Bring4th

Full Version: the beauty of herbs and herbalism
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i love the study of herbs and herbalism. to me it seems like the proper way to nourish and strengthen the human body. this morning i was reading the book chinese tonic herbs by ron teegarden. he mentions about
astragalus which is considered one of the major tonic herbs

"it helps to regulate fluid metabolism and those who consume it regularly rarely suffer from fluid retention and bloating " from that one statement i could envision so so many uses for this herb. people with edema for one and so so many others. it has also been shown that when used by cancer patients it strengthens the immune system and helps to defray the effects of chemotherapy which are immuno suppressing. Goddess bless the use of herbs these wondrous tools given for the welfare and benefit of the human race

norral Heart

zand herbals makes a nice formula with astragalus and various other chinese herbs in a 2 ounce liquid that is quite reasonable. the best things in life might not be free but they are usually reasonable BigSmile
I too love to work with herbs, and essential oils. Heart

Healing with herbs is much more subtle than allopathic medicine's pharmaceuticals (and of course, less harmful). I also think there is a component of mutual respect (plant to human, human to plant). What I mean by that is a person's energy signal, which may include a reverence for life including all plants, will affect how well the herb works in your body (this is a simplistic example).

Thanks for the information on astragalus. I sometimes feel bloated and I would love for that to go away.
Smile
try an alkaline diet. or a citrus one. i heard citrus makes your body alkaline.
(01-21-2012, 02:08 PM)Oceania Wrote: [ -> ]try an alkaline diet. or a citrus one. i heard citrus makes your body alkaline.

I am really alkaline. (I have tested it.) I eat really well. It's hormonal changes :-/. It's funny you mention citrus though, my boyfriend has been plying me with fresh-squeezed grapefruits lately Smile.

Meerie

grapefruit have similar effects as estrogene - they contain some kind of plant estrogene.
Maybe that will help your hormones Smile
(01-21-2012, 02:08 PM)Oceania Wrote: [ -> ]try an alkaline diet. or a citrus one. i heard citrus makes your body alkaline.

Whaaaa...? Citrus is acidic, right?

Meerie

for some reason its effects in the body are alkaline Smile
anybody else here take ginseng? (the Siberian variety; panax ginseng is too expensive for me lol)

that's some powerful stuff.
(01-24-2012, 04:43 PM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]anybody else here take ginseng? (the Siberian variety; panax ginseng is too expensive for me lol)

that's some powerful stuff.

I am not now, but I was taking it about ten years ago, and yes, I found it powerful too. It definitely boosts energy.
ive taken ginseng. i have to be careful with it as it tends to raise my blood pressure. ginseng as i understand it is probably the most popular and used herb in chinese herbalism. if u go to the chinese herb shops u will see it selling at about 600 to 1000 dollars for a lb .