Bring4th

Full Version: Charlie Chaplin - (one of) the most obvious wanderers ever
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After watching this scene and really listening and comprehending what he is saying... Starting at 6:45 if you are impatient, on until the end is describing what is going to happen in the next year (I'm pretty much sure of it sure). Its perfect... The whole speech is just amazing... Someone shared a video of the speech but it didnt have the end part, which I consider to be the most important. I cant seem to find the thread with it.

Quote:Hope... I'm sorry but I don't want to be an Emperor - that's not my business - I don't want to rule or conquer anyone. I should like to help everyone if possible, Jew, gentile, black man, white. We all want to help one another, human beings are like that.

We all want to live by each other's happiness, not by each other's misery. We don't want to hate and despise one another. In this world there is room for everyone and the earth is rich and can provide for everyone.

The way of life can be free and beautiful.

But we have lost the way.

Greed has poisoned men's souls - has barricaded the world with hate; has goose-stepped us into misery and bloodshed.

We have developed speed but we have shut ourselves in: machinery that gives abundance has left us in want. Our knowledge has made us cynical, our cleverness hard and unkind. We think too much and feel too little: More than machinery we need humanity; More than cleverness we need kindness and gentleness. Without these qualities, life will be violent and all will be lost.

The aeroplane and the radio have brought us closer together. The very nature of these inventions cries out for the goodness in men, cries out for universal brotherhood for the unity of us all. Even now my voice is reaching millions throughout the world, millions of despairing men, women and little children, victims of a system that makes men torture and imprison innocent people. To those who can hear me I say "Do not despair".

The misery that is now upon us is but the passing of greed, the bitterness of men who fear the way of human progress: the hate of men will pass and dictators die and the power they took from the people, will return to the people and so long as men die [now] liberty will never perish...

Soldiers - don't give yourselves to brutes, men who despise you and enslave you - who regiment your lives, tell you what to do, what to think and what to feel, who drill you, diet you, treat you as cattle, as cannon fodder.

Don't give yourselves to these unnatural men, machine men, with machine minds and machine hearts. You are not machines. You are not cattle. You are men. You have the love of humanity in your hearts. You don't hate - only the unloved hate. Only the unloved and the unnatural. Soldiers - don't fight for slavery, fight for liberty.

In the seventeenth chapter of Saint Luke it is written " the kingdom of God is within man " - not one man, nor a group of men - but in all men - in you, the people.

You the people have the power, the power to create machines, the power to create happiness. You the people have the power to make life free and beautiful, to make this life a wonderful adventure. Then in the name of democracy let's use that power - let us all unite. Let us fight for a new world, a decent world that will give men a chance to work, that will give you the future and old age and security. By the promise of these things, brutes have risen to power, but they lie. They do not fulfil their promise, they never will. Dictators free themselves but they enslave the people. Now let us fight to fulfil that promise. Let us fight to free the world, to do away with national barriers, do away with greed, with hate and intolerance. Let us fight for a world of reason, a world where science and progress will lead to all men's happiness.

Soldiers - in the name of democracy, let us all unite!

Look up! Look up! The clouds are lifting - the sun is breaking through. We are coming out of the darkness into the light. We are coming into a new world. A kind new world where men will rise above their hate and brutality.

The soul of man has been given wings - and at last he is beginning to fly. He is flying into the rainbow - into the light of hope - into the future, that glorious future that belongs to you, to me and to all of us. Look up. Look up."
DuncanIdahoTPF ,

When I first read about the concept of "Wanderers" in the Law of One material, I immediately thought of one man as "the most obvious wanderer ever" as you put it, and to me it was Bill Hicks (comedian) See: http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Bill_Hicks

Funny that both of our choices would be Comedians? I always thought the Creator had a sense of irony.

The most "Wandery" quotes (actually his jokes) I would say are:

- I've been on what I call my UFO Tour, which means, like UFOs, I too have been appearing in small southern towns in front of a handful of hillbillies lately. I've been doubting my own existence. (from his "Flying Saucer Tour")

- What's gonna happen to the arms industry when we realize that we're all one?!

- "Folks, it's time to evolve. That's why we're troubled. You know why our institutions are failing us, the church, the state, everything's failing? It's because, um – they're no longer relevant. We're supposed to keep evolving. Evolution did not end with us growing opposable thumbs. You do know that, right? There's another 90 percent of our brains that we have to illuminate."

- Wouldn't you like to see a positive LSD story on the news? To base your decision on information rather than scare tactics and superstition? Perhaps? Wouldn't that be interesting? Just for once? ... "Today, a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration – that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There's no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather."

And my all time Favorite:

- "The world is like a ride in an amusement park, and when you choose to go on it you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. The ride goes up and down, around and around, it has thrills and chills, and it's very brightly colored, and it's very loud, and it's fun for a while. Many people have been on the ride a long time, and they begin to wonder, "Hey, is this real, or is this just a ride?" And other people have remembered, and they come back to us and say, "Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride." And we … kill those people. "Shut him up! I've got a lot invested in this ride, shut him up! Look at my furrows of worry, look at my big bank account, and my family. This has to be real." It's just a ride. But we always kill the good guys who try and tell us that, you ever notice that? And let the demons run amok … But it doesn't matter, because it's just a ride. And we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings of money. Just a simple choice, right now, between fear and love. The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your doors, buy guns, close yourself off. The eyes of love instead see all of us as one. Here's what we can do to change the world, right now, to a better ride. Take all that money we spend on weapons and defenses each year and instead spend it feeding and clothing and educating the poor of the world, which it would pay for many times over, not one human being excluded, and we could explore space, together, both inner and outer, forever, in peace."

I have all of his albums, seen documentaries about him and listened to every bootleg I could find. Everything he said applies even more today then it did then. He also died of cancer at age 32 in 1994, which I believe ties in with his anger issues at the corruption and unjust world he spoke out about. (Similar to what the LOO states about cancer & anger)

I can't help but smile though when I picture Bill on the Other Side, that image always warms my heart. You were right Bill! I love You Bill!
I love Bill Hicks, and have always thought the same thing.

You've listed my two favourite Hicks quotes (positive drug news story and life is just a ride) also, which I've posted here a few times :¬)
Christopher Walken.
Oceania,

I love Christopher Walken, we share a Birthday, March 31st (1943 vs. 1983) "King of New York" is my favorite "Mobster/Gangster" Movie, and his SNL appearances, don't get me started. Hilarious!

everyone loves Christopher Walken.
I guess I shouldnt have "issued the challenge" of stating he was the most obvious ever, lol
DuncanIdahoTPF,

I did not take it as a challenge, and in no way am I saying Bill is more Obvious than Charlie. I only wanted to share my story about the time when I thought of the "Most Obvious Wanderer Ever" and share Bill's Quotes.

No Worries.
i took it as a challenge.
Walken is the most obvious.
coming from a classical music background, I would vote for Bach and Beethoven as being pretty obvious candidates for being Wanderers. One can also throw in the tortured life of Schumann if one is of that bent.

these guys elevated music to a spiritual/humanistic level; brought down the tunes and counterpoint from the turning stars, and gave them blueprints of manuscript paper.

the stuff is re-enlivened and re-created each day by countless kids and students in conservatories; it brings joy and peace to adults who can't 'make' the music themselves.

ALL music can elevate, but these dudes took their particular style and expression to the highest point. When they did try to reach further, their system of earth expression crumbled under the more intense vibrations. Their art went so far, and no further.

that's my eulogy anyway.

speech over Shy
In the Matthew, Tell Me About Heaven book, channeled entity Matthew Ward states that music is created in the higher realms, and composers here are channeling/filtering it through their mind. So it all exists somewhere already.
There's also the Sounds of the Spheres that the angels create.
to get back on topic, i think that speech is important today, as we are nearing another world war, if Iran is attacked. and i sincerely hope it won't... soldiers need to wake up now.
I think the war is preventable... Some people (behind the scenes especially, I'm told) are working to prevent it. Everyone sees it coming though, it seems. I wouldn't worry too much about nuclear war as from what I understand that is one of the few things that they (the ones outside of this quarantine) are allowed to directly intervene to prevent. I only bring that up since Iran seems to be at least partially nuclear.

But deploying US / UN forces into a war with them and/or Pakistan is baaaaad... I have this overwhelming sense that the whole idea of us ever going in there and attacking / bombing them would be just driven by the politics of STS entities. Just senseless waste of human life (and environmental vitality, I'm sure as well).
yeah but it makes me jittery to think they'd even attempt it.
After you showing me that speech which I have seen once before... It compelled me to make a video for it. I hope you all enjoy a very long time to compile.

Im glad this inspired someone as much as its inspired me... =O)
That speech reminds me of this saying: "What if they had a War and no one showed up?"

We, the people of earth, keep having Wars because we keep showing up for them.
(12-26-2011, 08:05 AM)zack231 Wrote: [ -> ]Chaplin reportedly spent a full month writing and re-writing this speech so that not a single word would go to waste. Everything you hear in this scene came straight from Chaplin's soul. This was the real Charlie Chaplin, speaking to the world. Not a fictional character. This is one of the greatest speeches of all time, it can be applied today, and probably will have significant meaning for the next 200 years. Charlie Chaplin may seem like a goof ball, but in reality, this is his true self. He was a comedian not for the money, but to spread smiles and happiness. Charlie should be celebrated.

I like your description of the speech (in the video description/summary). BigSmileHeart