Bring4th

Full Version: The Transformation of the Body
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been thinking about Death lately. Not in the literal sense, but figuratively.

Now, Death is card 13 in the tarot (spooky number!). It is also called the 'Transformation of the Body', and sits at level 6, what I choose to associate with the indigo ray.

let us see some images:

[Image: YyoRf.jpg][Image: 5soiw.jpg]

on the left, we have the Ryder-Waite version, on the right, an image from the Deviant Moon collection. Neither are particularly pleasing or welcoming.

what does Ra have to say about this card? not a great deal:

Quote:81.13 Questioner: The Transformation of the Body is called Death, for with death the body is transformed to a higher vibrational body for additional learning. Is this correct?

Ra: I am Ra. This is correct and may be seen to be additionally correct in that each moment and certainly each diurnal period of the bodily incarnation offers death and rebirth to one which is attempting to use the catalyst which is offered it.

let us highlight this last part, which is particularly relevant to the adept:

"certainly each diurnal period of the bodily incarnation offers death and rebirth to one which is attempting to use the catalyst which is offered it."

so, if we are fully open to the use of catalyst, then we 'die' each night, and are reborn with each new day. This fits in with the sense of the Transformation of the Body as the catalyst is exhausted with the previous card (the Hanged Man), so we need to 'die' or go to sleep, and then dream to program our physical body with new catalyst, for the coming day or 'life'.

what is even more astonishing is if we take the front end of Ra's statement:

" in that each moment offers death and rebirth to one which is attempting to use the catalyst which is offered it."

this is amazing! what Ra is saying here is that if are consciously aware of catalyst as it streams in moment by moment, and make adjustments for it, our physical beings can be literally transformed because we are adapting to the wave of incoming energies. We are 'shifting' with the times, rather than being stuck in our old thought patterns and habits.

Death = Transformation of the Body

- -

catalyst in this sense is quite important, and maybe a few quotes will be helpful:

Quote:The quickest way to learn is to deal with other-selves. This is a much greater catalyst than dealing with the self. Dealing with the self without other-selves is akin to living without what you would call mirrors. Thus, the self cannot see the fruits of its being-ness. Thus, each may aid each by reflection. This is also a primary reason for the weakening of the physical vehicle, as you call the physical complex.

- -

Quote:The more advanced the entity, the more tenuous the connection between the sub-Logos and the perceived catalyst until, finally, all catalyst is chosen, generated, and manufactured by the self, for the self.

- -

Quote:The sub-Logos offers the catalyst at the lower levels of energy, the first triad; these have to do with the survival of the physical complex. The higher centers gain catalyst from the biases of the mind/body/spirit complex itself in response to all random and directed experiences.

- -

this is plenum speaking again: now Death in the metaphorical sense has always been associated with the end of cycles (the scythe and the harvest field). This is more prominent in Ra's depiction of the card:

[Image: A9qYI.jpg]

so if we take the cycle of the body:

Balance, Wisdom, Wheel of Fortune, Enchantress, Hanged Man, Death, Alchemy

the end of a physical cycle definitely fits well, with the Great Way of the Body being represented by Alchemy, which is a summation card of all that went before.

Death = the end of Cycles

is also another way of looking at it. Ra suggests that we have some measure of control over how 'long' these cycles might be. If we are stubborn, and ignore incoming catalyst, these cycles might be years for an adult who doesn't change their opinions, values, or experiences. For someone who is open to things, each day is a new Death. For the high functioning adept, each MOMENT becomes death and rebirth. This is astonishing to even contemplate.

I am in awe (shocked too!)

- -

I'm trying to understand your astonishment. Maybe I'm not grasping the full concept of this information. :/

Holy god that has shed an INSANE amount of light on something my mind has been grappling with!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do some more of the cards!
If one remains open and honest, there is something to learn from each moment. Thus if you are willing to let go of the past and embrace the new you Change, transform.. The old self dies in order for the wiser self to spring forth.

It sounds easy, but we humans are known to be stubborn Smile
I've finally understood the Death Card.

it is this: allowing Change to Flow through You

not fighting it, not resisting it, not welcoming it, not embracing it

just allowing it.

- -

when you have mastered Death, you have become immortal

(did they say that in a Harry Potter book? lol BigSmile)

I saw this topic and wanted to share a little verse I wrote a few (OMG, it was 1987...) years ago..(how time flies...)

“Prose of Processing”

In euphoric dreams unseeing
Drowning death, is this believing?
Truth rips out delusion’s heart
Cry in the night
Processing starts

Guarding threshold, monster terror
Magic mirror revealing error,
Denying truth and losing soul
Dirty glass, not freedom’s road.

Meet yourself, the monster terror,
As all are, but you much rarer,
So few find chance for freedom’s key—
Still so lost are the many.

All will face or die this test.
Change is but another death.
Illumination, Wisdom’s road,
Is liberation
When controlled.

By "controlled" I mean that it doesn't sweep you away causing heartache and melodrama; I mean instead that when the Will is applied to the transformation, it becomes liberation.
(02-02-2012, 12:07 AM)abstrktion Wrote: [ -> ]I saw this topic and wanted to share a little verse I wrote a few (OMG, it was 1987...) years ago..(how time flies...)

“Prose of Processing”

thank you abstrktion. That was astonishingly pertinent. BigSmile

I guess in 1987 you were already thinking/processing Thoughts that only now I'm getting around to lol.

- -

(02-01-2012, 09:10 PM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]I've finally understood the Death Card.

just allowing it.

- -

Yes. But remember you are 'already' immortal.
It is simply a realisation. Quite a big one if you really grasp it.

Shin'Ar

Let me ask you all what is the most predominant aspect of the card with the skeleton? When you realize that you will understand where this card fits into the cycle of the other cards.

The problem with the Tarot is that, much like religion, it has lost ist true meaning and definition because of the infestation of man's opinions. Whatever one might think the true origin and purpose to be, one only need to consider the many various designs and interpretations to see the infestation.

I realize that there is supposed to be a psychic bond between reader and client but the actual divination, like many other forms of divination is supposed to be a process of design and intention.
One word: Detoxification.
renewal. change. transformation.

what's cool about the right card is death is the mother and the midwife. what's in the belly is change.
also death is the reaper. as in harvest. does that mean harvest happens upon death?

Shin'Ar

(02-21-2012, 12:43 AM)Oceania Wrote: [ -> ]renewal. change. transformation.

what's cool about the right card is death is the mother and the midwife. what's in the belly is change.
also death is the reaper. as in harvest. does that mean harvest happens upon death?

Its meaning is in the fleshless corpse searching for its next incarnation. This is the reincarnation card. The bodies of previous carnations are spread at its feet, its last incarnation now stripped from it, it searched for another to begin the cycle over again.

Alas, the darkness! Free yourselves of it!
cool.
(02-21-2012, 12:43 AM)Oceania Wrote: [ -> ]also death is the reaper. as in harvest. does that mean harvest happens upon death?

It may be that the harvest in this case is the individuals' harvest of all experience gained during that particular lifetime(?). Just as we may harvest the experiences / catalyst we've received during the day while we drift off to sleep, so can we harvest the lessons learned from a lifetime as we drift off to death.

Yes, I came to a similar experience as you.

The other day once in a middle of great thinking about why life brings me this or that, and why this or that happens, and then a big blizzard just started happening (I was walking outside) and I kind of saw that life in Earth is just allowing the illusion of duality (the flow of change). But death can also be the path to unity; when you die, duality probably ceases. This can be in end of our lives, or in each moment (little deaths - when you let go of something).

(02-01-2012, 09:10 PM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]I've finally understood the Death Card.

just allowing it.

- -

Unbound

Moderator Note: This post and the 7 that follow it were originally part of another thread about the Transformation of the Body.

Change in the activity of the body through the death and rebirth of the ego consciousness? Thus transformation of the raw energetic and physical body through alteration of energizing patterns of manifestation?

My birthday is the 13th and I have always heavily associated with this archetype. Transformation is part of FORM. Formation is when something is first precipitated in consciousness. Transformation is the activity of the form once formed. The enactment of the fundamental program, like a seed sprouting. Smile
Well, thank you. It seems this archetype has finally activated itself, ironically.
Ra, 12.31 Wrote:If there is no blockage, these energies pour or stream down into the mind/body/spirit complex perfecting moment by moment the individual’s body complex.

Unbound

"Perfecting moment by moment", what a beautiful expression of transformation. Smile
I too recently had my attention drawn to the number 13. I don't know why but i always think transform the body and you'll transform the mind.
(06-23-2013, 09:05 AM)Rake Wrote: [ -> ]I too recently had my attention drawn to the number 13. I don't know why but i always think transform the body and you'll transform the mind.

We have many tools available to us for enlightenment. You can work on the body, influencing the mind. You can work on the mind, influencing the body. There's probably other 'levers' available as well that I'm not aware of.
Death takes many forms. The snake sheds its skin. The child looses her baby teeth. An island in the Galapagos finally recedes back into the ocean to make way for a new one. A student graduates college. You get fired from your job. You move to another city. You get sick for a week. In each case, there is a passing away of something old in order to make way for something new. This is normally not an easy or comfortable experience, but it can still be pleasant if you grasp that the death is necessary.

After all, who wants to be a skeleton? The purpose is to take on a new body, not to be stripped of everything for the rest of your life.
I had powers a few times of hallucinating things. It was pretty interesting, though one time it was startling.
I even saw a show on a television that was turned off, but no sound.
I've hallucinated audibly what sounded like the big bang, or multiple big bangs.
So those were the extent of my powers.

One power I would wish for more than anything would be to propel myself into 4D.
I was watching game of thrones when i found myself to have picked up a pencil and wrote 13 completely unconsciously. I understand the cyclical pattern of death and rebirth and how each moment can be used as a death and rebirth. I know that in each moment i am exactly what I am. I am that emotion, If i have helped someone I am helpful if i have lost my temper then I am not at my best.
As for allowing change to flow through me i have recently finished University and everything in my life at this point in time is change their so no real constant other than friends and family. Is their and elephant in the room i am missing?
With the root of a strong , convicted intention and vision, we can change the world surrounding us with any second passing. Just like that, POOF ! Magic. Die my friends, die !