Bring4th

Full Version: Inspiring Stories of Kindness
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thank you for being a good media venue and giving us some GOOD news!

Tears on the secret Santa.
if you are interested in reading about some STO Animal Stories (mostly pets) jump over to this reddit thread here:

http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/commen...surprised/

truly made me tear up.

Here are a few samples:

Quote:submitted 7 hours ago by scruffy01
I have a pet Dachshund. He's 19 years old now (no health issues so far outside of a little arthritis).
He was just a puppy when we brought him home. I also had 3 cats. 2 of the cats would hiss at him and swat at him. 1 of the cats actually defended him. He would cuddle with him to sleep, would swat back at the cats when they messed with him. They always played together. Eventually of course all of my animals got along.
Fast forward about 8 years. The cat is now around 13 years old, and for the large part blind. He wouldn't roam very far outside of the house. Usually just on the front porch to bathe in the sun.
Well one day I am sitting in the living room and my Dachshund starts going nuts looking outside of the screen door. Apparently a very large black dog had cornered the cat.
This is where the what the fuckness happens.
The dachshund hits the screen door so hard it breaks the latch. Runs across the porch, kind of spear tackles the big dog, latches onto its throat and just went nuts tearing at the dog. The big dog manages to get away and runs for its life, never to be seen again.
I was just freaked out because this was the most kind hearted dog you will ever meet. He won't even defend himself. I guess you just don't mess with his buddy cat.
He moped for a month when the cat died a year or two later.

Quote:candrie 1240 points 5 hours ago
This is a bit of a sad one.
So I had this cat - Sam - he was awesome. I got him when I was a little girl, and we grew up together. We always did little head butts every day.... He slept in my bed... And when I wasn't at school, he was by my side.
A great cat.
I grew up on a private island, where my family and all our pets had 24 acres to play on - so when we moved to a farm I was worried he would get lost or hurt.
But he didn't, he stayed by my side.
Then one day, he was in his fav spot, and I was watching tv. He came up to me... Gave me this funny look, Head butted me. Meowed (which he never did). And put his paw on my hand. He just sat there like that for a minute. Meowed AGAIN. Headbutted me again. Then lied back down in his fav spot.
5 minutes later he died.
That sticks with me to this day.

Today i stopped at this authentic mexican store and bought some things. They had fresh tamales for 1$ each. They are very good. The friendly woman working there brings my tamales out that i am going to take home. Along with these, she has an extra one that she has warmed up, with a napkin and a spoon and she sais that she would like for me to try them. I have had them before but gladly accepted. There was something about here STO oriented energy that was greatly healing. We didn't talk but just exchanged energies. I left there feeling bright, uplifted and so thankful that i decided to stop in there. When i left I imagined transfering that great feeling back to her.
thank u for those animal stories !! our little brothers can teach us a lot !!

norral Heart
I subscribe to Daily Good emails:

http://www.dailygood.org/

And Help Others:

http://www.helpothers.org/

(Subscription link bottom of page on the left, after the stories list)

A nice way to start the day. Even if for the quotes!