Bring4th

Full Version: are you currently vegetarian?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
it may be suicide to say so on a spiritual forum, but I am an omnivore and quite enjoying being one. I listen to my body and eat what it considers tasty and nutritious; I have no 'preset' boundaries in that way.

I have tried going vegetarian (and even vegan) in the past. The closest I ever came to succeeding was by following a pretty strict Macrobiotics diet, but excluding the fish component. Worked pretty well for a year.

but I'm happy the way things are. As a genetically engineered organism (Ra says human beings were 'adapted' from apes, given big brains, deliberately made weak so we had to depend on each other, given dextrous hands, and (my assumption) gifted with an omnivore's stomach) we can CHOOSE the mode of our experience. And there is infinite variety in the choice.

there is no wrong choice, and I applaud those that can survive without consuming the flesh of our animal friends.

peace
I actually choose according to what Soul and Guides advise.

Beyond doing this, we eat according to "belief", which is a mode of experience, but then I am not into belief as much as experience.
I'm totally into experience. My diet has nothing to do with belief, and everything to do with what helps me be healthier. At the moment, I'm not only vegan, I'm 100% raw food vegan. That doesn't mean I won't start eating meat again, if my body starts screaming for meat. So far it hasn't.
(01-08-2012, 03:28 PM)Snowflower Wrote: [ -> ]I'm totally into experience. My diet has nothing to do with belief, and everything to do with what helps me be healthier. At the moment, I'm not only vegan, I'm 100% raw food vegan. That doesn't mean I won't start eating meat again, if my body starts screaming for meat. So far it hasn't.

wow! that's pretty good going Sunflower Smile

I've heard about folks who take it even one step further ... the so-called fruitarians.
Currently vegetarian (as I eat free range organic eggs and butter).

Wanting to try a raw food diet soon :¬)
I am not dependent of meat. My only real dependence left is that of sugar and/or coffeine, sadly. I can get on without sugar for weeks, but going on one day without my diet coke is REALLY hard. : D

But! I am choosing to slowly, but surely shift that reality, going into one when I am occasionally enjoying these beverages, without feeling guilt or remorse.

Now, for food intake, I am not really craving meat (except for once a month, or once in a quarter), but I do not avoid it either. I always hated the heavier red meat and preferred the lighter, subtler approaches, and the majority of my meat intake consists of some salami on the sandwich - nothing more. But I just realized that cheese is actually cheaper, and there is nothing better than having a meal consist of nothing but cheese and vegetables. Feels good...

I am considering going full no-meat vegetarian, but I will most likely still eat/drink cheese, yoghurts, egg and some mlik whenever I feel like it. I do not feel that it is a violation of animals in a way that eating their meat is. We started buying eggs from animal-friendly stores where chickens are not grown on trees, caged and stripped by every ounce of freedom - and that feels good already : D Having no need to eat heavy meat-based things must be because I always avoided fights and agressive lifestyle, so I consider it a non-virtue in my case, but a simple consequence.

Avocado

Eating raw material feels great and after delving into the LOO it tastes better too c;

Currently eating: water, fruit, veggies, oats and meat. And avocados of course. yum

I respect vegetarians/vegans tremendously. I plan on trying raw in the future.
"gifted with an omnivore's stomach" hmm cool I think I'll adopt this thought plenum C=
I stopped eating meat when I was 14. I just could not put deal animal flesh in my body anymore, I just thought about how it got to my plate and that was it. I went vegetarian after that day. I stopped eating eggs too, I still ate cheese and dairy though. I went vegan 2 years ago. It's been 18 years since I've had meat. Now I see all animals as my friend and companion. Friends don't eat friends I guess.
Plants can be good friends.
I'm vegetarian. 1 year scince last Wednesday!
I didn't do it for animal rights or anything like that, I just wanted to ingest the highest concentration of light possible. I don't even know if that's a real thing. Haha.
In any case, I feel good, and reserve the right to change my mind and go back to eating meat any time I please.
Veg for 30 years. Currently transitioning to raw vegan.
I used to be vegetarian/vegan but started eating meat again a few months ago and I don't regret it but I do try to buy the healthiest meat possible and I am still concerned about the plight of animals who spend their lives suffering in horrible conditions.
there's ways to eat meat without compromizing your ethics, just make sure the meat you eat comes from well treated animals. there's always free range, game...
I've been vegetarian since 1993. For over 10 years I did not eat eggs, but I do occasionally now--free range only--in response to a body message. I have been a raw-fooder and felt great. A naturopathic doctor in an attempt to balance my hormones with Chinese medicine, advised me stop the raw food, which I did for a while. In retrospect, I don't think that was good advice.

I still eat raw food every day.
(01-10-2012, 08:24 PM)Diana Wrote: [ -> ]A naturopathic doctor in an attempt to balance my hormones with Chinese medicine, advised me stop the raw food, which I did for a while. In retrospect, I don't think that was good advice.

I was told the same thing. Curiously, the Chinese doctors consider raw foods 'too cold' energetically. (Ever notice that Chinese restaurants don't have salad bars?) I too regretted following the advice at the time.

(01-10-2012, 08:31 PM)Bring4th_Monica Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-10-2012, 08:24 PM)Diana Wrote: [ -> ]A naturopathic doctor in an attempt to balance my hormones with Chinese medicine, advised me stop the raw food, which I did for a while. In retrospect, I don't think that was good advice.

I was told the same thing. Curiously, the Chinese doctors consider raw foods 'too cold' energetically. (Ever notice that Chinese restaurants don't have salad bars?) I too regretted following the advice at the time.

In my experience, the "hot/cold" methodology of some types of Eastern medicine only goes so far and applying it with a broad brush without other considerations can even be harmful.
I am currently a human becoming.
lacto-ovo vegeterian