Bring4th

Full Version: What's Your Myers-Briggs Personality Type?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
If you don't know try this simple test: http://www.personalitypathways.com/type_inventory.html or this longer one: http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes2.asp

-------

Mine is INTP.
this thread is an outgrowth of:

Introvert/Extrovert

but with a more detailed breakdown of personality.

it is fascinating to see how things grow and 'evolve' around here Smile
high five Diana.

me too BigSmile

- -

we even have our very own forums to discuss how cool we are:

http://intjforum.com/

640 users online!!! lol

Currently Active Users: 640 (164 members and 476 guests)

2obvious, abel, Acacia, Aklis, Anemoi, AngryGroceries, anisoptera, Antares, Arcanist, Artio, ascii, Athalie, Awesome, benr3600, bobabrowncoat, Bonafide, Brightinfinity, CaesAug, Caramello, chalice, Daoist, darniem, deeproller, Deliberator, dennisevans, Distance, Doomination, Drew, DS Lovecraft, Elena, elTee13, emrah, Equinox, EuroINTJ, FallenHawk, FeralEmployee, Ferbguy101, Findley, Fluffy, froyo, Fujimoto, gh0st, GSOgymrat, gypsy stardust, Haumea, Icarus, Indubitably, INTelliJent, intjistp, ischuldt, Janoha, Jbonkoski, JC22, jgregulus, jhpark, jisnowhere, jkatra, JTG, justmee, Karatekel, kari, KeithP, Kevinhood11, kevinlivecomau, kita, Kitesurf, LaoTzu, larkin, Latro, LucidLegend1984, machacatrov, Malkavia, ManWithNoName, masterpeach, matty, MaybeThanh, mhy, MichaelEmouse, Michelle Black, Miryr, Monte314, Moriturus, mormeguil, MortalWombat, MrFreakaficial, mrhat, Munglik, nightmar149, nihontoman, Ninetime, Noble, notkidding, Nuzke, Oros Ull, Osmobot, Overanalyzer, Pandaofsadness, Pdcdover, Persona, Phenom, pip, Plaprad, Plato, plushbug, Purgatid, PWatterson, qstoffe, racers, Radamisto, Ravendicon, RBM, Rsquared, s4nder, ScatMan, Seablue, searcheagle, seekingclarity, Selene, Seriously, silicon212, silvercrystal07, SirJamesIII, SShack, Still Standing, storm eyes, strategist, superflax, Tengu, teraczy, teri, The Journey, Thinkey, Thirdstringer, timeineternity, Tirannwn, Vermillion, VF1J, Warrior, Weltschmerzer, WhirlsTwirls, XFire35, yourascrub, zeldaftw, Zephyranthes

- -

ok ... that was maybe a bit TOO MUCH information. Back to bed Cool
(01-22-2012, 03:19 PM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]high five Diana.

me too BigSmile

- -

we even have our very own forums to discuss how cool we are:

http://intjforum.com/

And what do you get out of the forum? I am new to the forum idea, and this one is my first and only. Good info?
INFP here. My F was only two dots from center, and the P was only four, For what it's worth. According to Please Understand Me, INFPs are only 1% of the population. About time the world recognized me as special! Wink Angel

So far, we all have IN in common, i.e. Introversion and iNtuitive. Not surprising for Wanderers, I guess, at least STO ones. Tongue

Here are the exclusive pairs:

Extraversion | . . .Introversion
Sensing . . . .| . . .iNtuition
Thinking . . . .| . . .Feeling
Judging . . . . | . . .Perceptive
(01-22-2012, 10:52 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]Enneagram Type
http://www.bring4th.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=3569

I don't like this test, It doesn't resonate with me.
Haha, I just looked up what famous people are the same personality type as me: Highlights: http://www.celebritytypes.com/intp.php Ben Stein, Albert Einstein, John Locke, Charles Darwin, Abraham Lincoln, Leonardo Da Vinci, and Tina Fey.

Since there seems to be a great number of this type of this forum so far, here is the INTJ http://www.celebritytypes.com/intj.php

Meerie

(01-22-2012, 09:30 PM)kycahi Wrote: [ -> ]INFP here. My F was only two dots from center, and the P was only four, For what it's worth. According to Please Understand Me, INFPs are only 1% of the population. About time the world recognized me as special! Wink Angel

me too, INFP
1% only! ohmygod - that really sounds, ahem, SPECIAL BigSmile
"I wish I was special... oh... but I'm a creep"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzjUjNPYzLg
I'm either INTJ or INTP. I haven't gotten that last part quite figured out.
(01-24-2012, 01:19 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]I'm either INTJ or INTP. I haven't gotten that last part quite figured out.

From what I understand J means you're likely to come to a conclusion quickly and stick with it where as P means you're more likely to take your time when deciding and be more flexible in your idea of a situation, that's what a guidance counselor told me anyways, she could be wrong.
I'm kind of both. I tend to come to conclusions quickly, but am flexible in changing my mind if need be. If things don't work out the way I thought, I just go with it.

For instance, I am ending my internet business. I will have to take down my tower. I came to conclusion that it would be hard work, thinking about how I was to do it. I played out scenarios.

Then I found out someone else will be taking it down, saving me a bunch of work. My mind allowed this to happen. I guess because it's now an easier option.

I was kind of stuck in a worrying about my business closing. So being fixated on something like that, might make me an INTJ. If given time, I will plan out what decisions need to be made.
So i'll break it down into colors...

Extraverted = YellowOrange to Blue. Visible spectrum
Introverted = Indigo to Orange. Insivible spectrum

Sensing = Ruby to Yellow. Whole lower spectrum
iNtuitive = Violet to Green. Whole upper spectrum

Thinking = Yellow and/or YellowOrange. Male
Feeling = Green and/or Lightblue. Female

Judging = Violet and/or Yellow. Active/Ungrounded
Percieveing = Ruby and/or Green. Calm/Grounded

Theres no label for me with this system.
Ive got both sides of all these coins.....

Altho i started my life as Ruby Red YellowOrange Green...
Which would equal ISTP, it seem to be a common theme among this label to get bored of things rapidly, thus ones life mission would be to try/observe as many things as possible as fast as possible to know what they are in the most non-judgemental way.
I tried all the energies and ended up chosing "All of them"... and through that i'm no longer ISTP
Are those aura colors Liet?

If someone is introverted, you say blue to orange. Is this color throughout their whole aura? Or centered around certain chakras?
(01-24-2012, 04:47 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]Are those aura colors Liet?

If someone is introverted, you say blue to orange. Is this color throughout their whole aura? Or centered around certain chakras?

Moved Orange to intraverted because Ra mentioned somewhere that Orange is intraverted (reverting from the society/social aspect to focus on the self... or something like that)
Moved Blue to extraverted because its your face.

i'll edit the previous post for clarity.

Yes, aura colors.

i could link you my current take on the spectrum.
it'll make the colors less difficult to grasp...
[Image: 001.jpg]

INTP Here.

Introversion, iNtuition, Thinking, Perceiving.
INFP

Introversion, Intuition, Feeling, Perceiving.
(06-07-2012, 08:28 PM)Patrick Wrote: [ -> ]INTP Here.

Well that makes sense... I'm the same MBTI; no wonder we have so much in common.
I've already said this, but I previously tested as an INTJ. However, I don't believe personality is as fixed as some believe (is astrology destiny, for example?), and I have worked quite hard on addressing some of the 'shortcomings' of a so-called 'Master Thinker'.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/INTJ

the small rituals of life I have struggled much with:

Quote:may neglect small rituals designed to put others at ease. For example, INTJs may communicate that idle dialogue such as small talk is a waste of time. This may create the impression that the INTJ is in a hurry—an impression that is not always intended.

as always, these things are offered to the self as ways of continually balancing and refining.
(06-08-2012, 07:47 AM)Parsons Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-07-2012, 08:28 PM)Patrick Wrote: [ -> ]INTP Here.

Well that makes sense... I'm the same MBTI; no wonder we have so much in common.

I had the same result 10 years ago. But this time, I must admit that it was hard to choose from the two options along the short test.

I guess I am much more balanced now. That makes me happy! Smile
(01-24-2012, 04:26 AM)Meerie Wrote: [ -> ][quote='kycahi' pid='69394' dateline='1327282218']
INFP here. My F was only two dots from center, and the P was only four, For what it's worth. According to Please Understand Me, INFPs are only 1% of the population. About time the world recognized me as special! Wink Angel

me too, INFP
1% only! ohmygod - that really sounds, ahem, SPECIAL BigSmile
"I wish I was special... oh... but I'm a creep"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzjUjNPYzLg
[/quote

I'm INFP too...seems to be a lot of us on the forum ! BigSmile

Brittany

My latest one is ENFP, but honestly, my personality is so flexible (and my mood swings so notorious) I'm probably a different type every day. There were many questions I couldn't really even pick an answer to, because either or could be correct just depending on what day it is. I tend to always fall into the "idealist"category, though.
Both ISTJ and ESTJ work for me. Is there such a thing as (I+E)STJ?Huh

Comparing to the posts above, I must be the odd one out at this site.Cool

Note that I have been, at various time of my life, an engineer, a scientist, a cartographer, an amateur sommelier, a psychonaut, a "contactee", and a shaman of a sort; usually some combination of the above.

I went to that celebrity personality type comparison site mentioned earlier, and, with the exception of George Washington, I don't identify with any of them. In fact I am as far from most of those persons as it is possible to imagine (Hillary Clinton? Michelle Obama?? :@ Good Lord!)

My ancestors were neighbors of the Washingtons and the Lees....in fact, one of my great-grandfathers rode home from the surrender at Appomatox on the back of General Lee's horse.
INFJ

Hmmm, still the same profile after more than 20 years. Interesting.
(01-24-2012, 01:30 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]I'm kind of both. I tend to come to conclusions quickly, but am flexible in changing my mind if need be. If things don't work out the way I thought, I just go with it.

For instance, I am ending my internet business. I will have to take down my tower. I came to conclusion that it would be hard work, thinking about how I was to do it. I played out scenarios.

Then I found out someone else will be taking it down, saving me a bunch of work. My mind allowed this to happen. I guess because it's now an easier option.

I was kind of stuck in a worrying about my business closing. So being fixated on something like that, might make me an INTJ. If given time, I will plan out what decisions need to be made.

i think you're a p. i'm a p also. i see you as infp or intp Heart
Eddie you're the one s? lol. don't you see yourself as intuitive?

i'm infp of course.
(06-10-2012, 05:37 AM)Oceania Wrote: [ -> ]Eddie you're the one s? lol. don't you see yourself as intuitive?

I am somewhat intuitive (and getting more so by the day), but that test makes us choose just one from each category. Nothing there fits me truly well.

Oceania, I tend to agree with you.
I could be INFP as I'm very sensitive.
s people tend to be atheists and very limited to their 5 senses.
INFJ ("long test")

Introverted Intuitive Feeling Judging

After reading what this personality is like and wiki-ing the % of people like that. I am/was pleased BigSmile..

Still I wish the test would be more accurate somehow. Yes and No seems so limited, some answers felt needing more.
Buuut I get it I believe, it's not perfect and probably is enough to discern the overall type of one, as intended.
Pages: 1 2