Bring4th

Full Version: Will Power
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Any suggestions on how to increase will power?

There are many things I desire to do to better my life. I just can't summon enough will power to follow through. My zen attitude of "just do it"only works short term and temporarily at best.
The best book I've found on the subject, so far: "The Act of Will" by Roberto Assagioli. Also "Concentration and Meditation" by Christmas Humphreys.
(12-27-2011, 03:25 PM)neutral333 Wrote: [ -> ]Any suggestions on how to increase will power?

There are many things I desire to do to better my life. I just can't summon enough will power to follow through. My zen attitude of "just do it"only works short term and temporarily at best.

Neutral, it is interesting that you should pose this question, because I asked myself the exact same thing a few days ago.

The answer came to me in a 'vision' and I make a full disclosure upfront: I have been increasingly experiencing 'strange phenomena' in the last month or two, and some of these 'spontaneous visions' are part of that. I am still rather skeptical of it myself, and rather than getting caught up in the whole paranormal 'what is this about', 'who is sending me these messages', 'I'm a psychic now' - I just try to judge the information on its merits and on whether it is useful and empowering on my journey. I am just going to relate my story, and you can take for what it is. ps I am not Christian in any sense, and I make that caveat up front as you shall soon hear why.

- -

ok, so I was in a deep meditative state, and I had placed the Question of what was the Will, and how do I strengthen it within myself. The question was posed in the context of becoming a 'stronger magician' and being able to shape the contents of my own consciousness at 'will'.

so I'm sitting there, and the ArchAngel Michael appears before me. How I know this is him I am not sure as I have never met this individual before (as far as I know).

Michael pulls his rather etheric sword from his scabbard and displays it for me. There are engravings on it, there are also inscriptions on the handle and the blade. These are in Latin.

He then says: "This is the Sword of Will. This is how you direct your Consciousness. It is used with skill, with precision, but always for your own Self-Empowerment, not to influence others unduly. You strengthen your own Will so that you better become an instrument to serve others; if you apply the Sword of Will outside yourself, you are trying to draw Power towards yourself. This is not the Intent."

He then beckoned me to produce my own current 'Sword of Will'. It appeared in my Mind. I could see my 'current' Sword of Will next to Michael's Sword of Will. I could see a direct comparison.

The most immediate difference was a sense that the two Swords were of fundamentally different materials. Mine seemed more leaden, more dead, whereas Michael's blade glowed as if it was alive.

There was also a difference in the shapes of the swords. I moulded my Sword of Will to look more like Michael's; the shape of the blade, the nature of the guard near the handle. I also got to 'zoom in' on the inscriptions and made a word for word copy onto my own blade. Definitely latin. I didn't want to break the sanctity of the experience by getting a piece of paper and jotting down what I saw, but I saw EVERY LETTER and copied it verbatim.

Michael then executed a series of sword moves, slicing out different patterns in the air. These each had a different significance he explained to me. I learnt what I could, and I'm sure my subconscious is programmed somewhere with these techniques, but I cannot recall these lessons much at all.

- -

and that's my story about the ArchAngel Michael teaching me about the Sword of Will. Probably not what you were looking for; and it probably sounds like total BS lol. I don't discount that this could all be due to an over-active imagination or a meandering daydream, but hey, that's the experience as I recall it.

if anyone challenges me, I'm willing to disown this experience in a heartbeat BigSmile
Wouldn't an attempt to share an interpretation of your answer be helpful?
(12-27-2011, 06:28 PM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]He then beckoned me to produce my own current 'Sword of Will'. It appeared in my Mind. I could see my 'current' Sword of Will next to Michael's Sword of Will. I could see a direct comparison.

Where conscious/focus goes, energy follows. Wherever you point your focus, you will follow.

Just like headlights on a car, the car will always follow what the headlights aim at.

The sword is your beam of focus, your "point" of focus.
(12-27-2011, 03:25 PM)neutral333 Wrote: [ -> ]Any suggestions on how to increase will power?

I have some practical advice. You have taken the first step by having the intention. You'll want to get as clear as possible about your intentions. Now, two practical things that will help:

1) Finish everything you start. If you start cleaning the house, do it all the way until it is completely done. Any project you start, finish. Don't allow ambivalence or laziness to rule your actions.

2) Set healthy boundaries. Say no to things, and yes to things, after reflection and practical consideration.

These two things require self-discipline. Self-discipline is what you need. It takes work, follow-through, and commitment. Humans are wired for energy conservation; this is the primal brain and instinct rearing its head. Create new habits to override the old. Keep trying no matter how many times you fall short. Remember that everything you accomplish helps the entire planet--little bits of light that are added to the sum of light.

On the other hand, it's perfectly fine to do nothing. But if if you are feeling conflicted, that's the energy you are generating. It would be a good idea to resolve it one way or the other.
This topic involves indigo energy. "The next center is the pineal or indigo-ray center. Those blocked in this center may experience a lessening of the influx of intelligent energy due to manifestations which appear as unworthiness." "The unworthiness distortion blocks the free flow of intelligent energy."

For one to use their will, it requires confidence..which encompasses expression of the self, worthiness, embracing who you are. So one has to first become comfortable with the self. Strengths/weaknesses/insecurities must be examined, balanced, and accepted. We are not perfect, so we have to find our boundaries and limits, as Diana pointed out those central and important aspects. We each have a personality which is unbalanced, and embracing this imbalance is true balance as Ra has said.

"There is great danger in the use of the will as the personality becomes stronger, for it may be used even subconsciously in ways reducing the polarity of the entity." This is where being humble and having humility comes in, because as the personality is embraced, we tend to become disappointed with and separate from others.."Why can't others see what I see?..or..This is how they should be."

The urge is to try and structure others to conform to our own needs (grope the self), whereas the practice of acceptance would instead be the best approach. In speaking about a negative fifth density entity.."These fifth-density entities see the creation as that which shall be put in order."

Ra's example of being humble comes from 5.2 where they speak of healing. "Where you find patience within your mind you must consciously find the corresponding impatience and vice versa." Because it's a simplistic example, it almost doesn't make any sense. If I have found patience within, what does examining impatience have anything to do with my balance? Forgetting the patience example, in general they're saying that the more one progresses in their learning, to not forget and disconnect the self from its faults. There is the tendency to separate ourselves from others the more we learn, and project others as being different and forget ourselves as also having faults. So rather than only identifying with the positive aspects of ourselves, it's required that we keep ourselves in check..come back down to reality..be humble.
(12-28-2011, 02:59 PM)Icaro Wrote: [ -> ]"Why can't others see what I see?..or..This is how they should be."

The urge is to try and structure others to conform to our own needs (grope the self), whereas the practice of acceptance would instead be the best approach.
Hence the calls to "wake up" in a certain prejudicial format that conforms to ideals and vague suspicions of the personal unconscious. If you promote consciousness through exclusion, you will only wind up facing what was excluded in an unconscious manner at some later point. Dealing with things unconsciously is what promotes 'suffering'.

If you take a look at acceptance, it actually provides more 'space' or more freedom all around - that's more opportunity.

i've lost and re-attained my solar plexus many times during my life journy and i've found that completely loosing ones motivation (will power) has gone hand-in-hand with lacking blood circulation (cold hands), requiering more sleep to become rested, feeling constantly hungry/thirsty (only when the plexus is DAMN weak tho) and my thoughts becoming more or less "not my own" meaning they become dirty, making me shy away from looking at things/people and thinking of certain things... lacking pride/confidence, sharpness of thought/sight. feeling less (or not at all) attracted to the physical body in general.

my bones and blood vessles broke more easily than otherwise during these periods.

re-igniting the solar plexus fixed all of this.
if you need help with it, i'd suggest either (Rklick and "save file as...")
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/23613811/single%20tones/253.MP3
prostate -> solar plexus -> forehead -> pineal gland
intensely maskuline frequency.
or
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/23613811/single%...46%2C5.MP3
for a more balanced approach.
Having strong will power which isn't a natural outcome of, and proportional to, degree of polarization is a bad idea.

http://lawofone.info/results.php?session...c=1&ss=1#7
Quote:52.7 Questioner: Am I correct, then, in assuming that discipline of the personality, knowledge of self, and control in strengthening of the will would be what any fifth-density entity would see as those things of importance?
Ra: I am Ra. In actuality these things are of importance in third through early seventh densities. The only correction in nuance that we would make is your use of the word, control. It is paramount that it be understood that it is not desirable or helpful to the growth of the understanding, may we say, of an entity by itself to control thought processes or impulses except where they may result in actions not consonant with the Law of One. Control may seem to be a short-cut to discipline, peace, and illumination. However, this very control potentiates and necessitates the further incarnative experience in order to balance this control or repression of that self which is perfect.

Instead, we appreciate and recommend the use of your second verb in regard to the use of the will. Acceptance of self, forgiveness of self, and the direction of the will; this is the path towards the disciplined personality. Your faculty of will is that which is powerful within you as co-Creator. You cannot ascribe to this faculty too much importance. Thus it must be carefully used and directed in service-to-others for those upon the positively oriented path.

There is great danger in the use of the will as the personality becomes stronger, for it may be used even subconsciously in ways reducing the polarity of the entity.
(12-28-2011, 04:28 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]Hence the calls to "wake up" in a certain prejudicial format that conforms to ideals and vague suspicions of the personal unconscious. If you promote consciousness through exclusion, you will only wind up facing what was excluded in an unconscious manner at some later point. Dealing with things unconsciously is what promotes 'suffering'.

I think most don't know they're doing it. Even Ra's harvest was small!
(12-27-2011, 03:25 PM)neutral333 Wrote: [ -> ]There are many things I desire to do to better my life.

What kind of things are you talking about? Mind to give some example/s?

neutral333 Wrote:Any suggestions on how to increase will power?

I believe that you have your "problem" right here:

neutral333 Wrote:I just can't summon enough will power to follow through. My zen attitude of "just do it"only works short term and temporarily at best.

The persistence and consistent will that is thought through is the answer, and then to hold on to the desire and slowly moving through the winds of third density towards it, is the answer, in my understanding/experience. But I don't know exactly what you are meaning to better in your life. For instance how to be persistent in doing dishes every day - that, I have no idea how to do in regards to will power. Some things are important, some others are not. I guess that analyzing the self, and detecting those things that are of importance is the first step. Willing them then to be manifested in the physical, and being persistent in that desire, is something that then becomes almost automatic. This is my understanding/experience anyway. So the only tip that I can give on this subject is to analyze your inner self, and then straight your priorities up, to realize deep within - what is of importance to you, and what not? When you realize these things, there arises almost like a knowing, what your true goal/desire is. It becomes almost like an automatic understanding and acceptance, after you are done with contemplation/meditation/analysis of your self, what you truly desire. Of course there will be distractions, psychic greetings, and whatnot, but when you realize deep within your self, what is of importance for you, nothing will cloud your vision/view, and stand in your way when you move forward on your path, at various pace depending on what is happening.

Good luck!
(12-27-2011, 06:28 PM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]

Neutral, it is interesting that you should pose this question, because I asked myself the exact same thing a few days ago.

The answer came to me in a 'vision' and I make a full disclosure upfront: I have been increasingly experiencing 'strange phenomena' in the last month or two, and some of these 'spontaneous visions' are part of that. I am still rather skeptical of it myself, and rather than getting caught up in the whole paranormal 'what is this about', 'who is sending me these messages', 'I'm a psychic now' - I just try to judge the information on its merits and on whether it is useful and empowering on my journey. I am just going to relate my story, and you can take for what it is. ps I am not Christian in any sense, and I make that caveat up front as you shall soon hear why.

- -

ok, so I was in a deep meditative state, and I had placed the Question of what was the Will, and how do I strengthen it within myself. The question was posed in the context of becoming a 'stronger magician' and being able to shape the contents of my own consciousness at 'will'.

so I'm sitting there, and the ArchAngel Michael appears before me. How I know this is him I am not sure as I have never met this individual before (as far as I know).

Michael pulls his rather etheric sword from his scabbard and displays it for me. There are engravings on it, there are also inscriptions on the handle and the blade. These are in Latin.

He then says: "This is the Sword of Will. This is how you direct your Consciousness. It is used with skill, with precision, but always for your own Self-Empowerment, not to influence others unduly. You strengthen your own Will so that you better become an instrument to serve others; if you apply the Sword of Will outside yourself, you are trying to draw Power towards yourself. This is not the Intent."

He then beckoned me to produce my own current 'Sword of Will'. It appeared in my Mind. I could see my 'current' Sword of Will next to Michael's Sword of Will. I could see a direct comparison.

The most immediate difference was a sense that the two Swords were of fundamentally different materials. Mine seemed more leaden, more dead, whereas Michael's blade glowed as if it was alive.

There was also a difference in the shapes of the swords. I moulded my Sword of Will to look more like Michael's; the shape of the blade, the nature of the guard near the handle. I also got to 'zoom in' on the inscriptions and made a word for word copy onto my own blade. Definitely latin. I didn't want to break the sanctity of the experience by getting a piece of paper and jotting down what I saw, but I saw EVERY LETTER and copied it verbatim.

Michael then executed a series of sword moves, slicing out different patterns in the air. These each had a different significance he explained to me. I learnt what I could, and I'm sure my subconscious is programmed somewhere with these techniques, but I cannot recall these lessons much at all.

- -

and that's my story about the ArchAngel Michael teaching me about the Sword of Will. Probably not what you were looking for; and it probably sounds like total BS lol. I don't discount that this could all be due to an over-active imagination or a meandering daydream, but hey, that's the experience as I recall it.

if anyone challenges me, I'm willing to disown this experience in a heartbeat BigSmile

That was actually pretty helpful. I too learn greatly from visual symbolism. Thanks
(12-28-2011, 01:26 PM)Diana Wrote: [ -> ]

I have some practical advice. You have taken the first step by having the intention. You'll want to get as clear as possible about your intentions. Now, two practical things that will help:

1) Finish everything you start. If you start cleaning the house, do it all the way until it is completely done. Any project you start, finish. Don't allow ambivalence or laziness to rule your actions.

2) Set healthy boundaries. Say no to things, and yes to things, after reflection and practical consideration.

These two things require self-discipline. Self-discipline is what you need. It takes work, follow-through, and commitment. Humans are wired for energy conservation; this is the primal brain and instinct rearing its head. Create new habits to override the old. Keep trying no matter how many times you fall short. Remember that everything you accomplish helps the entire planet--little bits of light that are added to the sum of light.

On the other hand, it's perfectly fine to do nothing. But if if you are feeling conflicted, that's the energy you are generating. It would be a good idea to resolve it one way or the other.

Very helpful. Inspiring and practical. Thanks
(12-28-2011, 02:59 PM)Icaro Wrote: [ -> ]This topic involves indigo energy. "The next center is the pineal or indigo-ray center. Those blocked in this center may experience a lessening of the influx of intelligent energy due to manifestations which appear as unworthiness." "The unworthiness distortion blocks the free flow of intelligent energy."

For one to use their will, it requires confidence..which encompasses expression of the self, worthiness, embracing who you are. So one has to first become comfortable with the self. Strengths/weaknesses/insecurities must be examined, balanced, and accepted. We are not perfect, so we have to find our boundaries and limits, as Diana pointed out those central and important aspects. We each have a personality which is unbalanced, and embracing this imbalance is true balance as Ra has said.

"There is great danger in the use of the will as the personality becomes stronger, for it may be used even subconsciously in ways reducing the polarity of the entity." This is where being humble and having humility comes in, because as the personality is embraced, we tend to become disappointed with and separate from others.."Why can't others see what I see?..or..This is how they should be."

The urge is to try and structure others to conform to our own needs (grope the self), whereas the practice of acceptance would instead be the best approach. In speaking about a negative fifth density entity.."These fifth-density entities see the creation as that which shall be put in order."

Ra's example of being humble comes from 5.2 where they speak of healing. "Where you find patience within your mind you must consciously find the corresponding impatience and vice versa." Because it's a simplistic example, it almost doesn't make any sense. If I have found patience within, what does examining impatience have anything to do with my balance? Forgetting the patience example, in general they're saying that the more one progresses in their learning, to not forget and disconnect the self from its faults. There is the tendency to separate ourselves from others the more we learn, and project others as being different and forget ourselves as also having faults. So rather than only identifying with the positive aspects of ourselves, it's required that we keep ourselves in check..come back down to reality..be humble.

I'm definitely working on the inidgo center blockage. The color alone has been significant with me since I was a child. Great analysis here.
(12-29-2011, 08:55 AM)Ankh Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-27-2011, 03:25 PM)neutral333 Wrote: [ -> ]There are many things I desire to do to better my life.

What kind of things are you talking about? Mind to give some example/s?

neutral333 Wrote:Any suggestions on how to increase will power?

I believe that you have your "problem" right here:

neutral333 Wrote:I just can't summon enough will power to follow through. My zen attitude of "just do it"only works short term and temporarily at best.

The persistence and consistent will that is thought through is the answer, and then to hold on to the desire and slowly moving through the winds of third density towards it, is the answer, in my understanding/experience. But I don't know exactly what you are meaning to better in your life. For instance how to be persistent in doing dishes every day - that, I have no idea how to do in regards to will power. Some things are important, some others are not. I guess that analyzing the self, and detecting those things that are of importance is the first step. Willing them then to be manifested in the physical, and being persistent in that desire, is something that then becomes almost automatic. This is my understanding/experience anyway. So the only tip that I can give on this subject is to analyze your inner self, and then straight your priorities up, to realize deep within - what is of importance to you, and what not? When you realize these things, there arises almost like a knowing, what your true goal/desire is. It becomes almost like an automatic understanding and acceptance, after you are done with contemplation/meditation/analysis of your self, what you truly desire. Of course there will be distractions, psychic greetings, and whatnot, but when you realize deep within your self, what is of importance for you, nothing will cloud your vision/view, and stand in your way when you move forward on your path, at various pace depending on what is happening.

Good luck!

Thanks. Very helpful.

Perhaps my energy levels are low.

Specifically I have moved away from desire during my studies of Buddhism. But now I feel I need to strengthen my desire to serve, to meditate, to be healthy, to test myself and overcome obstacles. I'ma bit split between the buddhist idea of slaying craving, the Taoist idea of "do nothing (wu wei)", and the realization of a natural desire to serve and reflect the beauty of the creator. Huh

As a child, I knew a fellow named Will Powers. He was from an Irish Catholic family and had a whole bunch of brothers and sisters, who looked so much alike, that they appeared to be clones.
(12-30-2011, 09:33 PM)neutral333 Wrote: [ -> ]Specifically I have moved away from desire during my studies of Buddhism. But now I feel I need to strengthen my desire to serve, to meditate, to be healthy, to test myself and overcome obstacles. I'ma bit split between the buddhist idea of slaying craving, the Taoist idea of "do nothing (wu wei)", and the realization of a natural desire to serve and reflect the beauty of the creator. Huh

Perhaps you should choose one method at a time and try them one after another, in order to understand your self, to see what resonates with you most? Perhaps it's time consuming and there is impatience, but it's crucial to understand the true desire of the self, in order to move forward, in my opinion. Otherwise one continues to be split, not knowing how to proceed on the path, as the self is not known to the self, thus the work is not done in consciousness, and the true desire of the self is not revealed to the self.