Bring4th

Full Version: I could use some healing energy!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I know I'm not a beloved member of this forum or anything, and that I've only been around a little while, but I could use a little bit of assistance!

Around the middle of last year I compressed three discs in my lower back which put me off work for months. I spent 12 weeks lying on the floor unable to do anything and eventually had to have surgery to correct the problem. That was in September and I've been on the road to recovery ever since.

I was doing hydrotherapy and exercise physiology and getting stronger all the time, slowly building up my hours at work on the way back to full time, and doing really well, so I booked a trip to Texas to stay with some friends for three months. I've felt like Texas has been calling me for a long time, but that's a whole other story.

On Friday something went wrong, and all the original pain and problems have come rushing back. I've been bed ridden all weekend, and have booked in to get an MRI done, see the neurosurgeon etc - but I'm supposed to leave for the states in two weeks!

If I have a reoccurrence of the original problem, I can't travel, and I'm going to need more surgery. This isn't a hard luck story, if I can't go, I can't go. If I need surgery, I need surgery. I can only play the cards I'm delt, no use getting upset about it. But if it can be avoided, I most certainly want t avoid it!

So what I'm asking, is please keep my little problem in your thoughts and prayers as I lay here and try to will myself to heal in time, and hope that it's not as serious as it feels. Any extra light and love can only help!

Many thanks in advance!
I'll include you in my healing meditation/session :¬)

What have you tried, or read about, regarding self healing thus far my friend?
I will also include you in my daily meditation sessions, worry not.
all the best to you Brother 59.

we are here Smile

Meerie

Think twice before doing another surgery. Even the doctors now realize that in many cases, chiropractic therapies or sometimes even things a simple as gymnastics, to strenghten the muscles, will help back problems.
Maybe getting a new mattress to sleep on might also help.
Often the problem persists after surgery, which seems what you are experiencing.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/88317-...k-surgery/

best wishes to you! hope your back gets well and you can see your friends in Texas Smile
i will definitely send u some healing energy my friend. may i suggest u start taking glucosomine and chondroiton regularly to build up the joints. the stuff is very effective it has helped me and friends of mine. i agree with meerie i woudnt rush into surgery here . i will be sending u healing energy.

oh and who said u werent a beloved member of the forums. we love u dear brother/sister . you are a precious member of the human race

norral Heart
Here is a pointer to some back exercise (and other) videos prepared by Kaiser Permanente. Start with the Introductions please, as I'm not a physician nor a therapist. Maybe none of them is appropriate for your condition, so do proceed with caution if you think this might help.

http://mydoctor.kaiserpermanente.org/nca...category_6

I agree with norral. Heart
Thank you so much everyone. Your kindness does not go unappreciated.

I've received my MRI results and seen the neurosurgeon this morning, and unfortunately it is a recurrence of my original injury and surgery is my only option. The problem is I've split open one of my discs and the "crab meat" type of stuff that is inside the disc has spilt onto and is compressing my S1 nerve. That needs to be removed to alleviate the pain - which is excruciating.

There is good news. The surgeon is going out of his way to help me and has booked me in for surgery tonight. TONIGHT! No wait! This way, even if I push my flights back a fortnight, perhaps I'll still have half a chance of still making it to the states.

Meerie, you're right, and I have been doing excercise physiotherapy along with hydrotherapy for that reason. That should strengthen my core muscles enough to prevent further injury, however, the doc told me 5% of cases have a reoccurrence anyway. I'm just unlucky really. And at least this time as a result of the work I've been doing, I'll be much stronger post surgery than I was last time.

Namaste, I know very little! If you have any pointers I'd love some. Basically all I do is get myself into a relaxed state and imagine the injured area surrounded by a golden light, then envisage the healing taking place, sinew knitting back together etc. I try and focus on this for an hour or so at a time. I don't think I read about this anywhere, I'm not even sure how I came up with that.

Normal, I will look into the Glucosomine and Chondroiton. Thank you for the suggestion Smile

Unbound

I will do what I can!

Cyan

me/you:@

you/meHeart

me/youAngel

us:BigSmile
Good luck with the operation!

Meerie

Yes good luck! we are with you Heart
sounds painful. *hugs*
Posting from the hospital bed the morning after surgery. Doc came in and said he was very happy with the way it all went Smile

Does anyone have any tips on how to focus my energy for self healing, other than what I'm already doing?

Cyan

Mirroring works Smile
(01-10-2012, 05:10 PM)TheFifty9Sound Wrote: [ -> ]Posting from the hospital bed the morning after surgery. Doc came in and said he was very happy with the way it all went Smile

Does anyone have any tips on how to focus my energy for self healing, other than what I'm already doing?

I think that as you are going to be laying down for a while (I guess), the basic techniques are:

1) Relax your whole body, from the top to the bottom. Imagine the individual parts getting flooded by pure prana/qi/chi/energy/love, it helps if you also visualize this as a golden/white color flowing through you. If you prefer green however (a lot of people who play games do BigSmile), do so.
2) When you have done the whole body, focus all your attention to the spine.

//Sidenote: it really helped me big time to do these kinds of practices AFTER I have been doing chakra opening meditations for several months. I am sure the effect is amplified the more open your chackra system is.//

3) When you have the attention on your spine, imagine this: everything is alright. You have the energy, you have the necessary time, you have all the help needed to return your body parts to their original forms. Your spine remembers how it should behave and how it should be structured so it will heed to your will. Imagine that all that is happening is simply a need to pump more energy, attention and love (all the same though) to that body part.

Do not try to really get into the details. Your body knows better how to regenerate from everything than your mind could ever imagine. Let the higher self, all the loving energy that we are sending to you, that your higher self is sending to you, and that is always around you do the job.

Good luck - and I will continue to give power and love. I wish you a good and fast recovery : )
Just saw your post TheFifty9Sound, but will join everyone in sending you healing, love and light!

Thanks for the guidance Oldern, I'll most definitely put that into practice!

Meerie

sounds good so far Smile
I am glad the operation went well!
what is with the trip to Texas? Do you know if you will be able to go?
I'm going to push my flights back two weeks, so I've essentially got about a month to get fit. I figure if I lock in a date I need to work towards, it will help me sort of focus my energies and provide more motivation to rev up the healing process. If I'm not ready in time, I'll just have to change my flights again, but that's a gamble I'm willing to take.

Luckily I have no plans to go gallivanting across the country! and once I get there I can just take it easy. I'm more interested in experiencing a different culture than going sight seeing, although I was going to try and make a trip to llresearch.

I really just gotta take it a day at a time, but I'm feeling optimistic as I got such a head start by getting into surgery so quickly. If I was going to have to wait two weeks or a month to get in, Texas probably would have been off the table altogether.

I'm pretty sure I'll get to go home today, so I'm also quite looking forward to that!
just read your post, sound. i'm sending you healing energy and love. i'm glad your surgery went well.

Heart
Hey there, how are you feeling? I hope you're doing well.

I just saw your post today. I'll be sending you Reiki and well wishes tonight.

(01-08-2012, 09:26 PM)TheFifty9Sound Wrote: [ -> ]So I know I'm not a beloved member of this forum or anything....

Well of course you are! You be loved by me and many more around here. Wink

Heart

Love to all

Shawnna

Sending you much healing love and energy, my friend.

HeartHeartHeart
(01-11-2012, 06:07 PM)TheFifty9Sound Wrote: [ -> ]I'm going to push my flights back two weeks, so I've essentially got about a month to get fit. I figure if I lock in a date I need to work towards, it will help me sort of focus my energies and provide more motivation to rev up the healing process. If I'm not ready in time, I'll just have to change my flights again, but that's a gamble I'm willing to take.

Luckily I have no plans to go gallivanting across the country! and once I get there I can just take it easy. I'm more interested in experiencing a different culture than going sight seeing, although I was going to try and make a trip to llresearch.

I really just gotta take it a day at a time, but I'm feeling optimistic as I got such a head start by getting into surgery so quickly. If I was going to have to wait two weeks or a month to get in, Texas probably would have been off the table altogether.

I'm pretty sure I'll get to go home today, so I'm also quite looking forward to that!

Get well soon, I just sent some positive energy your way.

One thing you may try which does wonders for me is energy healing with your hands. Don't do this yourself as it requires some vigorous movement! Get someone you feel will take this seriously and enact it with love.

They should spend a few minutes just quietly visualising energy from the creator/universe entering their body from above and below with hands in the prayer position against their heart chakra. I usually envision this energy then entering the heart chakra and then entering the feminine, receptive left hand, up the arm, into the heart, down the right arm and out from the masculine projecting hand back into the left hand and heart. So it's a swirling of energy with the hands stimulating the heart chakra, intern stimulating the chakras in the hand.

Then they should rub their palms together lightly and vigorously for a minute or so. To build up a charge! It may take a couple of minutes. All the while they should envision this powerful electrical energy building up.

Then they should slowly pull the hands apart about 30cms. I usually feel a magnetic pull and an electrical sensation.

If this is achieved they would push their palms towards each other until they feel an magnetic repelling. Usually it's about 20cms for me. It feels like holding a ball between the palms. When they feel this they can then place both hands on you while you visualise the healing energy move to where it's needed.

Please do some further research on energetic healing, there are a couple of quick videos on youtube which will give you the general idea of what's required. I'm not very good at describing these sorts of things.

Good luck and I hope all goes well.