Bring4th

Full Version: 500 nm light may reset circadian rhythm
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was just reading this information about some research that indicates that light at a wavelength of 500nm may help to reset the circadian rhythm in humans.

GreenLIGHT Therapy vs Blue Light Therapy - A Review of the Research

NOTE: This is from a manufacturer website, so keep in mind they might be biased to the findings which support use of their own prodcuts.

However, that being said, I see that 500 nm is right on the border between blue and green. I am reminded of blue-green algae and I am thinking this environment is somehow keyed to this particular wavelength? Also I do know that rods in the retina are maximally sensitive to wavelengths near 500 nm, though they do not play much of a role in color vision.

Anyhow, I decided to create a graphic tool centered on the 500nm wavelength to use in some personal experimentation, and would like to share it here as others may find it useful.

Interesting. Your comment about the rods in the retina is also interesting. And blue-green algae is just about a perfect food. Our Earth looks blue-green from space. It would seem that there is a significance. Certainly in an existence where speaking from the heart/truth (chakras: green-heart, blue-communication) would go a long to bringing the world into balance, that particular wavelength range would seem to be important.

I have always been personally attracted to these colors in particular.

I would like to use the image as a screen saver since I am at my computer so much working. The jpeg you have above is really small. Did you create it that small? Could I get a larger jpeg? Thanks. Smile
(01-12-2012, 07:49 PM)Diana Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting. Your comment about the rods in the retina is also interesting. And blue-green algae is just about a perfect food. Our Earth looks blue-green from space. It would seem that there is a significance. Certainly in an existence where speaking from the heart/truth (chakras: green-heart, blue-communication) would go a long to bringing the world into balance, that particular wavelength range would seem to be important.

Yes, it would appear the relationship between all of those things is congruence.

Quote:I have always been personally attracted to these colors in particular.

I used to strongly favor the blue/indigo range, but green has grown on me.

Diana Wrote:I would like to use the image as a screen saver since I am at my computer so much working. The jpeg you have above is really small. Did you create it that small? Could I get a larger jpeg? Thanks. Smile

It is actually quite large (1600 x 1200 pixels). If you left-click on the image it will pop-up full size in another window. Then you can right-click and "Save as..." Smile
Okay--I have the big image now. Thanks Smile.
(01-13-2012, 01:11 AM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: [ -> ]I used to strongly favor the blue/indigo range

Like this one! This one is centered on the 400nm wavelength.

(01-13-2012, 02:10 AM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-13-2012, 01:11 AM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: [ -> ]I used to strongly favor the blue/indigo range

Like this one!

Thanks. I got that one too. Very beautiful.

umm... what?
(01-13-2012, 02:41 PM)Oceania Wrote: [ -> ]umm... what?

TN attached 2 jpegs that he made of particular light spectrums in the above posts. Smile
Blue and green are my favourite colours, however most human measurements (e.g. nanometers) are arbitrary so the chances of something significant being exactly 500 units seems unlikely.
(01-08-2012, 09:38 PM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: [ -> ]I am reminded of blue-green algae and I am thinking this environment is somehow keyed to this particular wavelength?

Cool! The blue-green algae is the most primal of all lifeforms. It's really cool when you put the powder in water and see it separate into the colors. There's a wide band of green, followed by a narrower band of blue, flowing into indigo and a very narrow band of violet on top. It's really fun to then stir it up and drink it! Like drinking condensed light directly coded to the chakras! Literally, that's what we're doing!

(01-17-2012, 04:59 PM)Bring4th_Monica Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-08-2012, 09:38 PM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: [ -> ]I am reminded of blue-green algae and I am thinking this environment is somehow keyed to this particular wavelength?

Cool! The blue-green algae is the most primal of all lifeforms. It's really cool when you put the powder in water and see it separate into the colors. There's a wide band of green, followed by a narrower band of blue, flowing into indigo and a very narrow band of violet on top. It's really fun to then stir it up and drink it! Like drinking condensed light directly coded to the chakras! Literally, that's what we're doing!

I have always wanted to use it as a supplement but I can't bring myself to get over the price. I've seen it retail for somewhere between $50 and $100 a pound! For algae?! I mean... it is considered a pest in certain places...!

Do you have a line on some that is more reasonably priced? I don't care about capsules and junk like that, I am fine putting it right into water and drinking it down like you mentioned.

(01-17-2012, 02:10 PM)turtledude23 Wrote: [ -> ]Blue and green are my favourite colours, however most human measurements (e.g. nanometers) are arbitrary so the chances of something significant being exactly 500 units seems unlikely.

I'm not sure what you mean by "arbitrary" but yes, there are multiple ways to convert wavelengths of light into RGB format. I used the algorithms from this site:

http://www.midnightkite.com/color.html

Each of the diagrams has 6 concentric circles, and a 7th area running from the outermost circle to the edges.

The middle circle is 500nm. The second runs from 495 to 505nm. The third from 490 - 510 nm. And so on out to the 7th level which has a gradient between 475 and 525 nm.

Tenet,

What program did you use to create those 2 great circular color files (the blue green one and the blue indigo one)? Those are awesome and I'd like to experiment with a similar program using other colors for some research I'm doing. Thanks much.

Best,

~RAS
Sound, Colour & Light Researcher & Developer

(01-17-2012, 07:15 PM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-17-2012, 04:59 PM)Bring4th_Monica Wrote: [ -> ]

I have always wanted to use it as a supplement but I can't bring myself to get over the price. I've seen it retail for somewhere between $50 and $100 a pound! For algae?! I mean... it is considered a pest in certain places...!

Do you have a line on some that is more reasonably priced? I don't care about capsules and junk like that, I am fine putting it right into water and drinking it down like you mentioned.

(01-17-2012, 02:10 PM)turtledude23 Wrote: [ -> ]Blue and green are my favourite colours, however most human measurements (e.g. nanometers) are arbitrary so the chances of something significant being exactly 500 units seems unlikely.

I'm not sure what you mean by "arbitrary" but yes, there are multiple ways to convert wavelengths of light into RGB format. I used the algorithms from this site:

http://www.midnightkite.com/color.html

Each of the diagrams has 6 concentric circles, and a 7th area running from the outermost circle to the edges.

The middle circle is 500nm. The second runs from 495 to 505nm. The third from 490 - 510 nm. And so on out to the 7th level which has a gradient between 475 and 525 nm.

(10-08-2012, 06:02 PM)rasman Wrote: [ -> ]Tenet,

What program did you use to create those 2 great circular color files (the blue green one and the blue indigo one)? Those are awesome and I'd like to experiment with a similar program using other colors for some research I'm doing. Thanks much.

Best,

~RAS
Sound, Colour & Light Researcher & Developer

Hi Rasman,

Thanks and welcome! I used GIMP.