Bring4th

Full Version: Hip Replacement update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Shawnna

Not sure where is appropriate to post this so please move as needed!

I shared elsewhere that I was having my right hip replaced and I thought I'd give you all an update.

Surgery done Dec 19th, released to home on the 21st and 16 stitches removed today. Am using a walker and crutches and trying to find my new 'normal'.

Fighting off significant depression - which is not uncommon.

Asking for your prayers, love and good vibes for continued healing please. Heart

Meerie

Wow... seems like everything went really well and so fast.
Wishing you a speeding continuation of the recovery! Smile
Heart
Oh, hello! I do not think we have spoken in this forum before, so I did not know about the surgery even. I will definitely include you in my daily meditations from now on. I wish you a good and fast recovery!

Shawnna

Thank you all so very much!

Heart
My martial arts teacher had a hip replacement about 5 years ago, and then did the other hip. He was in a lot of pain before the surgeries. He is great now, and can be on his feet doing Tai Chi and teaching. Before, he was always getting up to show his students things even though he was in significant pain.

This is one area where allopathic medicine apparently works. Smile
(12-30-2011, 12:18 AM)Shawnna Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure where is appropriate to post this so please move as needed!

I shared elsewhere that I was having my right hip replaced and I thought I'd give you all an update.

Surgery done Dec 19th, released to home on the 21st and 16 stitches removed today. Am using a walker and crutches and trying to find my new 'normal'.

Fighting off significant depression - which is not uncommon.

Asking for your prayers, love and good vibes for continued healing please. Heart

Hello Shawnna,

I remember you... I was waiting for you to posting some news. I am glad you came here.

I wish you a speedy recovery. Heart
And, keep the spirit ... if only you could see all the friends you have on the invisible plane ... There are all around you now, helping and prompting you to trust in your full recovery.
It is common that the fluoride used in the anaesthtics causes some bit of depression. This can be quickly counteracted by a good homeopath who will be able to antidote as well as to help you to recover faster.

Smile, sing a little and make your heart jump with joy!
You can make it a Happy New Year!

HeartHeartHeart

Whitefeather

Shawnna

Very true Diana. I woke up yesterday and realized that I felt better than I had before the surgery! Appears I had grown quite accustomed to stiffness and pain. It is such a blessing to have it gone.

And dear Whitefeather...... my faith and trust in those surrounding me on the invisible plane is unfailing. I do wish I could see them but am quite happy just knowing they are there!

My depression has indeed lifted and I'm focusing on healing. Each day is better than the day before.

Carla's response to her recent physical challenges are such an inspiration to me!

Heart
So glad to hear the good news!

Take care, sister, we are with you.

Heart
All the best with your recovery :¬)

Shawnna

Seven weeks post op and I'm doing quite well - thank you for your prayers and good vibes! Heart

Rode my beloved bicycle around my block and up my long driveway yesterday for the first time since last summer.

[Image: IMG_0959.jpg]

I'm also able to walk without any aids.

BigSmile

And of course, back to work full time. Confused

My stamina is still non-existent but I know that will return in time.

Thank you again everyone! And a huge thank you to Carla for her inspiring healing journey! HeartHeart
Oh s***, I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you feel better. Youtube helps Smile http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Udcvu6aAJE
Thanking the Creator that you are doing well Shawanna! Will continue to send love and light and healing energy as you rebuild your stamina!