Bring4th

Full Version: Plateau
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It has come to my attention that I have reached a sort of plateau, similar to those reached by weight lifters and general exercisers. I feel I can not grow spiritually anymore, but I understand why and this is what is holding me back.

As I knew I would there would come a point in my life where I would no longer need outside stimulus to awaken the being inside of me, to stir that spiritual sense of understanding. In fact, it all seems quite bland to me now. I reach for the LOO and Urantia or any other spiritually inquisitive writing and I watch movies seeking new understanding but I find my mind wandering, seeking, like child being forced to sit still.

I now understand that all knowledge gained from here on out must be harvested by myself. I must discipline my senses, follow my personal law to the letter and seek, seek, seek understanding. I just wished to let you fellow seekers and wanderers know about this point I have reached in case any of you feel the same. It tends to be comforting knowing that someone has experienced or is experiencing the same situation.

I would like to speak about a few things before I end this MEGAPOST.

In regards to David Wilcock; I feel he holds and speaks a lot of truth, but there is a sense of dishonesty that comes from him as well. I do not mean to speak unkindly of any soul but I feel it my duty to express that he comes off as a prophet like entity. One who wishes others to come to him for answers instead of seeking themselves. I feel this is an unsuccessful act for any person to follow and I urge you to seek you own answers instead of simply accepting others. Any one who charges astronomical fees for what I deem to be important knowledge has always held a rough spot in my heart.

As for simple silly things on this planet earth such as diet or the way you live entirely I wish to dispel this urgency in correcting lifestyle. We are here as we are, and everything is as it should be. Accept your lot, and improve as you can. We can all strive to do better, to be better, but it must be what YOU want and never what others think you should do. If you can not stand a veg* diet yet worry you are creating bad karma understand that the transfer of energy from one being to another is the cycle of life, practiced throughout the world from jungles to deserts. Plants are living too ya know. I choose to live poorly but that does not make me better than a rich man. His lot in life is different than mine, and we are learning different lessons.

I love each and everyone of you, and I wish you all great success and understanding. As for 2012, I am excited to see you on the other side.

Peace
Clordio Wrote:I now understand that all knowledge gained from here on out must be harvested by myself. I must discipline my senses, follow my personal law to the letter and seek, seek, seek understanding. I just wished to let you fellow seekers and wanderers know about this point I have reached in case any of you feel the same. It tends to be comforting knowing that someone has experienced or is experiencing the same situation.

I was raised in a religious household. I walked away from religion when I was in my early 20s and walked a rather darkened path for another 20 years or so before I became truly spiritually aware. My awareness was not the result of anything I'd read or observed on an external basis. I do understand.

Fact is, this aspect of who I am and how I came to be spiritually aware nearly prompted me to relinquish my membership here at Bring4th, because I don't really fit in here - there are several sections in which I can't participate because the discussions are based on the LOO materials. What I discovered, however, is that there are sections here where I do feel I 'fit in', even though there are as many differences as there are similarities in the experiences and understandings shared. I'm not here to learn or discuss the LOO material; I'm here for the exchange of respectful personal experiences with others who identify with the general description of "wanderer", regardless of their origins or evolutionary path.

I see you haven't been here long, Clordio; perhaps you'll stick around (knowing now that you're not alone) and share your process with us in here in the Life on Planet Earth section and perhaps in the Olio section as well. The discussions in these sections have been, to me, quite wonderful.
plur

ayadew

Hello Clordio. Your message resonates with me, and I feel I will possibly too reach your situation at some point of time (but not for very long). It seems like a natural end, where one is fully comfortable with the outside world and can focus on the inside. The world is still too interesting...

I wish you well on your path, and thank you for your message
Oh boy, does that ring a bell for me.

Clordio, I feel like I'm going through what you are at this time, however I don't look at it as a plateau. To me it's more like, I finally got the right prescription glasses after 24 years of trying on everyone else's set of spectacles, lol.

Instead of actively seeking new understanding...
1. I feel I should just flow with life
2. enjoy the awareness of being alive
3. and offer insight and help to those who ask me it of me

Those are the things I've come to accept for my reality because I finally understand that no matter what I read or hear about, my experiences and perspective are the truth of my path, and I feel that my core should be those things. You'll never have proof of what you believe in, unless you choose to see it as proof. Even to my own damn self, some things I consider proof of my beliefs, can be questioned quite endlessly by my own mind...enter the balance of mind WITH heart, and you got some real discernment going on.

Oh, and the thing about Wilcock, I also agree completely. I give him credit for opening the doors for me to the Law of One material which GREATLY accelerated my seeking/understanding, but after everything I've absorbed from him, I feel he is to be taken with a grain of salt even more frequently than a lot of other things that should be taken with a grain of salt, lol. What a lame way to phrase it, but you know what I mean.

Godspeed with all your endeavors!

-Jamal
(07-06-2009, 08:11 AM)Turtle Wrote: [ -> ]Oh boy, does that ring a bell for me.

Clordio, I feel like I'm going through what you are at this time, however I don't look at it as a plateau. To me it's more like, I finally got the right prescription glasses after 24 years of trying on everyone else's set of spectacles, lol.

Instead of actively seeking new understanding...
1. I feel I should just flow with life
2. enjoy the awareness of being alive
3. and offer insight and help to those who ask me it of me

Those are the things I've come to accept for my reality because I finally understand that no matter what I read or hear about, my experiences and perspective are the truth of my path, and I feel that my core should be those things. You'll never have proof of what you believe in, unless you choose to see it as proof. Even to my own damn self, some things I consider proof of my beliefs, can be questioned quite endlessly by my own mind...enter the balance of mind WITH heart, and you got some real discernment going on.

Oh, and the thing about Wilcock, I also agree completely. I give him credit for opening the doors for me to the Law of One material which GREATLY accelerated my seeking/understanding, but after everything I've absorbed from him, I feel he is to be taken with a grain of salt even more frequently than a lot of other things that should be taken with a grain of salt, lol. What a lame way to phrase it, but you know what I mean.

Godspeed with all your endeavors!

-Jamal

You hit the nail on the head. I too feel like I am seeing clearly for the first time, but there is still much more for me to learn.

I will of course still frequent these forums, the dialogue is much too interesting to pass up. It is never a bad idea to pass ideas from one to another and I feel this is a great path of learning. However I feel that I should stay away from materials that claim to have all the celestial answers in one convenient volume. I see the universe as being much too intricate and splendid to ever put down into words.

I thank you all for your kind words!

Peace
(07-06-2009, 08:11 AM)Turtle Wrote: [ -> ]Those are the things I've come to accept for my reality because I finally understand that no matter what I read or hear about, my experiences and perspective are the truth of my path, and I feel that my core should be those things. You'll never have proof of what you believe in, unless you choose to see it as proof. Even to my own damn self, some things I consider proof of my beliefs, can be questioned quite endlessly by my own mind...enter the balance of mind WITH heart, and you got some real discernment going on.

I really like the way you worded that. You can't use just your brain or just your heart... It must be both.

cheers!
Yeah, what Taha said.

*giggle*

Edited to add: I also want to express my gratitude, Clordio, for voicing thoughts I was afraid to share here. And thanks to all who wrote such positive responses.

*standing ovation*
Thanks, Taha. It seems I'm always worried about stepping on toes... although I got pretty bold (for me) in another thread today. Sometimes I just don't know if speaking my mind is all that beneficial, other than for my own sake. I do love the sharing process, both in writing my own thoughts and reading those of others. I learn so much this way!
plur
Ohh! That's the VW commercial that was banned, isn't it?

I would truly detest raising the ire of our wonderful hosts here at Bring4th; it feels safe to say I've found my niche here in the "Life on Planet Earth" and the "Olio" sections.

While I, too, do not agree with such generalizations as "spiritual = gentle", I do have some thoughts on the issue of how humans speak with one another. Of course, this is my personal understanding and, as we say, may not resonate with others, but I believe the huge transitions currently occurring in this physical universe are providing the opportunity for equally huge transitions in interpersonal relationships. I strongly believe that even what seem to be mere semantic issues can have a huge influence on our personal interactions - for better or worse - and that how we speak with one another will be a key factor in whether this transition manifests as a shift toward better or worse human interactions.

My thoughts...
plur
Yeah, it's an ugly thought - in many situations one must not be "fluffy and nice" or one will not be taken seriously. And how did we come to a point where "nice = fluffy and naive", anyway? Somehow one's perceived IQ drops when one is careful with words. It's like thinking all blonds are stupid or all Mexicans are lazy. Ick.

On the other hand, I really don't enjoy the social gatherings of healers and/or other gifted people in my local area for just this reason. They all seem to have taken on this super soft-spoken demeanor and do not seem to laugh easily. Joking and humorous sarcasm are out of the question. I certainly wouldn't call their intelligence into question; I know these folks are anything but "fluffy and naive" but then again they're just a little too "nice" for my tastes. Interestingly, our local pagan gatherings are the opposite; these folks know how to relax with one another, even when they're gathered for serious purposes.

I don't know how I come across in writing, but in person I'm quite outspoken and often boisterous; I throw my head back and laugh out loud (or giggle madly) when something strikes me as funny -- sometimes I can get downright silly. I rarely curse, saving such words for times when emphasis is necessary; a little well-placed shock can go a long way.... The classes I've taught have always been filled with laughter, the materials being presented with humor and in plain speech. I've striven to provide an atmosphere where anyone - outspoken or shy - can be comfortable, and I believe I've been pretty successful in that regard. So I do understand where you're coming from. Still, what would it cost for people to be more mindful of what they say, how they say it, and how their words might affect others? Compared to the possible gains?

When I speak out of anger, the release might (usually does) feel good, at least temporarily, but that's definitely a self-serving act on my part - it sure doesn't serve the recipient of my angry words, and it has more potential toward escalating the situation than resolving the conflict. The cost of such an exchange is too high to not mindfully strive toward a more constructive response. But - again - for me, I perceive this as part of a larger picture; I believe that interpersonal communications must improve if humans are to move forward along their spiritual evolutionary path during this time of transition.
plur
Yeeah, ya old softie! I knew you had it in you! BigSmile

Very, very well said, Taha. *applause*
plur