diabetics was phenomenal from a scientific standpoint. Thank you so much for the post.

(12-14-2011, 05:44 PM)Diana Wrote: [ -> ]Namaste, both videos you posted--Bashar & Dispenza--were great. We streamed Dispenza's 8-part video last night. The experiment with the diabetics was phenomenal from a scientific standpoint. Thank you so much for the post.

You're welcome Diana. It should be compulsory viewing, fantastic information.
Thanks for the video Namaste. Because of it, I'm choosing to be happy, even if circumstances tell me otherwise.
I am feeling much better today. I feel a fairly dense inward pulling into my heart chakra and 3rd eye.
(12-12-2011, 07:35 PM)kycahi Wrote: [ -> ]The word "normal" is a Statistics term that means the big crowd in the bulge of the bell-shaped curve. In that regard, a man crying is not normal. What you want to know is whether it's healthy. I strongly believe that not only is it very healthy, but doing it is an excellent way to get closer to good health, both physically and mentally.

Excellent point. Normal and natural are, more often than not, two different things.
i sometines cry when i miss my higher nature, it is strange when u know that u dont belong here and still here u are...
Emotional energy has a way of piling up hasn't it? Whatever reason behind the release, it's a good way to rebalance.
My boyfriend and I have been going to yoga a lot the last couple of months. There are a few poses that work on opening the heart chakra. He has mentioned something near to what you posted GM: that he feels like crying at odd moments, and that tears are right there on the surface.

I think this is the heart chakra opening (more). I'm not suggesting that either you or he don't have your hearts open, because I think you do. But perhaps you are opening to buried stuff--hurts that weren't resolved, grief that wasn't recognized, and even more obtuse: love that wasn't recognized or expressed fully.

I have a theory about love, and it's based on dreams. Have you ever had a dream of seeing someone you haven't seen in a long time, and the reunion in your dream is so ecstatic, so beyond the feelings you have in waking life? I think this is a clue to what the complete opening to love is. It's so intense that we actually keep it at bay because of the powerful presence of it.

On another note. I have found in my life that I must have a purpose. That purpose for me, means that for my business I do something that adds light to the world. Right now I am developing learning products to help kids develop fluid intelligence. Maybe you could write a furry graphic novel? (You're a writer I think?)
Heart
Gemini you are in the midst of The Dark Night Of The Soul. It sounds like your heart chakra is trying to cleanse itself of all the repressed emotions that you've subconsciously held inside. Once it clears this it can move up to the throat chakra where further emotional work needs to be done. It's all progress!

That's where I am now and I truly cannot think of a worse period in my life than the last 3 years. Job, business, love, finances, hope and faith lost....but then slowly found....in part.

I found Bashar immensely helpful. There are zillions of clips on Youtube you can watch.

The late El Collie's newsletters were also very helpful. Her book and the newsletters can be found here http://www.elcollie.com/st/st.html

Also revisit The Wanderers Handbook on the llresearch website.

I hope all goes well for you. You are in my thoughts.
I am on my 41st time around the Sun and I am a male. I can be, and have been, quite sensitive. I really don't see crying as a negative, but the majority of times I cry is when I've become overwhelmed in beauty or happiness. When I cry in sadness, I find it quite therapeutic. I think I feel worse when I try and hold back crying, but I only try to hold back the sad tears.

Gemini Wolf, I hope you are doing well. Remember that there are lessons to be learned in this life, but sometimes we are too engaged in juggling everything we deem important. I meditate by practicing mindfulness. I allow my mind a break from the games of daily life and to focus on the moment. It helps me become more aware and then I can weigh my actions and make sure I am on the path that resonates for me. Being on that path is peaceful for me, and does allow me to be joyful.

Remember that these are just chemical bodies we are inhabiting. If you find adding chemicals to you body is helping you right now, keep doing it, but be open to the fact that you may not need them forever. I've taken various SSRI's as antidepressants in the past, but as I've gotten older, and removed myself from as many stressful triggers as I comfortable could, I find I do better without them. Oh, also remember that ALL of these friggin chemical bodies leak... and in various ways!
(01-28-2012, 02:48 PM)KindaEnlightened Wrote: [ -> ]I am on my 41st time around the Sun and I am a male. I can be, and have been, quite sensitive. I really don't see crying as a negative, but the majority of times I cry is when I've become overwhelmed in beauty or happiness. When I cry in sadness, I find it quite therapeutic. I think I feel worse when I try and hold back crying, but I only try to hold back the sad tears.

Welcome to your newest community, KindaE. Your first post is so good, I recommend that you not try to excel on it for awhile. Smile
The male and female human brains are nearly identical biologically, most gender differences are social constructs, so a male is crying is healthy and well balanced, whether its normal depends on how you define that term, I would agree with kychai on the bell curve population idea and I would add that most people on the forum are probably on the leading edge of that curve, meaning there's not that many people we can truly relate to.

As someone who used to strongly believe that meditation, positive thinking, a healthy diet, and affirmations could cure anything and that all pharmaceuticals are evil brainwashing tools let me say that when I finally allowed myself to be diagnosed with depression and ADD the pharmaceuticals I eventually tried did more good for me in 1 month that my 2 years of all that new age stuff combined. If you have a chemical imbalance in your brain we have the technology to correct it. There are lots of smart people who study very hard to join a community of people who try to help improve our health, a community which strongly values evidence and building upon a pool of knowledge. So as convenient as it would be for a chant in Sanskrit and certain yoga pose to be the cures for a serious illness this is probably not the case. Go to a doctor, psychologist or psychiatrist, they can do their best to help you, they have probably helped many people in similar situations as you. If they don't help you or you don't like them then find someone else, there's so many of them.
(01-29-2012, 01:48 AM)turtledude23 Wrote: [ -> ]let me say that when I finally allowed myself to be diagnosed with depression and ADD the pharmaceuticals I eventually tried did more good for me in 1 month that my 2 years of all that new age stuff combined.
Bluntly put:
You werent doing it right. If you wanna fix ADD, fix your solar plexus (makes you better at being focused (also, for extended periods)).
If you wanna fix depression, fix your root chakra (makes it easier to recover from psycological downs)
And by "fix" i mean: in meditation, make sure that energies are stirring/buzzing down around your shin and that theres a burning sensation around your solar plexus. Done through either focusing on them directly... or pushing the crown up/outwards.

If done right and with proper dedication, you can bring a chakra from dead to "above ~99.9% of the population" in 3 months

(01-29-2012, 01:48 AM)turtledude23 Wrote: [ -> ]If you have a chemical imbalance in your brain we have the technology to correct it.

Fyi, the chemical balance of your body/brain alters in relation to your aura(personality)....
But are you capable of preforming major changes?

But then again, some drugs actualy do mesassure almost as effective as just absorbing a color... but most give 1 and take 1 (or 2...)
Thats why they are called drugs, and not food.
(01-29-2012, 12:21 PM)Liet Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-29-2012, 01:48 AM)turtledude23 Wrote: [ -> ]let me say that when I finally allowed myself to be diagnosed with depression and ADD the pharmaceuticals I eventually tried did more good for me in 1 month that my 2 years of all that new age stuff combined.
Bluntly put:
You werent doing it right. If you wanna fix ADD, fix your solar plexus (makes you better at being focused (also, for extended periods)).
If you wanna fix depression, fix your root chakra (makes it easier to recover from psycological downs)
And by "fix" i mean: in meditation, make sure that energies are stirring/buzzing down around your shin and that theres a burning sensation around your solar plexus. Done through either focusing on them directly... or pushing the crown up/outwards.

If done right and with proper dedication, you can bring a chakra from dead to "above ~99.9% of the population" in 3 months

(01-29-2012, 01:48 AM)turtledude23 Wrote: [ -> ]If you have a chemical imbalance in your brain we have the technology to correct it.

Fyi, the chemical balance of your body/brain alters in relation to your aura(personality)....
But are you capable of preforming major changes?

But then again, some drugs actualy do mesassure almost as effective as just absorbing a color... but most give 1 and take 1 (or 2...)
Thats why they are called drugs, and not food.

Drugs helped me focus which was always hard for me, meditating was even harder for me because of how hard it was for me to focus, while drugs worked within hours of taking them. Maybe I wasn't doing it right but unless you have solid evidence proving otherwise I'm going to assume pharmaceuticals are more effective in most cases.
(01-29-2012, 08:25 PM)turtledude23 Wrote: [ -> ]Drugs helped me focus which was always hard for me, meditating was even harder for me because of how hard it was for me to focus, while drugs worked within hours of taking them. Maybe I wasn't doing it right but unless you have solid evidence proving otherwise I'm going to assume pharmaceuticals are more effective in most cases.
I also had a problem with focusing when i first got into meditation, solved it by (or never saw it as a problem because...)
I was meditating for like 20-40sec every 1-2minute while doing other things in between.
Aslong as one is using that short period effectively... Pushing the crown up 'till ur exhausted is equal to physical "running" (which i couldnt either preform for extended periods without catching my breath)
I could push it further and further up for longer and longer periods the more days passed.
It went hand-in-hand with ability to focus, physical stamina etz.

All amphetamines temporarily strengthen your solar plexus.

I have broken out in tears in public at a night club twice. Not a sad weep but rather a joyous one.

The 2nd time was most profound. I was quite drunk but also under the influence of a light dose of lsd. I was dancing and totally in the moment, I could feel everyone in the room and it felt like we were all one. At that point of ecstasy I just couldn't control the happiness, tears starting streaming out of my eyes but I still had a big smile on my face.

People noticed but I didn't care, friends where bit questioning but they had seen my outbreak the first time so they didn't question it to much. Damn it felt good.
(01-29-2012, 08:25 PM)turtledude23 Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe I wasn't doing it right but unless you have solid evidence proving otherwise I'm going to assume pharmaceuticals are more effective in most cases.

In most cases for whom? And what cases are you referring to? Are you saying that pharmaceuticals work better than meditation for every single person, not just yourself, and for all ailments?

I took pharmaceuticals for years. They didn't solve the problem that I had at all. It only numbed me and made me dead to the world. Which was like a band-aid on a gunshot wound to the heart. I won't ever be taking any derivative of fluorine / fluoride ever again, I can tell you that much. I was shocked that one of the most popular anti-depressants that I was taking was just another fluoride derivative.

Presently I am probably almost as much of a wreck as many others that I've seen on here complaining of anxiety. I just stoically try to hide it while trying to come up with a solution to my big problem of trying to scrape by until the big changes start really coming, in which case I will finally start feeling more useful.
(02-01-2012, 09:33 PM)DuncanIdahoTPF Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-29-2012, 08:25 PM)turtledude23 Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe I wasn't doing it right but unless you have solid evidence proving otherwise I'm going to assume pharmaceuticals are more effective in most cases.

In most cases for whom? And what cases are you referring to? Are you saying that pharmaceuticals work better than meditation for every single person, not just yourself, and for all ailments?

No, I'm saying based on scientific research they work relatively well for more people who participated in a study than a placebo. It's far from a perfect system of measuring efficacy however it's certainly a better system than anecdotal information.

Quote:I took pharmaceuticals for years. They didn't solve the problem that I had at all. It only numbed me and made me dead to the world. Which was like a band-aid on a gunshot wound to the heart. I won't ever be taking any derivative of fluorine / fluoride ever again, I can tell you that much. I was shocked that one of the most popular anti-depressants that I was taking was just another fluoride derivative.

Presently I am probably almost as much of a wreck as many others that I've seen on here complaining of anxiety. I just stoically try to hide it while trying to come up with a solution to my big problem of trying to scrape by until the big changes start really coming, in which case I will finally start feeling more useful.

It sucks that it didn't work for you, but part of the reason I avoided pharmaceuticals and even going to a doctor for a help is because on the websites I frequented the majority of people there insisted pharmaceuticals are useless at best and evil, toxic brainwashing tools at worst.

Meerie

Aren't these so called scientific studies on the effects medication usually being paid for by the pharmaceutical companies?
just asking.
I remember some time ago, on the news, the speaker announced that a new scientific study had shown that telephoning via cellphones did not increase the risk of braintumors. He then proceeded to announce that the study had been financed by t-mobile, which is a big cellphone provider here.
Follow the money...
(02-03-2012, 02:40 AM)Meerie Wrote: [ -> ]Aren't these so called scientific studies on the effects medication usually being paid for by the pharmaceutical companies?
just asking.
I remember some time ago, on the news, the speaker announced that a new scientific study had shown that telephoning via cellphones did not increase the risk of braintumors. He then proceeded to announce that the study had been financed by t-mobile, which is a big cellphone provider here.
Follow the money...

Yeah pretty much. I was amazed when I first found out just what pharmaceutical psychotropics were doing to our population. It made me believe in "evil" for a while.

(02-03-2012, 02:40 AM)Meerie Wrote: [ -> ]Aren't these so called scientific studies on the effects medication usually being paid for by the pharmaceutical companies?
just asking.
Follow the money...

Yes they are financed by pharmaceutical companies and are skewed to favour them however the research necessary to get a new drug approved by the FDA or another country's respective health organization is very strict and extensive, many drugs are not approved despite the millions the pharma companies spent on research. Often times universities will do independent follow up studies on those drugs and find out new information such as "it also has a notable risk of X" and sometimes the FDA (or similar body) will recall drugs they previously approved because of such studies.

Those kinds of studies about cellphones are not regulated by government agencies, any professor can make a study about almost anything they want and do it in almost any way they want, sometimes knowing that it'll give false results, other times unintentionally getting the results they want, but often times getting the closest thing we can get to the truth at this time on Earth. The only way to really know if any specific study is valid is by reading it and seeing how it was conducted, there have been plenty of deliberately misleading studies, and also many studies which once seemed true but later were disproven by future studies, unless those studies were flawed. In any case a study is more rigorous than a professional poll, which is more rigorous than an amateur poll, which is more rigorous than listening to anecdotes. Furthermore a certain segment of the population posts on this forum so any anecdotes they give are not proportional to the population in general.